• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Stacey

Banned
Quick question.

I lost access to my launch copy of the game, phoned sony, its being investigated, etc etc.....

If I purchase the PS+ upgrade will my save carry over?

Denur

Made it to level 65. Evolution Studios set some pretty hard targets for these latest time trial challenges. I like that a lot. :happy:

Quick question.

I lost access to my launch copy of the game, phoned sony, its being investigated, etc etc.....

If I purchase the PS+ upgrade will my save carry over?

Assuming your disc and download will be from the same region, there will be no problem. You'll have to erase the disc install and replace it with the download one, though. You won't be able to download the digital game if it detects a disc install of the same game. Pretty stupid system.

Leunam

There not proper race cars they are track day cars, they are in same catagory as the 599 and the zonda r . There far from full race cars.

And I hope the game stays away from those cars for good. I can't get behind people wanting LMP1 or open wheel Formula cars. Doesn't fit the spirit of the game.

1.20 update has a lot of good stuff, kudos Evo

Get those private lobbies working and resolve the glitches that sporadically get party members kicked out of carrying over to consecutive MP events and you will have perfected the game for me

kie25

And I hope the game stays away from those cars for good. I can't get behind people wanting LMP1 or open wheel Formula cars. Doesn't fit the spirit of the game.

I'd really like them to add race cars open wheel, touring, gt cars etc as long as they create separate leaderboards think it would be great, open wheel formula car on the point 2 points would be amazing. I hope 1 day that would happen, I suggested it when I went evo but it was just my suggestion so the chances are very limited.

I'd really like them to add race cars open wheel, touring, gt cars etc as long as they create separate leaderboards think it would be great, open wheel formula car on the point 2 points would be amazing. I hope 1 day that would happen, I suggested it when I went evo but it was just my suggestion so the chances are very limited.
Probably a bit too niche I think.

I've not played in a little while, been on F1 a bit and other things and man I'm rusty. Also camera shake off is just weird. Not feeling the bumps and dips in the road is meh, don't like it :p

Makes it feel a bit floaty.

kie25

Probably a bit too niche I think.

I've not played in a little while, been on F1 a bit and other things and man I'm rusty. Also camera shake off is just weird. Not feeling the bumps and dips in the road is meh, don't like it :p

Makes it feel a bit floaty.

It's miles better with it off I can't play the game now with it on.

Level 65 now. The game is smooooooth with the camara shake turned off....I like it. When you played DC right after PC it always seemed like there was a frame rate issue while it was actually the shake effect. Glad they included the possibility to switch it off. ( now please give us a Lotus Elise in a future update....you hear me Rushy....pretty please!)

NewDust

Is there a list of the Elite timetrial/stars requirements? I would like to knock those TT out of the way. I already had level 61 done, but for 62 it is:

LEVEL 62
- Asagari Highway V2
- Mazzanti Evantra
- 1:21:500

- 90 stars

- 32,787,500 Fame

LEVEL 63
- Loch Duich - Reversed
- Audi RS6 Avant
- 1:30:500

- 135 Stars

- 35,247,500 Fame

LEVEL 64
- Skjolden
- RUF RGT 8
- 1:41:500

- 180 Stars

- 37,897,500 Fame

Edit: added level 63 and 64 requirements

So looking at the patch notes they already hired new people?

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/850422698375425:0
Well the track creator won't make itself.

Also, on the new Photo Mode frames. 'Worn' is nice, but I'd like it to be out of Frames and alongside Noise - depending on the image it can be too overpowering so need the % slider.

A workaround perhaps would be two Frames - Heavily Worn (as it is now) and a Lightly Worn that's more transparent.

kie25

Level 65 now. The game is smooooooth with the camara shake turned off....I like it. When you played DC right after PC it always seemed like there was a frame rate issue while it was actually the shake effect. Glad they included the possibility to switch it off. ( now please give us a Lotus Elise in a future update....you hear me Rushy....pretty please!)

Yes this was my experience and why I messaged Jamie the community director, after sending them a few videos to highlight what I was talking about few weeks later I got invite to try it without the camera shake and it felt miles better, also saw all the cars coming next week months ago had to keep silent though as I was under strict orders :)

Yes this was my experience and why I messaged Jamie the community director, after sending them a few videos to highlight what I was talking about few weeks later I got invite to try it without the camera shake and it felt miles better, also saw all the cars coming next week months ago had to keep silent though as I was under strict orders :)

Ah, so we have you to thank for this option. The camera shake never bothered me until i started switching from PC to DC....very strange effect.

Btw, I enjoy your smooth driving in the videos you post. My own driving style is way to aggressive to be competitive.

kie25

Ah, so we have you to thank for this option. The camera shake never bothered me until i started switching from PC to DC....very strange effect.

Btw, I enjoy your smooth driving in the videos you post. My own driving style is way to aggressive to be competitive.

Wouldn't say it was down to me alone there was a few people saying the same thing as I was on twitter, think they just wanted to make the game as good as they can for everyone. I've said it a few times evo really listen to the community more than any other studio.

Leunam

They certainly do. Most of the tracks are very reminiscent to those use for hillclimb events.

The tracks may fit, but not the great majority of cars we've gotten so far. When I think of the name Driveclub, I picture a group of people who got together to race production cars and bought more cars after making some money off of wins. Driving around in cars that require race engineers or a pit crew takes away from that feel for me.

kie25

Na, you just on a whole other level son.

No they were maybe slightly harder than 3 star times but not that hard most people who are used to the tracks etc and play Driveclub could have done the times within 3 laps, all times were 1st lap for me I just stayed on a few to set faster times think the Audi one i posted before was my 6-7th lap I set 1.27.666.

Good news though is that I think they may get harder every month ;)

kie25

The tracks may fit, but not the great majority of cars we've gotten so far. When I think of the name Driveclub, I picture a group of people who got together to race production cars and bought more cars after making some money off of wins. Driving around in cars that require race engineers or a pit crew takes away from that feel for me.

If your separating race cars if they ever did add them which to be fair would be allot work as it would mean new leaderboards etc, I don't see the issue as they would only be racing other race cars and if you didn't want to race them you just leave them alone, I really hope they add them at some point but like I said before I wouldn't bet on it.

IKizzLE

Before they even think about adding race cars, they need to start recording and displaying lap times at the end of races, on and offline. Only racing game I've ever played that doesn't do it. Boggles the mind.

lordxar

Ooh camera shake off was something I didn't realize I needed. Looks so much smoother. May experiment but I like it already. Random event rules! One change I'd like however is an ok button instead of being sent directly to the event. I like time trials and drifting but don't race unless I have to. So some stop gap between clicking and event would make this much better. Either way I love random!

Curufinwe

I have rubber bands on my left stick and R2 and my car driving in a circle in a split screen 2-player game. Hopefully when I wake up I'll have the Far Far Away trophy.

Top Bottom