• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

@DRIVECLUB
We're making stunning art with @FuturLab for the next #DRIVECLUB Tour Pack! Here's a little preview for you :) pic.twitter.com/zRuLBCy2Z3

CHKUq55WQAI1-2w.jpg

Sounds to me like Evo/Futurlab are gonna design their own cars.

nib95

Banned
CHKUq55WQAI1-2w.jpg

Sounds to me like Evo/Futurlab are gonna design their own cars.

Awesome. Reminds me of Tron.

On a side note, F'ing YES! Lol. I feel like Rushy has actually sifted through my requested cars list, because time and time again, the game is offering quirky vehicles that I've asked for. Peugeot EX1. Not sure how it'll handle, but it certainly looks amazing.

peugeot_ex1_10_11.jpg

Peugeot-EX1-2012.jpg

So as some might know, I missed this game, I did not pick it up until last week.

After a week of toying around these are my impressions.

1) Hands down the most beautiful racing game I have ever seen.

2) I love how sometimes something cool happens at the end of a race signifying its over (like fireworks)

3) This game looks better with RGB set to full, even on my TV that crushes blacks, I had to turn the brightness up. I really don't understand how people say don't do this. The difference is amazing.

4) After 8 days I still don't know how to take a turn properly with this game. Its the single most I have struggled since maybe Toca, or Shift, I don't remember. Its so different from GT or Forza handling wise.

So as some might know, I missed this game, I did not pick it up until last week.

After a week of toying around these are my impressions.

1) Hands down the most beautiful racing game I have ever seen.

2) I love how sometimes something cool happens at the end of a race signifying its over (like fireworks)

3) This game looks better with RGB set to full, even on my TV that crushes blacks, I had to turn the brightness up. I really don't understand how people say don't do this. The difference is amazing.

4) After 8 days I still don't know how to take a turn properly with this game. Its the single most I have struggled since maybe Toca, or Shift, I don't remember. Its so different from GT or Forza handling wise.

What class of cars have you been practising with? I recommend starting on the lower end before moving up

And also, make sure your speed is low when you enter a corner. most people I've seen struggle are going too fast and just crashing. Can you be more specific with what's happening during your corners? Are you spinning out? Crashing?

If you want to shareplay sometime I don't mind watching your races and giving you pointers (even though I'm not great either)

Add me on PSN - zeroskater18

How would you normally approach corners? How do you normally have the settings set on GT and Forza?

As best I try to hit a corner from top to bottom, or outside to inside on a turn, I have a habit of trying to hug the corner and my car slides across the turn and hits a wall. If I slow down in MP races, and try to take the corners at a speed that is not to fast where I can let go of the accelerator make the turn and hit the gas on the exit, The cars just pull so far ahead of me, I come in last.

Coming from Forza I found that I had to brake and turn in much later than I usually would. And a lot of the time you'll get what you need from easing off the throttle without needing to brake.

That helped me improve my times anyway, but I'm far removed from the higher tiers of drivers we've got in this place.

Auctopus

As best I try to hit a corner from top to bottom, or outside to inside on a turn, I have a habit of trying to hug the corner and my car slides across the turn and hits a wall. If I slow down in MP races, and try to take the corners at a speed that is not to fast where I can let go of the accelerator make the turn and hit the gas on the exit, The cars just pull so far ahead of me, I come in last.

Don't play online until you feel like you're confidnent in your abilities, otherwise it'll just be disheartening.

Are you playing through the tour? The game will slowly introduce you to faster and faster cars so you can adapt to their speed. If you've played racing games before then this is definitely not the hardest one around but you might still need time to get a feel of the cars.

I'd echo banana's advice that you should practice in something slower until you've got the hang of things. Pick a track you like (whether it's the environment or the courE) and just hit it on time trials and keep face-offs on. Then take your time getting a feel for the handling and the track, face offs should keep bringing up cornering challenges, these challenges will teach you the correct way to tackle the specified corner.

Overall, I'd just advise you to stick with it and race your own race. The game becomes 10x more fun when you've learned a track or two.

Pick a track you like (whether it's the environment or the courE) and just hit it on time trials and keep face-offs on. Then take your time getting a feel for the handling and the track, face offs should keep bringing up cornering challenges, these challenges will teach you the correct way to tackle the specified corner.
Those face-offs can be very instructive, and they're a perfect way to break a track into component parts to tackle individually, whether that's tackling a particularly technical mix of turns at speed, or trying to stick to the driving line in cornering challenges or flexing your drifting muscles in the long bends. And if you quit out and restart the same track you may end up with completely different face-offs.

