• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

Needs MR-2, NSX, Supra, Skyline R34, Lancer Evo, Impreza WRX ;P

In all seriousness, finally.. but is it too little too late? I mean for all we know this is currently the last dlc for the game.

Game is supposedly becoming a "service" which suggests that whatever comes at the end of this season pass will just attach on to Driveclub. So, no.

xrnzaaas

I'm really curious what will happen to Driveclub in the near future, because the game is big as it is. Soon there will be almost 1000 stars to obtain and the game will have about 100 cars.

farmerboy

LP1Ilyol.jpg

OE Godzilla.

Respect.

Shaneus

:D

I do what I can.

So, are we expecting any DC announcements during the Sony E3 preso? Rushy hasn't tweeted much, other than a few RTs for Godzilla, the most recent being 7 hours ago. Calling it: We'll (hopefully) see Rushy on stage in some capacity. Fingers crossed!

But what else could they add that would be a megaton? Can't do weather, can't do night races... maybe Porsche? Guaranteed period of season packs (multiple years)?

iOS/Android app?

Edit: Shit, I briefly just switched to this and they showed a buggy. Not Motorstorm, because they're talking to a Ubi guy :/

Auctopus

I do what I can.

So, are we expecting any DC announcements during the Sony E3 preso? Rushy hasn't tweeted much, other than a few RTs for Godzilla, the most recent being 7 hours ago. Calling it: We'll (hopefully) see Rushy on stage in some capacity. Fingers crossed!

But what else could they add that would be a megaton? Can't do weather, can't do night races... maybe Porsche? Guaranteed period of season packs (multiple years)?

iOS/Android app?

Edit: Shit, I briefly just switched to this and they showed a buggy. Not Motorstorm, because they're talking to a Ubi guy :/

Don't care for the app but I'm hoping we get at least a look at the future of the franchise.

I do what I can.

iOS/Android app?

Track creator.

sneaky77

I'm really curious what will happen to Driveclub in the near future, because the game is big as it is. Soon there will be almost 1000 stars to obtain and the game will have about 100 cars.

I hope for a season pass 2 or a DC expansion that adds a few more countries or areas for $40 and maybe a second season with constant content every month to go with it.

xrnzaaas

I hope for a season pass 2 or a DC expansion that adds a few more countries or areas for $40 and maybe a second season with constant content every month to go with it.

Question is how many people would actually buy an expansion or a second season pass so that it would generate enough money to sustain the project for another year or so. For instance, about 20 people from my friendlist own the game and only three of them besides me have bought a "season 1" pass. The rest seems to be fine with the core content (they're not all casual players, a few of them have earned all or most stars).

AndyD

aka andydumi
Question is how many people would actually buy an expansion or a second season pass so that it would generate enough money to sustain the project for another year or so. For instance, about 20 people from my friendlist own the game and only three of them besides me have bought a "season 1" pass. The rest seems to be fine with the core content (they're not all casual players, a few of them have earned all or most stars).

Sometimes people want a known quantity when buying and are leery of pre-buying. So once it's done some will buy.

Ebolarama

Banned
I thought we'd get an all japonese pack... :(

I don't particularly care about the Japanese thing especially because there's only 2 other Nissan models I'd want to see. But damn it I hate the challenger. I also hate the charger. I wish they'd both be Hellcat variants if they have to be included.

It's really hard to judge the numbers that have DC, and continue to play it and have bought the season pass despite its excellent value. According to trophy info only 45% of the players actually completed the rookie level of the original tour, whilst the lowest trophy on the Torque tour has a mere 0.6% of people earning a single star! I do know some guys who only bought the pass for the new cars but these numbers don't seem good.

sneaky77

It's really hard to judge the numbers that have DC, and continue to play it and have bought the season pass despite its excellent value. According to trophy info only 45% of the players actually completed the rookie level of the original tour, whilst the lowest trophy on the Torque tour has a mere 0.6% of people earning a single star! I do know some guys who only bought the pass for the new cars but these numbers don't seem good.

