• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Makikou

The "hardest" elite challenge so far was Marussia on Cayoosh Point, and that's mainly because of the damn car :B

Also, no racecars pls. They don't fit driveclub.

Denur

Have to disagree mate I think they were way to easy. For elite drivers they should have been much harder
It's been a while since I needed more than one or two attempts to gold a time trial. With these challenges it took me two or three attempts. But you're right, for Elite status one would expect to spend at least a few hours to beat the time.

kie25

The "hardest" elite challenge so far was Marussia on Cayoosh Point, and that's mainly because of the damn car :B

You do realise that the zonda r is basically a race car? They just nerfed it, why wouldn't you want something that is optional, no one would force you to drive them, it would be a optional expansion if they ever added them that is. I'm all for it as it's more variety, my personal view is that it will never happen. You need to think the motorstorm buggy doesn't fit really but it's one the most fun cars in the game, anything that adds more optional variety into the game I'm all for it.

Just to add on the zonda r if you look on the top gear test track the zonda r did the lap in 1.08 seconds the gumpert Apollo 1.17s this shows how much they nerfed the zonda R to not destroy the road cars.

Ooh camera shake off was something I didn't realize I needed. Looks so much smoother. May experiment but I like it already. Random event rules! One change I'd like however is an ok button instead of being sent directly to the event. I like time trials and drifting but don't race unless I have to. So some stop gap between clicking and event would make this much better. Either way I love random!
What does camera shake impact?

First person, cockpit or third-person?

kie25

ha thanks! I'm actually the slowest driver in my team.

also the move to manual really helped me in DC, i've knocked serious amounts of time off my automatic gear efforts, 12s on some tracks which is mad.

I don't think there is any great difference between auto and manual partly as the cars pull so well in lower rev ranges, look at eb4ticky my team mate who dominates the game on a pad using far camera and auto gears.

It does feel much more involving though especially on a wheel. I'm looking forward to evo adding support for the shifter, I got given a brand new one by Jamie last time I went, it's great fun on project cars on the older cars. Would also be great as a hand brake on Driveclub might make drifting slightly better.

kie25

Best way I can say to see the difference is turn it on 100% and look at the scenery it shakes allot and looks stuttery, then put it off and now look probably more noticeable from dash camera etc. Effects all views though.

knavish

I don't think there is any great difference between auto and manual partly as the cars pull so well in lower rev ranges, look at eb4ticky my team mate who dominates the game on a pad using far camera and auto gears.

It does feel much more involving though especially on a wheel. I'm looking forward to evo adding support for the shifter, I got given a brand new one by Jamie last time I went, it's great fun on project cars on the older cars. Would also be great as a hand brake on Driveclub might make drifting slightly better.

but it made a huge difference to me and my times. I guess that could be down to driving style.

How long do you and eb4 take per TT?

kie25

but it made a huge difference to me and my times. I guess that could be down to driving style.

How long do you and eb4 take per TT?

Depends on the event and how far the battles go, I know the sunset drive battle went on a few days with maybe 20 mins - 30 mins a go on that trial, but the Audi lap I posted earlier was my 6th lap I think but that's no where near a perfect lap. Most time trials say for random
Cars can normally be done in few laps, however if there has been a challenge on the track with a car it sometimes takes longer. The tour TTs take longer sometimes normally few laps to get in top 5 but top times can take anything upto few hours, eb4 sometimes just stays on the event constantly improving his time for few hours, I've sat there for few hours before getting no where go bk on next day do it in 5mins. Driveclub is probably harder than most games for getting laps in, project cars I find I can get near perfect laps in after few mins and consistently repeat them but I think that's due to the wheel being easy to use on that game.

-Amon-

Ummmm so what approach do you guys take to Hyper cars? Jesus.

Brake early, coast in the corners, start feeding throttle later and gentlier than you think you should. Go on like that till you can manage 5 laps with zero errors.

Once you achieve that, start being more brave with braking points and throttle application till you start making mistakes. When it happens, step back a little till you can achieve 5 laps with zero errors. Rinse and repeat till the point you are no more able to go faster without making mistakes, because you have reached your limit ( or are too bored to continue ).

Remember, speed without consistency means nothing.

-Amon-

My guess is that with a pad, using cars that have traction problems on corner exit, manual transmission can help, exiting a corner on 3rd gear instead of 2nd can make a world of difference, expecially in online races where every mistakes count.

Time attack does not count of course, you can restart at every mistake.

I thought that was quite easy. I screwed up hard and still bested the time.

The Audi one was the hardest for me, as evident in the last rally Scotland is a weak spot for me. I was also trying to do other things which didn't help!

I think they were probably a good starting point.

Everything, I found I missed the effect less in cockpit views but didn't like it at all in chase. Felt too glued to the back of the car.

T_Exige

For me the Audi lap was the hardest, followed by the Ruf.
It look a few times, but reached 65.

The Zonda R and the Koenigsegg ONE:1 are strange cars in their class, maybe they should be in a higher class, that also includes the Ferrari FXX, FXX K and McLaren P1 GTR. They are too fast for their competition and are described as ultra rare trackday cars.

kie25

For me the Audi lap was the hardest, followed by the Ruf.
It look a few times, but reached 65.

The Zonda R and the Koenigsegg ONE:1 are strange cars in their class, maybe they should be in a higher class, that also includes the Ferrari FXX, FXX K and McLaren P1 GTR. They are too fast for their competition and are described as ultra rare trackday cars.

