• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Loving the free version, going to pay the $25 to upgrade. I really suck for some reason I can't get used to the driving\drifting in this game for some reason. I played tons of the GT games, Forza and yet in this game I keep crashing into everything lmao

Loving the free version, going to pay the $25 to upgrade. I really suck for some reason I can't get used to the driving\drifting in this game for some reason. I played tons of the GT games, Forza and yet in this game I keep crashing into everything lmao

You have to break much, much later in this game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
None at all. You also keep the game even after your PS+ subscription expires

So the cheapest way to get everything this game has to offer is to buy the PS+ edition for $25 and get the Season Pass for another $25, right? That includes all the DLC and such?

Tommi84

So the cheapest way to get everything this game has to offer is to buy the PS+ edition for $25

Unless you can get the reail version for less it's the best deal. However, even if you can get the reail cheaper, Driveclub is one of the few games best to have digital. So you don't have to swap discs just to play few quick races.

Yes, PS+upgrade+DLC also includes all available content - and no, you don't have to buy LaFerrari for those few bucks. You can get the car by reaching the final lvl of Ferrari progress bar.

BTW, shouldn't we get some leaks about the new DLC?

Yeah should be soon I guess given when the last lot started to be revealed. They're probably trying to hone da trailer making skills in the interim.

Melchiah

I hope the second season pass will include at least one additional area, with as many P2Ps and road circuits as the current ones. If not, it's a no-buy for me.

desu

I hope the second season pass will include at least one additional area, with as many P2Ps and road circuits as the current ones. If not, it's a no-buy for me.

I really doubt they would do another season pass thats cars only, that would be a huuuge let down for me. New locations are expected by everyone I think.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I really doubt they would do another season pass thats cars only, that would be a huuuge let down for me. New locations are expected by everyone I think.

Yep. EIther new tracks in a new location, or new modes entirely such as offroad - a Motorstorm teaser. They could also add a track generator/edito within the current environments.

Ame

Rushy just tweeted that a new FWD car will be added to the Hot Hatches this month.

Good to see the Hot Hatches finally get some more variety.

Looks like he also posted some of the stuff coming next week as well.

Updates to photo mode (saw them talking about new filters and things before, so assume those)
'ELITE' driving levels
Garage filtering
Toggle camera shake
Face Off options
Club Leaderboards in Tour events
'Random Event' option
Improvements to Club Challenge Leaderboards
More new menu/loading images

Enter corners from the outside (where the flags are.)
Don't try to turn and brake simultaneously.
Brake and/or release throttle before entering a corner, and accelerate gently while leaving it.
Only go full throttle on straight lines.

This should get you started.

Turning and braking is entirely possible.

I'd say this game offers you the avenue to brake very late, and continue braking hard into the apex, before then accelerating out rather than braking early before turning, coasting to the apex then pushing out.

If spinning is happening in this game it's pretty much just too much power, shouldn't have any issues under braking unless you're on the slide already.

Thanks for the tips, been getting the hang of it, I still screw up a lot of times which cost me some races. Going from controller -> steering wheels took a bit of adjustments too.

The game is beautiful, Japan & Canada (woo Canada!) are my favorite tracks so far.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well, I started a club called GAFSoutheast

If anyone is looking for a club still PM me and i'll send you an invite. It currently has zero people, so I need at least one person :)

Shaneus

Looks like he also posted some of the stuff coming next week as well.

Updates to photo mode (saw them talking about new filters and things before, so assume those)
'ELITE' driving levels
Garage filtering
Toggle camera shake
Face Off options
Club Leaderboards in Tour events
'Random Event' option
Improvements to Club Challenge Leaderboards
More new menu/loading images
Now kie has his own class! Woo!

Also, I'm still not quite sure on the whole camera shake thing. Do we have it now?

Rushy just tweeted that a new FWD car will be added to the Hot Hatches this month.

Good to see the Hot Hatches finally get some more variety.
Hm. Still doesn't give me the Lancia Delta :(

xrnzaaas

I'm really glad about a new hatch. The last tour could've use it for the final event instead of the Beetle. :)

Hopefully it won't be a new variation of a Golf or a Mini, but something new like a Civic Type-R or Leon Cupra.

Tommi84

so a Juke maybe?

Personally, car looks like #*&^#&*%^ ;). We don't have any SUVs so I doubt they will add just one.

I want Leon Cupra or Ibiza FR :(. Maybe they will add Civic?

Camera shake was mentioned by kie25, I believe, and he said that with this option off, the gameplay looks much smoother. We'll see.

xrnzaaas

Juke is a crossover, not a classic hatchback. And yeah, it's fugly. If they wanted to add a modern Nissan then the Pulsar Nismo is more likely.

