• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

ajcacio

Banned
I think I found a new car I want in drive club (other than japanese of course!)

Quantum GP700

quantum-gp700-kit-car-(1).jpg

Come to think of it...Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore and Maloo would be other fun Australian additions.

Shaneus

I think I found a new car I want in drive club (other than japanese of course!)

Quantum GP700

quantum-gp700-kit-car-(1).jpg

Come to think of it...Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore and Maloo would be other fun Australian additions.
Indigo? Is that you?

Wait. That thing isn't all that much like the Indigo, other than the colours and that it's an open-wheeler. Somehow it does make me want an Indigo even more, though.

I just ran 5 of the challenges - still missing 2. DHC I sent you a message on PSN.

Also, I hate you for that Ariel Atom challenge :p Was your intent to send us airborne into that guard rail? Because if so, mission accomplished.

What do you mean by rally? Sorry havent played in a couple months.

No probs, it's 7 challenges and your ranked on the total time to complete them all. Quite a big spread of ability in the entrants usually so even if your not at the top you can still compete with the guys around you. I post the leaderboards every day and you can go back and keep improving your times.

I just ran 5 of the challenges - still missing 2. DHC I sent you a message on PSN.

Also, I hate you for that Ariel Atom challenge :p Was your intent to send us airborne into that guard rail? Because if so, mission accomplished.

LOL I love that challenge, it feels so dangerous! There's not many events where you take off 4 times a lap :)

Me me me.

PSN is chalkitdown

Done, enjoy!

Mabufu

Banned
Tried DC at a Gamestop, and it didn't look particularly remarkable in nighttime/normal weather. Forza was playing right beside it, I asked a casual friend which looked better, and he said Forza. Maybe because DC was in night time, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Got a chance to play at home on my PS4, and good god, I played with rain and I was absolutely floored. There's just something so astonishing about the wetness of everything. I've never felt this way about gameplay graphics in a long time. Everything is so lush, rich, alive in the rain. I pray this engine is used in other games.

I've only seen gifs and videos before this, but it does the game no justice.

Sunny weather, the way the sun reflects off things is also quite remarkable.

If Evolution had put in rain from the start, I really think it would have blown a lot of onlookers away, at various PS4 kiosks/booths across retailers worldwide. Imagine walking into a Gamestop and seeing the rain.

It feels like such craftsmanship.

I'm hopeful Evo can make a sequel and just expand the hell out of everything. And I hate to bring up old arguments from launch, but I would be so happy for an open world spinoff. I just want to drive aimlessly in the rain and just zone out.

Damn, with Morpheus on the rise, this game may just get a second chance to show off that rain. I just love rain in games. So many of them just show little white lines across the screen, and some of them look artistically nice enough to appreciate (RDR). But this is what I've always wanted to see. I just want to reach out and touch.

Forza day graphics may look nicer than DC at night or at a sunny day.
But DC doesnt want to look nice, just realistic. And reality is not meant to be always beautiful.

Forza can be beautiful, but DC is a lo more accurate to reality.

So, given the conditions of weather or a cloudy sunset or sunrise, is where DC really shows what its accurate illumination model is capable of.

Erevador

I have owned Driveclub for months and have tried to get into it a few times, but I'm just... really, really bad at it. In the past I've never had trouble excelling at Burnout, Forza, or PGR, but for some reason I just can't get an elegant handle on Driveclub's controls. I definitely get the feeling that the problem is me though, not the game. I get the sense that it works... I just can't seem to make it work for me.

lordxar

Somebody likes the Lykan on the Kyle ;) not sure I do though lol. This will be a challenging rally. The time of day blows on some tracks or maybe its just Scotland in general. The Rimac I think has the shittiest headlights and worst time of day. The cockpit interior gets super dark on my TV so I may give hood or dash cam a try. Looks like a fun rally though, these are some fast ass tracks and once their strung together it really shows.

I have owned Driveclub for months and have tried to get into it a few times, but I'm just... really, really bad at it. In the past I've never had trouble excelling at Burnout, Forza, or PGR, but for some reason I just can't get an elegant handle on Driveclub's controls. I definitely get the feeling that the problem is me though, not the game. I get the sense that it works... I just can't seem to make it work for me.

Just take your time in the lower classes/challenges and then slowly go up..don't try to force yourself on the hyper class.
don't hesitate to improve your timeson the early events.you'll learn the tracks that way and polish your control.you'll master drivclub easily if you don't rush through the campaign.

