• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Vaga

Screenshot_2015_06_07_09_45_13.png

Wow, yesterday morning I'd improved to be in the top 6 on 6 of the challenges, this morning I have 9th & 11th places! Very close and active this time around which is great to see :)

The big mover is knavish, climbing 10 places to 3rd. SaberWolf keeps whittling away at his times and closing the gap to TRP.

Fuck, dat drop. Barely managed to get near my time trial WR on The Kyle, the Diablo And Rimac are killing me such shit cars lol. Plus Witcher 3 is taking all my free time ughhh.

farmerboy

Hopefully get on tonight proper and try to do all the challenges and post some "decent" times.

I'll be honest and say I just wanna get close to bananafactory.

I just wanna
I just wannaa, a-ha
farmerboy just wanna have fun

Please forgive me.

Screenshot_2015_06_08_07_10_02.png

Well the battle for 2nd has really kicked off with Vaga taking the fight to TRP on the point to points and AnythingBut & Sirenty making big improvements to a lot of times too. Incredibly tight with 2nd to 7th covered by 6 seconds!

Well the move is all done, however there are a load of boxes to be sorted! PS4 is out and ready though, just waiting for Virgin to install the internet tomorrow, ended up getting 152MB line installed. Hopefully that will help me go faster lol Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to post some new times before the challenges end.

Ted

still waiting for private lobby's.

Yup. An update on this from Evolution Studios would be great.

I still play a little online now and then and it's still mostly a basic and frustrating experience. I've posted at length before about minimal tweaks that could at least add some variety to the existing events but that won't help [much] with the punting or the laughably bad rage quitting.

Or just release a Wombat only F2P... :)

@Rushy

Please make the car wheels/rims blur correctly in motion, in-game or at least replays like they do in your trailers and basically every other racing this generation(in gameplay) as well as some from 2 generations ago too!! (GT3 and 4)

Apart from private lobbies in multiplayer...its the only last missing piece of the puzzle!! :)

Aarrgh, Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful with the wifey tonight. Not gonna get those trials done like this.

Excuses excuses eh! Actually I'm the same, trying to squeeze half an hour or so in when I can but it ain't easy with my hectic home life.

Man I suck at this game.

Been playing long? It takes a while to get a grip on the quicker cars and learn the tracks. The depth is pretty amazing though, as you can see from the rally on here there always seems to be a way to go that bit quicker.

Well the move is all done, however there are a load of boxes to be sorted! PS4 is out and ready though, just waiting for Virgin to install the internet tomorrow, ended up getting 152MB line installed. Hopefully that will help me go faster lol Fingers crossed I'll get a chance to post some new times before the challenges end.

Wow 152Mb here in the UK?!?

Stacey

Banned
Hmm i'm on Virgin Media, I think I pay £22 for 20mb! I'll have a look into this...

Virgin Media said:
Get a killer combo with:

Superfast up to 152Mb broadband
On average 12x faster than regular broadband°
Includes our new Super Hub - The Fastest Wi-Fi hub compared to BT, Sky and Talk Talk
Unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines∆, 0870 numbers and Virgin mobile numbers
Great calling features
FREE set-up worth £49.95
£20
a month
for 12 months
then just £30 a month

+ Virgin Phone line for £16.99 a month
18 month contract

http://store.virginmedia.com/broadband/compare-broadband/152mb.html

£37pm for 12 months (includes phone line), then add a tenner after that.

or

£40pm without a phone line.

Damn that's a drop.

Yeah it's just so tight in there - you took nearly 3 seconds off your time but others found more. I think Vaga is probably in the best position as he has very good times on the p2p's and more average times on the circuits so you can see where he can make gains. Your times are pretty even across the board so there's not just one or two runs that's going to make a huge change.

farmerboy

What's PD like? Been watching GoT from the start so have that tonight, hoping that I get some trials time in tomorrow once the internet is hooked back up.

Its somewhat of a horror set in Victorian era London, populated by characters that all have a connection to evil and the dark arts. The story centers around their struggle to combat this evil. Very intense, slow and methodical with some very good dialogue and interplay between characters. It could do with more action though. This season is better than the last and it feels like its building into something special. Also looks to be produced really well.

And Shannow, I'LL BLOODY USE ANY EXCUSE I WANT.

Its somewhat of a horror set in Victorian era London, populated by characters that all have a connection to evil and the dark arts. The story centers around their struggle to combat this evil. Very intense, slow and methodical with some very good dialogue and interplay between characters. It could do with more action though. This season is better than the last and it feels like its building into something special. Also looks to be produced really well.

And Shannow, I'LL BLOODY USE ANY EXCUSE I WANT.

LOL well after the finger one I wondered what would be next ;-)

http://store.virginmedia.com/broadband/compare-broadband/152mb.html

£37pm for 12 months (includes phone line), then add a tenner after that.

or

£40pm without a phone line.

Hmm cheers for the info bud but prolly a bit pricey for me, I have too many mouths to feed!

nib95

Banned
LOL well after the finger one I wondered what would be next ;-)

Hmm cheers for the info bud but prolly a bit pricey for me, I have too many mouths to feed!

