• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Makikou

Ugh, 60 races to win and then i would have platinum'd the game. Just can't stand the grind. Granted that'll be closer to ~45 when i have finished Velocity.

IKizzLE

Lack of custom lobbies and private servers really destroyed the online community.

A vibrant and engaged community would of done wonders with selling a ton of dlc content.

xrnzaaas

Ugh, 60 races to win and then i would have platinum'd the game. Just can't stand the grind. Granted that'll be closer to ~45 when i have finished Velocity.

You do realize you can choose one of the shortest circuits (45-50 seconds per lap) and start finishing one lap races?

UV-6

The post support for this game is fantastic. Reminds me of Burnout: Paradise. There was always something to look forward to. Good job Evolution.

xrnzaaas

FaEF5GX.png

My money is on McLaren 675LT and Lambo Aventador SV. :)

kie25

Congrats, lol at the end :D.

After seeing that video I really wannt to play Driveclub with a wheel.

Yes it's good but so much harder than pad, after my break from the game it really shows just how much harder it is, I'm so far away from where I was. I'd say it would take me few weeks solid playing Driveclub to get close to how fast I was, hopefully if I can just keep playing hour or so every few days it will come back.

Lol, so now we are just adding legit race cars?
Half those cars aren't even street legal. Welp....I'll take it!!
Yeah, I dunno, little bit of a shame I think.

Would rather different cars than just souped up versions of cars we already have. Depends on how they behave I guess!

Curious where the Megane will sit. It'd wipe the floor with any hot hatch but will be sluggish for the next group up.

I had the 250 for a couple of years when it came out and was hella-fun.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I added PDogg, Tommi_84, Denur, and Lukas_Japonicus

Feel free to add me: SuikoSword

On a similarly related note, who is running the the PSN User DRIVECLUB-GAF?
How often does he/she check for requests?

Makikou

Lol, so now we are just adding legit race cars?
Half those cars aren't even street legal. Welp....I'll take it!!

Pretty sure all of them are street legal, but Ferrari atleast does not allow FXX car run anywhere else except their own track events for those who have rare access.

P1 GTR is just super rare, with only 35 being made.

Nismo GT-R is definetly road legal as is the Megane.

kie25

I have a feeling the Ferrari Fxx k may just be king on certain tracks, it's got nearly 100bhp more than the standard la Ferrari, but runs on Pirelli slick tyres, with more race car technology being used, on ferrari test track it went 5 seconds faster than the la Ferrari, I'm gona be hot lapping this thing as I can see some records getting beat.

Makikou

I have a feeling the Ferrari Fxx k may just be king on certain tracks, it's got nearly 100bhp more than the standard la Ferrari, but runs on Pirelli slick tyres, with more race car technology being used, on ferrari test track it went 5 seconds faster than the la Ferrari, I'm gona be hot lapping this thing as I can see some records getting beat.

Laferrari has around 740bhp while the FXX K version has 1035bhp, so a bit more than 100bhp :D

(According to wikipedia)

kie25

Laferrari has around 740bhp while the FXX K version has 1035bhp, so a bit more than 100bhp :D

(According to wikipedia)

La Ferrari has 950 bhp as it has kers

The Fxx k has 850bhp plus 180bhp kers

The LaFerrari's mid-mounted 6.3-litre V12 engine is electrically assisted by Ferrari's HY-KERS system to deliver a total power output of 950bhp. It's enough to make the LaFerrari's rumoured top speed of 227mph a realistic posibility and to see the car past 62mph in under three seconds.

So it's about 80bhp more ;)

Tommi84

After Facebook

The latest ‪#‎DRIVECLUB‬ Game Update is now available to download!

As always it's your feedback is at the heart of everything we're adding to the game, so please keep sharing your feedback with us. We have more updates, features and cars in the works to keep DRIVECLUB fresh for you long after July!

Our 20th update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new 'Random event' feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements to the game based on your feedback.

This game update also paves the way for the new PlayStation®Store updates coming on July 28 worldwide. http://youtu.be/yCSJesRDWXQ

Here are the full details of Update 1.20:

Download & installation:
» The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can "Check for Updates" on PS4 for the game).
» The update size is 0.5GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.84GB.

What's included in Update 1.20:
» ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You'll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
» New 'Random Event' in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It's perfect for creating new Challenges!
» Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
» New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
» Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
» New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
» New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you're looking for.
» Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
» Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
» Stunning new ‪#‎PS4share‬ photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://bit.ly/1I4UI8V).
» Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.20 Add-ons (available for download from PlayStation®Store on July 28 worldwide):

» Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
» The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
» The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
» Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
» The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
» Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
» Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.

What else we're working on (stuff coming after 1.20):

» Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
» DRIVECLUB companion app: We'll have more news on this soon.
» More free cars: There isn't a new free car coming in July but we've got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
» More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
» More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.

