• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

WHAT ?

Just play the campaign , in order and then go toward the events with rain ..
I know rain is fantastic , but you might need to get used to the driving model before you go in race with rain.
Don't start with hyper cars right away , work your way throught the game. The game will be fun , if you take the time to handle it.
I started with the Startline tour which was clearly wrong. Tried the drive club one next then bought project cars instead.

AMG

Neo Member
Bought it as well when it dropped to $25. Used one of the free DLC cars, and would floor it to 175+ mph. Dat sense of speed.

It was literally a hold onto your butts moment.

Does the game support 3D? That sense of speed + 3D would be almost too much.

I tried 3D using my TV to do the conversion and it looked even more real! Felt like I could climb into the screen and drive.... but I got a big headache after my session.

-Amon-

One month has passed from the last time I played Driveclub, real life and witcher 3 being the culprits.

Drove some today, on the last tours, and boy what a beatiful game it is still!!

Auctopus

I want a new country added too

would love some downtown city tracks too

give me an airport or a dry salt lake to just reach top speed with these beautiful cars

I can't see a new Season Pass without the simultaneous announcement of new tracks too. I'm wondering where they can go for variety though...

• California
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Patagonia (They already have Chile?)

Was going to buy Forza Horizon 2 solely for the fact of the Nissan GTR and Challenger, but now I bought Driveclub because of their announcement, also I prefer the gameplay more, and graphics of course heh.

Also because of the price drop!

So when does the RPM pack come out? The 30th?

Bought it last night, played a bit in the AM Level 4. It's really fun especially with the right Spotify playlist in the background. It looks like I need a crew to unlock the club cars:

PSN: ADR1AN02
TIME ZONE: EST

Got this with the price drop...it's quite good. A little disappointed in the soundtrack since the Motorstorm games had such memorable ones, but I drive without the music on. I'd love if Evo added the ability to do custom soundtracks. Doing a long point to point with some Jamie XX going on...lord.

I'm not great at the game yet, but it's so fun to just play a couple races here and there, going digital was a good idea for this one since I can see myself playing this for a long time to come. I'm tempted to get the season pass right now but I have plenty of content to go through so I'll just wait for a price drop on it.

Also, I've just been going through the Drive Club tour. Is there anything else I should be doing? Like challenges, or joining a club or something? How do the clubs work also?

What a time to be alive...this game just got perfect

DLNA music is available now, also.

On a separate note, I'd love a coastal track. I have such fond memories of the coastal track from the original NFS on 3DO. I'd also love to see fallen logs in woodland tracks formining mini bridges to drive under. That's probably my only criticism of the tracks, not enough gantrys, bridges and the like to drive under.

Korezo

When does the season pass end? I hate the coming soon tiles, is it necessary.. I imagine for people who don't own the season pass.

le-seb

I think you're onto something. ^^
July will be the last month included in the current season pass.

I'm really hoping for some more content coming after that, and new tracks, especially.
Cars can keep coming, but I need new locations first and foremost.
Please give me some tropical setting now, Evo.

Really.
he tried startline he said and then the campaign and then went on another game..
i'm not here to discuss how driveclub is toward P.cars ..there are already threads for that on GAF.

"It's not fun" he said .ok

thanks for telling us.

I can't see a new Season Pass without the simultaneous announcement of new tracks too. I'm wondering where they can go for variety though...

• California
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Patagonia (They already have Chile?)

I'd like something with a coast like feelign
I wouldn't mind something like mapplewood , but longer ? or with a more "city" feelign.

Some of these events will be impossible for me. Like Dam Busters.

Dam busters can be annoying , especially during laps 2 to 6

2 advices ,
-don't try to do all the objectives at once... yes it'll take longer but if you can focus on 1 style of play , you might learn the track and the race better.
-This is a long race so keep your cool and don't try to gain places too fast you'll have plenty of opportunities to gain speed , if you don't attack the other car right away.. this is merely a test of patience.
-it's much doable, remember that .

Kaimu

So I saw in one of the youtube comments that they are adding the option to open the car doors in your garage or photomode? Is this true and when are they adding this option? o.o

Can we get an option to automatically skip the intro video? You can skip it right away so it's not like its masking loading, I think I've seen it enough already :p

Drewfonse

Well damn.

When this game clicks it CLICKS. I found the early part of the Tour to be a little frustrating because of the fairly challenging track design. I'm halfway through the the DLC add ons, and this is just a remarkable racing game.

The sense of speed, the weather effects(!!!), the variety in the goals for each race, the sheer amount of content in the Season Pass, everything is fantastic.

I think the most challenging thing for me has been jumping to sometimes radically different cars for each race, it can make it difficult to adjust quickly to the variations among cars.

Overall though, it's bringing back strong PGR vibes for me. Absolutely loving it.

