• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

airjoca

@Rushy

How about an icon next to players names so we can identify who has the Season Pass? Similar to Battlefield Premium.

This way it would be easy to know who to send challenges that include DLC cars.

Ebolarama

Banned
US player here EST. Is anybody else having trouble pulling up the store in order to download the new tours? By trouble, I mean the store is a blank blue wall with nothing showing :/

airjoca

US player here EST. Is anybody else having trouble pulling up the store in order to download the new tours? By trouble, I mean the store is a blank blue wall with nothing showing :/

Yes, I had to access the store through the consoles main menu and search for the game and related extras to download the new DLC.

Shaneus

I just want a Driveclub 2. More cars, more locations, smooth online experience from the start, a tad better IQ if it's possible, similar season pass and after launch support, maybe a choice of arcade/arcadesim physics. The game will score perfect tens.
They've basically been doing this since launch, so I think season 2 will likely give you what you want: gradual base game improvements (like IQ etc.), more cars and more locations. Doubt it on the physics though, I reckon they're pretty locked in (unless the odd car has unusual/buggy handling).

Yeah they nailed the sound of the 458 IMO and so many other cars in the game.
I still get a little thrown when hearing some cars clearly don't have as detailed sounds as others. Like where you can hear the interior audio is just the exterior with a filter over it (rather than being actually recorded inside the car), or the engine sound just sounds synthesized and not genuinely recorded. For example, majority of the Mercs sound amazing, but I'm sure there's some of the other cars (maybe the US ones as an example?) don't sound quite as detailed.

@Rushy

How about an icon next to players names so we can identify who has the Season Pass? Similar to Battlefield Premium.

This way it would be easy to know who to send challenges that include DLC cars.
This would be great. And someone mentioned in another thread if it displayed their level as well (if it didn't already).

Just started up DriveClub after seeing the notification that the game was updated.

Am at the menu with all of the online-enabled stuff grayed-out except for the PS Store, which when selected shows me Destiny expansions.

Huh.

So... I've noticed now after the latest patch that the menu music is tied to racing music.

Ie. My menu music is set to 100% yet I hear nothing in the menus. If I turn up the race music, then the menu music comes back

Anyone else notice this?

Unveiling at work later today.... can you guess what it is yet?

20150701065458.jpg

Had to take the snap outside the office as they don't like us taking shots so early before they do the reveal.

xrnzaaas

I've only done a few of the new events. The new cars look cool, but it sucks you can't pick your own color for the Nissans (or am I missing something?).

Which troll put 5 Drift Face Offs in that endurance race in the RPM tour.

He he, I had to finish this race twice (both times using Corvette Centennial) so that I'd pull off 5 face offs and finish first. At least that second race got me in the top30. :)

Nyx

Wouldn't it be cool if you could watch the replay of any time on the leaderboards?

Wonder how hard that would be to implement, you already see ghosts on the track so maybe it's not that hard?

Would love to watch those nr 1 times.

Stacey

Banned
Wouldn't it be cool if you could watch the replay of any time on the leaderboards?

Wonder how hard that would be to implement, you already see ghosts on the track so maybe it's not that hard?

Cheaters, the lot of 'em :p

Shaneus

I thought we could? At least, the ghosts or something.

knavish

I thought we could? At least, the ghosts or something.

you can on circuits after you beat the 3 stars times.

PS.....DJW, David1978 and TRP Button are in my crew and they have the leading times on a lot of the new DLC. They really are that quick! I can keep up in races but they really are epic at time trials. I love racing with them as it really does make me a better driver, you make a small mistake and they are gone with little chance of catching back up.

Its all about the lines they take. they start wide, slow in to corners and fast out, sometimes use the dirt to slow down rather than break, manual gears for control (less drifting) and most importantly skill.

I've read a few people say they don't like the handling in DC, its pretty spot on in my view - I know I can get faster if I use a better line etc as above. Also read that people say it has no soul? not sure what that means but IMHO its got more "soul" than project cars (not wanting to start a PC vs DC debate BTW).

wowlace

Just put my first few hours into the game. Yep, it's addictive and fun. The super cars are way too much to handle for me at the moment. But having fun with the playlists up to the amateur trophy.

Settled on the dash cam, I seem to go better with that. I go ok when I am the only one on the road, but in races I cannot seem to get past the AI unless I drive dirty.

If any other newbies want to join my club: Tortoise Power

Feel free just to get the cars etc. I don't race multi-player at all.

I really like the non-track races. Whatever you call them, like point A to point B. The one in the desert canyon is dope.

Lunar FC

Looks like I should have all my guys to 34 when the next reset hits (variks will be selling boots next week right?). Just gotta get a gallyhorn and then i'm on hiatus until TTK.

edit: oops, um something driveclub related hmm...I like the event art in this months new tours.

