• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Bluenova

Neo Member
The OT2 title is so beyond awesome OP. like Damn.

To finally post since launch tho, the game is damn excellent. I love the game. I bought a PS4 for this game above all [Destiny bundle]. It's like motorstorm kinda fun with the depth of the best road racing mechanics. Looks like nothing else imo.
I really think the atmosphere simulation is/was worth it, cause for me other skyboxes now kinda seem just pretty paintings that won't change. Canned.

Hey, how many X-MotorStormers in here though? I've made a club "MTRSTRMRZ", with a cool badge too I hope and any of you OGs are most welcome to join it, I'm in Canada. Come on old motorstorm players ;) even if your not. I see some asking on the page before so I'll send invites

driveclub_201410182232fqah.jpg

How awful is the Spyker CB? It has the handling/oversteer of a hyper car but without the speed. I'm just grinding for accolades. Afterwards I'm never touching that car again.

mreddie

DLC Wish List.

Aston Martin Rapide
Acura NSX Concept
BMW i8
BMW M1
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Chevrolet Corvette C7
Chrysler ME 412
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ford GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Jaguar F-Type R
Lamborghini Asterion
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Veneno
Lexus LFA
McLaren F1
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR AMG
Mercedes SLR
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR
Noble M600
Subaru BRZ
Tesla Model S

Got carried away...

OmegaDL50

DLC Wish List.

Aston Martin Rapide
Acura NSX Concept
BMW i8
BMW M1
Chevrolet Corvette C7
Chrysler ME 412
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ford GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Jaguar F-Type R
Lamborghini Asterion
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Veneno
Lexus LFA
McLaren F1
Mercedes SLR
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR
Noble M600
Subaru BRZ
Tesla Model S

Got carried away...

Hmm checking this list for my favorite US and JPN vehicles, and noting the omissions of Euro models I like to see expanded on. I shall bold for emphasis.

You got almost everything on my wishlist.

The only two cars as an omission on this list would be the SRT Viper and the Toyota Supra RZ

However as far as I'm aware all of the vehicles in Driveclub are all production models so the inclusion of the 2014 Toyota FT-1 Supra concept may outside the scope of the game.

Although for a car to fit American Hypercar range, I suppose the SSC Tuatara or Ultimate Aero XT would fit.

dano1

A Sheep
DLC Wish List.

Aston Martin Rapide
Acura NSX Concept
BMW i8
BMW M1
Chevrolet Corvette C7
Chrysler ME 412
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ford GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Jaguar F-Type R
Lamborghini Asterion
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Veneno
Lexus LFA
McLaren F1
Mercedes SLR
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR
Noble M600
Subaru BRZ
Tesla Model S

Got carried away...

Great list!!

IKizzLE

DLC Wish List.

Aston Martin Rapide
Acura NSX Concept
BMW i8
BMW M1
Chevrolet Corvette C7
Chrysler ME 412
Ferrari F40
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari LaFerrari
Ford GT
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Jaguar F-Type R
Lamborghini Asterion
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo SV
Lamborghini Huracán
Lamborghini Veneno
Lexus LFA
McLaren F1
Mercedes SLR
Nissan 370Z
Nissan GTR
Noble M600
Subaru BRZ
Tesla Model S

Got carried away...

Needs some US and Japanese cars.
Ford GT
Corvette
Viper
Saleen
GTR
LFA
NSX
etc...

Jamesways

So I was able to stay away from this game a grand total of 1 and 1/2 days.

Was doing OK until I stumbled upon Inside Sim Racing's first look videos. A few minutes later I'm running Putre reverse in the 458 again and again with a goofy smile on my face.

What do they put in this game?

Played way past my bed time last night (last race at midnight, had to be up for work at 4.45am) and on my last race I levelled up to 40 and finally unlocked the Gumpart Apollo. Had to resist having one more race cos I know where that would lead.

So tired today, but this game man, not since PGR2 & 4 have I felt this itch to play, all other games on the back burner. Just need more stability updates for the online and we'll be set.

Jesus, I hear you guys. I've had such late nights this past week playing this, seriously losing a lot of sleep. Work week has been brutal too. Routine has been put the 1 year old gal to bed, fire this up, next thing you know it's past 1am. And up giving her a bottle about 6. Ouch.

It's so damn addictive, I agree, a racing game hasn't gotten it's hooks in me like this for long time. Got to 37 today, that GTA Spano is a crazy car.