I like the Random event option and glad that I have all 945stars right now ;)

Denur

Yes it's good but so much harder than pad, after my break from the game it really shows just how much harder it is, I'm so far away from where I was. I'd say it would take me few weeks solid playing Driveclub to get close to how fast I was, hopefully if I can just keep playing hour or so every few days it will come back.
I use a wheel (T300 with T3PA pedals) and wonder what you think that makes it so much harder? In other words, what can Evolution Studios do to make it a more level/fair playing field between wheel and controller users? And can you somewhat quantify "so much harder", e.g. how much slower, in percentage, are your lap times?

kie25

I use a wheel (T300 with T3PA pedals) and wonder what you think that makes it so much harder? In other words, what can Evolution Studios do to make it a more level/fair playing field between wheel and controller users? And can you somewhat quantify "so much harder", e.g. how much slower, in percentage, are your lap times?

The actual lap times probably isn't that great as if you fully used to the wheel it seems equal ish, pad will always have advantages on games with arcade handling, wheel is more suited to games like project cars. The big difference for me is the assistance the pad gets when the bk end gets slightly loose, on a wheel it's much harder to catch a slide than a pad, for example drifting on a wheel is 100 times harder than on a pad. I'd say what they have done is added maybe slight more cornering assistance etc to pad over wheel. 1 thing for me that would help greatly is some proper options on the wheel like saturation throttle sensitivity wheel weight etc, as although the force feedback changes weight slightly it would be great to change these things separate. Project cars is very customisable in this department but clearly this approach would not go with Driveclub, but I remember Grid autosport had loads options to alter stuff, it may not make it faster but it would make it more comfortable to play after a few weeks away from the game. What would be Amazing is if they added some new options like No Traction control and ABS, TC really annoys me sometimes as you can feel it holding you bk, but who knows what they will add in the future I've given plenty ideas last time I visited the studio so there is always a possibility they may add a hardcore mode, although I wouldn't put money on it.

Denur

The big difference for me is the assistance the pad gets when the bk end gets slightly loose, on a wheel it's much harder to catch a slide than a pad, for example drifting on a wheel is 100 times harder than on a pad.
Yes, that is my idea too. I've never been a good drifter (also not in e.g. Gran Turismo) and find it near impossible to get three stars on the drift events (unless I put a lot of effort in it). So, are you saying that Evo modeled the wheel too well, or not well enough?

kie25

Yes, that is my idea too. I've never been a good drifter (also not in e.g. Gran Turismo) and find it near impossible to get three stars on the drift events (unless I put a lot of effort in it). So, are you saying that Evo modeled the wheel too well, or not well enough?

Don't think it's case that they didn't model it well enough, just think the pad has more assistance, but this seems the way now days, even f12015 pad still had more traction when no assist are on, even after the 2014 game that basically destroyed league racing on the game, as the pad had x2 the traction. It's much more fun on the wheel though, as on pad I just don't get the same immersion.

ZalXII

So how do the elite levels work? You get some additional time trial or what?
You have a target with car, track and time in your profile, set up the time trial manually and beat the time. That's all.

Does anyone know why Level 66 and upwards is locked? Liveries are already in place.

Edit: Game looks boring to me with camera shake turned off. Random Events would be better with options for Race, TT or Drift only Events and maybe some kind of re-shuffle option during an event.

Wasn't it mentioned by Evo/Rushy that this month we will be getting a FWD Hot Hatch car? Other cars most likely won't 'fit' the Hatches ;)
I think he just said it was a FWD and a hatchback.

And hatchback doesn't automatically mean it'll be in Hot Hatch - A45 is a hatchback for example.

But kie saying it is - so it is!

It's gonna be too good for Hot Hatch I think. Or it should be anyway. Maybe kie can chime in on that.

The 250 I had drove on rails, incredible grip in that thing so I'll look forward to comparing.

Hey, Rushy. Do you have any idea why the Driveclub updates take so long to prepare?
Presumably the PS4 is scanning and verifying the content you already have against what is available for download.

Perhaps calculating hashes of the files etc.

You have a target with car, track and time in your profile, set up the time trial manually and beat the time. That's all.

Does anyone know why Level 66 and upwards is locked? Liveries are already in place.

The requirements for elite level 61 that show up for me are all green/checked, which implies that they are fulfilled, yet i'm still at level 60. Is it supposed to be like that?

ZalXII

The requirements for elite level 61 that show up for me are all green/checked, which implies that they are fulfilled, yet i'm still at level 60. Is it supposed to be like that?
Yes it is, just weird color flagging i suppose. They change once fulfilled which was always after the successful time trial for me.

Auctopus

Is it because you haven't got every star for the tour? You need 945 to unlock Level 66, that's what's happened with me.

This is the first update where I haven't gone straight to top level, it's sort of nice. The new liveries are pretty good too.

Duallusion

I always wanted the random event option id DC and will no doubt be using it alot but it would be even better if you could narrow it down with *at least* some of these options:

- type(s) of events
- car class(es)
- from/to time of day
- min/max number of laps

EDIT: Oh, and it'd be nice if you weren't dumped back to the main menu after each random event but could just choose another random event right after the last one.

PDogg

Neo Member

I'm in the same boat, all objectives complete but still at level 60. I've been told you just need to finish that event for it register and you will level up.

Top Bottom