• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

Off work sick at the moment so thought I would start clearing up some of the tours.

Venom Hot Lap 2 down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIwUzqFHGRE
"Clearing up"? I don't progress in a tour unless I've 3-starred everything. That's why I'm still on Evolution. I think it would niggle at me if I didn't have 100% of stars in a tour.

Fake edit: G29 support? Someone plugin their G27 and see if it works! I'll try when I get home tonight if others can't.

krioto

"Clearing up"? I don't progress in a tour unless I've 3-starred everything. That's why I'm still on Evolution. I think it would niggle at me if I didn't have 100% of stars in a tour.

Me too - I cannot leave an event with less than 3 stars.

I'm a little disappointed that the current progress to the new accolades was not picked up - i.e. i have nearly 4000 km driven in Japan, but my accolade is set at level 1. Plus it means I have to drive the Icona Vulcan again...

Shaneus

I'm a little disappointed that the current progress to the new accolades was not picked up - i.e. i have nearly 4000 km driven in Japan, but my accolade is set at level 1. Plus it means I have to drive the Icona Vulcan again...
Shit, really? That blows. Maybe it needs to sync with the server a few times or something to pick up all the stats?

Yeah, i got 3000 km in Japan myself and the accolade is still at level 1, too bad.

bounchfx

grabbed this on sale, it downloaded the 17gb really quick, and I was stoked to play. I click play and now it needs 10 more gigs that have already taken over 2 hours. Guess I'm not playing tonight :(

anyone know what the 10gb update is before you can play? I don't have the season pass
real excited to play once its installed

Nyx

grabbed this on sale, it downloaded the 17gb really quick, and I was stoked to play. I click play and now it needs 10 more gigs that have already taken over 2 hours. Guess I'm not playing tonight :(

anyone know what the 10gb update is before you can play? I don't have the season pass

There have been quite some new tracks and free cars since the release so yeah.

As mentioned it's a culmination of all the tracks/cars and also things like photo mode and weather were added after release, it's a VERY different game to what was put out originally.

xrnzaaas

Sadly it's how the games are these days. Day1 patches are huge and a lot of them are constantly improved and expanded so that they'll last months instead of days or weeks. I liked Driveclub since the day I bought it (about a month or two after its premiere), but yeah, they added and improved plenty of things, even for those without the Season Pass.

woo level 60 lol
I read about the update adding 10 more levels and new level rewards and accolades and I was so jazzed I jumped right in, and whammo, ding 51, ding 52, ding 53, etc etc until level 60.

Makes me wonder how many virtual levels I am above 60 now. Some day I'll find out.

And random kudos to Evo for changing the one load screen image I wanted changed the most. I'm one happy camper and have a bunch of accolades that will help me decide what to time trial for kicks :)

But... no e3 announcements?

Korezo

Does anyone own a physical and digital copy of the game and can tell me if the game installs twice to the system and am I going to have to dl all updates and dlc again.

Shaneus

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/videos/836617033089325/

The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SUPERCHARGED is coming!

Thinking this is one of their best short trailers.
God, I wish we could somehow get cameras like that in replays. In the very least, some kind of shaky-cam.

That does look like it'll be fun to drive. But even though obviously it's different from other Corvettes in the game, it sucks a little we're getting different iterations of similar models. Where's my Lancia Delta?

sneaky77

the torque atom quick lap took me so many laps to get all 3 stars I jumped all the way to the level 5 accolade.. lol.. on the other hand, I got all 3 stars woo

MADGAME

so the Private Lobbys are being left behind update after update... cant believe it will be released after PS+ edition.

So frustrating. The game centers around clubs and racing with friends, yet such a basic and critical feature is missing for over 8 months now. Enjoying the game from a single player perspective at least.

@Rushy

Is it possible to get a contrast or exposure setting for gameplay?

I'm well aware of the "Brightness" setting that Driveclub has already but the problem with that is that it (correctly) acts like a brightness setting on most TV's...ie: its actually the black level setting. As a result...the more you increase "Brightness" on Driveclub...the more black level and dynamic range you kill in the process which leads to a flat, washed out image.