And I beat the Legendary Trophy this afternoon. Thought it would give me a tougher time, but the Zonda R made it quick work to get first with only one or two restarts the first race (mostly to learn the track). And I was sober, so there's that. These hyper events have been tough late at night after about 2-5 IPAs.
Not going to lie King of Kudos members, I enjoy drinking beer. Fresh hop season man, good times.
My times aren't the fastest, I'm typically tipsy playing late night several nights a week. But I'll keep up dumping accolade points in the club as I have, and work on chasing times when I play without drinking.

I just can't get enough of this game.

Bought Alien Isolation with this and have played a whole whopping hour. It's just sitting there, and I'm a huge 79 Alien film fan!

I'm glad pCARS got pushed back. That's the big one for me, now I can still put time into this, and the DLC plan will keep this going a long time.

A copy of Forza Horizon 2?
Heh. Horizon 2 is a great game, and easy GOTY pick for the work Playground has done, and something I'd recommend to literally everybody that enjoys racing games. Its that good.

But it isn't DriveClub. Hell, DC has ruined me for other driving games, including Horizon, which I've always been a damn borderline fanboy for. But DC is polarizing, so I can't recommend it to everybody. You either love it or you hate it by the looks of things, and you can either abide by a game with no driving line and no tuning and no rewind or you find those to be deal-breakers (which most people I know in real life do). But if that handling model and the conditions and the audio/visuals do get to you, they get to you good. They sink their claws in deep, and playing other games feels far less impressive and intense than they might have otherwise.

I'd honestly rather play a DC than a Forza or GT and thats the last thing I would have ever expected, even when batting for Evo. Its not about the realism, but the heart of it. You could even say DC has a certain soul that other games don't, but that those other games compensate for with far more customization and technical accuracy in the physics model.

It's so damn addictive, I agree, a racing game hasn't gotten it's hooks in me like this for long time. Got to 37 today, that GTA Spano is a crazy car.

Not going to lie King of Kudos members, I enjoy drinking beer. Fresh hop season man, good times.

I'm with you 1,000%, though my drink of choice lately is Bourbon. Something about this game is pure crack, and I've taken breaks to play the other games, and man, they're just diminished. Fuckin hell.

This is easily my pick for busted GOTY ;p

My biggest issue so fat is the inability to connect online. I just want to activate my club and actually feel like I'm doing something other than just grinding for nothing.

It really sucks because the ps4 needed a racing game badly, and here it is and I've only put an hour or so into it because I want to play the full game and not half of it and have to go back when the servers aren't hot garbage.

mreddie

Hmm checking this list for my favorite US and JPN vehicles, and noting the omissions of Euro models I like to see expanded on. I shall bold for emphasis.

You got almost everything on my wishlist.

The only two cars as an omission on this list would be the SRT Viper and the Toyota Supra RZ

However as far as I'm aware all of the vehicles in Driveclub are all production models so the inclusion of the 2014 Toyota FT-1 Supra concept may outside the scope of the game.

Although for a car to fit American Hypercar range, I suppose the SSC Tuatara or Ultimate Aero XT would fit.

Yeah, I blanked on the Viper and wouldn't mind seeing some older cars. At this point, I'm trying to juggle with this game and the PS+ games because the I feel if I max out my level now, there would be no point playing and November is still far away with Far Cry and maybe Infinity.

Yopis

Just popped in to ask if they sorted the network issues yet? Would still like to buy if most of you are having success.

viveks86

Just popped in to ask if they sorted the network issues yet? Would still like to buy if most of you are having success.

Things are improving for most of us, but they still have a lot of things to fix before we can call it "sorted". I think we are at least a week away from a complete and smooth experience.

Cubed

Heh. Horizon 2 is a great game, and easy GOTY pick for the work Playground has done, and something I'd recommend to literally everybody that enjoys racing games. Its that good.

But it isn't DriveClub. Hell, DC has ruined me for other driving games, including Horizon, which I've always been a damn borderline fanboy for. But DC is polarizing, so I can't recommend it to everybody. You either love it or you hate it by the looks of things, and you can either abide by a game with no driving line and no tuning and no rewind or you find those to be deal-breakers (which most people I know in real life do). But if that handling model and the conditions and the audio/visuals do get to you, they get to you good. They sink their claws in deep, and playing other games feels far less impressive and intense than they might have otherwise.

I'd honestly rather play a DC than a Forza or GT and thats the last thing I would have ever expected, even when batting for Evo. Its not about the realism, but the heart of it. You could even say DC has a certain soul that other games don't, but that those other games compensate for with far more customization and technical accuracy in the physics model.

I'm with you 1,000%, though my drink of choice lately is Bourbon. Something about this game is pure crack, and I've taken breaks to play the other games, and man, they're just diminished. Fuckin hell.

