• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

yella

How do club requests work? Sent a few request to join gaf friend's clubs and I just got back on and still aren't in one. Imagine it was declined but is there any way to know? If I send 5 requests does only the last one count?
If you still need a club, mine is open and has space. Just look for Red Panthers :)

I'm glad I paid just under £30 for this game, anything more and I would feel pretty ripped off. Graphics, handling and tracks are awesome but really everything else more or less sucks, shame because it had a great core for an unbelievable game.

And music. I think everything else about the game is attached to the community which isn't working. When it gets going if you enjoy challenging others, and trying to get high scores/lap times the game should have some length.

Topi

Banned
The Legend trophy is amazing if you want to grind for reputation. If you have the pre-order reputation bonus, you get 180k rep for that alone, and the whole tournament lasts only about 12 and a half minutes if you're not pushing. Just keep changing the car to keep it fresh (go with the RUF for a nice fight). You can also rack up some manufacturer accolades, as I think it's at least 50 km per tournament.

IISANDERII

hqdefault.jpg

Got my first taste of the BAC Mono and it's awesome, by far the most enjoyable car I've driven so far.

garyBig

Any suggestions as to the most beautiful tracks + weather/time/timelapse settings to really show off the strengths of this awesome lighting engine?

All of them.

In all honesty, I do agree. I just love how it looks at almost all times.
Still, there must be some favourite sunset or regional preferences that capture a certain feel that one likes most.

The Mono is fun, yeah. But I think I like its bastard brother, the Ariel Atom, even more. That one late Tour event really made me appreciate how rewarding it can be to tame such a beast.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man, the time trials are addictive. Knocking down Face Off after Face Off while trying to beat that next time above you. Got a few times in the Top 20 (for a particular car) but I'm not picking the fastest cars, trying to build up levels on particular manufacturers and vehicle groups such as Hot Hatch etc.

Shadybiz

connecting to a race with 3 in a session is nigh on impossible, absolute garbage.

I was trying to play with one of my friends last night. Kept getting booted. It's weird though, because last week we got into a couple of races together just fine.

Bright side is that I am definitely connected to the servers more consistently, so progress I guess.

And Punching Above your weight....jesus.

hccore

Neo Member
Any suggestions as to the most beautiful tracks + weather/time/timelapse settings to really show off the strengths of this awesome lighting engine?

In all honesty, I do agree. I just love how it looks at almost all times.
Still, there must be some favourite sunset or regional preferences that capture a certain feel that one likes most.

Chile Putre Reverse, 7AM, any wheater 60x time lapse, profit!

dwr budr

Banned
I was trying to play with one of my friends last night. Kept getting booted. It's weird though, because last week we got into a couple of races together just fine.

Bright side is that I am definitely connected to the servers more consistently, so progress I guess.

And Punching Above your weight....jesus.

since the last patch it has got better in as much you connect all the time but has got worse in terms of playing with friends, same as you say last week I was playing with 2 or 3 others without any disconnects (that's once we managed to get on in the first lace lol)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Jesus, playing this on a HMD is fucking intense.

Can't imagine how it'll feel with proper head tracking.

This post makes the wait for Morpheus even harder.

How's the HMZ T3W?

EDIT: Answered my own question. I wish I had the bucks to spend on one. Might as well wait for Morpheus.

WTF Got disconnected in the middle of a race where I was just about to take 1st near the end. Im just about done. How can something this FUBAR get through internal testing. I've had patience with this game but im about done. Strongly considering calling Sony for a refund.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I really like the game, but i'm not touching it again until they sort their shit out. Hope that my clubmates and the onlinecrowd are still around by then. Really sad actually.

Niks

WTF Got disconnected in the middle of a race where I was just about to take 1st near the end. Im just about done. How can something this FUBAR get through internal testing. I've had patience with this game but im about done. Strongly considering calling Sony for a refund.

I really like the game, but i'm not touching it again until they sort their shit out. Hope that my clubmates and the onlinecrowd are still around by then. Really sad actually.

Yeah its really frustrating.
Its disgraceful they decided to release this game in this state.. Im surprised they haven't been sued yet or something.

I haven't played in days. I'm just waiting for the servers and everything to be up and running 100%. The release of this game is tragic.

Yeah its really frustrating.
Its disgraceful they decided to release this game in this state.. Im surprised they haven't been sued yet or something.
Yes its frustrating but they didn't know these issues existed until they released the game. They did not purposefully release a game with prior knowledge of the online being broken at launch. They did tests and ran a closed beta and all seemed well. Its a huge problem but lets not act like they knew this would happen. Who in their right mind would do something like that?

Semper88

Online is broken as fuark.

Was running first by miles, 10 seconds from the finish away it said someone had finished and the game will end in 30 seconds.

When it directed us back to the boards there was indeed someone above me that finished 30 seconds before me?! What...? Also had a "speed challenge" with the person i had to beat set a record for 22456 miles an hour Lol?!

Oh yea and people winning in red corners by going top speed through and and getting rocketed by the sides.. Why even bother making a decent turn lol.

I was tempted to just buy the PS+ full version off PSN after hearing that the demo was delayed but Jesus, reading all these impressions have made me forget all about it.

