• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Still working on that one - need to find at least two more seconds on a course I thought I already knew just fine. And your average speed challenge times are showing me I've got plenty of room for improvement.

There are 3 mais points that will make anyone lose time:
-the first corner
-the 90° corner ( where you need to brake )
-After the long straight where you need to slow down in order to not go flying.

I was struggling like crazy untill i realised that i could take more risks on the 90° corner.

Now that i'ts done i have no desire to go back an improve my run. i really don't like this race.

There are 3 mais points that will make anyone lose time:
-the first corner
-the 90° corner ( where you need to brake )
-After the long straight where you need to slow down in order to not go flying.

I was struggling like crazy untill i realised that i could take more risks on the 90° corner.

Now that i'ts done i have no desire to go back an improve my run. i really don't like this race.
Yeah, your average speed challenge time after the first set of corners is telling me I need to risk more there, and am definitely hitting the brakes too hard before that fast uphill bend, but its instinct telling me that if I didn't I'd break orbit ;p

I've hit the wall for now, but I'm a persistent bastard. And am loving these level based challenges so far.

Yeah, your average speed challenge time after the first set of corners is telling me I need to risk more there, and am definitely hitting the brakes too hard before that fast uphill bend, but its instinct telling me that if I didn't I'd break orbit ;p

I've hit the wall for now, but I'm a persistent bastard. And am loving these level based challenges so far.
No braking in the snake-y bends leading up to the orbit ramp. That's what saved me the time.

Need to get your cornering angles right or you have to brake.

ZalXII

Different car but maybe it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzx6V7KGaI

I think, where most poeple really lose much time is the midsection after the 90° and before the (almost) jump. You can drive at full speed through this section with most cars up to hyper class. Also, try to full speed the right corner after the jump, just as i do in this video with a much faster car, don't hesitate to cut the grass a little. Not too much though, that'll end in a penalty.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna go back to this game soon guys, and with the Season Pass finally. Are you still playing each other online?

Because I much rather fair races.

Different car but maybe it helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzx6V7KGaI

I think, where most poeple really lose much time is the midsection after the 90° and before the (almost) jump. You can drive at full speed through this section with most cars up to hyper class. Also, try to full speed the right corner after the jump, just as i do in this video with a much faster car, don't hesitate to cut the grass a little. Not too much though, that'll end in a penalty.

Thanks for all the tips - and the video!

Here's a video of the track with the exact car, courtesy of our favourite world record setting GAFer, kie25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFAIdhMrq74

NeoRausch

Late to the party, but:

5wual.jpg

Just in time for the "united in speed"-dlc pack.

kie25

Pffffft Kie be slippin he is pretty much around 3rd to 6th on most tracks these days.

Not that I can get anywhere close anyway.
That was after 5 laps mate have you looked at the evo challenge in Enzo ;) I'll get the top spot on the Audi one later I only spent 10 mins on that.

kie25

Will have another video uploading in few hours from the Tamil 1 evo challenge managed to take 2nd spot behind my team mate eb4 both us managed to beat the venom hotlap 3 star time using the slowest hyper car the ruf :) I'll
Get it posted on here when it's uploaded.

Would be a good challenge to see what's the slowest car you can beat the 1.16 time in that as it was hard in the ruf.

knavish

Will have another video uploading in few hours from the Tamil 1 evo challenge managed to take 2nd spot behind my team mate eb4 both us managed to beat the venom hotlap 3 star time using the slowest hyper car the ruf :) I'll
Get it posted on here when it's uploaded.

Would be a good challenge to see what's the slowest car you can beat the 1.16 time in that as it was hard in the ruf.

Didn't venom hot lap 2 take you like 15 hours? I think DJW got an equal time to you in 15 mins.

Also Button would like to see if you can take his time on the first lap on SKNO 1,2 and 3 tracks all in 10 mins....on the first lap remember :) If you want a challenge that is....

When private lobbies are released True Talent team would like to challenge your team to some races. With Time Trials you can restart if you make a mistake, you cant do that in MP and in my opinion MP is the true test of a racer.

kie25

Didn't venom hot lap 2 take you like 15 hours? I think DJW got an equal time to you in 15 mins.

Also Button would like to see if you can take his time on the first lap on SKNO 1,2 and 3 tracks all in 10 mins....on the first lap remember :) If you want a challenge that is....

