• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

I'm not so sure we'll get immediate news on that when the current one lapses.

At least not much more than a confirmation that a second one will exist, and maybe a vague date.

I think we might still see features patches in the interim though, Fog for starters.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see anything. To be fair, it hasn't even been a year since release so another Season Pass would be a shorter interim than a Call of Duty title. That is assuming the next season pass will be a significant expansion (new countries etc.).

But yes, I'm looking forward to the final piece of content. What a season pass it's been.

Lulu23

I can't seem to send a request to a club I want into, it always says that there are problems communicating with the servers. Any idea?

Lulu23

Hmm so your sending a join request rather than receiving an invite? Can you contact them about sending you an invite?

I can send requests to all other clubs just fine, it is just that one (of course the one I want into). There are 2 spaces left. The guy who opened the club (someone I know from a German forum) said he's invited me, but I didn't get an invitation. Not sure if he spelled my PSN-ID correctly though.

NewDust

Hey, quick question... I have completed most of the DLC packs and everytime I grt the message a special livery has unlocked. However, everytime I check out the garage no extra paintjobs are to be found. Am I missing something? Or is it bugged?

Hedrush

Hey, quick question... I have completed most of the DLC packs and everytime I grt the message a special livery has unlocked. However, everytime I check out the garage no extra paintjobs are to be found. Am I missing something? Or is it bugged?

I'm not 100% but I think you need to press square to cycle through them or is that just for manufacturer paint jobs.

NewDust

I'm not 100% but I think you need to press square to cycle through them or is that just for manufacturer paint jobs.

Yeah, thats just manufacturer paint jobs

I think it's a bug: for some reason, the game will sometimes present you items you've already won.

That's strange... All the DLC packs have 5 designs for me, not one of them is locked. I am talking about the special splash screen for full starring a DLC tour, not just regular unlocks if thats what your talking about

ZalXII

That's strange... All the DLC packs have 5 designs for me, not one of them is locked. I am talking about the special splash screen for full starring a DLC tour, not just regular unlocks if thats what your talking about
Tour liveries can be found in the bonus category.

le-seb

I'm talking about unlocks as a whole, and don't think this is any different.
Almost every time I'm levelling up, the game tries to hand me out a couple cars I've unlocked like 6 months ago.
I haven't checked with liveries because I don't give a fuck, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.

There is no such category, only in the car list for the wombat.

Go to garage from the main menu, chose a car, go to custom --> designs --> bonus.

Almost every time I'm levelling up, the game tries to hand me out a couple cars I've unlocked like 6 months ago.
I haven't checked with liveries because I don't give a fuck, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same.

Yeah, happens to me too.

NewDust

Go to garage from the main menu, chose a car, go to custom --> designs --> bonus.

Like I said, I don't have such a category. All I have are Rebel, Graphic, Street, Retro, Level 50+, Tour, all DLC packs and none.

Edit: NVM, found them. They are in the Tour category... Must have overlooked them, cause the number indicating new liveries was never there.

Auctopus

Yeah, it's always the same 4 cars too.

Just picked up DC today and was wondering which racing wheel works with it? I been getting hooked into racing games recently and planning to pick up Project Cars so it'll be nice if the racing wheel will work for that too.

Curufinwe

I had to go back to some earlier events to get enough stars for the last trophy series, and I've improved a lot. I cut six seconds (3:06 to 3:00) off of one of the time trials and went from near bottom to the top of my friends on a few events.

Just picked up DC today and was wondering which racing wheel works with it? I been getting hooked into racing games recently and planning to pick up Project Cars so it'll be nice if the racing wheel will work for that too.

I believe currently the Thrustmaster T80/T300RS and T500 and also new Logitech G29

Stacey

Banned
I've just lost access to the full digital version of the game because my PS+ expired.

The full game has been removed from my library and the store is trying to charge me £34.99 to play,

I've restored licenses and restarted my ps4 but nothing.......

What the fuck Evo/Sony?

le-seb

What the fuck Evo/Sony?
That's weird. Did the game simply disappear from your system, or did it refuse to start complaining you were not a PS+ subscriber any more?
Just checked my copy of the game and it has no expiration date, so I wonder how this works...

drotahorror

Yeah I'm always thinking if something was to happen to my purchase history driveclub would not be there. (bought it on day 1 last year)

Driveclub is the only game in my library that doesn't say I've purchased it already. Like if I go to the store for Batman AK, it says <purchased>. If I go to Driveclub (there's 3 different ones to choose) it still has a price for it.

Something is definitely screwy with Driveclub.

Stacey

Banned
That's weird. Did the game simply disappear from your system, or did it refuse to start complaining you were not a PS+ subscriber any more?
Just checked my copy of the game and it has no expiration date, so I wonder how this works...

