• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

UV-6

button's just texted me, he will beat the diablo time and hopefully a new ghost should show up later

Awesome, tell him I said thanks. Hopefully that will fix the ghost issue.
It is also a really close battle that challenge, so many on 1:25.x. Just managed to get out of that time.

I found that letting it roll through the right angle corners helped.
Yeah, well I can't even get below 1:27 :p

Thanks for the tip.

We need DJW to have a crack at it, or even TRP to beat it himself as his other ghosts appear...

Where is DJW anyway? Feel like he's the only one who can challenge TRP at this point.

Denur

Screenshot_2015_06_06_00_14_51.png

TRP enters fully and grabs the top spot, then it's a really tight scrap from 2nd down to 12th. Still lots of people finding big chunks of time and it feels like if your not improving then your going backwards.
LTTP. Saw a few Shannow challenges and decided to join. Been a while since I spend an entire afternoon on DC. Feels good (again).

knavish

LTTP. Saw a few Shannow challenges and decided to join. Been a while since I spend an entire afternoon on DC. Feels good (again).

just did a whole afternoon doing challenges and moved quite a few places up the leaderboards. managed to get 2nd on the course with the Alpine! very happy with that. Happy with top 5 or 6 on the other challenges.

Button said he will try and get on at some point to add a ghost for the diablo track but he is playing the witcher at the moment. He said if you want to get faster, set your own ghost and try and beat it lap after lap.

knavish

Awesome, tell him I said thanks. Hopefully that will fix the ghost issue.

Yeah, well I can't even get below 1:27 :p

Thanks for the tip.

Where is DJW anyway? Feel like he's the only one who can challenge TRP at this point.

yeah I havent seen DJW on for a while, he is in Button's team though....same team as Kie25! those guys are proper quick

graffix13

Any tips on drifting? I am terrible on turns and drifting would probably help.

Brake (L2) while pulling E Brake (O)? Don't break at all? Hold or tap O?

Any tips on drifting? I am terrible on turns and drifting would probably help.

Brake (L2) while pulling E Brake (O)? Don't break at all? Hold or tap O?

I don't really use R2 at all when drifting, unless coming from a long straight into a sharp turn. And make sure you downshift mid-slide to keep your momentum going a little more if needed.

DrKelpo

Banned
what the fuck kinda machine is TRP?

did you see, that there are almost 2 seconds on reverse Kyle between 1st and 2nd place? :D

knavish

buttons not even bothered about time trials, most of his times are done in 1 or 2 laps max. He loves racing though and wants to be the fastest racer rather than time trailer

I love DriveClub, I really do. But holy shitballs, it should be called "RainClub". Just done 9 races at random from the last five DLC tours and all of them had rain. Every single one.

Add to that the over-reliance on forcing use of the DLC cars, I'm beginning to sour on the season pass.

i don't want to be forced to drive the shitty Lykan, or boring Citreon, etc. Evo, please; stop taking choice away from me.

And for the love of all that is holy, dial down on the rain. I enjoy DC most on a dry track. Weather, that being rain and snow, should be an event, not an expectation.

desu

I think it's about time for a summer themed tour event in one of the next DLCs, nothing but sun, no rain allowed :D.

Ebolarama

Banned
So it appears as if Forza 6 is going to have rain/weather and night races, for those who care. I guess we'll get tons of hate about that too, unless they implement it better than Drive Club.

On a different note, what is the trick to getting ahead of the goddamn Renault in the French Connection? I cannot figure it out. Last stars needed aside from the dammed Atom trial.

farmerboy

Still got the ps4, suppose I better give this trial/rally a shot this arvo. Yeah, that means I downloaded all 10gig of patches, couldn't get it to download just the last update. But a whole weekend without DC challenges was to hard to bear.

Yeah that right, 10 gig of download just to finish middle of the pack. At least I hope I finish middle of the pack.

Still got the ps4, suppose I better give this trial/rally a shot this arvo. Yeah, that means I downloaded all 10gig of patches, couldn't get it to download just the last update. But a whole weekend without DC challenges was to hard to bear.

Yeah that right, 10 gig of download just to finish middle of the pack. At least I hope I finish middle of the pack.

Middle? Lol keep dreaming fellow bottom dweller

Screenshot_2015_06_07_09_45_13.png

Wow, yesterday morning I'd improved to be in the top 6 on 6 of the challenges, this morning I have 9th & 11th places! Very close and active this time around which is great to see :)

The big mover is knavish, climbing 10 places to 3rd. SaberWolf keeps whittling away at his times and closing the gap to TRP.

DrKelpo

Banned
damn...lost 2 places, which was expected... getting harder and harder, but there are still parts on every track where i'm sure i can improve.

well... as long as i stay in the top10 and in front of bananafactory, i'm happy.^^

farmerboy

Literally just done 4 of the challenges. Rubbish. Utter garbage.