When private lobbies are released True Talent team would like to challenge your team to some races. With Time Trials you can restart if you make a mistake, you cant do that in MP and in my opinion MP is the true test of a racer.

Are you aware that venom wet lap got a glitch where the track is dry in 1st half lap now it's a bug that happened after few updates back, DJW knows about the glitch as me and him worked it out, evo are aware of if, I'm only on Driveclub every now and then and eb4 is hardly on, I do few Time trials on Driveclub that's all, online multiplayer on Driveclub not my thing, and I know eb4 doesn't do online racing.

knavish

Are you aware that venom wet lap got a glitch where the track is dry in 1st half lap now it's a bug that happened after few updates back, DJW knows about the glitch as me and him worked it out, evo are aware of if, I'm only on Driveclub every now and then and eb4 is hardly on, I do few Time trials on Driveclub that's all, online multiplayer on Driveclub not my thing, and I know eb4 doesn't do online racing.

why don't you guys race? shame as we wanted to see how fast you guys are in real racing..... not even when private lobbies are out?

surely the Gaf would like to see the winner (TRP_Button) and 2nd (DJW) place of the GAF rally, that DHC Shannow kindly created, vs Kie and his team.

knavish

DJ and I were chatting about the glitch on the venom hot lap 2. Im sure you said on here that you streamed for like 3 days on that lap and that was before the glitch no???? It was before the glitch that he equalled your time didn't he?

kie25

No after the glitch I'm not being funny but who cares how long stuff takes I use in car view with a wheel that is very hard in heavy rain, also I've raced DJW loads I respect him he is fast and I'm sure he would agree were very equal racing, also there is only 3 of our team active and I'm only doing the odd evo challenge and a few tts on Driveclub as I'm playing project cars and F1 aswell

knavish

No after the glitch I'm not being funny but who cares how long stuff takes I use in car view with a wheel that is very hard in heavy rain, also I've raced DJW loads I respect him he is fast and I'm sure he would agree were very equal racing, also there is only 3 of are team active and I'm only doing the odd evo challenge and a few tts on Driveclub as I'm playing project cars and F1 aswell

DJ's improved immensely since you raced together. We'd be happy to do a 3v3. We can fit around your guys schedule. Would have been awesome for DC fans on the gaf to see IMHO...shame that you're not up for it.

DJ's adamant it was definitely before the glitch

Dont get me wrong i am not trying to start a beef with you we just want to race you guys

kie25

I'm just not really interested in online racing on Driveclub that's why I've never really bothered with it, I prefer TTs and evo challenges etc, I do most my racing on project cars, Driveclub for me is more suited to time trials and challenges.

I'd also like to say I've never once said I'm faster than DJW he would probably destroy me as I've hardly played Driveclub in last few months, the transistion from Driveclub and project cars is not easy add F1 in and it's very hard to keep on pace in all the games. But I'd like to point out after button sent me a very childish message ive never once claimed to be faster than him or DJW I just post my laps to share with people, I'm sure some people enjoy watching them, also button claims I can't race yet I have no problem on project cars where I do a fair bit racing. I'm baffled why I received the message of button I've not mentioned or spoke to him in ages, he for some reason doesn't like me posting videos on here which is strange as it doesn't effect him at all.

knavish

I'm just not really interested in online racing on Driveclub that's why I've never really bothered with it, I prefer TTs and evo challenges etc, I do most my racing on project cars, Driveclub for me is more suited to time trials and challenges.

fair enough just would have been cool to see

knavish

I'd also like to say I've never once said I'm faster than DJW he would probably destroy me as I've hardly played Driveclub in last few months, the transistion from Driveclub and project cars is not easy add F1 in and it's very hard to keep on pace in all the games. But I'd like to point out after button sent me a very childish message ive never once claimed to be faster than him or DJW I just post my laps to share with people, I'm sure some people enjoy watching them, also button claims I can't race yet I have no problem on project cars where I do a fair bit racing. I'm baffled why I received the message of button I've not mentioned or spoke to him in ages, he for some reason doesn't like me posting videos on here which is strange as it doesn't effect him at all.

I think some people would also enjoy seeing some good racing rather than just time trails where you can restart every time you make a mistake.