It could be some guys do multiplayer only, but at the end of the day people that stick this long with a game are very few. You would imagine a small bump if the ps+ version ever releases, but unless the whole DC as a service was hogwash, which is possible, the only way forward would be another season pass, hopefully with more locales, or I guess a digital only DC2 that can merge into DC1 if you have it or be stand alone

Shaneus

I was surprised when I completed a race (not even 3-stars) early on in the Evolution tour and only four other friends had times there. And that was with a stack of friends from GAF.

BUT, one thing I have noticed during MP games is that a number have VERY low trophy counts. They might say they're out of 500 or whatever, but might only have 100 or so accrued (enough to get access to all the cars). So I don't think it's worth stressing over too much.

Jorav

No hellcat challenger, no care. Gimme more average cars.

I wish it had Porsches. Or just gimme a ruf yellowbird

Things of interest....

RPM Tour Pack to include

Nissan MY15 GT-R, Nissan 370Z Nismo, McLaren 570S, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2015, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392

Level up to 60

G29 Wheel Support

Adds new Accolades for all Cars and locations

Tommi84

After Facebook
Game Update 1.18 is now available to download! This update brings new Accolades, more Driver Levels and a fix for the Hoon-a-Tic Trophy, along with many, many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.

This game update also paves the way for the free Peugeot EX1 Concept car download and new PlayStation®Store updates coming on June 30.

Read on for full details of Update 1.18:

Download & installation:

» The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game.
» The update size is 0.42GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.57GB.

Full details of Game Update 1.18:

» Adds new Driver Levels: You can now reach Level 60 and every new level has a reward!
» Adds new Accolades: All Cars and locations have a full set of Accolades.
» Adds support for the new Logitech G29 Driving wheel.
» Hoon-a-Tic fix: We've fixed the Drift stat issue some of you have seen that affects the Hoon-a-tic Trophy - please complete one more event to unlock your Trophy!
» Challenge improvements: Adds a convenient preview of your current score and standing in every Challenge (so that you don't have to go into every Leaderboard to see if you played and what your current position is).
» Challenge improvements: Increases the Fame reward for all places in a Challenge.
» Car improvements: We've fixed an audio bug affecting the quality of the Lamborghini Murcielago engine sound.
» Car improvements: We've fixed a visual bug with the Koenigsegg One:1 gear change animation.
» Adds a new loading image to show off one of our favourite ‪#‎PS4share‬ pictures.
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.18 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on June 30 worldwide:

» Adds support for the Peugeot EX1 Concept (download from PlayStation®Store).
» Adds support for the RPM Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the RPM Car Pack and RPM Tour Pack.
» The RPM Car Pack includes: Nissan GT-R, Nissan 370Z Nismo, McLaren 570S, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2015 and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392.
» The RPM includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the RPM Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for the Velocity Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
» The Velocity Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the Velocity Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.18):

» More server upgrades and optimsations: We continue to improve server performance for all players as we prepare to launch the PS Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB and then subsequently launch the DRIVECLUB companion app.
» Private lobbies: Development of Private Lobbies for Multiplayer is ongoing alongside the server upgrades, integration and optimisation. This feature will follow on from the launch of the PlayStation Plus Edition of DRIVECLUB.
» Club Challenge improvements: After the recent Challenge server upgrades we are working on bigger rewards for Club Challenges along with improved Leaderboard presentation.
» Elite Driver levels: More will be added each month with new rewards for every level.
» More Cars & Tours: There's still more packs coming for the Season Pass and we're excited to show you more of what's coming in June & July!
» More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help the game continue to evolve around you.

This one is the best:
» Adds new Accolades: All Cars and locations have a full set of Accolades. I was missing that since they started releasing new cars.

xrnzaaas

570S is actually a brand new model, "baby" McLaren. Something like Huracan in Lamborghini's lineup or Cayman in Porsche's. :)

And to answer your question - we have 650S which is kinda like facelifted 12C.

Ebolarama

Banned
Another Corvette and McLaren? Oh well.

I'm happy with the McClaren, it's quite beautiful. I honestly couldn't name you any difference between the 2014 stingray and the 2015 Z06. This was a disappointing choice.