When the PS+ edition released last week I foolishly added it to my library to see if it was a separate app on the xmb. It was not. My full version was given an expiry date and yesterday my plus expired.

The game was removed from my library and the installed version was locked.

I then resubscribed to PS+ but the full version has now turned into the free plus version.

I uploaded my original game save to the cloud and started the plus version, all the season pass content is unlocked and the plus content has maxed stars......

Gonna phone sony this morning as I don't use twitter or Facebook to contact rushy or phenom.

desu

When the PS+ edition released last week I foolishly added it to my library to see if it was a separate app on the xmb. It was not. My full version was given an expiry date and yesterday my plus expired.

Damn, I did the same, scary! Hope this gets sorted out.

Stacey

Banned
Finally off the phone with Sony.

They've opened an investigation, asked the usual bullshit....."is your connection wired or wireless?" seriously?

Made me trawl through thousands of emails to find find my purchase email from Sony. (7/9/2014 pre-order)

Now I play the waiting game urgh ffs.

xrnzaaas

PSN & PS+ tend not to work too good together. For example if you add a "free" PS+ game to your library and then your membership expires you can't buy this game to own it forever. The only way to play it again is to renew the subscription.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I just picked up the full version.

Any clubs looking for someone who is more casual a player?

le-seb

Thanks picked up T80 since it was around my budget. For a beginner in racing games, is there tips on how to make turns properly? I'm still having trouble spinning/losing control when I try to turn
Enter corners from the outside (where the flags are.)
Don't try to turn and brake simultaneously.
Brake and/or release throttle before entering a corner, and accelerate gently while leaving it.
Only go full throttle on straight lines.

This should get you started.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Huh - playing the PS+ edition and really enjoyed the first track. However, I am clueless as to what's going on. Just sort of tossed me in. Is there a good primer on what the hell is going on with this game?

Huh - playing the PS+ edition and really enjoyed the first track. However, I am clueless as to what's going on. Just sort of tossed me in. Is there a good primer on what the hell is going on with this game?

Did you have the whole game ? Check if you have teh whole set of data , otherwise you'll only be able to enjoy an even more limited amount of things.

Intel_89

Do physical copies come with some sort of download code? I was looking to buy the game used but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to play the game online or something like that.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but thanks anyway!

le-seb

Do physical copies come with some sort of download code? I was looking to buy the game used but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to play the game online or something like that.
No, the physical copies may have come with some codes for early unlocks, but that's about it.

Shaneus

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but thanks anyway!
Nope. Only ones that would've come with any code would be ones with preorder bonuses. Buy away!

Enter corners from the outside (where the flags are.)
Don't try to turn and brake simultaneously.
Brake and/or release throttle before entering a corner, and accelerate gently while leaving it.
Only go full throttle on straight lines.

This should get you started.
Turning and braking is entirely possible.

I'd say this game offers you the avenue to brake very late, and continue braking hard into the apex, before then accelerating out rather than braking early before turning, coasting to the apex then pushing out.

If spinning is happening in this game it's pretty much just too much power, shouldn't have any issues under braking unless you're on the slide already.

NewDust

I have the PS+ edition, so I'm assuming it's not the whole game.
He meant to ask if you had downloaded the game fully, and not just the playgo part. But what you experienced is the idea of Driveclub, no nonsense racing, starting you of in a race immediatly. After the first race you are presented with the main menu and can select either tour events or single events.

PDogg

Neo Member
Thought I'd post up this winning drift run from a challenge of about 75 people. Not the biggest challenge but a win all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzkUcka-rSU

When it works, which it does mostly, the drifting in this game is sublime, it's a shame it got such a bad reputation really. Admittedly it was a lot worse to start with but now it's very solid and I hope this encourages someone to give the drifting another go, it's certainly worth persevering and there's so many tracks and nuances to learn on each it's incredibly rewarding.

Sadly this challenge wasn't on the longest track but I have some other videos on my Youtube or I am happy to do other videos if anyone feels it would help them, just let me know.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
He meant to ask if you had downloaded the game fully, and not just the playgo part. But what you experienced is the idea of Driveclub, no nonsense racing, starting you of in a race immediatly. After the first race you are presented with the main menu and can select either tour events or single events.

Ah - I'm assuming it was the full package since I downloaded it a few days ago and just last night opened it up.

The racing feels really good and plays well. I wasn't sure if there was a career style system like GT or if it was all just "do a single race to unlock random stuff and level up". Both of which are cool, but I just felt like after that initial race, I wasn't sure what the game actually offered. I would buy the full game if it's got content and support to justify it.

Curufinwe

I bought the Season Pass but it looks like almost no one else on my Friends list did because there's at most one friend on the leaderboards. So I'm looking for some PSN buddies who have played the Season Pass events.

Top Bottom