Just to be clear I dont think button has ever said you cant race has he?

kie25

Not directly no but after this message I just deleted him he needs to grow up he is like a 12 year old, it's a game I upload videos for people to enjoy also to help people to see where they can go faster, I would upload Driveclub multiplayer but it's not for me at the moment, me and DJW will be doing private races he knows that when they come, but a club race won't happen as eb4 just does time trials and TRP button won't be coming in my lobbies as I can't stand him, very childish.

Here is a link to the message he sent me because I post videos on here https://twitter.com/kieran_30/status/625109541978533888

Auctopus

Not directly no but after this message I just deleted him he needs to grow up he is like a 12 year old, it's a game I upload videos for people to enjoy also to help people to see where they can go faster, I would upload Driveclub multiplayer but it's not for me at the moment, me and DJW will be doing private races he knows that when they come, but a club race won't happen as eb4 just does time trials and TRP button won't be coming in my lobbies as I can't stand him, very childish.

Here is a link to the message he sent me because I post videos on here https://twitter.com/kieran_30/status/625109541978533888

I remember I first heard of button on here cause he was sending PSN messages to another forum member about how he shouldn't post videos in the Driveclub thread cause he's shit.

Makikou

Ooh, getting a bit salty in here. Took a while enough anyways.
Anyways, raced with Button. Didn't enjoy it. I should remove him from friends anyways.

kie25

I remember I first heard of button on here cause he was sending PSN messages to another forum member about how he shouldn't post videos in the Driveclub thread cause he's shit.

I lost all respect for him ages ago when I was in the club he is in now, I've seen him deliberately taking people out online, even once he took out 1 of his now current team mates arsenal kid, he has had this attitude since grid, I've had countless messages complaining about him when I was club owner. He needs to take some lessons of DJW who fast and not a idiot, DJW drives clean and is respectful to people.

I think it's pretty natural for all the top guys to have ego's, afterall they are better than 99.9% of us - no-one has ever accused F1 drivers of being modest!

I've only really raced against DJW so can't really comment on how the other guys are online, DJW is an absolute gent however - he took the blame for our collision on the last corner of this race and tries to hand me back the win.

https://youtu.be/LLnl7f7bnm8

kie25

I think it's pretty natural for all the top guys to have ego's, afterall they are better than 99.9% of us - no-one has ever accused F1 drivers of being modest!

I've only really raced against DJW so can't really comment on how the other guys are online, DJW is an absolute gent however - he took the blame for our collision on the last corner of this race and tries to hand me back the win.

https://youtu.be/LLnl7f7bnm8

DJW is a proper racer who I respect loads, button is just a child who is bitter simple, on project I post my videos with full setups so other people can improve and go faster. Button has always acted like this he is a idiot, plus I wouldn't compare real life f1 drivers to people on psn, it's not really comparable, psn is a place to have fun and play games, f1 is a multi million pound sport, but I understand what your saying.

Dude sounds salty as hell in that PSN message, lol.

I did have thoughts about running a league competition once private lobbies arrive but can you imagine the arguments you'd have to contend with when peeps crash - don't fancy that much!

DJW is a proper racer who I respect loads, button is just a child who is bitter simple, on project I post my videos with full setups so other people can improve and go faster. Button has always acted like this he is a idiot, plus I wouldn't compare real life f1 drivers to people on psn, it's not really comparable, psn is a place to have fun and play games, f1 is a multi million pound sport, but I understand what your saying.

I think DC is one of the few places where it is a completely level playing field, essentially there's no better car / better setup excuses to be used.

You've got quite a following from your vids and posts here on Gaf so are probably the most famous DC player - it makes you the target to beat.

kie25

I did have thoughts about running a league competition once private lobbies arrive but can you imagine the arguments you'd have to contend with when peeps crash - don't fancy that much!

I think DC is one of the few places where it is a completely level playing field, essentially there's no better car / better setup excuses to be used.

You've got quite a following from your vids and posts here on Gaf so are probably the most famous DC player - it makes you the target to beat.

I'll be doing private races but doubt I'll be doing league racing on Driveclub it's not really a game that suites league racing really. It would be good to have a few races with other people without idiots ruining races. Both me and DJW have had great races in past so will be great to get some races with him again. Hopefully we can get more races like this.

http://youtu.be/CnH7hz-dC1s

knavish

Are you sure you're not talking about Redcommao?

