• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

MADGAME

I don't like the severe rubber banding.

Haha be careful, my very post in this thread several months after the game released was an AI complaint which resulted in a junior member jumping down my throat vehemently defending the AI, the game, Evo, and all things Driveclub.
I do frequently notice "miracle drafting" from the AI from impossible distances behind me.

Finally took the time to get those last few trophies. The drift points trophy finally unlocked and got to level 50.
Yeehaw, congrats!

Holy shit that Dambusters event....This game is something else
After almost 9 months, I'm still smiling at the visuals.

Auctopus

Finally got around to finishing the Torque pack and the final race in the Torque Trophy is so great, visually...

driveclub_2015062319109u1o.jpg

You'll always have rubber-banding where the other cars will slow down to let you catch up after a crash or the like, but the strength of that rubber-banding seems to depend upon the difficulty of the event, so you'll notice it more with the earlier events and less with later ones.

You'll always have rubber-banding where the other cars will slow down to let you catch up after a crash or the like, but the strength of that rubber-banding seems to depend upon the difficulty of the event, so you'll notice it more with the earlier events and less with later ones.

I just feel like whether I win or lose should be based on how I am driving, If lap the competition, or the competition laps me it should based on performance.

Watching the AI wipe out on a turn, and then not only turning it around half a lap later, but blowing passed me is ridiculous. Having all other AI cars on your ass no matter how flawless you take a lap, doesn't seem right in 2014-15. I though this was 1997 need for speed kind of AI.

I just feel like whether I win or lose should be based on how I am driving, If alp the competition, or the competition laps me it should based on performance.

Watching the AI wipe out on a turn, and then not only turning it around, 1 lap later, but blowing passed me is ridiculous. Having all other AI cars on your ass no matter how flawless you take a lap, doesn't seem right in 2014-15.
I agree with your first bit, but the second doesn't actually happen. They won't blow past you without you leaving that opening for them. The way the rubber-banding works is that they'll slow down for you if you mess up, and the difficulty determines how much they do this, but they'll never rubber-band their way right behind you or past you - they can only ever drive to the limits of their cars. You might be braking too much in the turns or allowing them to draft you, because they don't have unnatural boosts of speed you find in other games with rubber-banding.

I agree with your first bit, but the second doesn't actually happen. They won't blow past you without you leaving that opening for them. The way the rubber-banding works is that they'll slow down for you if you mess up, and the difficulty determines how much they do this, but they'll never rubber-band their way right behind you or past you - they can only ever drive to the limits of their cars. You might be braking too much in the turns or allowing them to draft you, because they don't have unnatural boosts of speed you find in other games with rubber-banding.

Are you sure?

They all seem faster, and they seem to drive beyond the capabilities of the car.

Auctopus

Are you sure?

They all seem faster, and they seem to drive beyond the capabilities of the car.

Yep, had the game since Day 1 and there's rubber-banding but it works exactly like NullPointer says. The difficulty level of the tour goes up and down though so you'll notice it in different degrees if you're racing above your level.

We've had it confirmed from the horses mouth.

They cannot drive beyond limits of the car, so basically if they can do it, you can do it too.
It should even be toned down these days I think. Didn't Evo patch in a nerf to the AI's ability to draft the player?

That was what people were seeing the most - AI drivers blowing past them on the straights.

Duallusion

Damn, I though new tour packs unlock today. :/

About the AI's speed; they are always faster then me on the starting line (automatic transmition, same cars). Are my triggers fucked or am I doing something wrong?

Are you sure?

Do keep in mind that there can be significant differences in speed and acceleration between cars in the same class. Corner entry and exit speeds can also make a huge difference on the straight that follows it.

It should even be toned down these days I think. Didn't Evo patch in a nerf to the AI's ability to draft the player?

That was what people were seeing the most - AI drivers blowing past them on the straights.
Yeah, I didn't feel it was too bad, but it was reduced.

Speed on corner exit is crucial and I think people often overlook the impact that has.

Anyone online? How are the servers doing now that Plus edition is out?
I am, syncing with lobby is a bit slower than normal, but PSN seems to be going slow so that might be to blame.

Someone sent me a message 10 minutes ago and I still can't see it and the content stuff on the home screen is screwed up.

desu

Facebook:

We're preparing to launch DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition & will have news for you soon.

The Store update today with the DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition was premature. The servers aren't ready yet, so it's been removed while we get them ready. Apologies on their behalf for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

Facebook:
We're preparing to launch DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition & will have news for you soon.

The Store update today with the DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition was premature. The servers aren't ready yet, so it's been removed while we get them ready. Apologies on their behalf for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

Sony really need to get the store staff/backend sorted out, they fuck something up almost every week in all territories.

One more thing,

the DLC is a little overwhelming at times, since I just started playing two weeks ago.

What are the must haves?

