• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

So, I just started playing this game 30 minutes ago, I have the PS+ version. I just hit lvl 2 and got my first car... However it won't even let me use the car without paying the $25 or whatever. Is the free version really this bad from this point on? =\

I think so yes, the only cars that you can use are those attached to the PS+ Startline Tour, or any that you have purchased via DLC. The game is well worth the upgrade though if you are enjoying it. Just do a few more of the tour and see what you think.

I was really excited to finally use the Nissan GT-R and 370Z in Driveclub, but I can't describe how sad it was that I could only choose factory paint jobs instead of some sick custom designs.

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer. Could be due to licensing issues. At least the two cars drive great. :)

So, I just started playing this game 30 minutes ago, I have the PS+ version. I just hit lvl 2 and got my first car... However it won't even let me use the car without paying the $25 or whatever. Is the free version really this bad from this point on? =\

I think so yes, the only cars that you can use are those attached to the PS+ Startline Tour, or any that you have purchased via DLC. The game is well worth the upgrade though if you are enjoying it. Just do a few more of the tour and see what you think.

Well, obviously it would defeat the purpose of the PS+ version if you'd get to use any car you unlock as you level up. The PS+ version of the game includes a list of 15 cars. You can use those in any mode you want. The Startline Tour has some overlap with those 15, but there are also a few that aren't part of the regular PS+ lineup. Those you can only use in the corresponding tour events.

xrnzaaas

Am I the only one surprised that the main championship in the Velocity tour features a hot hatch? :) It was a really nice surprise, but it's a shame that it was easy except for the max speed challenge in race 2 (which needed some precise drafting at the start of the race).

Am I the only one surprised that the main championship in the Velocity tour features a hot hatch? :) It was a really nice surprise, but it's a shame that it was easy except for the max speed challenge in race 2 (which needed some precise drafting at the start of the race).

Yeah was a nice change, and that max speed caught me by surprise I didn't get it so I will have to rerun the championship.

xrnzaaas

You can get it at the very beginning of the race when you're doing that long right corner. It takes practice and some luck, because you never know how the AI will react. I got about 3km/h above the requirement on my 5th or 6th attempt. There's also a long straight a little later on, but I think at least a few other cars have to be in front to pull off one long draft or 2-3 separate ones. The rest of the track doesn't offer any chances to reach that kind of speed.

Tizoc

Sorry if I asked this already but i have a disc copy of Driveclub, what will I miss out on if I trade that away and stuck with the Plus ver. of Driveclub?

Sorry if I asked this already but i have a disc copy of Driveclub, what will I miss out on if I trade that away and stuck with the Plus ver. of Driveclub?

Assuming you mean the upgraded Plus version and not the free version? They would be identical.

If you mean stick with the free PS+ Driveclub, then I believe you just get the Start line tour and 15 cars, instead of the full roster (- paid DLC)

vicnorris

Banned
Hey! Tried the driveclub ps+ edition and I had to buy the damn game, it's great and I love it, they should have release it earlier because I bet would have much more praise.

Well, if anyone wanna add me im vicnorris in PSN, I want to have more challenges :)

Moozo

I've got 20gb of space and the latest update won't download. I've deleted loads and it keeps saying I need 134.3mb more space

I stated before that the Lotus Exige was the car i disliked the most in this game. I have to rectify this.......i absolutely, completely hate the KTM and i mean really HATE! I could insert a half hour long rant in here just like i did just now while playing the game (much to the amusement of my wife) but i won't. On the bright side my love for the Vuhl is completely renewed. It drives like a go-kart, very planted.

I stated before that the Lotus Exige was the car i disliked the most in this game. I have to rectify this.......i absolutely, completely hate the KTM and i mean really HATE! I could insert a half hour long rant in here just like i did just now while playing the game (much to the amusement of my wife) but i won't. On the bright side my love for the Vuhl is completely renewed. It drives like a go-kart, very planted.

The Atom is the correct answer for a piece of shit car, that and the Rimac, that boat should be chucked off a pier!

The Atom is the correct answer for a piece of shit car, that and the Rimac, that boat should be chucked off a pier!

I was super excited to drive the atom when I got this game. But my god is that car a piece of dogshit.

The Ariel is certainly a handful, but not impossible to drive and for those who can tame it it's all the more rewarding, like this guy.

There was also a Driveclub OT regular who was really good with the Atom and who used to do a lot of p2p races with it, but he suddenly disappeared a few months ago, forgot what his name was.

The Ariel is certainly a handful, but not impossible to drive and for those who can tame it it's all the more rewarding, like this guy.

There was also a Driveclub OT regular who was really good with the Atom and who used to do a lot of p2p races with it, but he suddenly disappeared a few months ago, forgot what his name was.

Being fair it's good once you control it, I used it to beat the third star in a time trial where the McLaren just wouldn't get there, it's acceleration makes it good for tight circuits with lots of corners.

knavish

That Atom time seems slow for a world record I have to say, the lines are all so wide. Might give it a go later and see what I can get.

also the Atom is one of those cars that driving in manual is the best way. Just keep the car in higher gears to reduce the drifting, straighten up then drop it down and your away!

farmerboy

Atom is "barrel of monkeys" fun, better than the KTM and Vuhl. The Rimac makes a mockery of the term "turning circle", more like artic circle. Stable though.

