• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

pop_tarts

Can someone make a thread where you post your lap times? I want to see some of your fastest lap times. I do believe one thread has almost done it but it was more of a challenge.

Yes, this is horrible for sp. We earned those cars.

grinding a club level takes so much time, you reach level 10 for Bac Mono I just got to laugh about how frustrating this being locked again is even worst than being kicked off mid-race

not enough backlash for this game seriously Sim City got crucified for this online shit to lock everything to the servers is killing the day 1 love I had for this game if servers worked that would be worth it but this is not free to play I paid for it then took hours of time to unlock something

sad part is I like this game it has potential I imagine racing in Heavy Rain storms

going to think twice about buying Server heavy games

Hedrush

I'm glad I prefer single player to multiplayer in EVERY game. I'm not missing the multiplayer at all. I like the "community" stuff like working as a club and getting challenges/leaderboards, but I don't care that we're missing multiplayer races.

I'm aware some of you are, but I'm simply saying that I'm glad I'm satisfied with what the game is right now.

Best racing game I've ever played.

I'm having a blast with the single player. I played 1 multiplayer race about 5 days ago now, and I've not bothered paying it since. Not that it was bad, it was helluva fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it but there's enough there in the single player to keep me coming back for more. I couldn't tell you how many times I've played the same events over and over again and trying to improve my time on time trials is highly addictive. So yeah I've not missed online much, although I was pissed when my fame points weren't going towards my club mind you.

impact

Banned
this is crap the club cars get locked again if servers are down fuck this game smh

I wonder who thought always online cars were a good idea

But even if they tried to patch it and fix it they'd probably just make every car online only. The patches in this game only make it worse :lol

grinding a club level takes so much time, you reach level 10 for Bac Mono I just got to laugh about how frustrating this being locked again is even worst than being kicked off mid-race

not enough backlash for this game seriously Sim City got crucified for this online shit to lock everything to the servers is killing the day 1 love I had for this game if servers worked that would be worth it but this is not free to play I paid for it then took hours of time to unlock something

sad part is I like this game it has potential I imagine racing in Heavy Rain storms

going to think twice about buying Server heavy games
Yeah me too. Most immersive racer i've played. And that's without weather. Shame they couldn't do a bit better AA cause the jaggies keep it from looking realistic.

But i've also never been more angry towards a game. I feel it's almost better if online was just shut down untill it fully works, cause the frustration of waiting again and again for a match that turns into a "sorry, we fooled you, it's another motherfucking error again" is making me boiling furious.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
My problem with the current server issues is that the game takes forever to level you once you've reached the 225 stars in the campaign, so, AFAIK, even with the measly Fame that Single Events give you and the challenges being offline for the most part, leveling your club and as well as your driver takes much more grinding than necessary... and I don't know if I want grinding in a racing game, no matter how tight the racing is.

Now, if the leaderboards and the face offs remained as quick to load as they were before launch, this would be a much different game. Just seeing yourself constantly beating Average Speed, Drift and Cornering Faceoffs, getting pitted against better records each time you succeed is a great way of progressively increasing your skill, especially as this gets reflected by a shower of fame points and unlocks.

With all that stuff offline the game does feel very empty. The sooner it's back to what it's meant to be the better. They've already lost launch buzz because of this. It would be a shame if the game's community became a cult by the end of this.

DRIVECLUB was meant to be a platform in and of itself.

I wonder who thought always online cars were a good idea

But even if they tried to patch it and fix it they'd probably just make every car online only. The patches in this game only make it worse :lol
Well, there shouldn't have been server issues and no one would have minded had that been the case.

Ultimately your Club exists online, it doesn't exist on your console, because it can house 5 others. And as you can be kicked or leave the club without going into the game it needs to know your current entitlements so that's why it was done.

I posted this several times now. :/
I have black bars around my screen, any ideas?

I'm done with this game.

10431179_10202875196827148_3091854080834880782_o.jpg

Loudninja

Well, there shouldn't have been server issues and no one would have minded had that been the case.

Ultimately your Club exists online, it doesn't exist on your console, because it can house 5 others. And as you can be kicked or leave the club without going into the game it needs to know your current entitlements so that's why it was done.

I have black bars around my screen, any ideas?
Heh those were dark days :)

h3ro

Leveling up in this game is a drag. I want to use the F60 and Ruf RGT and they're locked away ten levels from where I'm at currently and getting there is going to take forever.

Bah.

T_Exige

The last trophy seems hard to get "Credit where it's due" the game mode accolade will take a long time, even when at max level.

It's the only one left besides the challenges.

SHarris78

Finally managed to get an online race going for the first time, and it'll also be the last. I'm in the lead, doing ok, and the guy behind me blatantly side-nudges my car and spins me out, into last place I go.

In trying to make up places, I notice everybody is flooring it on the straights and pretty much not bothering to even try and take corners, just ramming into them, almost bouncing of them and continuing with virtually no seeable penalty.

Gonna finish the solo mode and do time trials but the multiplayer is pointless.

CozMick

Banned
Challenges loaded for the first time. Tries to create challenge. You have lost connection to the servers.

Fuck this game seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if the servers coming back slowly but surely is more down to people giving up and trading it in than patches.

So I was able to stay away from this game a grand total of 1 and 1/2 days.

Was doing OK until I stumbled upon Inside Sim Racing's first look videos. A few minutes later I'm running Putre reverse in the 458 again and again with a goofy smile on my face.

