• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

thejpfin

Finally bought the season pass. Just had to get it, because Nissan GTR and dodge <3

After this DLC, there's still one DLC pack coming later?

Finally bought the season pass. Just had to get it, because Nissan GTR and dodge <3

After this DLC, there's still one DLC pack coming later?

There are two packs each month, one with just tours and another with tours and cars, both release simultaneously. But yes, there is one more content drop end of July.

Today I managed to rank at 41 global in a Downforce Tour time trial. Not sure how, but I was just flying around flawlessly and ended the race a couple seconds before the 3 star ghost car.

Amazing.

9p9fI43h.jpg

Every month I fall in love with this game all over again. There's always that one event that makes me doubt how good I am at the game, which forces me to be much more daring on the track, which in turn makes me better at the game. And the month long gap in between each time I play this game only multiplies the challenge further. Not that I'm complaining, I love the challenge.

MattyG

Banned
Are there any GAF clubs with an open spot? I tried to join one, but I don't know if the people in it are still active.

Also, June is the last month for DLC right or are they going to keep going indefinitely? I'm thinking of grabbing the season pass next week if I've finished the core events by then.

Are there any GAF clubs with an open spot? I tried to join one, but I don't know if the people in it are still active.

Also, June is the last month for DLC right or are they going to keep going indefinitely? I'm thinking of grabbing the season pass next week if I've finished the core events by then.

According to that infograph, yes, the content releasing tomorrow is the last of the announced content. Though, with the PS+ Edition just releasing now, I can't imagine that being the final DLC for the game. Had the PS+ Edition launched on time, maybe it'd be a different story. As I've said before, if they do announce a Season 2 Pass, I'd love to see a course set in a city and a course set in a desert with massive rolling dunes (and maybe sand storm weather effects).

MattyG

Banned
According to that infograph, yes, the content releasing tomorrow is the last of the announced content. Though, with the PS+ Edition just releasing now, I can't imagine that being the final DLC for the game. Had the PS+ Edition launched on time, maybe it'd be a different story. As I've said before, if they do announce a Season 2 Pass, I'd love to see a course set in a city and a course set in a desert with massive rolling dunes (and maybe sand storm weather effects).
Well I believe that when the layoffs happened, Sony said it was because they wanted Evo to focus on "making Driveclub a service" or something. I can see that turning into something like the Destiny model with a season pass every year with a big expansion/relaunch in between each new season.

I do hope they go crazy with environments eventually. Maybe not Motorstorm Apocalypse levels of crazy, but I want them to try cool, new and surprising environments.

nib95

Banned
Nissan GT-R is awesome. Sounds great, and handles very well, though there can be a tad bit of understeer (as those who have driven the real thing have also mentioned). It has a lot of grip, but at the same time because of it's weight, it's pretty drift savvy. Luckily you can control drifts pretty effortlessly. Still think it should have been in a higher class though. In real life GT-R's can leave Ferrarri's and Lambo's behind. Here's hoping for a GT-R Nismo!

Peugeot EX-1 is madness lol. Driving it I feel like I'm driving the Tumbler from the Nolan Batman movies. It's a bit Twitchy, but it's great fun.

Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 has that lovely throatiness to it. But not sure it'll be a top contender regarding handling yet. Nice to have it in though.

McLaren 570S has got to be one of the best sounding cars in the game. Just sounds insanely good, and has some incredible speed to it, especially for the class and size that it is.

Haven't tested the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 and Nissan 370Z Nismo yet, but I'm especially looking forward to the latter. Wish we had more Japanese cars than American in the game. Just suit my tastes better. Still, another solid batch of vehicles, and a great update.

Bug report!

I have noticed one new bug though. In cockpit view, now when you turn you can see a tiny smidgen of your characters jacket in the bottom left or right of the screen. It's not too intrusive, but I did think it was a bit weird.

Lunar FC

Nissan GT-R is awesome. Sounds great, and handles very well. Has a lot of grip, but at the same time because of it's weight, it's pretty drift savvy. Luckily you can control drifts pretty effortlessly. Still think it should have been in a higher class though. In real life GT-R's can leave Ferrarri's and Lambo's behind. Here's hoping for a GT-R Nismo!

Peugeot EX-1 is madness lol. Driving it I feel like I'm driving the Tumbler from the Nolan Batman movies. It's a bit Twitchy, but it's great fun.

Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 has that lovely throatiness to it. But not sure it'll be a top contender regarding handling yet. Nice to have it in though.

McLaren 570S has got to be one of the best sounding cars in the game. Just sounds insanely good, and has some incredible speed to it, especially for the class and size that it is.

Haven't tested the Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 and Nissan 370Z Nismo yet, but I'm especially looking forward to the latter. Wish we had more Japanese cars than American in the game. Just suit my tastes better. Still, another solid batch of vehicles, and a great update.

Bug report!

I have noticed one new bug though. In cockpit view, now when you turn you can see a tiny smidgen of your characters jacket in the bottom left or right of the screen. It's not too intrusive, but I did think it was a bit weird.

Hah you guys never fail to notice some new little bug every single patch that I would never even care to notice.

That graphic is out of date, they extended the season pass a month when they gave away the first two packs for free to make up for the problems at launch. There are another 2 packs coming in July. They haven't announced yet what they're doing after that, but i imagine we'll get some news before the end of July.

I think tracks should remain free though in order to avoid splitting the user base, but bring on another season pass packed with content like this one and i'll gladly get it.

It's saying the content cannot be currently downloaded for me :-(
I had to restart my console, I had the same.

When I was in Library is said everything was installed but still had Download showing on the content page.

Bug report!

Speaking of which, I noticed in Challenges the driver is not your character! Character of the challenge setter, maybe? Didn't look into it and try it out but noticed it a couple of times now.

