• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

So reading though this OT it seems like people are generally liking the game (shoddy reviews and messy launch issues notwithstanding)?

I was on the PS store over the weekend and had an itchy trigger finger. But I smartened up and decided to wait to try the PS+ free version first.

Rodelero

So reading though this OT it seems like people are generally liking the game (shoddy reviews and messy launch issues notwithstanding)?

I was on the PS store over the weekend and had an itchy trigger finger. But I smartened up and decided to wait to try the PS+ free version first.

You're scared you won't be able to do the venom hot lap, aren't you?

Rurunaki

That free edition delay is hampering with my decision to get this game or not. If ever I'll just wait for the Black Friday Bunduru.

drotahorror

Does the driver 'level' add anything to the game (ie Matchmaking), or is it just for showing off?

Afaik people in multiplayer lobby can't even see what driver/club level you are.

Driver/player levels are for gaining new cars (which I believe the last is unlocked at level 39?), liveries, etc.

Jimrpg

Afaik people in multiplayer lobby can't even see what driver/club level you are.

Driver/player levels are for gaining new cars (which I believe the last is unlocked at level 39?), liveries, etc.

I've been checking the GAF leaderboards (I added everyone from the GAF Driveclub) and checking on everyone's levels... seems a number of you guys already got all 225 stars... impressive!!

I have to see, the start of the semi-pro race, its gotten a little easier for me, not sure why...maybe its all starting to click... feels good!

Pjsprojects

Tried it again last night to no avail. Given up and sold the game on Ebay.

Sorry but that game should not of been released in the first place. I tried every day since launch purchase to get online and not once did it work.

drotahorror

If we're talking cars we want, I want the Lamborghini Egoista.

Interior-2-Lamborghini-Egoista-2013.jpg

That cockpit view!

Is that a targeting reticle for shooting rockets? Please have rocket shooting lambos as DLC Evo. I want to get my monies worth from my season pass and have a major advantage online.

That would be hilarious to be honest.

*Online reaction "Great, he's got the freakin rocket lambo, this is BS"

I'm up to some Italy vs Germany cup where I have to choose a RUF or a Pegani... I can't control these cars for shit. You have to be so gentle on the throttle. Just when I think i've tamed the car, I get a little too confident and lose the rear.
I think online is actually fixed too. I was playing single player and I kept seeing challenges pop up around the track.

Putty

I'm up to some Italy vs Germany cup where I have to choose a RUF or a Pegani... I can't control these cars for shit. You have to be so gentle on the throttle. Just when I think i've tamed the car, I get a little too confident and lose the rear.
I think online is actually fixed too. I was playing single player and I kept seeing challenges pop up around the track.

Challenges do appear to be working somewhat, I get them from time to time, but leaderboards are still fucked for me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Compensation? If Sony wants to compensate me for a 15 hour Tour mode that I'm not even half way done yet because I spent the last week and a half unlocking cars by going through 55 tracks in Time Trials and Single Events with various day/night cycles. Then sure. And that's with me barely touching drift events. A significant portion of the game is working fine.

Cross-quoting from another thread. What's this about unlocking cars from time trial and single race modes?

DLC Wish List.

Aston Martin Rapide
Acura NSX Concept
BMW i8
BMW M1
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Chevrolet Corvette C7
Chrysler ME 412
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ford GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Jaguar F-Type R
Lamborghini Asterion
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Veneno
Lexus LFA
McLaren F1
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR AMG
Mercedes SLR
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR
Noble M600
Subaru BRZ
Tesla Model S

Got carried away...

How about some MURICAN''' cars. Not even dodge viper...c'mon evo. Your EURO bias is showing through. Also, I'll give them props for including a KIA. Would be kind of funny actually.

Sigh... Logged into play after a couple of days away... Four races down and nothing recorded on the leaderboards.... Leaderboards ffs... The level of incompetence is breathtaking at this point.

Shaneus

I'm so glad, too. This was the game I bought a PS4 at launch for. I'm very pleased that it delivered.
Fucking totally. Bought mine for DC, other than PS+ games I really only bought (then sold) Second Son. But I'm totally getting my money's worth out of Driveclub, I do love it so.

NeoRausch

Does anyone have an idea what all count towards the "drive 1000 miles as a Club member" -trophy?

Every track I ride while being in a Club? Multiplayer only?

sourc3d

Sigh... Logged into play after a couple of days away... Four races down and nothing recorded on the leaderboards.... Leaderboards ffs... The level of incompetence is breathtaking at this point.

Yeah, the lack of 'basic' leaderboard functianlity is my biggest issue at the moment.....especially after nailing the venom challenge last night...really wanted to see how the time stacked up.

Photo%2019-10-2014%2023%2059%2046_half.jpg

Most worrying though is that for most events i've played since release, i have no times showing when the leaderboards do actually load!!! Will i have to replay every event to set times or something.....if so i'll be a bit miffed??

Putty

Yeah, the lack of 'basic' leaderboard functianlity is my biggest issue at the moment.....especially after nailing the venom challenge last night...really wanted to see how the time stacked up.

