• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

LostCanuck : Feel free to add me too - DC is brilliant with lots of friends to compete with :)

The double xp weekend did appear in the events tab on 3.0 so yeah I think that's how it'll be in future.

Welcome to DriveClub GAF!

Evo is a small team or team is small because other people is allocated for the next Motorstorm? ;)

Unfortunately the team was reduced in staff several months after the launch of Driveclub and is to focus on driveclub as a service in the future. Probably means no new games for the foreseeable future but plenty of DC content.

nib95

Banned
One thing though LostCanuck, because you're fairly new to the game, don't feel frustrated or defeated if you can't match some of the times set by some of the other players on here. Many of us have played the game a fair bit, and it does have a fairly steep learning curve, so take your time to slowly practise and just get better as you go along.

Hell, I took a break to play Witcher 3 for a few weeks, and when I went back to Driveclub I was considerably worse. 5 seconds off a lap on certain tracks, with exactly the same vehicles lol. Took me a bit to re-adjust, and I feel like I'm still not as good as I was before taking that break :|

Auctopus

Hell, I took a break to play Witcher 3 for a few weeks, and when I went back to Driveclub I was considerably worse. 5 seconds off a lap on certain tracks, with exactly the same vehicles lol. Took me a bit to re-adjust, and I feel like I'm still not as good as I was before taking that break :|

Same thing happened to me, it's difficult to get back in to the swing of things sometimes.

Duallusion

Unfortunately the team was reduced in staff several months after the launch of Driveclub and is to focus on driveclub as a service in the future. Probably means no new games for the foreseeable future but plenty of DC content.

I hope Sony comes to their senses and fattens them up again. First few months were a clusterfuck server-wise, yes, but to say they've turned the ship around is an understatement. And they still have a card to play too on top of already selling at least 2M copies (before those deals a week back): DriveClub Complete Edition!

C'mon Sony, I wonna

J25b.png

Auctopus

Driveclub is now reduced on the NA store.

Literally nobody has an excuse to not jump in, absolutely criminal price.

Edit: servers down?

DD

Price reduction on the BR store: from R$ 50,99 to R$ 39,90. I know that the Brazilian economy is all fucked up and that the Real lost a lot of value compared to other currencies like the Dollar, but I'm still disappointed. I don't care much about cars and tiny championships, but at 26 reais (what I was expecting it to be) I was ready to jump in. But by 40, meh, I'll skip.

LostCanuck

Neo Member
Welcome!...

Answers in bold.
Thanks for the answers. I will be sure to send invites when I get home.
LostCanuck : Feel free to add me too - DC is brilliant with lots of friends to compete with :)

The double xp weekend did appear in the events tab on 3.0 so yeah I think that's how it'll be in future.

Welcome to DriveClub GAF!
Great to hear the event shows up in 3.0 Another reason to look forward to next FW update. Thanks. I'll send an invite this evening.
One thing though LostCanuck, because you're fairly new to the game, don't feel frustrated or defeated if you can't match some of the times set by some of the other players on here. Many of us have played the game a fair bit, and it does have a fairly steep learning curve, so take your time to slowly practise and just get better as you go along.

I know it will take me quite awhile to get close to a lot of you guys/gals (if ever!) but I know I will have fun trying! :)

Driveclub is now reduced on the NA store.
Awesome!

Another question (I suppose I can try this evening either way), can I do a challenge that requires a car I haven't unlocked yet?

Thanks again everyone for answers and the Welcome! Cheers!

Pallaris

Nope rarely use the mic. Playing through TV speakers/hdmi.

This bug has been there since day 1. Sometimes threatens to cut out with momentary skips and other times full drop out requiring a game restart. Very rare mind but it does happen.