When I was in Library is said everything was installed but still had Download showing on the content page.

Speaking of which, I noticed in Challenges the driver is not your character! Character of the challenge setter, maybe? Didn't look into it and try it out but noticed it a couple of times now.

Yeah I've often been showing as a woman, I assume it gives you the same character as the creator of the challenge.

Melchiah

As of the PS+ edition's release, the add-ons have completely disappeared from the store for me.

And when I try to access the store from the game, it just shows blank and won't load any content. When I try to access the new content via the tour menu, it says "this content can be downloaded/accessed at the moment". WTF

nib95

Banned
As of the PS+ edition's release, the add-ons have completely disappeared from the store for me.

You're accessing the wrong version. There are now two versions of the game on the store, the regular one is actually the PS+ version, whilst the Full Upgrade PS+ version, is actually the normal full game lol. Just choose that one and all the add-ons etc will be there.

wowlace

Picked this up 2nd hand for $15. Should be here tomorrow. Does anyone drive with the camera behind the car? Any disadvantage to it?

Melchiah

You're accessing the wrong version. There are now two versions of the game on the store, the regular one is actually the PS+ version, whilst the Full Upgrade PS+ version, is actually the normal full game lol. Just choose that one and all the add-ons etc will be there.

Thanks for the tip, which solved my problem. =) I didn't know it was changed recently, and searching by "DR" didn't show the PS+ upgrade version. I had to add "I" to the search in order to see it. Dunno why accessing the store/content via the game didn't work though.

knavish

Picked this up 2nd hand for $15. Should be here tomorrow. Does anyone drive with the camera behind the car? Any disadvantage to it?

yeah man I use chase camera 2 (furthest view) as do quite a few of the guys from the True Talent team. I find it much easier to control the car as I can see where the back end is at all times. I personally find the other views a bit restrictive, especially in MP (need to know when I am about to get rammed lol)

ZalXII

So, compared to the rest of the game, how hard is that one set of tour events you get to play in the PS+ Edition?
Pretty much the easiest one. Startline events are taken from the original tour and DLC with easier star requirements and the best car available for every event. I think the only new events in startline are the first and the last and they're easy, too.

Great, new DLC is not available at the moment (EU Store).

EDIT: Ingame doesn't work but it works from the store directly.

Stacey

Banned
Ummm ive owned the full game + the season pass since day one but the app is now saying the content ends in 14 days (my plus sub expiration) WTF!

kie25

Had a quick go Driveclub last night and took the GTR for a test drive around a Tamil 1, defo going to be the fastest performance car over majority tracks. I can't believe how rusty I am at Driveclub but still managed a ok lap not perfect but was ok.

https://youtu.be/lcZIfdc4qXo

I just wanted to say that i'm very happy that most of this month first dlc campaign tracks were on dry surfaces. Those dusk moments were beautifulll and something i hadn't seen "that" much before ...

Excellent

Another endurance race ? 7 laps ? 4 drifts challenges ?? dammn it !

Well I believe that when the layoffs happened, Sony said it was because they wanted Evo to focus on "making Driveclub a service" or something. I can see that turning into something like the Destiny model with a season pass every year with a big expansion/relaunch in between each new season.

I do hope they go crazy with environments eventually. Maybe not Motorstorm Apocalypse levels of crazy, but I want them to try cool, new and surprising environments.

This is personally what I hope. I have always thought certain games should be refined over time and you pay for upgrades to keep the game up to date rather than multiple iterations, obviously certain games this wouldn't work but for driving and sports games this is a great model as it means the game changes around the players and rather than having to rework everything each year resulting in tiny updates, developers time can be focused on honing and crafting the experience. In my personal opinion sequels should be kept for when a company want to change approach or want to rebuild the engine.

Yeah I've often been showing as a woman, I assume it gives you the same character as the creator of the challenge.
Yeah for me it is the opposite, I end up a man, when I should be a woman.

Though in reality I am a man.

The woman I picked just seemed best dressed for the occasion, which admittedly isn't a very manly thing to use as the deciding factor, so perhaps it was for the best I picked her.

Does new patch fix the split times bug if you're on the next lap before they pass the last split?

Seems to add the last lap time to the split difference, winds me up :p

Can you choose better cars in Startline Tour if you have other DLCs? I have only the base game and the Startline Tour give me only one car in every event and they feel way slower than what the AIs have.

The new Peugeot concept car! lol Fucking hell. It looks like the Dark Knight Tumbler from the back and looks like a convertible cut in half from the front. Second month in a row I've burst out laughing upon seeing the new free car.

Melchiah

The new Peugeot concept car! lol Fucking hell. It looks like the Dark Knight Tumbler from the back and looks like a convertible cut in half from the front. Second month in a row I've burst out laughing upon seeing the new free car.

Loved driving it, and listening to the engine's manic scream. It's a pretty good to control in corners as well, but when you lose control you lose it totally.

dedhead54

After putting significant time in with Forza Horizon 2 and then moving on to some Project CARS, it is taking some time getting used to the handling in this game. I just downloaded the PS+ version last night. I am enjoying it, even though I slam wildly in to walls at times.

Visuals (especially in stormy weather) live up to the hype. Great sense of speed as well. I will be upgrading to the full version for sure. Maybe today even. I'm sold.

See I didn't like any of the RPM ones, but like the Velocity ones, one of which now sits in one of my four slots!

(ps, can we please get more slots!)

Torque has some really good ones for making some interesting liveries with the way the colours interact with each other.

The tiger/zebra pattern from the Evo pack is probably the best, after that the flying triangles one from the Elements pack.

My favourite from the Velocity pack.

Top Bottom