• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

farmerboy

Prior to Driveclub's launch they were working on a 60fps update and Project Morpheus support - reportedly they made Shu feel sick!

When Morpheus launches next year would you like to see a DC VR appear too? They would have to make some compromises to get the update a rock solid 60fps though we don't know how many - it never ever drops below 30 no matter how many vehicles are on screen and whatever the weather so it's probably safe to say it could already be at 60 in certain circumstances without the frame rate cap.

Would you like to see DC VR even if it means fewer cars / less detail / no weather effects?

Whilst we would all love a graphically full featured DCVR, I think a trade off would be more than compensated by the feeling of being there. So yes I would like a VR version as I plan to get Morpheus all things considered.

By then I'm sure Evo could find some optimisations that would let them get close to the current target.

Shaneus

I've not seen any of the virtual cinema things you can try for the Rift but from what I've heard the flat big screen thing isn't so great as you're not using the whole of the 1080p screen as you would on your tv. The bit you actually see is just concentrated into two small parts so the big screen thing just looks very blocky and low res :-(

The original need for Speed game on the 3DO only had cockpit cam which mean they could reduce the external rendered view to what could be seen out of the windows. I think the VR mode should be the internal view only and it might be that they could use tricks like that to reduce the load and get the framerate up.
I don't really mean virtual cinema in that way, I just mean have it as the regular 1080p image that's displayed on the screen, but covering both lenses. And include head tracking if it's in-car view.

I started a club a while back, but no one has joined. It's called RaceOn. Honestly, the only reason I created it was to unlock those cars that you need a club to unlock. That's still my primary goal. I have all five slots open if anyone would care to join. I don't race online much, but it irks me seeing those cars locked and unusable by me (and I'm sure it irks some of you, too).

Nyx

Happy to see a lot of new players loving the game. Hope it sells some more and we all can enjoy another season pass.

z3phon

Played the demo 10 minutes and instantly purchased the game. The feel of the game is incredible. Any tips for a newbe?
Hows the multiplayer and are club sizes only 6 people?

Nyx

Played the demo 10 minutes and instantly purchased the game. The feel of the game is incredible. Any tips for a newbe?

Do the main Tour first, that has a better learning curve than the Startline Tour.

Also, break before a turn. ;)

Welcome to the game. I'd also recommend looking at purchasing the season pass if you can afford it, the content given in that has been amazing so far.

It's a shame that so many people held off buying it while waiting for this 'demo' to arrive, yet don't always play demos of other purchases.

z3phon

Welcome to the game. I'd also recommend looking at purchasing the season pass if you can afford it, the content given in that has been amazing so far.

It's a shame that so many people held off buying it while waiting for this 'demo' to arrive, yet don't always play demos of other purchases.
It's funny you say that I was just looking at season pass on psn. Whats the differience between the season pass and the loads of packs I see in the store.

I don't really mean virtual cinema in that way, I just mean have it as the regular 1080p image that's displayed on the screen, but covering both lenses. And include head tracking if it's in-car view.

I don't think it's possible to show a 2d image on Morpheus as the lenses always see a 2d image and will warp what we see into the illusion of 3d no matter what is displayed - I could be wrong tho...

Nyx

It's funny you say that I was just looking at season pass on psn. Whats the differience between the season pass and the loads of packs I see in the store.

The Season Pass gives you all paid DLC so far.
Also the tour/cars of next week, and a last tour/carpack in July.

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

As Nyx says, all those single packs you see on the store are included in the season pass. Plus I believe there are still 1 or 2 months to go on it as well. For £20 it's a lot of additional content.

2 months - this one (download will be available on June 30th) and July.

I'm hoping that they announce more content either with a BIG update, or another season pass. The game has just taken up so much of my time it's amazing. I think the main thing with it is the fact it's so fast to load in races and also the inclusion of Suspend/Resume on the PS4.

Vaga

I'm hoping that they announce more content either with a BIG update, or another season pass. The game has just taken up so much of my time it's amazing. I think the main thing with it is the fact it's so fast to load in races and also the inclusion of Suspend/Resume on the PS4.

As much as I want a season 2 of DC, I really want to see Evo tackle a new Motorstorm on PS4. More in the style of the first and Pacific Rift, less than Apocalypse. Give me open, wide tracks, beautiful sceneries, cars, bikes, big rigs and monster trucks to trample them. One of the first games I got on PS3 was Motorstorm and man it was such a blast. Or at least a Motorstrom Collection Remaster, that would be insane!