Let me put this straight is that Button is one of the nicest guys you can meet. He's helped me loads and is genuinely always looking to help people. What pissed him off was the fact that Kie was saying that it only took him a few goes to get some world records and he thought that it was wrong to lie.

I've been in True Talent for ages now and its because of Button that I've got to know everyone really well and classify them as friends, the only one who never bothered was actually Kie. I'm sure its because Kie was playing other games but the way you've put Button across makes him sound like a bad guy and that's totally false. Kie and Button were in the same team (just for context)

To be honest I am sure everyone has had messages on PSN and trust me Kie ones sent to me have been much worse than the one Button sent to you. I've had racist shit thrown at me before..... some pretty vile stuff. I've also said stuff in anger I'm not proud of in return.

Is that dry glitch just that event, or in general? Because sometimes I've often felt like the opening of wet events despite seeing a sodden track can be a lot more grip-heavy.

But things can often just be all in the mind, it could just be I'm not pushing as hard at the start getting acclimatised when push too hard later on etc.

kie25

Is that dry glitch just that event, or in general? Because sometimes I've often felt like the opening of wet events despite seeing a sodden track can be a lot more grip-heavy.

But things can often just be all in the mind, it could just be I'm not pushing as hard at the start getting acclimatised when push too hard later on etc.

Yes it's on most wet tour events.

kie25

Are you sure you're not talking about Redcommao?

Let me put this straight is that Button is one of the nicest guys you can meet. He's helped me loads and is genuinely always looking to help people. What pissed him off was the fact that Kie was saying that it only took him a few goes to get some world records and he thought that it was wrong to lie.

I've been in True Talent for ages now and its because of Button that I've got to know everyone really well and classify them as friends, the only one who never bothered was actually Kie. I'm sure its because Kie was playing other games but the way you've put Button across makes him sound like a bad guy and that's totally false.

To be honest I am sure everyone has had messages on PSN and trust me Kie ones sent to me have been much worse than the one Button sent to you. I've had racist shit thrown at me before..... some pretty vile stuff. I've also said stuff in anger I'm not proud of in return.

If you look I said some take hours some take few mins it depends on the car track event, I did say that some take hours if you read what I wrote, button is known for saying he takes 5 mins when people see him on events for hours. It's like the koenigsegg one lap I posted yesterday took about 20 mins but others take much longer I remember the evo challenge against DJW took hours. I've never once said all my times are done in few mins. Button is the guy that always says he takes 5 mins to do times, and to be fair I don't care if it takes me 5 hours if that's what I want to do it's up to me. Button is very childish trust me.

kie25

This was my reply to you the other day.

Originally Posted by knavish
but it made a huge difference to me and my times. I guess that could be down to driving style.

How long do you and eb4 take per TT?
Depends on the event and how far the battles go, I know the sunset drive battle went on a few days with maybe 20 mins - 30 mins a go on that trial, but the Audi lap I posted earlier was my 6th lap I think but that's no where near a perfect lap. Most time trials say for random
Cars can normally be done in few laps, however if there has been a challenge on the track with a car it sometimes takes longer. The tour TTs take longer sometimes normally few laps to get in top 5 but top times can take anything upto few hours, eb4 sometimes just stays on the event constantly improving his time for few hours, I've sat there for few hours before getting no where go bk on next day do it in 5mins. Driveclub is probably harder than most games for getting laps in, project cars I find I can get near perfect laps in after few mins and consistently repeat them but I think that's due to the wheel being easy to use on that game.

knavish

If you look I said some take hours some take few mins it depends on the car track event, I did say that some take hours if you read what I wrote, button is known for saying he takes 5 mins when people see him on events for hours. It's like the koenigsegg one lap I posted yesterday took about 20 mins but others take much longer I remember the evo challenge against DJW took hours. I've never once said all my times are done in few mins. Button is the guy that always says he takes 5 mins to do times, and to be fair I don't care if it takes me 5 hours if that's what I want to do it's up to me. Button is very childish trust me.

Its quote funny that two different people can have two completely different views on a person. But Button is one the nicest guys you can meet, I will totally vouch for him as will DJW and the rest of your old team True Talent.