Melchiah

Yeah, that sounds logical, as I don't think many would buy it just for the tours featuring the same tracks.

airjoca

So still no private lobbies.... Really wonder why that seems so hard to implement.

Right now they have a fixed amount of lobbies open at any given time. When private lobbies kick in that number will skyrocket, and it will cause big problems for the servers again.

My guess.

I'm really glad about a new hatch. The last tour could've use it for the final event instead of the Beetle. :)

Hopefully it won't be a new variation of a Golf or a Mini, but something new like a Civic Type-R or Leon Cupra.
It should be something someone's posted a picture of before.

I say should, because it's the last car that's not turned up yet from the list I have, but it was an early list and you never know I guess.

If it is, it is a new manufacturer to the game.

And yeah the camera shake kie said before was to turn it off, so it is smoother, removes the effect people mistake for judder. I like it, adds to sense of speed, but I've not seen the flip side so :p

Edit: I just took a peek at Twitter, Paul has said 4 new manufacturers in the new expansion, so I'd say odds are the missing car will turn up, I believe someone on here has an affiliation with them. There were also 2 other manufacturers on the list that didn't have any cars associated with them. One is Japanese. Hmmmm :p

Also to unlock each ELITE level you need to have enough FAME, stars and beat a time trial target time.

It should be something someone's posted a picture of before.

I say should, because it's the last car that's not turned up yet from the list I have, but it was an early list and you never know I guess.

If it is, it is a new manufacturer to the game.

And yeah the camera shake kie said before was to turn it off, so it is smoother, removes the effect people mistake for judder. I like it, adds to sense of speed, but I've not seen the flip side so :p

Edit: I just took a peek at Twitter, Paul has said 4 new manufacturers in the new expansion, so I'd say odds are the missing car will turn up, I believe someone on here has an affiliation with them. There were also 2 other manufacturers on the list that didn't have any cars associated with them. One is Japanese. Hmmmm :p

Also to unlock each ELITE level you need to have enough FAME, stars and beat a time trial target time.

Interesting!

Yeah, better than firing up the game and being automatically boosted to the max level because I've well exceeded the previous level limit.

Venom Hot Lap 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 here we come.

Bring it on!!!

I really should clean up and get the last of my stars, I am missing on average about 6-7 in about 50% of the tours

Nyx

Right now they have a fixed amount of lobbies open at any given time. When private lobbies kick in that number will skyrocket, and it will cause big problems for the servers again.

My guess.

Sounds reasonable.

It would get my m8s racing again though, they don't like to finish last in the regular lobbies. (and they do....)

Bring it on!!!

I really should clean up and get the last of my stars, I am missing on average about 6-7 in about 50% of the tours

As someone with 945/945 ( correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is it ) i'm ready for those elite levels.

Glad they realised that many of us already have enough points for LV 80 or more since we do play a lot.

Ted

My guess.

Surely not?

They have a fixed number of events but there must be multiple lobbies per event (based presumably on entrants) else at some point when playing I would have received an "event full" notification, particularly on an India event post PS+ launch.

I hope they come soon but I think they might have missed the boat for most folk now. I personally think they should have had them ready for the PS+ launch really. That would have been a great opportunity to develop the online user base simply through player connection but oh well.

Yeah you'd think they're all separate. I mean you could have one mega lobby that all instances of races run off, but not sure that'd work well for the syncing process.

Either way I wouldn't expect player count to drastically jump.

Also Rushy backtracked on 4 new manufacturers in next pack, he meant just 4 different ones.

farmerboy

If you need friends to compete against, feel free to add me. PSN Sirenty

DON'T DO IT PEOPLE!

He is a shark, believe me. :)

Guilty Confession - sometimes I trawl the challenges looking for low populated ones where I know I can be competitive or beat the time. Not always, I like seeing where I fit in the bigger challenges with quick times too. It's just sometimes it's nice to come in the top 3 or even win one. Am I alone in this?

But then Sirenty finds me and makes it his mission to put me in my place. I'm convinced that he may even slow down as he crosses the line just to make the margin smaller thereby infuriating me even more. It's getting to the point where I can hear him laughing. It's a major torment I tell you.

Here's hoping we get the chance to laugh about it in party chat one day - cos it's all in good fun. ;-)

farmerboy

Oh, a bit of Batman, a bit of pCARS, a bit of "ps4 was in for repairs" and a bit of hectic lifestyle/kids/work means not much time for DC lately.

But I still love it and am eagerly anticipating private lobbies. Last time I was on it some guy beat me in a challenge by about .3 of a sec. Fancy that hey!? Happens to me all the time!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Is there a recruitment doc or something for clubs?

Top Bottom