I agree with a lot of this... minus the alcohol and spirits talk. This may honestly be my game of the year if I'm not to count remasters like TLOU and GTA V (because they honestly would win). Out of real, brand new games that came out in 2014, this may be the best I've played.

I'm so glad, too. This was the game I bought a PS4 at launch for. I'm very pleased that it delivered.

It needs just two more things to be perfect after the already-promised updates like photo mode, replays, and weather: 2014 Focus ST and 2014 Mustang GT (my 2 real life cars).

:)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

I'm glad people with a broader view of the racing scene are warming up to the game's strengths. I must have sounded borderline delusional when the reviews hit after all the praise and hype I gave this game prior to launch.

EDIT:

Yeah...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132521903&postcount=494

I have to point out something else this game does extremely well, and that is for a sterile, exotic car circuit racer, this game is brimming with attitude and personality.

And I'm not talking about hip/new dubstep blasting festival type attitude/personality, like the DiRT games.

It's got identity, and that's something that you have to pull off with more than just a catchy name and logo or some cool sounding dude spouting hip and cool adjectives in your ear every time you win a race or event.

This game is just music, menu aesthetics, racing locales, handling... I don't know. But it's got something.

God, I'm loving this game.

I'm also having a fucking hard time getting the damn northern lights to show up. Fuckers...

Exquisik

Question to those who have been playing and doing time trial challenges...

Are you playing with the controller or driving wheel? If driving wheel, which one are you using?

Looking to decide whether or not I should invest a wheel for the game. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Shaneus

Jesus, I hear you guys. I've had such late nights this past week playing this, seriously losing a lot of sleep. Work week has been brutal too. Routine has been put the 1 year old gal to bed, fire this up, next thing you know it's past 1am. And up giving her a bottle about 6. Ouch.

And I beat the Legendary Trophy this afternoon. Thought it would give me a tougher time, but the Zonda R made it quick work to get first with only one or two restarts the first race (mostly to learn the track). And I was sober, so there's that. These hyper events have been tough late at night after about 2-5 IPAs.
My times aren't the fastest, I'm typically tipsy playing late night several nights a week. But I'll keep up dumping accolade points in the club as I have, and work on chasing times when I play without drinking.

Bought Alien Isolation with this and have played a whole whopping hour. It's just sitting there, and I'm a huge 79 Alien film fan!

I'm glad pCARS got pushed back. That's the big one for me, now I can still put time into this, and the DLC plan will keep this going a long time.
Hah, I should play after having a few drinks! I get too tense sometimes, need to enjoy it a little more with a few beers or maybe a coffee Patrone or two ;)

hawk2025

This is such a great post in capturing the spirit of what makes Driveclub special -- and why I personally don't see myself recommending it to everyone.

You're not really saying anything, but at the same time I totally get it and agree! :p It's impossible (and irresponsible?) for me to try and sell a game to a friend or anyone else based on this. But damn it, this game's got it, and I'm glad I'm part of the group of people that had it really hit home hard.

Heroman

Banned
I played a couple housr of it and I have to say that I like the hotlaps more than the racing and the regular time trail. I just love that I dont have to restart in order to better my times.

Well, there shouldn't have been server issues and no one would have minded had that been the case.

Ultimately your Club exists online, it doesn't exist on your console, because it can house 5 others. And as you can be kicked or leave the club without going into the game it needs to know your current entitlements so that's why it was done.

I have black bars around my screen, any ideas?

I also had black bars but when I was using remote play. It seemed that my TV was set to overscan and my actual PS4 display settings were not correct. I needed to adjust my TV and then move the settings so that the white corners went all the way as far as they could. That then removed my black bars.

Aspiring

Can't wait to get back into this tonight. Have had a brutal week at work and just had zero time. Now I have a few days off and my body is ready!!!!

Ellite25

I need a club guys.

I am really enjoying the game also. Took me like 4 or 5 races to really get into, but since then I've even having a blast.

Putty

My only gripe still, is my times don't get posted on the leaderboards. I have have numerous top 100 times but they just never posted. I do want to replay everything and I will once all fixed.

I really feel sorry for people that were hyped for this game but rely too much on reviews, specifically GiantBomb who seem to hold a lot of weight on here, and therefore decided to pass on it.

Prototype

All issues aside for a moment-

If the Mclaren F1 gets in the game I'll probably end up getting it. Good core game, great sense of speed, and the Ultimate road car sounds like a nice mixture.

Edit, by then everything should be working and extra features should be in.

M.W.

I really feel sorry for people that were hyped for this game but rely too much on reviews, specifically GiantBomb who seem to hold a lot of weight on here, and therefore decided to pass on it.
Giantbomb is a site dedicated to people who don't know how to play games.

Top Bottom