Shaneus

Well damn.

When this game clicks it CLICKS. I found the early part of the Tour to be a little frustrating because of the fairly challenging track design. I'm halfway through the the DLC add ons, and this is just a remarkable racing game.

The sense of speed, the weather effects(!!!), the variety in the goals for each race, the sheer amount of content in the Season Pass, everything is fantastic.

I think the most challenging thing for me has been jumping to sometimes radically different cars for each race, it can make it difficult to adjust quickly to the variations among cars.

Overall though, it's bringing back strong PGR vibes for me. Absolutely loving it.
Join the club! And yes, IMO you're right about the PGR vibes. I have a feeling it's more PGR than we would've gotten if we had Lucid do an offical PGR5 for MS.

Given your enthusiasm for PGR, I'm happy for you to join my club given I have an open spot. Kings of Kudos ;)

Is there a way to tell what track I'm racing on in the tour stuff? The symbols and font are so tiny so I don't know the names of the tracks I've been racing on unless it's in the event.

Shaneus

Nope...its definitely a placebo. There is only a really tiny amount on the low vehicle cam replay angle placed right next to one of your wheels but thats always been there since day 1 of replays getting implemented.

Believe me 100%...if there was any improvement...I would have made a song and dance about it lol cause up until now that you mentioned it....I was prolly the only guy in the world to highlight this issue a number of times...like this post I made in March:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156404359&postcount=12735

When you create a game so incredible looking like Driveclub...it becomes too easy to spot "small" flaws and this particular problem I have sticks out like a sore thumb on replays. What makes it a bit annoying is that we've had good, convincing motion blur on car wheels/alloys on other racing games since 2 generations ago on PS2:

Gran Turismo 3:

hyU4srlQ
I'm sure I'd brought it up as well. It even uses the correct blurring in the initial trailers for the game... so I'm not sure what happened between then and launch. But surely it couldn't be that hard?

been playing a lot of DriveClub

I am kinda curious if I could enjoy PCars with the settings I have in DC

I asked this in the PCars thread
can I make PCars control like DriveClub?

Can I put the steering on the D-Pad? (like I have driveclub set up because my fingers hurt after a while with that stick)

I will purchase this if I can get some of these

I know it is a sim but I was hoping you can mess with the settings

I doubt PCars can beat the love I have for DC but hope you guys can help if you like both

airjoca

been playing a lot of DriveClub

I am kinda curious if I could enjoy PCars with the settings I have in DC

I asked this in the PCars thread

I doubt PCars can beat the love I have for DC but hope you guys can help if you like both

May I recommend Kontrol Freaks for the analogue sticks? It makes everything better.

Nyx

The the feel of adjusting to a new car. That India event with the Audi R8....damn that might be the most fun I've had with the game thus far

The first time you drive that R8 was when the game clicked for me.
The hot hatch events before that were fun but not THAT great yet.

I'll never get all the tour events done btw, everytime I start up DC I just go straight to the single event tab and do some races/trials with my own settings.

I'm sure I'd brought it up as well. It even uses the correct blurring in the initial trailers for the game... so I'm not sure what happened between then and launch. But surely it couldn't be that hard?

Yep.........and the correct wheel motion blur is also present in a lot of photomode pics such as this:

Driveclub-2.png

I also thought it wouldn't be that hard to implement, especially as we've had this effect 2 generations but then again.........look how many PS4 games lack proper AF.
Maybe it's more difficult to add wheel blur than we think. If it wasn't so hard....I think we would have had it in the game months ago...

Only thing I don't like about the game so far (besides it being really hard to see what track I'm racing on in your!) is that a lot of times I feel like the AI doesn't even know I'm there and will just stupidly bump into me so it can get on its racing line when I'm clearly driving next to it rather than reacting to me and trying to get around or draft off me or something.

Driveclub really needs an "attract mode." This game is the entire reason I'm paying $9.99/mo for Spotify. Once you are on the home screen, the menus just sit there forever. I would kill for an attract mode where it would just show the scenery like it does at the beginning of a race. Cycle through them, intersperse the video intro every few tracks, whatever. That would be cool.

Shaneus

Driveclub really needs an "attract mode." This game is the entire reason I'm paying $9.99/mo for Spotify. Once you are on the home screen, the menus just sit there forever. I would kill for an attract mode where it would just show the scenery like it does at the beginning of a race. Cycle through them, intersperse the video intro every few tracks, whatever. That would be cool.
I really don't get it either. There's just the one intro vid and that's it. I don't think saved replays take up that much space (relatively speaking), how hard would it be to include some in a patch that are synced (somehow) to the music? That way I could just leave it on all the time.

Or hell, just have it so after 5 mins of idle time, it randomly plays saved replays (with a few defaults thrown in as examples). Done.

Top Bottom