Imo I still feel the game is a touch too dark and a legitimate way to brighten up the image is to have a "contrast" or "exposure" setting which would preserve the black level/dynamic range more consistently.

Did wheels get improved in latest patch? Not sure if placebo. And by wheels I mean the four things on the cars, not peripherals.

They look like they have a tint of blur now, not much but they seem to look better than they did before... I think.

Did wheels get improved in latest patch? Not sure if placebo. And by wheels I mean the four things on the cars, not peripherals.

They look like they have a tint of blur now, not much but they seem to look better than they did before... I think.

Nope...its definitely a placebo. There is only a really tiny amount on the low vehicle cam replay angle placed right next to one of your wheels but thats always been there since day 1 of replays getting implemented.

Believe me 100%...if there was any improvement...I would have made a song and dance about it lol cause up until now that you mentioned it....I was prolly the only guy in the world to highlight this issue a number of times...like this post I made in March:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156404359&postcount=12735

When you create a game so incredible looking like Driveclub...it becomes too easy to spot "small" flaws and this particular problem I have sticks out like a sore thumb on replays. What makes it a bit annoying is that we've had good, convincing motion blur on car wheels/alloys on other racing games since 2 generations ago on PS2:

Gran Turismo 3:

hyU4srlQ

I don't know why I didn't play Dam Busters until just now as it is fantastic, the amount of hours I have put into this game and that was the first time seeing that kind of weather. Just confirmed to me that the game needs fog and mist.

TheRook

I thought I should ask Gaf first.

I seen Driveclub discounted on PSN right now, Should I pick it up now or wait?

Also what does the season pass come with? I was wondering if it came with all the cars.

I thought I should ask Gaf first.

I seen Driveclub discounted on PSN right now, Should I pick it up now or wait?

Also what does the season pass come with? I was wondering if it came with all the cars.

If you are in the US that is a permanent price reduction so if you don't mind waiting a while to test out the PS+ version that hold out for a month or two and it will be at the same price. If you want to play it now go for it.

I just picked up the game with the PS+ sale. I have just put it down. It feels like somewhere along the line of making a staggeringly beautiful game they forgot to...make it fun.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too sim racer for DC's style, but it never feels predictable and for crying out loud I just want to see the track it doesn't always have to be raining. :(

I just picked up the game with the PS+ sale. I have just put it down. It feels like somewhere along the line of making a staggeringly beautiful game they forgot to...make it fun.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too sim racer for DC's style, but it never feels predictable and for crying out loud I just want to see the track it doesn't always have to be raining. :(

My advice is push the cars harder than what you would normally do by trying to hit the finest of margins then you should get to see what the handling model is all about. I approached the game from more of a sim approach at first but it wasn't until the BAC Mono where it really showed me how I could push the cars. You don't have to be anywhere near as reserved .

Also just play the main tour or single events if you don't want rain.

Bought it as well when it dropped to $25. Used one of the free DLC cars, and would floor it to 175+ mph. Dat sense of speed.

It was literally a hold onto your butts moment.

Does the game support 3D? That sense of speed + 3D would be almost too much.

WHAT ?

Just play the campaign , in order and then go toward the events with rain ..
I know rain is fantastic , but you might need to get used to the driving model before you go in race with rain.
Don't start with hyper cars right away , work your way throught the game. The game will be fun , if you take the time to handle it.

.J.

Banned
Still waiting for private lobby's. Don't care about anything else.

I'm with you. I hopped into some multiplayer matches earlier, and half of the drivers play so disrespectfully and horribly that unless you start in the top 3 cars, you get caught up in massive, inescapable wrecks in the first few curves and spend the rest of the race just barely playing catchup.

It would be nice if there were a way to detect deliberate trollers and boot them from the game, because that was a miserable experience for sure.

---------

Unrelated, I bought a Thrustmaster T80 to see how I liked the wheel with the game. Unfortunately, I didn't have anywhere comfortable to mount it, and I wound up hating and returning the thing.

The wheel itself is solidly built albeit a little too small in diameter for an adult male to use comfortably, and the pedals felt night, but without buying additional furniture or mounting equipment, it just wasn't doable for me.

Bummer too, because I had fantasies of upgrading to a T300 eventually.

Top Bottom