What do they put in this game?

iMxsTcivUDZdO.gif

dano1

A Sheep
So I was able to stay away from this game a grand total of 1 and 1/2 days.

Was doing OK until I stumbled upon Inside Sim Racing's first look videos. A few minutes later I'm running Putre reverse in the 458 again and again with a goofy smile on my face.

What do they put in this game?

iMxsTcivUDZdO.gif

Yeah I watched those also. He had a great time with the game. Can't wait until everything is working good.
Probably going to be my favorite racing game!

So frustrated with so many aspects of this game, lol. Yet, I keep coming back. The club cars thing is really bad... that needs fixed immediately(just unlock them).

M.W.

Finally managed to get an online race going for the first time, and it'll also be the last. I'm in the lead, doing ok, and the guy behind me blatantly side-nudges my car and spins me out, into last place I go.

In trying to make up places, I notice everybody is flooring it on the straights and pretty much not bothering to even try and take corners, just ramming into them, almost bouncing of them and continuing with virtually no seeable penalty.

Gonna finish the solo mode and do time trials but the multiplayer is pointless.

Yeah, MP isn't as fun as I thought it would be. If you start towards the back you might as well quit right away. After that initial turn the people up front are so far ahead already. At least that's what I've experienced. That and idiots slamming into you.

My problem with the current server issues is that the game takes forever to level you once you've reached the 225 stars in the campaign, so, AFAIK, even with the measly Fame that Single Events give you and the challenges being offline for the most part, leveling your club and as well as your driver takes much more grinding than necessary... and I don't know if I want grinding in a racing game, no matter how tight the racing is.

Now, if the leaderboards and the face offs remained as quick to load as they were before launch, this would be a much different game. Just seeing yourself constantly beating Average Speed, Drift and Cornering Faceoffs, getting pitted against better records each time you succeed is a great way of progressively increasing your skill, especially as this gets reflected by a shower of fame points and unlocks.

With all that stuff offline the game does feel very empty. The sooner it's back to what it's meant to be the better. They've already lost launch buzz because of this. It would be a shame if the game's community became a cult by the end of this.

DRIVECLUB was meant to be a platform in and of itself.

I've lost a little bit of interest in DC the past week. Granted I have newer games coming but the whole online and challenges thing being busted makes me feel like I'm not getting the best experience. I think they should make a second launch trailer and reintroduce the game when the weather update is out.

Mullah88

Yeah, MP isn't as fun as I thought it would be. If you start towards the back you might as well quit right away. After that initial turn the people up front are so far ahead already. At least that's what I've experienced. That and idiots slamming into you.

nope rather start in the back, lets me cut through the pile up on the first 2 turns

Has this happened to anyone online?

https://vid.me/nXE

Happened twice now. I'm driving alone minding my own business, drafting the guy in front, not looking to pull any crazy moves then without touching them (note how you can't hear the trademark crushing noise) they spin out as if I've pushed them out.

I don't speak French so no idea what insult I was thrown :p

Topi

Banned

You have to keep in mind that the PS+ version is still coming, and once it's out everything should be working smooth. That's going to introduce a lot of new players to the game. So I don't think the game is near cult status yet.

dano1

A Sheep
When i get my club going do the points I earned in single player get added to the club or does the club start at zero?

Hugstable

Banned
You have to keep in mind that the PS+ version is still coming, and once it's out everything should be working smooth. That's going to introduce a lot of new players to the game. So I don't think the game is near cult status yet.

Ehh I'll think it's gonna be awhile before the PS+ version even comes out at this point. They are still having lots of problems with this game working online just with those who bought the game, and I bet once the online gets up and running, they are gonna wait a bit to see how stable it is before introducing a whole humongous amount of new players to the game. Something like that could risk bringing down the servers again, and if they end up doing that right when the servers are stable I see it causing even more problems with people than you see now since even those who paid 50-60$ for the game still wouldn't be able to play online. I hope myself at least that once the game is working properly online that those who paid for it get at least 1-2 weeks to enjoy the game before the PS+ edition brings the house down again -__-, because the PS+ version that is free will probably have an insane amount of more players than are currently playing the game, and I'm worried that if the servers can't handles us now, I wonder how it's gonna do then.

Until then I'm enjoying the hell out of this game, but I really want to be able to have a few races with my buddy sometime soon. This game is amazing and deserves much better than this :(

Has this happened to anyone online?

https://vid.me/nXE

Happened twice now. I'm driving alone minding my own business, drafting the guy in front, not looking to pull any crazy moves then without touching them (note how you can't hear the trademark crushing noise) they spin out as if I've pushed them out.

I don't speak French so no idea what insult I was thrown :p

Yes. I've seen people spin that were driving closely in front of me. Looks like the car position is not accurately synced or something.

When i get my club going do the points I earned in single player get added to the club or does the club start at zero?

You have to start from scratch. It sucks.

So leaderboards don't seem to be working again for me, haven't really most of the weekend; this shit is ridiculous I mean they're leaderboards, which have been in thousands of games for years and years.

snookee

Neo Member
So leaderboards don't seem to be working again for me, haven't really most of the weekend; this shit is ridiculous I mean they're leaderboards, which have been in thousands of games for years and years.

IIRC evo's motorstorm games all suffered with intermittent leaderboard/server/netcode problems.

Popsickles

I am having real trouble connecting online still. It all seems good until I try to join an online race and when it says syncing with other players it always times out. before anyone says its my connection I have 100meg broadband and my PS4 is in a DMZ

Top Bottom