I had a letter in the post the other day from BT about BT Infinity for £10 a month for new customers (not including the phone line). So you could probably get it all inclusive of the phone line for about £25 a month. Give them a ring and mention the promotion.

danthefan

So yeah started this today. Don't think I've owned a driving game since the first Gran Turismo.

Holy shit I am bad at this game. Got to the first Ferrari challenge thing in the starter tour and haven't managed to beat last place yet. Need a lot of practice.

The game looks incredible though and I got the season pass so it seems like there's a huge amount of content which is great.

knavish

Screenshot_2015_06_08_07_10_02.png

Well the battle for 2nd has really kicked off with Vaga taking the fight to TRP on the point to points and AnythingBut & Sirenty making big improvements to a lot of times too. Incredibly tight with 2nd to 7th covered by 6 seconds!

beat a few more of my times but I guess so has everyone else. Looking forward to seeing the table now.

also fuck the rimac, that boat is awful!

thats my excuse for my poor time anyway :)

beat a few more of my times but I guess so has everyone else. Looking forward to seeing the table now.

also fuck the rimac, that boat is awful!

thats my excuse for my poor time anyway :)

Apparently the Rimac is mangos fault

He should be banned from choosing challenges

Maybe even banned from GAF imo

Shaneus

So glad there's another two days left on that challenge... girlfriend isn't staying over tomorrow night so I'll have one final shot at most of the races. Probably only get to do one or two runs in each (as opposed to refining them) but it should put me in an okay spot, I hope.

LOL No one who didn't submit a challenge can criticise those who took the time and effort to do one - the truth is only Mango submitted challenges out of any of ya, and I did the rest! I think the reason the rally is more popular than previous ones is probably due to the Kyle and Rimac challenges, with the killer corner and the boat :)

It's going to be lunchtime before I get the updated table online as I usually do it at 6am when my little lad wakes me up but he decided to have a lie in today so I didn't get time before work.

Vaga

LOL No one who didn't submit a challenge can criticise those who took the time and effort to do one - the truth is only Mango submitted challenges out of any of ya, and I did the rest! I think the reason the rally is more popular than previous ones is probably due to the Kyle and Rimac challenges, with the killer corner and the boat :)

It's going to be lunchtime before I get the updated table online as I usually do it at 6am when my little lad wakes me up but he decided to have a lie in today so I didn't get time before work.

I'll help with choosing the next set as in track/car/weather/time of day combo.

Ive got my internet back, hoping to improve my times before it's all over!

Trollolololol!

Anyway it will likely be The Kyle challenges that do me over :p Lest we forget it wasn't my idea to run it in the blazing sun :p

Didn't log any times last night, I think I'll leave it until the death then snipe you all!

Screenshot_2015_06_09_12_48_12.png

Incredibly tight between all the guys 3rd to 7th, and DJW put in some stunning times, over a second quicker than TRP on a couple of tracks.

Trollolololol!

Anyway it will likely be The Kyle challenges that do me over :p Lest we forget it wasn't my idea to run it in the blazing sun :p

Didn't log any times last night, I think I'll leave it until the death then snipe you all!

LOL OK I'll take the credit for making the Kyle challenge more interesting :) I've been struggling to get any time on the game, hopefully I will get on tonight before the finish but I doubt I'll be able to catch anyone!

Ive got my internet back, hoping to improve my times before it's all over!

Jesus thats quick, and with a ping of 8 too!

I'll help with choosing the next set as in track/car/weather/time of day combo.

Nice one, cheers bud :) Think I'm gonna have a week or two off before the next one, updating all the scores gets to be a mammoth task by the end of the week.

Auctopus

Decided I'd at least finish each challenge despite having no real practice with Scotland...

That Rimac thing is the least fun thing ever. Rimac should've been on The Kyle.

knavish

Screenshot_2015_06_09_12_48_12.png

Incredibly tight between all the guys 3rd to 7th, and DJW put in some stunning times, over a second quicker than TRP on a couple of tracks.

LOL OK I'll take the credit for making the Kyle challenge more interesting :) I've been struggling to get any time on the game, hopefully I will get on tonight before the finish but I doubt I'll be able to catch anyone!

Jesus thats quick, and with a ping of 8 too!

Nice one, cheers bud :) Think I'm gonna have a week or two off before the next one, updating all the scores gets to be a mammoth task by the end of the week.

Just knocked 1s of my Rimac time, boy that was tough..I know I made a few mistakes too but done with that car now

Vanguard

Trying to get the last star on Atomic Theory and just finding it so damn difficult. Found the venom hot laps miles easier than this, in fact I found all events easier than this.

Edit: And just like that I beat it, switched to manual and kept the gear to 3 minimum, got 1:07:475 or something. Could have been faster as I messed up the last few gears on the final straight as it didn't register when I pressed it for whatever reason, but I have no desire to improve upon that.

knavish

Just knocked 1s of my Rimac time, boy that was tough..I know I made a few mistakes too but done with that car now

just clocked 3rd in a 1:49:165 in the Lyken on the Kyle Reversed. Should push me up the rankings a bit :)

Still nearly a 2s gap to DJ though

Top Bottom