Yeah, I want new cars and not almost similar ones. The same as with 570S. Don't we have 560S already?

570S is actually a brand new model, "baby" McLaren. Something like Huracan in Lamborghini's lineup or Cayman in Porsche's. :)

And to answer your question - we have 650S which is kinda like facelifted 12C.

The 570S looks great. The 650 looked like someone cut the P1's front half off and glued it to the rear end of the 12C.
Honestly the only disappointing thing with the pack to me was the American cars.

I really hope there is more content after the season pass has completed. All I really want is more tracks
That's where the track creator comes in, unlimited tracks. Created by driving around just like you could in ModNation Racers.

Sell us the decorations as creators to put down, just like ModNation did too. Job done.

AndyD

aka andydumi
That's where the track creator comes in, unlimited tracks. Created by driving around just like you could in ModNation Racers.

Sell us the decorations as creators to put down, just like ModNation did too. Job done.

Yep. And with a robust share/rate system for the tracks the cream would rise to the top very very quickly.

xrnzaaas

The problem with track creators is that in 99% of the cases you won't be able to make an uberdetailed track that doesn't look like it's been made by glueing some pieces together. One of the things I love about DC is that the tracks and the area around them are very detailed, complex and they look real. :)

gl0w

so the Private Lobbys are being left behind update after update... cant believe it will be released after PS+ edition.

kie25

I'm looking forward to next months update as hopefully the camera shake is going to get added as a option to take it off or leave it on, I've already tested it without the camera shake and it really makes the game feel much smoother, this is a massive thing for myself as after playing project cars and going bk to Driveclub it was so clear, but July update hopefully will solve this, so good that evo listen I messaged them telling them about the shaking within few weeks message me back asking me to come down test a solution they have came up with, Evo studios are most dedicated team I've came across. I also gave some other feedback that they really listened to. No other studio comes close to evo in my view.

AMG

Neo Member
Alright after seeing that awesome trailer, I now want the option for Go-Pro like cameras attached to your car so you can define the quality of the replay!! I like all the new cars! I wondered when we would get the new Z06! If you drive the corvettes in the game back to back on the same track you learn to appreciate each ones different nuances. My most fun to drive of that brand is the old Z06. It oversteers in a very satisfying way. Like they say, the fastest car is not necessarily the most fun, it can be more fun to drive a slower car fast.

I wish they would give us more Hot Hatches. There's only one worth bothering with when playing online, the GTI Golf. If you don't pick it you have no hope of winning. It badly needs competition.

I wish they would give us more Hot Hatches. There's only one worth bothering with when playing online, the GTI Golf. If you don't pick it you have no hope of winning. It badly needs competition.
Not saying I don't want more hatches, but there will always be a go-to car in each class.

And honestly the Golf isn't that indestructible, the Mini and A1 can cope with it on most tracks.

The Clio is so-so, and you'd have to be good to beat a lobby full of Golfs, and yeah the Beetle is pointless.

I'm not sure though what current production hot hatches would topple or compete with the Golf. Golf R? :p

Not saying I don't want more hatches, but there will always be a go-to car in each class.

For sure, but not to this extent I don't think. It doesn't help that there only like 6 of them in total whereas the other classes have dozens of cars. I've never seen a hot hatch that wasn't a Golf win an online race. They usually leave everyone else for dust after the first 30 seconds unless you play dirty.

For sure, but not to this extent I don't think. It doesn't help that there only like 6 of them in total whereas the other classes have dozens of cars. I've never seen a hot hatch that wasn't a Golf win an online race. They usually leave everyone else for dust after the first 30 seconds unless you play dirty.

I always use the mini and often win :) Hatch races tend to be a destruction derby online tho and are my least favourite races so can't say I miss not having more cars in there. I'm pretty sure the mini was nerfed slightly in an early patch which gave the golf more of an advantage.

I wish the game would punish quitters more, lots of endurance races on the server rotation at the moment and the number of people who actually stay till the end is pitiful - I've had to deliberately drive poorly at times just to keep peeps on the server.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just picked this up in the E3 sale. You guys were right--this game is fantastic.

Top Bottom