There's an Atom challenge? Cock.

Somebody likes the Lykan on the Kyle ;) not sure I do though lol. This will be a challenging rally. The time of day blows on some tracks or maybe its just Scotland in general. The Rimac I think has the shittiest headlights and worst time of day. The cockpit interior gets super dark on my TV so I may give hood or dash cam a try. Looks like a fun rally though, these are some fast ass tracks and once their strung together it really shows.
Ha. Those would be my contributions to the rally. I've not been on, so I'll just assume they're both there, the idea was you drive The Kyle at sunset with a gorgeous view on the final two bridges (depends how good you are, though :p), then you drive back the way you came for sunrise!

And the Rimac was mine too. I will probably regret it, I crashed so many times thanks to the odd chambers in the road, you really have to take some corners a lot slower than you think in that car, but it was a blast to attempt it so :p

sneaky77

Is there a list for the challenges? I feel like I got 13 notifications last night from DHC but I haven't been able to check in the game yet

Is there a list for the challenges? I feel like I got 13 notifications last night from DHC but I haven't been able to check in the game yet

From memory...

The Kyle - Lykan - Dry
The Kyle R - Lykan - Light rain
Trotternish - Rimac - Dry
Kinloch - Diablo - Dry
Loch Duich R - Atom - Dry
Wester Ross R - Sesto Elemento - Light rain
BHR 03 - Alpine - Heavy rain

Certainly a tougher selection than usual!

crispyben

My goodness, Atomic Theory, Choose Your Poison and God Mode were among the hardest DLC events since the start for me! Then the final ones are really easy in comparison...

DHC you chose the wrong time for The Kyle challenge :p 15:30 instead of 17:30 :p I guess you got confused with the return leg!

I apologise if anyone is blinded by the sun as a result!

DHC you chose the wrong time for The Kyle challenge :p 15:30 instead of 17:30 :p I guess you got confused with the return leg!

I apologise if anyone is blinded by the sun as a result!

I thought that was intentional. Many crashes were had in attempting that lap, particularly the narrow passage through the buildings and the left turn right after

Ted

Dear Evo,

Please make an F2P game with all the driveclub tracks and three to five wombat variants with the same driving and nitrous stats. Sell a shed load of cosmetic only vehicle customisations; shiny wheels, wings, grills, extended archs, roo-bars, fluffy dice and all sorts of tacky plastic awesomeness (any 1990s copy of Max Power can be used for inspiration if you so wish). Make it multiplayer only, enhance the playlist system, give it a competitive meta, add a few "real yet crazy" courses, call it Wombatclub (because Wombat is a fun word to say drunk). Make oodles of money (maybe).

Thanks and regards,

Ted

I thought that was intentional. Many crashes were had in attempting that lap, particularly the narrow passage through the buildings and the left turn right after

Yep that spot wrecked me on most of my attempts too!

Doesn't it mean that if I can't participate in the DLC challenges I am at the bottom of the rally list regardless?

You'll get a time for the challenges you didn't compete in that is slower than everyone who did complete it. Sorry but the season pass is such a good deal that I take it as given that people will have it.

Auctopus

Dear Evo,

Please make an F2P game with all the driveclub tracks and three to five wombat variants with the same driving and nitrous stats. Sell a shed load of cosmetic only vehicle customisations; shiny wheels, wings, grills, extended archs, roo-bars, fluffy dice and all sorts of tacky plastic awesomeness (any 1990s copy of Max Power can be used for inspiration if you so wish). Make it multiplayer only, enhance the playlist system, give it a competitive meta, add a few "real yet crazy" courses, call it Wombatclub (because Wombat is a fun word to say drunk). Make oodles of money (maybe).

Thanks and regards,

Ted

call it Wombatclub (because Wombat is a fun word to say drunk)

Wombat is a fun word to say drunk

http://64.91.255.7/forum/showthread.php?t=788465&page=333

drotahorror

Can you guys point me in the direction of these challenges/rally challenges?

Anyone able to check the rally challenges? How are my times holding up?

I updated the spreadsheet about 2 hours ago and you were 4th bud - some more guys been on since so I'll update it again in a bit the post tonight's standings.

Can you guys point me in the direction of these challenges/rally challenges?

Yep as Bf said, send me a friend request and I'll send you the challenges.