Looks like I should have all my guys to 34 when the next reset hits (variks will be selling boots next week right?). Just gotta get a gallyhorn and then i'm on hiatus until TTK.

Destiny!

Cars have been unveiled now. Wouldn't let us get past the rope though so only back shots are through glass.

YBSmYTP.jpg

b4PUTz1.jpg

feb3YLD.jpg

4lItXeP.jpg

1Sodtgw.jpg

And a little bit of GT6

Thait81.jpg

So... I've noticed now after the latest patch that the menu music is tied to racing music.

Ie. My menu music is set to 100% yet I hear nothing in the menus. If I turn up the race music, then the menu music comes back

Anyone else notice this?
My race music is off and I had menu music last night.

Sometimes the music stops though if it has been idling for ages in certain scenarios.

chrislowe

im in love with the physics in this game.
How you can feel how the balance of the car alters under braking, and you can put the rear out, and steer the car with throttle and accelerate away.

Seventy70

I don't know if I should be saying this, but I somehow got the whole game for free with plus for some reason. Everything is available and it doesn't look like there is anything locked out.

nib95

Banned
I don't know if I should be saying this, but I somehow got the whole game for free with plus for some reason. Everything is available and it doesn't look like there is anything locked out.

Not the PS+ version? Wat.

On a side note, Evo Challenge is the GT-R in Kobago. Anyone given it a try yet?

Ok, so here's why I think we need an Exposure or Contrast setting to brighten up dry daytime sunny conditions in Driveclub.
(Yes I know there's a "Brightness" setting in the display options but that's actually for controlling the game's black level output, similar to how most brightness settings work on our HDTV's- The more you increase the brightness...the more the image looks washed out and devoid of any contrast/dynamic range)

Imho, I feel that this game looks a lot more accurate, pleasing to the eye and realistic when daytime settings in dry sunny conditions give a fairly bright image. There are certain tracks in Chile for example (Chungara Lake, Autodromo Frontera) where racing at around 13:00 in dry sunny conditions is oppressively dark, considering you're racing in a hot desert-like area. In cockpit view it's really apparent too.

Here are some pics to illustrate my point:

17928354038_bba882c2a2_c.jpg

Credit to DCTorque99

17981210098_6c33eccc81_c.jpg

Credit to DCTorque99

18033308569_d9441696a8_c.jpg

Credit to DCTorque99

18031785290_537bab6413_c.jpg

Credit to DCTorque99

Gameplay/replays doesn't normally look as bright and pleasing to the eye as the photomode pics above imo.

@Rushy - Pleeeeeease at least consider adding a simple Exposure or Contrast setting for gameplay/replays so we can make this already delicious looking game even better!!

Oh just to clarify.....I think basically every other setting/time of day including rain, snow, sunset/sunrise looks fine as it is.

While you're at it Rushy.....throw in the new McLaren 675LT for the next DLC!! :p

My DriveClub is still messed up, like the face-offs show me doing it for the first time, plus other challenges.
I'm just guessing, but I'm wondering if this is a cover act for it loading them because it is seemingly random that it does it to me.

I'm wondering if rather than saying 'loading...' like before it just shows a blank one, so you can at least set a score.

I agree with them that the social aspects still feel unfinished, but like a lot of reviews say - that DC is doing nothing unique or new - what other game out there right now is the replacement for DC? Is doing what its doing with its track based naturalistic settings in a wide variety of conditions?

Horizon and The Crew are open world. Forza and GT and pCars are sims based upon real world tracks. NFS games are also open world and based upon gimmicks like EMPs and weapons and PvP crashing.

I dunno. DC seems like it occupies its own space and there's nothing else I can play that scratches that itch.

5taquitos

I agree with them that the social aspects still feel unfinished, but like a lot of reviews say - that DC is doing nothing unique or new - what other game out there right now is the replacement for DC? Is doing what its doing with its track based naturalistic settings in a wide variety of conditions?

Horizon and The Crew are open world. Forza and GT and pCars are sims based upon real world tracks. NFS games are also open world and based upon gimmicks like EMPs and weapons and PvP crashing.

I dunno. DC seems like it occupies its own space and there's nothing else I can play that scratches that itch.

Well said. There is literally nothing that compares to it, for whatever that's worth to the player.

For me, and this is going to sound fanboyish, it's the closest I've ever gotten to a perfect racer. I play NFS games, but they're stupidly easy and I don't come back to them (dropped Hot Pursuit like a bad habit after completing it). Sims are fun, but I get lost in the nitpicky details and overwhelming options, so I usually play for a bit and then move on (only played the GT series, not Forza or pCars). DC fits perfectly between the NFS-style racers and the sims, and let's me just pick my favorite car and drive.

airjoca

And people wonder why there's a "defense force". There are "professional" critics who keep clutching at straws to badmouth this game.

Top Bottom