The zonda r is not overpowered though, the venom beats it on 90% the tracks, the koenigsegg one : 1 is road legal also so it's in the correct class. My guess is that the Ferrari Fxx k will be nerfed slightly like zonda r, however it may grab some records on tracks like kobago etc

The zonda r is not overpowered though, the venom beats it on 90% the tracks, the koenigsegg one : 1 is road legal also so it's in the correct class. My guess is that the Ferrari Fxx k will be nerfed slightly like zonda r, however it may grab some records on tracks like kobago etc
How did the Megane feel? Nerfed? Because if not it'll take over the GTI's slot as the go-to Hot Hatch.

And yeah wouldn't say the Zonda R deserves to be in a higher bracket at all.

Lunar FC

No they were maybe slightly harder than 3 star times but not that hard most people who are used to the tracks etc and play Driveclub could have done the times within 3 laps, all times were 1st lap for me I just stayed on a few to set faster times think the Audi one i posted before was my 6-7th lap I set 1.27.666.

Good news though is that I think they may get harder every month ;)

I wouldn't know, I'm stuck at level 59.

IKizzLE

Nerfed is the wrong word. Within the confines of the driveclub gameplay system, the zonda r is not as fast as the venom. This is not a SIM, so several of these cars overall lap times aren't indicative of real life. That does not correlate to the car being nerfed. Properties such as acceleration, top speed, grip loss, handling are not worsened for other cars to compete.

Barnzini

Neo Member
I reached 65 last night. The time trials were a good challenge and took me quite a while to knock off. The last two trials were easier for me as the RUF is my most used car and the Canadian p2p track is one of my favourites (prefer it in reverse though) in the game. Audi trial took me the longest fwiw.

I messed around with the camera shake feature and still undecided on which is better. It does feel alot smoother without but now feels a bit off (lacking that immersion factor) after getting used to the shake

krioto

I have started a new club (as last club owner does not play anymore, and won't transfer ownership) so any new players feel free to hit me up for an invite - psn same as here.

Bit annoying as i've pretty much single-handed got the club to level 42.

farmerboy

Level 65 now. The game is smooooooth with the camara shake turned off....I like it. When you played DC right after PC it always seemed like there was a frame rate issue while it was actually the shake effect. Glad they included the possibility to switch it off. ( now please give us a Lotus Elise in a future update....you hear me Rushy....pretty please!)

Good to hear, thought it was the framerate I was noticing. Look forward to checking this out myself.

Tommi84

I turned off camera shake and:
1429877350349.jpg

It's so great now.

Audi RS6 Avant was the hardest for me too, but just because of the 'bunny hop' turn and the chicane turn shortly before. When I realized that the chicane can be taken with full speed when using a different drive line, it was a little bit better. Marussia was the easiest and I would finish it in first try, but I screwed up on the last turn and lost ;D. Was able to do it with second try with two or so seconds difference.

Auctopus

I can't figure out whether I like the camera shake off or not. In one way, it's much smoother but I feel like there's a shred of immersion being lost.

I'm keeping the cameras shake set to 100%. I find that it adds to the sense of speed, and the bumpier ride makes the racing feel even more intense.

Caved and bought the season pass. Too many fine-ass cars in that thing.

Which ones should I definitely try out? Been just driving around with the GTR and Reventon so far.

Can't wait for the Nismo GTR too.

Cudder

Caved and bought the season pass. Too many fine-ass cars in that thing.

Which ones should I definitely try out? Been just driving around with the GTR and Reventon so far.

Can't wait for the Nismo GTR too.

Going through the DLC tours will make you try out all of the cars.

Pallaris

Anyone else still get glitchy sound/audio cut-out?

I'd have thought they'd fixed this by now. Still happens randomly with latest patch.

knavish

I'd have thought they'd fixed this by now. Still happens randomly with latest patch.

happens to me all the time, but also happens in the OS. think its a PS4 thing rather than just a drive club thing.

Also when the audio does cut i also lose control of my DS4, for only a less than a second but it matters when you're about to take a corner

drotahorror

ferrari FXXK video: http://youtu.be/8EKasqdwrcM

holy moly

Insane. I can't wait to drive that.

happens to me all the time, but also happens in the OS. think its a PS4 thing rather than just a drive club thing.

Also when the audio does cut i also lose control of my DS4, for only a less than a second but it matters when you're about to take a corner

That's a controller problem. Happens to both my controllers in most games. I don't use a headset but I'd imagine it would affect that. It doesn't affect any sounds coming out of my speakers. I lose control or they sticks do what they want, my audio from my mic headphone cuts and cracks and my friend can't hear what I'm saying. Then it's back to normal.

knavish

Insane. I can't wait to drive that.

That's a controller problem. Happens to both my controllers in most games. I don't use a headset but I'd imagine it would affect that. It doesn't affect any sounds coming out of my speakers. I lose control or they sticks do what they want, my audio from my mic headphone cuts and cracks and my friend can't hear what I'm saying. Then it's back to normal.

do you reckon getting a new ds4 would help? its driving me insane

drotahorror

do you reckon getting a new ds4 would help? its driving me insane

I bought a white one in March (was still using launch controller, worked just fine no peeling sticks or anything), and it drops the mic audio and causes wonky controller more than the launch one.

Here's a thread someone made the other day about it (similar atleast) - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=170268320#post170268320

There's more threads too if you look hard enough.

I don't know what will fix it. It seems like the controller doesn't have enough power or something or you'd think it happens when the battery's low. That's not it though, I can have mine wired and it still happens.

krioto

I get this randomly, but only when using headset - but I think there is something up with the sound settings, as sometimes cars can really sound great, yet other times muted. I have own car set to +3db and external noise for the cockpit, but still issues.

LV 65 get !
That audi challenge was the worst ..glad it's behind me !
Still working on that one - need to find at least two more seconds on a course I thought I already knew just fine. And your average speed challenge times are showing me I've got plenty of room for improvement.

Top Bottom