NewDust

This bug has been there since day 1. Sometimes threatens to cut out with momentary skips and other times full drop out requiring a game restart. Very rare mind but it does happen.
Strange, never had it happen and I have nearly 200 hours in the game. Only thing that did happen to me was after a restart all the sound (other cars, rain, tires) was there except for my engine noise, which only came through the surrounds. Once. And the earlier mentioned DS4 headphones issues, which seems to cut out up to 2 seconds every 10 minutes or so. Not debating you not having issues, just strange to see it apparently happens randomly.

farmerboy

This car would be great in Driveclub.

http://youtu.be/vS90eHbIQqk

Has over 1000bhp and weighs under 1000kg so has a better bhp to weight ratio than the one:1

Yes please.

Yeah but its British. How much of the car will still be in one piece after the first lap?

PS4 connected HDMI to receiver. I get drop outs all the time. Mainly the rear surrounds but sometimes the centre goes missing as well. But I've had the centre go missing as well with movies. I ended up doing a warranty on the ps4 and still having problems particularly with Driveclub. Seeing as I also get intermittent problems with movies what's my next step, check all the wiring or do a warranty on the amp?

Shaneus

Yeah I've been trying to work out the trick. Again it looks like speedzone drifting. I'm pretty sure people are drifting from the first drift zone, through the speedzone and into the second. Getting the angle right is almost impossible though!

Edit: here you go, finally cracked it! https://youtu.be/O_PfW1VEhtM
I think what it is isn't that it's counting *points* before the zone starts, but the rate at which you score points is increased exponentially if you start drifting before the zone starts. If that makes sense: so drifting before doesn't give you extra drift points, but once the zone starts you're in the money zone.

Am I understanding that right? You can still see the counter is somewhat starting from zero, but you start scoring far too quickly. At least Rushy has popped up in this thread so he knows it's going on :)

That is why we need a Lotus Elise S Cup and the "Lancia Delta"!
I like the cut of your jib. Let's be best friends :)

Damn those Sprint events are addictive! It's way too late for me to be up with work in the morning but I wanted to beat those damn One:1's with my FxxK! Had a good sesh earlier with 4 of us on the chat trying to beat each other's time and set the record on nilgiri hills reverse - Maki claimed 2nd, I was 5th and skillet was 8th tho those times have probably been topped now. If you haven't tried the sprints I can strongly recommend them!

Shaneus

Damn those Sprint events are addictive! It's way too late for me to be up with work in the morning but I wanted to beat those damn One:1's with my FxxK! Had a good sesh earlier with 4 of us on the chat trying to beat each other's time and set the record on nilgiri hills reverse - Maki claimed 2nd, I was 5th and skillet was 8th tho those times have probably been topped now. If you haven't tried the sprints I can strongly recommend them!
They're great for my ADHD, because I often shy away from longer challenges because there's too much room for error on my part. But with sprints, I can just keep retrying until I'm happy with a run.

We can set sprints as challenges, yes?

I just got the game + season pass bundle <3
I suck at the game but I'd love to be part of a Driveclub GAF Club. Any vacant club that would kindly take me in? I'm from Brazil btw =]

Stillmatic

- Is there a calendar or site where Evolution announces Double XP events? I missed the Double XP multiplayer weekend, and only happened to logon late yesterday to catch the end of the Double XP club car event. It would be nice to know these ahead of time, or are they every weekend? Are Evo planning to take advantage of the 'Events' feature in the next PS4 firmware?

This is in the 3.0 update. In the beta they already list when it's a Double XP weekend on the events calender. :)

nib95

Banned
Yeah I've been trying to work out the trick. Again it looks like speedzone drifting. I'm pretty sure people are drifting from the first drift zone, through the speedzone and into the second. Getting the angle right is almost impossible though!

Thanks to your help I've now managed to crack 6th on the leader boards for this challenge. Not at all easy mind, took me loads of tries. Even though I can pretty consistently get 10k to 12k now, it's that little bit extra that requires literally absolute precision driving/drifting. Even though it's a cheat, it's probably the most skill requiring cheat I've ever done lol.

Anyway, here's the accompanying video.

https://youtu.be/60KzpiIV3fY

desu

Thanks to your help I've now managed to crack 6th on the leader boards for this challenge. Not at all easy mind, took me loads of tries. Even though I can pretty consistently get 10k to 12k now, it's that little bit extra that requires literally absolute precision driving/drifting. Even though it's a cheat, it's probably the most skill requiring cheat I've ever done lol.