Evooooo! Motorstorm!

Shia-LaBeouf-do-it-shias-everywhere-animated.gif

MADGAME

As much as I want a season 2 of DC, I really want to see Evo tackle a new Motorstorm on PS4. More in the style of the first and Pacific Rift, less than Apocalypse. Give me open, wide tracks, beautiful sceneries, cars, bikes, big rigs and monster trucks to trample them. One of the first games I got on PS3 was Motorstorm and man it was such a blast. Or at least a Motorstrom Collection Remaster, that would be insane!

Evooooo! Motorstorm!

Seconded. I never cared too much for trophies, but my Platinum Motorstorm: PR trophy is one for which I have a bit of pride. It was tough to get, and online races were brutal. Motorstorm 1 and 2 were masterpieces; I would settle for a 1080/60 remaster collection of the two with online capabilities.

Back on topic, I made some good progress last night. Well behind many in this thread but reached level 44 with 3 stars in everything up to the pro circuit, and 3 stars on all drift challenges in all the DLC. Lots of work to do.

Why is the game forcing me to download all the updates? This is the second time it's happened :( If you miss an update does it bugger the sequence up?

I'm on 1.14 but the latest update is starting from the beginning.

Nyx

Why is the game forcing me to download all the updates? This is the second time it's happened :( If you miss an update does it bugger the sequence up?

I think it first checks your previous updates, then downloads the rest.
But it looks like it's downloading everything again. (which it doesn't)

GodofWine

GAF members only club "Fast and Old" has two openings, cause I booted two long idled gaffers (god speed you two beautiful people).

We are lvl 36 I believe and all play sporadically, but remain active. If you are sorta fast, and sorta old (in GAF years) and want to join, and will be semi active, let me know.

ZalXII

I think it first checks your previous updates, then downloads the rest.
But it looks like it's downloading everything again. (which it doesn't)

I think it "does" because the same happend for me when i updated from 1.16 to 1.18 awhile ago. 1.17 and 1.18 came only a few days seperate. Missed one and had to download the whole patch size of 10,## GB again when 1.18 released. Not only the small portion like with all patches before.

On another note, i found a new motivaton to play the game by trying to reach a top 100 spot in every Tour Event not a drift. Find the TT's very hard, some of them are so perfected over time. Accomplished one first place in an Amatuer section Event of the main tour called german sports series. That felt good :). Slightly concerned it will last now that it's mentioned here but whatever. Just reached semi-pro section.

Just looked up the Venom Hot Lap and technically i already have a 100 spot, exactly 100 lol. Try it regardless when i'm there.

This was requested by another person in the PS+ thread, but I wanted to reiterate it here for Rushy in case he missed it: many of us would love to see some kind of camera view in between the cockpit and dash cams. If it's easier, you could add a slider to the cockpit view to allow people to basically zoom in (or out) if desired.

On a related note, I also mentioned this idea in the other thread: rival clubs. It would be cool to designate another club as a rival, or even build that rivalry through back-and-forth challenges. The payoff would be 1) when you beat a rival club through challenges--and perhaps in MP races-- you get extra fame points, and 2) it would engage people in the game and expand the club concept.

Speaking of which, a lot of people have asked about expanding the number of people in a club. As an alternative, what if we could build groups or associations of clubs? That would satisfy this urge to bring more people together, make it easier to search and identify people, and perhaps extend the rival concept I proposed above. Imagine being able to make a NeoGAF Racing Association made up of one or two hundred clubs. Something to think about!

Just got the season pass. Fuck me, the amount of content is way too large!

Also, there are 2 tours stating "coming soon" (after RPM and Velocity). Are we getting some sort of bonus content? I thought Velocity is the last expansion to be released?

Just got the season pass. Fuck me, the amount of content is way too large!

Also, there are 2 tours stating "coming soon" (after RPM and Velocity). Are we getting some sort of bonus content? I thought Velocity is the last expansion to be released?
We have content for June and July to come.

It was extended a month after the online mess.

I'd be happy to open one, even though I'm not playing the PS+ edition (unless for some reason they're not letting PS+ and regular players mix inside clubs). I don't know if I'll be a long-term Driveclub player so having a bunch of PS+ people who might drop out is totally fine by me.