Add in the Vulcano.

This here is your winner for most shite car in Driveclub. If the real car is as bad as this, they all should be thrown in a real volcano.

Rimac is one of the best cars in the game. If the One:1 wasn't in the game, it'd be contender for most useful car.

No joke.

If you're on a track with plenty of straight action you will just breeze on by everyone with the insane acceleration, then just be an aggressive defender and people can't get by.

Turning can be aided if you lose traction a bit, as you skid if you turn into the skid rather than the instinctive opposite you can turn it a bit better, you won't spin out because it just wants to go forwards so damn much, but a bit tricky to do on purpose.

Also donuts in that thing... spins faster than my washing machine.

Rimac is one of the best cars in the game. If the One:1 wasn't in the game, it'd be contender for most useful car.

No joke.

If you're on a track with plenty of straight action you will just breeze on by everyone with the insane acceleration, then just be an aggressive defender and people can't get by.

Turning can be aided if you lose traction a bit, as you skid if you turn into the skid rather than the instinctive opposite you can turn it a bit better, you won't spin out because it just wants to go forwards so damn much, but a bit tricky to do on purpose.

Also donuts in that thing... spins faster than my washing machine.

You lose all Driveclub credibility for this post!

You must be the only person that likes that barge!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Come on, fix the 300MB save file already. There's no way that's reasonable or necessary. It kills PS+ upload space and it keeps alerting that it can't upload. Annoying.

Come on, fix the 300MB save file already. There's no way that's reasonable or necessary. It kills PS+ upload space and it keeps alerting that it can't upload. Annoying.
I just turned off automatic save uploads, those messages are so annoying. It's not just this game, a lot of them have huge save files.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I just turned off automatic save uploads, those messages are so annoying. It's not just this game, a lot of them have huge save files.

I agree. But we need to bring it up with each so it gets some attention. Between this at 300, Rocket League at 100 and Dragon Age over 100, just my 3 "currently played" games take up half of the allocation.

Rushy is here now and again, I wish he would address it.

xrnzaaas

It's more of a Sony issue. The minimum size of a savegame file is 10MB (even if normally it would take 1MB or less) and a lot of games (even smaller ones) have 100MB+ savegames.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It's more of a Sony issue. The minimum size of a savegame file is 10MB (even if normally it would take 1MB or less) and a lot of games (even smaller ones) have 100MB+ savegames.

I think the minimum may be a Sony issue, but the actual size seems more of a developer issue. At 10-50MB you can fit quite a bit of games in the cloud storage, but at 100-300 it's a whole another world. And saves above 15MB or so are not an usual occurrence, but a standout.

NewDust

Well for driveclub a solution could be to only allow the settings and progression savefile to auto upload. That save is quite small. The ghost savefile and the replay savefile have, in my opinion, no reason to be uploaded, and those are the files that bloat the size of the upload.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Well for driveclub a solution could be to only allow the settings and progression savefile to auto upload. That save is quite small. The ghost savefile and the replay savefile have, in my opinion, no reason to be uploaded, and those are the files that bloat the size of the upload.

That's the approach LBP took on PS3. Two separate files. A small one with your progress and unlocks was autosaved, and the large one with creations and everything else could be manually saved.

And it makes sense. Because your progress is what you want to save a lot of times, as the creations, videos and so forth can be shared to the cloud anyway.

So, that "Atomic Theory" event within the Torque tour... what is even happening?
The car starts spinning as soon as you steer just a little bit. How are you supposed to beat that 3 star time? Any tips?

I already managed to drive a few Top 100 global times and got 3 stars in all the other events so far, but this is a whole other level of difficult.

Edit: Nevermind, just did it. Lol!

p3n

With F1 2015 being the most recent example of proper wheel support on PS4, will we finally see Fanatec wheel support patched into Driveclub?

Smokey

Tonnage
Complete a point to point Event with an average speed of 100mph or 161 km/h.

If anybody has the PS+ version ...what's the best track to get this trophy on (India locale)?

edit: Got it. If others are curious best track and car to use to get it is Zonda R, Time Trial, Nilgiri Hills (Reverse). Got it on the first try (pretty bad run) with a time of 2:54.300

AMG

Neo Member
is there a free drive mode? kinda like in nfs or burnout. or do i have to go play those to get my high drive fix lol.

Time trial is the closest to a free track mode where you can drive the same circuit track over and over again to perfect your knowledge of all the corners and compare how your favourite cars drive against each other. I personally passed a LOT of time on the reverse on the shorter of the Chile tracks. It takes less than a minute to do a lap and so it's a lot of fun to compare cars. Handling is more important than outright power 😉

desu

Anyone exicted for this months content?

Really hope that we will also get a glimpse at whats planned after the season pass soon.

Anyone exicted for this months content?

Really hope that we will also get a glimpse at whats planned after the season pass soon.
I'm not so sure we'll get immediate news on that when the current one lapses.

At least not much more than a confirmation that a second one will exist, and maybe a vague date.

I think we might still see features patches in the interim though, Fog for starters.

Top Bottom