Nice, been trying myself but its way too hard for me to keep control like that.

They're great for my ADHD, because I often shy away from longer challenges because there's too much room for error on my part. But with sprints, I can just keep retrying until I'm happy with a run.

We can set sprints as challenges, yes?

Yep you can set them as challenges, and like you say as the runs are so short it's easy to keep hitting retry and have another go.

desu

Wasn't a fan of sprint events at first because I was expecting completely new tracks, however I love them as well now. Always nice to jump in and have a quick go at some sprint challange.

Firetrappe

Neo Member
I think what it is isn't that it's counting *points* before the zone starts, but the rate at which you score points is increased exponentially if you start drifting before the zone starts. If that makes sense: so drifting before doesn't give you extra drift points, but once the zone starts you're in the money zone.

Am I understanding that right? You can still see the counter is somewhat starting from zero, but you start scoring far too quickly. At least Rushy has popped up in this thread so he knows it's going on :)
I think you're right mate. Also thinking about it more I think it has a lot to do with speed. The drift score is probably calculated using the distance of drift combined with the angle and a speed multiplier. Like you say, starting the drift early means you're in the sweet spot for points when you enter the zone, but also you're probably travelling much faster than if you flick the car into the drift just before the zone begins (ie braking slightly and scrubbing speed).

Congrats! It's quite rewarding when you finally nail it. I have to admit that I doubt I could consistently get those kind of scores though. Since I got that one good score I haven't tried the event again. I'm not a big fan of drifting anyway, but it seemed like a bit too much luck was involved with that challenge. Either that or I just don't have the finesse to drift that accurately lol.

Bit of a different vid from me as it's taken from my live stream, so you can hear my dulcet tones and potty mouth! Surprised myself how much I swear listening back to it... I like the reaction to the finish too!

https://youtu.be/aGWORz-JPGw?t=1205

Oh and I'm not just jabbering away to myself, I'm actually talking to Skillet but his audio isn't shared....

DD

Two disappointments in a row. First the pathetic price reduction on the season pass on the PSN BR, and now I see that there were no GT7 reveal at TGS. :c

desu

Two disappointments in a row. First the pathetic price reduction on the season pass on the PSN BR, and now I see that there were no GT7 reveal at TGS. :c

Don't really know why you expected a TGS reveal in the first place anyway.

LostCanuck

Neo Member
- Alfie Sanders is my nemesis! I'm still working my way through the Tour and I'm almost done the 'Semi-Pro Trophy' just missing the '1st in Championship' star from the Championship Event and Alfie just barely beats me in the points standings every time. GRRR! I unlocked a few new cars yesterday so I may give one of them a chance next time. (I was using the Bentley Continental GT Speed).
I got my Semi-Pro Trophy last night after trying the championship again but with the Ferrari FF that I unlocked at lvl30 on my first try! Really enjoyed that car.

I knocked out a few of the Super events as well. Marussia Drift event and Maplewood Motorsport Park. All the time I spent doing the Evo BMW drift challenge on Sunday really gave me a good feeling for the drift mechanics in the game and I was able to 3 star the Marussia on my 3rd attempt. Happy with that.

Maplewood was a good challenge, I used the 458 Italia. First 2 stars I got by lap 2, but that 0.56 sec lap took me a little while. I kept falling just short over and over (0.56.xxx at least 5 times!) I'm quickly falling in love with the Ferraris though. The sound is fantastic.

I'm going to be picking up the Season Pass tonight, although I'm seriously considering getting the digital/season pass combo as this game loads so fast and is easy to play for 20-30 minute sessions having it on my HD for $20 seems like a no-brainer. Just to make sure, I would have to delete current Driveclub off my HD and then purchase/download the digital edition; and my save/progress carries over, correct?

And thaks to you both, i also managed to crack the top 10, currently sitting on the 9th place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OH5Wyk0xl8

It really took me quite some time though, definitely not something i would care to do on a daily basis. :D

Top Bottom