Maybe everything will be in order next month... Kind of sad because it also sounds like the actual game is loads of fun.

The server is definitely getting better, at least for me, I can go online almost instantaneously. I'd say give it 2 weeks and hopefully they can sort those problems. It's unfortunate but I think I can deal with it.

Niks

Yes its frustrating but they didn't know these issues existed until they released the game. They did not purposefully release a game with prior knowledge of the online being broken at launch. They did tests and ran a closed beta and all seemed well. Its a huge problem but lets not act like they knew this would happen. Who in their right mind would do something like that?

Well, you may be right but I truly find it hard to believe such a game braking bug just magically appeared out of nowhere without anyone suspecting a thing.

Rsinart

Finally found a local Redbox that had this in. Figured since I couldn't try the PS+ version I would rent this for a week and see how I feel then about purchasing it. Just started the first part and must say its pretty fun. I am terrible at drifting right now though.

RoKKeR

So I'm home for the weekend and put in a few races on my brother's PS4 and things just aren't clicking with me yet. I guess I don't really "get" the framework of the game. No car ownership or tuning are pretty big bummers for me, and it feels like you just pop in, do a race and then it's onto the next thing.

The handling is fine for this type of racer but I'll need to spend more time with it. I'm surprised at how unimpressive the graphics were though. The lighting engine and level of detail are clearly the stars here, (both are incredible) but everything else just seems off? IQ just seems so odd to me, and the car selection screen looks like somebody turned bloom up to 100% and smeared vaseline all over the lens, it's just a weird look.

The sound and cockpit views are top notch though, god damn. Tearing through a race at night time with the dashboard lit up and only seeing with your headlights is a great and scary feeling, they nailed that for sure.

So I guess first impressions are lukewarm at best, but I'll have to put more time in. I'm going to play around with some of the daytime settings because those seem like fun.

Well, you may be right but I truly find it hard to believe such a game braking bug just magically appeared out of nowhere without anyone suspecting a thing.
I'm speaking from my ass but I think they just underestimated how many people were going to be playing and how demanding it would be on the servers. They should have run an open beta, if they had done that this problem most likely would have appeared and gave them a chance to work it out before launch. IMO this is a case of bad planning/management. Not neccesarily the fault of the development team themselves. Other than server issues the game runs and plays/looks fantastic..

Edit: with such a focus on the online for this game I dont know why they wouldn't run an open beta to test the servers considering they planned on releasing a free version on the same day.

Online is broken as fuark.

Was running first by miles, 10 seconds from the finish away it said someone had finished and the game will end in 30 seconds.

When it directed us back to the boards there was indeed someone above me that finished 30 seconds before me?! What...? Also had a "speed challenge" with the person i had to beat set a record for 22456 miles an hour Lol?!

Oh yea and people winning in red corners by going top speed through and and getting rocketed by the sides.. Why even bother making a decent turn lol.
You, or they, were lagging. I had this in a race, I was actually downloading a tonne of crap at the time and when 'Go' happened I didn't 'go', so I knew I was lagging. Anyway come the end of the race I thought I was 3rd, but actually I finished 2nd because my overall time was less than theirs even though during the race I was behind them as I never actually went on 'Go'. Time difference does seem large though.

Also those high Face Offs are Drift scores being presented as Avgerage Speed Face Offs by mistake.

dano1

A Sheep
I'm speaking from my ass but I think they just underestimated how many people were going to be playing and how demanding it would be on the servers. They should have run an open beta, if they had done that this problem most likely would have appeared and gave them a chance to work it out before launch. IMO this is a case of bad planning/management. Not neccesarily the fault of the development team themselves. Other than server issues the game runs and plays/looks fantastic..

Edit: with such a focus on the online for this game I dont know why they wouldn't run an open beta to test the servers considering they planned on releasing a free version on the same day.

They did a open beta in Europe and everything worked fine.

They did a open beta in Europe and everything worked fine.

Oh, didn't know that. Maybe should have done one in NA as well maybe? I dunno, this whole situation sucks and I wish they could have done something to prevent this because its a shame that such an awesome game is being tarnished by such a bad launch. I'm sticking with this game because I love it, it just sucks seeing so many turned off by all the problems they are having.

I'll contact Sony about a refund, especially as I bought the digital version. A week after release, people still cannot connect to lobbies. For a game that has already been delayed a year, its unbelievable.

Hedrush

Oh, didn't know that. Maybe should have done one in NA as well maybe? I dunno, this whole situation sucks and I wish they could have done something to prevent this because its a shame that such an awesome game is being tarnished by such a bad launch. I'm sticking with this game because I love it, it just sucks seeing so many turned off by all the problems they are having.

It was actually a closed beta, anyway everything you posted there is exactly my feelings towards the game. It's such a shame the servers couldn't cope with the deluge of players? The game is so much fun.

Cubed

I'm glad I prefer single player to multiplayer in EVERY game. I'm not missing the multiplayer at all. I like the "community" stuff like working as a club and getting challenges/leaderboards, but I don't care that we're missing multiplayer races.

I'm aware some of you are, but I'm simply saying that I'm glad I'm satisfied with what the game is right now.

Best racing game I've ever played.

Top Bottom