• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Booya!

QE7IdBR.jpg

Cracked the top 50. Pretty sure that's the best I can do after 100 or so tries.

desu

Played some of the challenges, the new menus are a huge improvement!

Only cool thing that's missing would be a way to see my current rank in the overview screen.

Played some of the challenges, the new menus are a huge improvement!

Only cool thing that's missing would be a way to see my current rank in the overview screen.
Yes I was thinking similar.

Also, in the post above you that guy has the top 7, then themselves. I'm seeing the top 8 and not me, so I've no idea what position I am in.

And pCARS reminded me how handy a live time to car in front is. I'd like that to be added in some way :p

farmerboy

Lovely work Rushy, lovely work.

But my ps4 is packed up being sent in for warranty, wont get to try all this for a while. :-(

Bloody shattered.

Tommi84

But my ps4 is packed up being sent in for warranty, wont get to try all this for a while. :-(
I finally need to send my PS4 for warranty too. After ~10min of Driveclub, it seems to want to fly away like a turbojet by the sound of it :( - just becomes unbearable. I will be off the grid for like 2 weeks or more ;(

I finally need to send my PS4 for warranty too. After ~10min of Driveclub, it seems to want to fly away like a turbojet by the sound of it :( - just becomes unbearable. I will be off the grid for like 2 weeks or more ;(

I'm on my 2nd PS4 too, my launch one refused to boot after about 6 months - I've wore out the left stick rubber on both of them too...

Yeah mines not exactly quiet :( Got the 20th Annivesary model though so not sure how they would go about fixing/replacing it

kie25

My PS4 has sounded like a jet taking off for about 6months, I've learnt to never play a game with anything still open like sky tv or netflix as this is main cause, it really builds up heat in general with Driveclub though. Also make sure you clean the vents every few days as they build dust up very quick.

DrKelpo

Banned
Is there a way to see how many solo challenges you have won? I don't know if I just don't have won enough or if it's a glitch that I didn't get the trophy yet.

Is there a way to see how many solo challenges you have won? I don't know if I just don't have won enough or if it's a glitch that I didn't get the trophy yet.

I don't believe there is bud, prolly best just getting someone to lose 5 private challenges in a row to get the trophy.

Tommi84

I've learnt to never play a game with anything still open like sky tv or netflix as this is main cause
Nothing on, I'm not even using rest mode much. After boot up, I go straight to Driveclub and then after a race or two, the noise is getting ridiculous. The console is on top of a shelf, nothing above it, tv next to it, vents clean. My first PS3 also broke in exactly the same way - cooling system went down.

I don't know if I just don't have won enough or if it's a glitch that I didn't get the trophy yet.
After the last update, Evo asked to redo the challenges after the challenge server update if you haven't earned the trophy yet. Seems there indeed was a glitch lately. Check now :)

Just got the platinum trophy. Hells yeah! Unbeatable trophy popped up randomly this morning about 2 days late and the platinum was mine.

Probably the easiest Platinum I've ever gotten. I didn't even realize I was so close to it until 2 days ago when I noticed I had only 1 trophy left. I got all the others by just playing the game, wasn't even trying for them.

Duallusion

Only a day later and challenges (leaderboards, number of participants) aren't loading that fast anymore, to say the least. I even got a "content temporarily unavailable" error a couple of times and scores/times not registered!

Hopefully it's because the switch to new servers isn't completely done yet ...

Only a day later and challenges (leaderboards, number of participants) aren't loading that fast anymore, to say the least. I even got a "content temporarily unavailable" error a couple of times and scores/times not registered!

Hopefully it's because the switch to new servers isn't completely done yet ...

Lol

Here we go again

To be fair, this is their first go at it since they removed the participant limit. They might have the infrastructure to support it but it could still take some tweaks and adjustments to appropriately handle load. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here

Duallusion

To be fair, this is their first go at it since they removed the participant limit. They might have the infrastructure to support it but it could still take some tweaks and adjustments to appropriately handle load. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here

I worry about that PS+ version, I really do. Not if or when it drops but what will happen when it does. :)

I worry about that PS+ version, I really do. Not if or when it drops but what will happen when it does. :)

Regardless of how good shape their servers are in, Ps+ will destroy them at launch.

Their only hope is they can recover and adjust swiftly because everyone is going to be extra critical

Pretty odd event at the moment online, lets you pick Performance or Sports. Though your Performance choice is limited to just the Survolt. And it can't keep up.

desu

Was just reading some game dev things and came across the fact that Driveclub uses TrueSky (for sky effects, what a surprise). Anyway was looking around a bit more and saw that even CD Project was inspired by DCs weather for The Witcher 3, pretty cool!

OK I've just sent out the challenges for this event - you should have 7 challenges but if you're missing any then let me know. The new system is actually a pain when it comes to doing this as it only let's me pick 31 friends to challenge so instead of me sending it to everyone on my list with DC I have to try to pick out who I think might want to take part. So anyone who hasn't received the challenges please let me know and I'll forward them onto you.

Thanks to everyone who helped out this time in creating the event, you know who you are :)

It's a bit more challenging this time around, the Scottish tracks are all big & fast which is reflected in the car choices - supers & hypers only this time!

You will need DLC to enter some of the events... Oh and the Sesto Elemento 'kin rocks, what a car!

Was just reading some game dev things and came across the fact that Driveclub uses TrueSky (for sky effects, what a surprise). Anyway was looking around a bit more and saw that even CD Project was inspired by DCs weather for The Witcher 3, pretty cool!

Is that the interview with Jose Teixeira? "Driveclub has fantastic weather effects, they were a huge inspiration for us! Again, the ideas for the future keep pouring." I hope they manage to get close to the lighting and weather for Cyberpunk 2077.

Shaneus

Yeah mines not exactly quiet :( Got the 20th Annivesary model though so not sure how they would go about fixing/replacing it
You bastard.

My PS4 has sounded like a jet taking off for about 6months, I've learnt to never play a game with anything still open like sky tv or netflix as this is main cause, it really builds up heat in general with Driveclub though. Also make sure you clean the vents every few days as they build dust up very quick.
Mine's generally pretty quiet, but mine sits on a rack kinda thing, so not on a solid shelf. Except for when it beeps due to that damn (what I think is that) disk eject/loose screw beeping issue.

Online has been afwul as of late. It feels worse than usual. People are just relentless now. They will smash you wherever. I spin at least once every race because some idiot is driving in my tail.

Top Bottom