So far I think the only thing i paid for was the Lambo pack with 11 additional events. :)

farmerboy

Kinda glad the ps4 is in for repairs, hopefully server side shenanigans will be sorted before I get back online.

But then I'll have Batman AK waiting for me, hmmmm.

Cant wait for private lobbies so we can organise some racing between ourselves.

desu

It actually seems worse than most of the recent threads, I don't know what it is about this game

Driveclub threads about the PSN+ version in the main gaming forum are always the worst. I don't even deny that people have a reason to be upset about something that was promised to them, but it seems people completely lack any sense and they act as if Driveclub took their first born and killed their family, just weird ...

One more thing,

the DLC is a little overwhelming at times, since I just started playing two weeks ago.

What are the must haves?

So far I think the only thing i paid for was the Lambo pack with 11 additional events. :)

Is there any reason why you would buy individual content over just getting the season pass?

Driveclub threads about the PSN+ version in the main gaming forum are always the worst. I don't even deny that people have a reason to be upset about something that was promised to them, but it seems people completely lack any sense and they act as if Driveclub took their first born and killed their family, just weird ...

Is there any reason why you would buy individual content over just getting the season pass?

I wasn't sure how long Ill be playing this, I came in like what 8 months to late. I think I should get a season pass.

desu

I wasn't sure how long Ill be playing this, I came in like what 8 months to late. I think I should get a season pass.

Could always wait until next month when they will announce the last content of the season pass and then decide if all the content is worth the price (12 tours + all the cars and liveries).

krioto

It actually seems worse than most of the recent threads, I don't know what it is about this game

Yes, the crazies are out in force again today. I really do wonder why DC garners so much hatred/vitriol from those who have either not played it, or never will...

Shaneus

I don't think it was just the AI drafting ability but drafting in general. I'm sure it was notably harder to draft and overtake after that update. And I'm glad for it, too. Means you have to drive better.

"I'm so upset I'm not even going to update it for free when it IS available!"

Yes, the crazies are out in force again today. I really do wonder why DC garners so much hatred/vitriol from those who have either not played it, or never will...
Because GAF is a pro-Sony board and we have to keep the dissenters around to make it look like it's unbiased or something.

I don't think it was just the AI drafting ability but drafting in general. I'm sure it was notably harder to draft and overtake after that update. And I'm glad for it, too. Means you have to drive better.
It was the Ai drafting other Ai ( creating some kind of exponential effect making the Ai always going at maximum potential at times )

That's how i understood it when they patched it ( but it's been a while since that patch so i might be mistaken )

kie25

There is no rubber banding though, rushy has said this so many times and I have to agree with him if there was you wouldn't be able nearly lap the AI on certain events, dusk till dawn I was about 6 seconds away from lapping last place and 2nd was about 30 seconds behind.

People mistake rubber banding with the overpowered slipstream, I would really like the slipstream turned to realistic levels as it would make the game much better in my view.

Hm, so anyone know how big the PS+ edition will be? Will it have a full standard tour or only parts of it?

I think only the India tracks that you can get enough stars to unlock. Then there is the Startline tour which gives people a taste of non india tracks with full weather and additional cars from the full game and DLC.

There is no rubber banding though, rushy has said this so many times and I have to agree with him if there was you wouldn't be able nearly lap the AI on certain events, dusk till dawn I was about 6 seconds away from lapping last place and 2nd was about 30 seconds behind.

People mistake rubber banding with the overpowered slipstream, I would really like the slipstream turned to realistic levels as it would make the game much better in my view.

Perhaps you are right. Last night I was playing and concentrating on the ai, I think this is where the problem lies. And its not really a huge problem, its just more pronounced than in other racing titles I have played.

Ive never payed a more beautiful game before though. Think ill buy the season pass.

What happened with season pass#2?
Do I get the one avail now or wait?

Just got Driveclub a few days ago and fired it up last night. Already asked a question about sound in the PS+ thread, but I might as well stick to this thread. I see that some cars need you to be in a club with at least two members to unlock. The only people on my friends list who have Driveclub already have full clubs. What's a good way to get into a club that isn't full of awful people or requires a whole lot of multiplayer racing? Does anyone on GAF organize clubs at all?

Curufinwe

Just got Driveclub a few days ago and fired it up last night. Already asked a question about sound in the PS+ thread, but I might as well stick to this thread. I see that some cars need you to be in a club with at least two members to unlock. The only people on my friends list who have Driveclub already have full clubs. What's a good way to get into a club that isn't full of awful people or requires a whole lot of multiplayer racing? Does anyone on GAF organize clubs at all?

I tried to set up a new one called GAF25 for people who bought it when it was on sale, but no one was interested in joining. So I deleted it and joined a random club that was already level 10 to get the trophy.

5taquitos

There's tons of GAF clubs, I'm sure someone will let you jump into a level 30 club so you have access to all the cars (ours is full though, sorry)

Top Bottom