• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

dano1

A Sheep
I am having real trouble connecting online still. It all seems good until I try to join an online race and when it says syncing with other players it always times out. before anyone says its my connection I have 100meg broadband and my PS4 is in a DMZ
Its there end. Just keep trying.

Chabbles

Picked this up earlier. Had afew races as sony's slow ass network drip feeds me each track and car, downloading at dialup speed on a 75mb fibre connection. aint psn great...

First impressions on the intro race. am i playing a PS3.5 game ?, afew races later up to LvL10 and this is pure arcade racing, doesnt feel sim like at all. Afew new tracks open up and i can see the beauty of the game visually, messing with the time of day and weather conditions really changes things up too. The sense of speed, even in the mini is amazing, i wonder what the super cars will be like... now i wait for everything to download and dive into the single player events... and for a 30fps racer, it feels very smooth.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Played way past my bed time last night (last race at midnight, had to be up for work at 4.45am) and on my last race I levelled up to 40 and finally unlocked the Gumpart Apollo. Had to resist having one more race cos I know where that would lead.

So tired today, but this game man, not since PGR2 & 4 have I felt this itch to play, all other games on the back burner. Just need more stability updates for the online and we'll be set.

MrFortyFive

Picked this up yesterday and I'm really liking it despite it not being my normal cup of tea for a racing game. (I tend to stick to racing games that aren't even the slightest bit realistic). Drifting is still managing to elude me, but even with the slow cars I'm really liking the sense of speed and demanding nature of the game.

PSN ID: MrFortyFive

If anyone wants to add me.

Shaneus

What if I was to tell you it won't be the only concept car?
0NB1VhHl.jpg

?
hnnngggh

What if I was to tell you it won't be the only concept car?
I'm OK with that actually. I guess it would make more sense to have a "concept car" category so that Onyx wouldn't feel like an alien car. That poor little thing.

Maybe Polyphony will give the 3D data for the Citroen GT?

I can't remember when the first DLC will be available? Is it October or November?

dano1

A Sheep
I'm OK with that actually. I guess it would make more sense to have a "concept car" category so that Onyx wouldn't feel like an alien car. That poor little thing.

I can't remember when the first DLC will be available? Is it October or November?

November

Marussia Drift is awesome fun. Drifting is actually very well done in this game.

I must have done it about 40 times straight last night; nearly cracked that 13k. Top spot is 15k-something. Crayzay.

hello

has anyone managed to get the sky to go proper black at night on any map? i cant seem to make it happen without turning the brightness down to unplayable levels, ive tried all rgb settings. the sky looks greyish, kinda like when you start driveclub and it immediately says "evolution" well the back ground at that moment.

It is October. 1 free car, 1 free track. I don't know if it was clarified if the GTS was the car.

15226878190_fe5dccb278_o.jpg

0NB1VhHl.jpg

?
hnnngggh
Not European enough :p

Hugstable

Banned
It is October. 1 free car, 1 free track. I don't know if it was clarified if the GTS was the car.

15226878190_fe5dccb278_o.jpg

This is the DLC plan? Awesome to see that they got a year long plan, bht I hope it ia 't super expensive each month. If EVO does any compensation for having connection problems, it would be amazing if they gave out like 2 months or so of DLC for free to those who bought into the game. Honestly I just hope they get everything working soon because the game in here is insanely fun and makea a great racer to tide me over until GT7

Hugstable

Banned
What would they gift to those who bought the game and the season pass, though?

That's a good question, only thing I could think of is a reimbursement on the season pass in the form of PSN credit. And from what I read the DLC on it's on may end up being like 75$ total for the whole years worth, and with the Season Pass being 25$ I know I'm gonna want to get it sooner or later since there seems to be quite a bit of content, it's 50$ cheaper, and a racing game like this is something I play a bit of each day, but I come back to it all the time. Would be awesome if they give some of it out for free though.

What would they gift to those who bought the game and the season pass, though?
Give out the first month or two of the season pass for free, and then add two additional months of DLC to the end of the pass for those who purchased it. That way everyone gets real DLC for free, but those who bought the pass aren't shafted.

dano1

A Sheep
Give out the first month or two of the season pass for free, and then add two additional months of DLC to the end of the pass for those who purchased it. That way everyone gets real DLC for free, but those who bought the pass aren't shafted.

Good idea. I have the season pass and that would work great!

Sweet Baby Geeezus that Venom Hot Lap was intense!!!

aM1iqkHl.jpg

http://youtu.be/Edmy__lsZhE

I shall never attempt or speak of this challenge EVER again.

Are you using a thrustmaster steering wheel?

Because with the controller controlling the throttle is a bit difficult and I tend to skid and drift too much.

Man I miss my logitech pro that I used for gan turismo 5/6.

also, the first wave of dlc is set to hit this month right. what about the weather update?

Loudninja

Wait do people think it this simple?

Update after a chat to sony support

1. They reversed my "second" purchase of driveclub, pointing out "Ok, in this case we can go ahead a make an exception for you and request a refund, keep in mind that all the sales done on the PS Store are final, but this time do not worry about it, once the refund it's granted it will go back to your PS Wallet."
Note that this "refund" isn't actually a refund it IS A STORE CREDIT. Not the same thing.

2. Why can I buy it twice? because apparently one order was via the website, the other order was via the console. In my book this is called a point of sale bug, but they don't admit that.

3. Why has my copy NEVER connected ever, since the moment it finished downloading on launch day. All connections disconnect immediately?

"We are truly sorry about that inconvenience, the developer is still working on their servers for a more stable connection, some users will be able to connect online, some not yet, please allow more time since they are almost done with the maintenance. "

however, since I'm the only one whining in this topic about never getting any online functionality, I'm wondering. Has everyone else that never gets a connection just given up? why am I singled out for zero online service.
Why haven't I got the pre-order bonus notifications that other people got?

FUBAR.

ryseing

Give free DLC to everyone, cut the price of the season pass permanently and give store credit back to those who already bought it.

This is the way I'm hoping it shakes out. Give November's DLC free, cut the SP cost to $20, and if you already bought the pass, you get $10 in credit (to make up for $5 drop + losing a month of paid content).

Yopis

Just popped in to ask if they sorted the network issues yet? Would still like to buy if most of you are having success.

Namikaze

Just popped in to ask if they sorted the network issues yet? Would still like to buy if most of you are having success.

Nope. I've been trying to play online daily and the servers are still on/off all the time. Stay away a little while longer.

wowzors

Hopefully if they do some sort of compensation, its like half off the season pass, looks like they have alot planned for this game, but I am not spending another 25 on something that doesnt work

Top Bottom