Photo%2019-10-2014%2023%2059%2046_half.jpg

Most worrying though is that for most events i've played since release, i have no times showing when the leaderboards do actually load!!! Will i have to replay every event to set times or something.....if so i'll be a bit miffed??

All you tour times and what not really should of also been saved offline aswell. An option to sync tour times would be nice, but this would need the fore mentioned to of been implemented.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any words of the PS+ version being released anytime soon?

NotEasy

Does anyone have an idea what all count towards the "drive 1000 miles as a Club member" -trophy?

Every track I ride while being in a Club? Multiplayer only?

Any mode works,even single player,but you must be connected with the servers or it i'll not count towards the trophy

Was looking at a club when the game crashed the entire PS4. Music was still going but the menu, power, and every button wouldn't work. Had to pull the plug, crazy!

Cyborg

The issues with this game are getting realy embarrassing. Did a time trial with at friends house, we were nr.1 of the world but the time doesnt show up.

It doesnt update to the leaderboard and it shows old timelap! And all the disconnects from online races.....Its so fcking lame.

How can people still defend this?

Tried several times over the weekend to get online with no avail. haven't been able to connect to the servers since last Monday. I was fine with the server teething problems at the start but it's starting to get a bit ridiculous.

neos

Just got my 225th star. Venom hot lap took me almost 3 hours.

Well, doing the tour has been loads of fun, i even left The Evil Within at the 2nd chapter because i wanted to finish the tour.
Well done Evolution, now gimme that weather and we're even for the not-so-fixed online.

Afrikan

So the server problems arnt enough so EVO is giving us bugs! Thanx for this crapy product

how can you say thankx for a "crappy" product, for a game you don't even own.

is your new shnck the old, "I played my friend's copy" just to show your concerns about this game?

hamchan

I really feel sorry for people that were hyped for this game but rely too much on reviews, specifically GiantBomb who seem to hold a lot of weight on here, and therefore decided to pass on it.

I don't. Those people have avoided all the online mess and they'll still get the PS+ edition, which Giant Bomb told people to do on their podcast, because why not it's free. Then they can buy the full game for the bomba prices this game will probably be selling at after a few months.

Nyx

The issues with this game are getting realy embarrassing. Did a time trial with at friends house, we were nr.1 of the world but the time doesnt show up.

It doesnt update to the leaderboard and it shows old timelap! And all the disconnects from online races.....Its so fcking lame.

How can people still defend this?

Nobody is?

Siegmeyer

Well you can add me to the list of people having a shit tonne of fun with this game. Despite all it's problems, the actual act of racing is a joy. If there was a competing driving game that had all the features in the world, working perfectly, but the actual driving was slightly less enjoyable, I'd still want to play DC every single time.

Have to air a couple of complaints though, hopefully they can get patched. Firstly the ghost situation - do these only appear on circuits? Was doing an A to B single event last night and never had a ghost to race against. Ghosts are a great teaching method of improving times. Let me dowmload a ghost of anyone online!

Secondly, give me split lap times as I'm racing! It's annoying as hell when one of your stars is 'finish in under x time'. You'll never get it on the first lap as you're starting from 0mph, but there's no way of knowing of you beat it on a subsequent lap unless you note the time you crossed the start line at and do a quick bit of arihtmetic to work out what total time you need to be under in order to beat the lap time.

BatmanX

Having a blast so far with the game, some races are very thrilling and the adrenaline's pumping like the good old days of pacific rift memorabilia

I'm even pretty good with the wheel, which is strange 'cause I'm usually pretty horrible with it

Very glad after the disappointment of apocalypse, I hope that the online situation and some shitter reviewers doesn't cost us the Evolution's departure :(

I'm really hope that this will sell decently

GoaThief

but there's no way of knowing of you beat it on a subsequent lap unless you note the time you crossed the start line at and do a quick bit of arihtmetic to work out what total time you need to be under in order to beat the lap time.
Eh? There's a lap timer on the bottom left, next to where you see the target time.

-Amon-

Got the last star last night, of course it was the venom hot lap.

Once you fully memorize the track it's not that hard. Driving with the pad the most difficult thing to do was being diciplined with the throttle. Once achieved that it took no more than ten tries.

This could be the perfect moment for EVO to fully fix the online lol

Siegmeyer

Probably, do you not see the challenges in orange bars?

Ah, no I don't. Turned those off immediately, damn orange bars were too intrusive. Still, how hard would it be to put the split times up where the main timer is? Baffling decision. Especially as those orange bars only apply to challenge stars. it's still an issue during single event time trials.

Rey

Ah, no I don't. Turned those off immediately, damn orange bars were too intrusive. Still, how hard would it be to put the split times up where the main timer is? Baffling decision. Especially as those orange bars only apply to challenge stars. it's still an issue during single event time trials.

Exactly. That's why I hope they give us more options in the HUD settings. The only thing I would like to see is my laptimes and split times and maybe position, that's it.

Top Bottom