• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

DrKelpo

Banned
DrKelpo is the other noticeable mover and made big gains on most of his times.

oh-stop-it-you-240x180.png

but seriously... i would be so happy, if i could hold on to that 8th place... some of the times you guys pulled off are insanely good... would love to see some replays after the rally is over (especially rimac ^^)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Hey guys is there a brightness issue with DC with certain monitors/TV's?

I have a Samsung TA550 27'' and the picture always has this overbright gray filter over it, like the gamma or contrast/brightness are way off.

It doesn't happen with any other games or even the PS4 menu.

Anyone have any help to give? :(

Brother's Samsung monitor has a nice rich, deep color reproduction. I'm jealous.

Alright, I'm done.

I've posted the absolute best times I can, and I'm convinced I can't improve by more than a few milliseconds on each challenge. Nothing that will move me up anyways. You guys are simply faster than me

So I'm gonna call er quits and see what spot I end up in, before I break my controller in half :D

BTW Kelpo I may have bumped you for now :p

farmerboy

Daaaaaamn that drop =(

Alright, I'm done.

I've posted the absolute best times I can, and I'm convinced I can't improve by more than a few milliseconds on each challenge. Nothing that will move me up anyways. You guys are simply faster than me

So I'm gonna call er quits and see what spot I end up in, before I break my controller in half :D

Don't want to harp on about it, but bottom folk, and all that.

Looks like we might need to induct Kelpo in the Bottom Folk Club.

Don't want to harp on about it, but bottom folk, and all that.

Haha! Yeah I guess I can't escape my bottom folk bloodline, I was born bottom and bottom is where I'll die.

But don't worry Kelpo, there's always room down here :D

Argh! I just want one decent time with the Rimac so I never have to use the bloody thing again!

By the way, I see some have completed 7 events? I received 5 from DHC. I could also be confused about the new challenges menu, lol.

These are what you should have

The Kyle - Lykan - Dry
The Kyle R - Lykan - Light rain
Trotternish - Rimac - Dry
Kinloch - Diablo - Dry
Loch Duich R - Atom - Dry
Wester Ross R - Sesto Elemento - Light rain
BHR 03 - Alpine - Heavy rain

Let me know what's missing (the new system doesn't say whose had them whilst the old one did)

DrKelpo

Banned

god damnit... i lost at least 3 places over night ... :D

Haha! Yeah I guess I can't escape my bottom folk bloodline, I was born bottom and bottom is where I'll die.

But don't worry Kelpo, there's always room down here :D

haha^^... there is no shame taking your place at the bottom of this list of drivers... but you have to dream big, which is middle folk at the moment :D

-Amon-

That part in The Kyle where you pass through a village.

Sooooo good.

Looks so effortless, like all great drives.

He's a little too conservative on the last turn, but it's more than normal on a point to point track, on the last turn after an effort like that.

Looks so effortless, like all great drives.

He's a little too conservative on the last turn, but it's more than normal on a point to point track, on the last turn after an effort like that.

It's only that last bend where the back kicks out, impressive with such a tail slidey car but all about smoothness in braking and cornering.

Here's the Rimac run to really rub it in...

https://youtu.be/2mu3pvbCMDg

Auctopus

Does anyone else's Driveclub updates take forever to prepare to download?

Edit: also, Scotland's my least favourite location so I'm gonna give this rally a miss.

Looking forward to those day 3 standings.

Let's see if my top 10 spot holds!

I also have no idea where you guys are finding extra time on the Diablo challenge, I've run that as perfect as I can and can't break 1:27, yet all your times are 1:25 or less

UV-6

Does anyone else's Driveclub updates take forever to prepare to download?

Yup, takes around 7-10 minutes preparing the download. Kind of annoying.
I also have no idea where you guys are finding extra time on the Diablo challenge, I've run that as perfect as I can and can't break 1:27, yet all your times are 1:25 or less
Yeah, same here mate. I can't see the 1st place ghost either to see where I'm going wrong. Is that the same for everyone else?

knavish

Yup, takes around 7-10 minutes preparing the download. Kind of annoying.
Yeah, same here mate. I can't see the 1st place ghost either to see where I'm going wrong. Is that the same for everyone else?

yeah buttons ghost doesn't appear on that track for some reason. what's really helped me with my time on that track (3rd I think) is moving from Automatic to manual and having complete control over the gears especially through hairpins etc

knavish

By the way everyone if you want some help button has asked me to say to people that if you add him he'll try and help those who want/need some assistance. TRP_Button is his PSN

he also mentioned that dont let that diablo drift at all, being in manual helps as you can shift it up a gear to stop the drifting

Lol im not messing with manual I can barely drive auto

Good to know that's where the difference is coming though

Can we get him on GAF?
Well they've trumped us on the Rimac challenge, on a track they claim not to know and that just has drive, no gears, so we need to find another excuse other than manual :p

I didn't even know I was in this latest rally. I guess I was entered when I did a challenge the other day, didn't know it was part of it. I only say all that because I haven't been able to really participate, some personal issues have popped up so I haven't been able to devote any real time to gaming lately.

Looking forward to those day 3 standings.

Let's see if my top 10 spot holds!

It'd be nice to have a real-time leaderboard, I think it'd add quite a lot to the event. I wouldn't mind if evolution just issued their own rallies like that and didn't give us the ability to link challenges ourselves.

I didn't even know I was in this latest rally. I guess I was entered when I did a challenge the other day, didn't know it was part of it. I only say all that because I haven't been able to really participate, some personal issues have popped up so I haven't been able to devote any real time to gaming lately.

Sorry to hear that bud, let me know if you do want to take part and there's any challenges missing. Didn't recognise you with your new avatar, it's like the end of an era!

Well they've trumped us on the Rimac challenge, on a track they claim not to know and that just has drive, no gears, so we need to find another excuse other than manual :p

Age? Dayjobs? Alcohol? ;-)

Any driving tips to a newbie?
Ferrari in the rain on the India track was rage inducing.

But oh so beautiful.

Don't be afraid to take your foot off the gas at certain points, you don't have to always be either braking or accelerating. And even when applying gas, you can give er as little or as much as you want, it's not just choosing between none or full

I find this especially helpful when taking slippery corners

Don't be afraid to take your foot off the gas at certain points, you don't have to always be either braking or accelerating. And even when applying gas, you can give er as little or as much as you want, it's not just choosing between none or full

I find this especially helpful when taking slippery corners

thanks, yes this is true. I need to stop the all or nothing gas.

When I let go of the gas and take a turn I often find I over turn and lose control. The game doesn't seem to be set up to correct steering (counter steering) perhaps Im entering the turn too fast?

Screenshot_2015_06_06_00_14_51.png

TRP enters fully and grabs the top spot, then it's a really tight scrap from 2nd down to 12th. Still lots of people finding big chunks of time and it feels like if your not improving then your going backwards.

DrKelpo

Banned
fuck yes, 12 seconds and one place up ... middle folk yaaay :D

when you're sick at home, you have a lot of time on your hand....

UV-6

Can someone please beat TRP_BUTTON's time on Kinloch (Diablo) so I can see the ghost car in front of me. Not asking for much :p

Can someone please beat TRP_BUTTON's time on Kinloch (Diablo) so I can see the ghost car in front of me. Not asking for much :p
It is also a really close battle that challenge, so many on 1:25.x. Just managed to get out of that time.

I found that letting it roll through the right angle corners helped.

Top Bottom