Thanks man.

Just to clarify - we are allowed multiple runs on these challenges? I've only done 1 attempt on each so far since I wasn't sure of the rules

Thanks man.

Just to clarify - we are allowed multiple runs on these challenges? I've only done 1 attempt on each so far since I wasn't sure of the rules

Yeah have as many goes as you like - we can't actually police that any more as unless I'm mistaken the new servers have dropped the attempt counter.

Screenshot_2015_06_03_23_41_22.png

Great response for day 1! Looks like I'm going to need more slots in my spreadsheet!

Great start by SaberWolf - TRP & DJW haven't posted many times yet so they'll climb the table as the week goes on - same goes for AnythingBut & Vagabone if they keep sticking the times in.

Strong new entries in Chalkitdown & DrKelpo too - looks like we're in for another close one!

Shaneus

Ah ok.

That's a shame, I enjoyed seeing my 109 attempts listed beside a drift challenge
Can you (or anyone) confirm this? I understand it does place some kind of load on the servers, but it does affect how you see leaderboards IMO. I'd have more respect for someone with a top time and only two attempts vs. someone that has 20.

Can you (or anyone) confirm this? I understand it does place some kind of load on the servers, but it does affect how you see leaderboards IMO. I'd have more respect for someone with a top time and only two attempts vs. someone that has 20.

Normally you see the attempt count when you click into the leaderboard but it isn't there now. They've also limited the number of challenges you can send out per day, as well as limited the qty of recipients you can choose at a time.

lordxar

Personally I kind of hated the attempt counter. Bad time? Retry before finish and fewer attempts get recorded but not a true count except for people like me who finish anyway...usually ;)

Yay I'm mid pack on the rally! Don't care how few full runs are posted lol its a small victory.

Screenshot_2015_06_03_23_41_22.png

Great response for day 1! Looks like I'm going to need more slots in my spreadsheet!

Great start by SaberWolf - TRP & DJW haven't posted many times yet so they'll climb the table as the week goes on - same goes for AnythingBut & Vagabone if they keep sticking the times in.

Strong new entries in Chalkitdown & DrKelpo too - looks like we're in for another close one!

Was surprised to see me so close to your times in a few, i'm assuming you will soon streak past me. Just an idea but would it be possible for another column to indicate how many events the person has taken part in, just so we can tell if we are close of they have the default time attached and still yet to post?

Moving today and don't get internet again till Tuesday, so will have to try get some better times late in the event. Not sure my phones 4G would suffice.

Shaved off some precious seconds tonight but not sure how much lower I can go

How someone got 1:36 on that wet track with the Renault Alpine is beyond me. I can't crack 1:40

Edit: oh yeah and this just happened

https://youtu.be/HSJH58Gnst8

LOL that'll be the point where your blinded by the sun ;-) That bloody Mango and his sadistic challenges!

I've just nipped on and seen all your improvements, nice work bud! You've slipped to 6th but that's due to Sirenty & Jbrookes entering the fray, 3 seconds would claim 5th spot back....

So at the moment the top ten is
SaberWolf
Sirenty
Mangochutney
Dhc-shannow
Jbrookes
Bananafactory
Sarilacivert
AbandonedTrolley
DrKelpo
Chalkitdown

Was surprised to see me so close to your times in a few, i'm assuming you will soon streak past me. Just an idea but would it be possible for another column to indicate how many events the person has taken part in, just so we can tell if we are close of they have the default time attached and still yet to post?

Moving today and don't get internet again till Tuesday, so will have to try get some better times late in the event. Not sure my phones 4G would suffice.

Scotland is easily my weakest country, there's only Wester Ross that I really like so I kinda knew this one will be tough for me. Yeah good idea about the extra column, I'll get on it at lunch time. Good luck with the move!

DrKelpo

Banned
Edit: oh yeah and this just happened

haha, exactly the same happened to me, that last corner in the sunlight can be a bitch.

regarding the spreadsheet... i'm surprised i'm even that high on the list at the moment.
i seriously had trouble coming close to most of you guys at many tracks.

but i will continue to work on it... my goal is top10 for my first entry in the rally :D

Ted

Maybe but sobriety doesn't make it less appealing [to me] though.

The Wombat suits the simplistic nature of the online mode, you don't need private lobbies or gentlemanly racing when you have a metal frame bug and a boost button!

Top Bottom