Makikou

http://www.gamesradar.com/driveclub-review/

Driveclub had a slow, sleepy start, but the version that you can buy right now looks incredible, is enjoyable for beginners and racing veterans, and is one of the best examples of online integration yet seen. And any game that frequently has me saying 'I can't believe how good this is' has got to be doing something right. Driveclub is absolutely the best racing game on PS4, and I can't wait to see how it develops next.

Makikou

Just telling us what we already knew, hey? ;-)

Going back to wheels, gonna stick with the t300rs as recommended by you and a few others. Heard a bit of negativity about the pedals that come with the t300. You got any thoughts on those?

They are equivalent of DFGT pedals bad but slightly better. You can deal with them as long as you don't really know about better ones. Whenever in the dark dark future i can afford to splash more, i will just get Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals.

kie25

Next Tuesday/Wednesday

I had a play with the GTR last month at evo studios could be a rival for the ruf in the performance class, also the new free car is probably gona be fast, especially on twisty tracks it's got great handling.

May have to get back on for some challenges soon, been waiting for the camera shake update to hit that I tested when I was at evo studios, really makes a difference, hopefully be in July patch my guess.

dr guildo

I had a play with the GTR last month at evo studios could be a rival for the ruf in the performance class, also the new free car is probably gona be fast, especially on twisty tracks it's got great handling.

May have to get back on for some challenges soon, been waiting for the camera shake update to hit that I tested when I was at evo studios, really makes a difference, hopefully be in July patch my guess.

the cam shake update ?
Could you tell us more about that, please ? Thanks

desu

Man the salt in that re-reviewing thread is off the charts.

I read it last night and I was pretty shocked, I don't really know what it is with this game but people really are loosing their mind with Driveclub.

I really wanted to write something but I feel it's absolutely useless when I read people wanting to see devs burn in hell and denying them any chance to ever correct their mistakes. I mean I've been burned by bad *insert whatever media in here* and there are products I probably wouldn't buy again because I've had bad experience. However why the hell would I deny anyone to chance of a re-review. I really wonder if these people have the same agenda in their real life and I wonder how that works out for them, can't compehend that shit.

ZalXII

In my opionion, re-reviwing should be mandatory in this day and age of gaming. After missing most of last generation to mmos, i was really surprised it isn't. Patches and content updates are a part of console gaming for a whole generation now, yet gaming outlets refuse to change their behavior accordingly with the times. And this hurts especially, but not only, games like Driveclub who are planned beforehand to grow with the time in itself and with users input, who are planned to get new content on a monthly basis and to just get better and better over time.

But what's the point of such a model when every potential buyer sees critics, reviews and scores from release only? For me, that is one, if not the most important reason why i don't care for scores and reviews anymore when buying a not so new game. Grow with the time!

Dy the way, now first at ProTrophy Event.

I just want a Driveclub 2. More cars, more locations, smooth online experience from the start, a tad better IQ if it's possible, similar season pass and after launch support, maybe a choice of arcade/arcadesim physics. The game will score perfect tens.

I just want a Driveclub 2. More cars, more locations, smooth online experience from the start, a tad better IQ if it's possible, similar season pass and after launch support, maybe a choice of arcade/arcadesim physics. The game will score perfect tens.

Me too. Driveclub has such potential to make leaps and bounds when it comes to critical acclaim.

Varied cars, varied locations (they already are great), experience in upgrading MP... the graphics are top class. It will be a damn shame if Evolution can't rebuild themselves.

I really hope Sony gives them the chance. There seems to be too much invested for them to cut the game completely.

Do we know what's next for Evo after? When do they stop supporting DC?

Do we even know if they are working on anything else?

kie25

the cam shake update ?
Could you tell us more about that, please ? Thanks

Yes it's just after playing project cars the camera shake was to much felt like it was stuttering, it wasn't any different from the beginning but it felt like it, there was a few people that mentioned it on tweeter, in reality it was just my eyes getting used to 60fps, then going bk to Driveclub, but evo seen what I was saying and are adding a option in future update to toggle it off or on, with it off it feels so much smoother.

I'm ok saying it as they have already mentioned it on tweeter ;) I only say stuff after they have already confirmed it or mentioned it on tweeter.

Top Bottom