They're a great tool, and even better targets when you've got friends who hold the current records.

Shaneus

Face off's it is...........

Thx.
Yup, they're really a great tool for learning because they push you to either be faster in certain sectors or follow certain lines (which aren't always the best, but a good starting point). And FYI, if you restart any sesson (if you're TT/hot lapping) the face offs should change. So while on one corner it might be a cornering one, if you restart it might be an average speed one, or none at all. It's a great way of challenging yourself in different ways.

But I usually ignore the drift ones though.

Shaneus

I don't find myself doing the actual drifting events, but I'll almost always give the drift challenges a try for kicks.
That actually wouldn't be a bad option to have (if Rushy is up for the idea), to maybe disable certain kinda of face-offs. I'd happily disable drift ones.

krioto

That actually wouldn't be a bad option to have (if Rushy is up for the idea), to maybe disable certain kinda of face-offs. I'd happily disable drift ones.

But there is nothing better than beating a drift challenge during a race!

I'm also actually beginning to like the Vuhl

Except when you lose time and the lead when doing it ;)

Yeah there is no point in the race when a drift faceoff is beneficial to your position, it just means you scrub a hell of a lot of speed off and others can catch up.

Anouncement at work today.

Ford to return to LeMans with the FordGT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVa4mlFZEmM

The sound of that car! Please tell me you can get hold of it at some point Rushy and that Turn10 aren't a total exclusive on the Ford performance models

farmerboy

Need some advice everyone. Got a t300 wheel on order thats been delayed, so am looking at the fanatecs as they're locally available.

Any advice on overall quality? Any particular fanatec model I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance whoever replies!

Need some advice everyone. Got a t300 wheel on order thats been delayed, so am looking at the fanatecs as they're locally available.

Any advice on overall quality? Any particular fanatec model I should be looking at?

Have you considered waiting for the Logitech G29?

Makikou

The only decent Fanatec wheel i'd get would be the CSW Base but thats 1000€ off the bat. CSR Elite pedals are fantastic though!

Just wait for the T300RS. G29 is just a refurbished G27 with some fancy leds and dials bolted on. The FFB is not belt-driven and in general old technology compared to T300RS.

xrnzaaas

So they'll be a pack with Japanese cars only? Cool cool cool. I bet it's Nissan, but I would personally prefer Honda instead (NSX, S2000, new NSX, maybe a Civic or Accord Type-R...).

So I just tried out the Starline Tour. Damn, this is so cool. It's a shame DC didn't launch with this tour instead. At least new DC players can experience it as their first tour.

Auctopus

kAKBEJC.png

Part of me thinks FutueLab's involvement may be more mundane than we previously thought. I think they're just doing the artwork for the tour pack.

desu

Part of me thinks FutueLab's involvement may be more mundane than we previously thought. I think they're just doing the artwork for the tour pack.

Uhm people just read it wrong, they clearly stated it's just art:

We're making some really cool art with the FuturLab team for the next ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬ Tour Pack!

Every race in the pack has unique art like this based on the style from the awesome Velocity games.

farmerboy

Have you considered waiting for the Logitech G29?

The only decent Fanatec wheel i'd get would be the CSW Base but thats 1000€ off the bat. CSR Elite pedals are fantastic though!

Just wait for the T300RS. G29 is just a refurbished G27 with some fancy leds and dials bolted on. The FFB is not belt-driven and in general old technology compared to T300RS.

Looking for a wheel right now, so I think that puts the G29 out of the question. Does look cool though. Like the new avatar :)

Maki, you've resurfaced! Thanks for the info, but I think 1000 euro is outta my league. Looks like I'm waiting for the t300.

Makikou

Looking for a wheel right now, so I think that puts the G29 out of the question. Does look cool though. Like the new avatar :)

Maki, you've resurfaced! Thanks for the info, but I think 1000 euro is outta my league. Looks like I'm waiting for the t300.

Avatar is a snippet from Initial D, i got my own T300RS last week and it's bloody awesome! Finally got to retire my DFGT..

Makikou

Needs MR-2, NSX, Supra, Skyline R34, Lancer Evo, Impreza WRX ;P

In all seriousness, finally.. but is it too little too late? I mean for all we know this is currently the last dlc for the game.

Top Bottom