Around here we'd call that effort toilet. Fucking toilet.

3 days with pCARS and I've lost whatever touch I had. They really are completely different games. I need a rev up

http://youtu.be/nuHfVn_cfHU

knavish

Wow, yesterday morning I'd improved to be in the top 6 on 6 of the challenges, this morning I have 9th & 11th places! Very close and active this time around which is great to see :)

The big mover is knavish, climbing 10 places to 3rd. SaberWolf keeps whittling away at his times and closing the gap to TRP.

delighted with my 3rd place! dont think I can go any faster lol

Reminds me of when I set the third best time on the glacier Evo challenge and now I'm 12th :'( Only 0.2 seconds off Mr Button though :p

Sirenty pushing me hard, closing that gap to me slowly each time, even with me taking huge chunk out of my Atom time!

Reminds me of when I set the third best time on the glacier Evo challenge and now I'm 12th :'( Only 0.2 seconds off Mr Button though :p

Sirenty pushing me hard, closing that gap to me slowly each time, even with me taking huge chunk out of my Atom time!

Yeah lots of peeps are finding time, whether it's a tenth or two to whole seconds - the problem is everyone is doing it! When I'd just put my new times in I was up to sixth but once I'd updated everyone else back down to 8th. I know AnythingBut and Vaga have quicker times in them too so I think you've got a fight on your hands ;-)

knavish

Yeah lots of peeps are finding time, whether it's a tenth or two to whole seconds - the problem is everyone is doing it! When I'd just put my new times in I was up to sixth but once I'd updated everyone else back down to 8th. I know AnythingBut and Vaga have quicker times in them too so I think you've got a fight on your hands ;-)

i'm beating a few of my sector times but keep messing up in other sectors. I guess I am at my limit.

Loving these challenges, really pushing my skills. Only been playing in manual gears for a few days so its really helped me learn from driving the last 6 months in Auto

You called?

Can I just say, fuck that electric boat!

LOL yeah you lose 4 seconds to Mango with the Rimac, that'd put you in 4th rather than 7th!

i'm beating a few of my sector times but keep messing up in other sectors. I guess I am at my limit.

Loving these challenges, really pushing my skills. Only been playing in manual gears for a few days so its really helped me learn from driving the last 6 months in Auto

Yeah the pressure when you're near the end on a good lap / run is so tough - the number of times I screw up a good run on the last bend :-(

So how are you liking manual gears? Think it's making a difference?

knavish

LOL yeah you lose 4 seconds to Mango with the Rimac, that'd put you in 4th rather than 7th!

Yeah the pressure when you're near the end on a good lap / run is so tough - the number of times I screw up a good run on the last bend :-(

Yeah man defo faster, got so much more control, helps keeping the sliding to a minimum in the faster cars. I don't think I would have posted the times I have in auto.

Just took 1.509 off my time.

Only 1 second behind Mr Button. I was super close to him right until the last parts where I was bricking it because I was so close. Lost 4 tenths in opening sector, gained them back in the middle sector then shit my pants in the last!

Had a good session just now,mucho time clawed back. :p

Had a good session just now,mucho time clawed back. :p

I've just looked on the PS App and can see you and SaberWolf working on your Rimac times, Sirenty and DrKelpo working on their Alpine times and Knavish on the Sesto Elemento :) Mango is on too but prolly checking out the high scores hehe

gl0w

Online racing is completely broken today.

I'm really not seeing any improvement in the online infrastructure. Sorry to say

Online racing is completely broken today.

I'm really not seeing any improvement in the online infrastructure. Sorry to say

I think the latest server changes were only to challenge servers, maybe they have plans to do something similar for the online event servers too

I think the latest server changes were only to challenge servers, maybe they have plans to do something similar for the online event servers too
They did do a bit of a medium update to general MP a while back I do believe, around the time of the Mercedes 2x XP I think it was.

I had a quick race earlier and it was all OK. Also getting notifications and stuff nicely.

I've just looked on the PS App and can see you and SaberWolf working on your Rimac times, Sirenty and DrKelpo working on their Alpine times and Knavish on the Sesto Elemento :) Mango is on too but prolly checking out the high scores hehe
I'm struggling for time now. I feel like there's only time left for me in the Alpine and reverse Kyle but they're frustrating tracks, too many resets.

I'm struggling for time now. I feel like there's only time left for me in the Alpine and reverse Kyle but they're frustrating tracks, too many resets.

It always seems in these events I spend all my time on the events I like least as that's where there's the most time to make up - I've not done the atom challenge since the start but done the Kyle's and that bloody Rimac loads :-(

Top Bottom