Maybe its a clash of personalities more than anything? Its OK for two people not to like each other.

kie25

Its quote funny that two different people can have two completely different views on a person. But Button is one the nicest guys you can meet, I will totally vouch for him as will DJW and the rest of your old team True Talent.

Maybe its a clash of personalities more than anything? Its OK for two people not to like each other.

My point is I never even spoke to button months and he sends me that message loads people have issues with him mate not going to mention people as it's all stupid, if he is such a great guy why did he send me that message for no reason? I've not sent him a message before it, I clearly stated some trials take few hours, I've streamed before with anything butt watching and got top times in few laps it all depends on car, if you go on a track with a random car top times can take just 2-3 laps koenigsegg one etc can take much longer. Why he has a issue with how long a time takes is daft what does it matter.

knavish

My point is I never even spoke to button months and he sends me that message loads people have issues with him mate not going to mention people as it's all stupid, if he is such a great guy why did he send me that message for no reason? I've not sent him a message before it, I clearly stated some trials take few hours, I've streamed before with anything butt watching and got top times in few laps it all depends on car, if you go on a track with a random car top times can take just 2-3 laps koenigsegg one etc can take much longer. Why he has a issue with how long a time takes is daft what does it matter.

All I am saying is that I've got to know Button quite well and he IS a really nice guy. I've explained why he was pissed off and its do to with how you portray your skill on here. If you want to know why he has an issue ask him or DJW I'm sure they will tell you.

To be honest Kie I haven't come in here today to argue with you just to stand up for Button as your claiming he is a bad guy and you're wrong.

knavish

All I am saying is that I've got to know Button quite well and he IS a really nice guy. I've explained why he was pissed off and its do to with how you portray your skill on here. If you want to know why he has an issue ask him or DJW I'm sure they will tell you.

To be honest Kie I haven't come in here today to argue with you just to stand up for Button as your claiming he is a bad guy and you're wrong.

I also think that if anyone posts WR's they should say how long its taken so to give people a realistic view on how easy/hard its been. I for one would love to have some context to WR's to see if I could ever do it.

I'll be honest it took me an hour to get the Bandipur reversed WR. 12 hours later it was taken by Button in 5 mins which I find hilarious as it proves how much better than me he is.

kie25

My point is your stating I said I do all my times in few laps when I never said that once, I clearly stated it depends, it's fine for you to think he is sound my point is don't act like a child messaging someone for posting videos, it's pathetic and childish.

kie25

I also think that if anyone posts WR's they should say how long its taken so to give people a realistic view on how easy/hard its been. I for one would love to have some context to WR's to see if I could ever do it.

I'll be honest it took me an hour to get the Bandipur reversed WR. 12 hours later it was taken by Button in 5 mins which I find hilarious as it proves how much better than me he is.
That's fine I took that koenigsegg one lap off button in 5 mins beating cozart took longer though but after 20mins I got that lap. Others like the evo challenge against DJW took ages but we had pushed it that hard we were seconds ahead of everyone else so needed a near perfect lap.

Yes but like kie has posted, and I also have had this, sometimes you can be running round for ages lap after lap struggling to improve, then you give up come back a few days later after a fresh shave and bosh - you nail it on lap 2.

So would you show session laps to get the time, or would to total it all up? As above, session time might not be so great and if you total it up, what you if you keep getting beaten but then go back on to top it again? You'd have a skewed total compared to someone who has just given it a go for the first time.

knavish

Yes but like kie has posted, and I also have had this, sometimes you can be running round for ages lap after lap struggling to improve, then you give up come back a few days later after a fresh shave and bosh - you nail it on lap 2.

So would you show session laps to get the time, or would to total it all up? As above, session time might not be so great and if you total it up, what you if you keep getting beaten but then go back on to top it again? You'd have a skewed total compared to someone who has just given it a go for the first time.

In my view would be better to have some context on how long it takes that's all. Would give all drivers a realistic view on whether its achievable and that if anyone spends hours doing TT's then WRs are achievable.

Total it up man in my view.

You are right though in saying that sometimes some time away from a track can be good. You do lap after lap and cant get near previous sector times. You leave it for a day or two and boom you nail it first time.

I am not a Time Trialer though I don't have the patience to go round and round for ages. I find MP much more intense and thrilling. I guess its a different kind of skill to be able to get past people and win races (not saying I am great at it or anything).

Top Bottom