• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Pachimari

I spelled it wrong. It's the Anima switch. It's like a drive selector switch that changes the personality of the car according to reviewers. So you can switch between strada which is english for street, sport and corsa, which is track.

huracan_viva_italia_18.jpg
That seems very cool. I gotta try it out myself when I unlock the car. Does it actually change anything gameplay wise on your car?

An update we have to pay for? Interesting.

By the way, can I use the new Logitech G29 and gear shifter with DriveClub?

That seems very cool. I gotta try it out myself when I unlock the car. Does it actually change anything gameplay wise on your car?

An update we have to pay for? Interesting.

By the way, can I use the new Logitech G29 and gear shifter with DriveClub?

You misread my comment. I didn't mean you can toggle the switch in the game. They already set it to Strada which is the most aggressive mode for the car. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Hit the first event that I just can't beat in the Driveclub tour.

It's called Punching Above Your Weight and no matter what I do I can't catch up, made worse by the fact the car you need to use (Bentley I think?) handles like a boat.

Any tips? I tried drifting around corners and when I got it right it seemed to help but I'm still terrible at drifting.

Punching above your weight is one of those millestone that you need to beat .
It's such an event that you feel frustration at times YEt when you reach "that" moment and beat it , it's the best feelign ever.

So yeah , the difficulty for this event is HIGH. Don't stress on it , too much , play more of the game and try this event again later .. you'll get it as long as you keep playing driveclub

So we have more boring tracks, recycled events and more super/hypercars to look forward to in this big update? How exciting.

Evos should at least remake all Motorstorm vehicle classes for Driveclub, they cherry picked the Wombat, it's time for the other classes, including the bikes.

Lunar FC

So we have more boring tracks, recycled events and more super/hypercars to look forward to in this big update? How exciting.

Evos should at least remake all Motorstorm vehicle classes for Driveclub, they cherry picked the Wombat, it's time for the other classes, including the bikes.

If you didn't even like the original content why are you still interested in this game?

Pachimari

It would be cool if they added some kind of off-road track with lots of mud that could remind us of Motorstorm.

Besides more tracks and cars, I'm looking forward to the visual improvements.

- Course Maker themes
- Bikes
- Rally

I'd spend some pennies on those. Will I be disappointed in this 'BIG' update, Rushy?

Well I hope rally one day comes because the engine and handling model are perfect for it. We haven't had a decent simcade rally game for ages. I'm not a big fan of motorbike games, big fan of them in real life and would be interested in them as long as there isn't forced stupid bike vs car racing going on, hated that in PGR. If DC ever delivers a course maker I would be very surprised but you might have to just do with Trackmania Turbo in November to tide you over until GT delivers on its promise.

nib95

Banned

Firstly, the tracks aren't boring, they're some of the best tracks in the genre. Secondly, the tracks in DC are fictional, so I don't see how they can be pre-emptively deemed 'boring'. Especially if they add tracks from an entirely new location, which will add it's own personality and aesthetic.

Secondly, we are talking about a car based racing game here you realise that right? The notion that added super or hyper cars could be ever be deemed boring is perplexing. I'd imagine most playing this game are car fans and enthusiasts, who would revel and drool at the prospecting of more awesome cars, not frown at it.

kie25

Hit the first event that I just can't beat in the Driveclub tour.

It's called Punching Above Your Weight and no matter what I do I can't catch up, made worse by the fact the car you need to use (Bentley I think?) handles like a boat.

Any tips? I tried drifting around corners and when I got it right it seemed to help but I'm still terrible at drifting.

Drifting will only slow you down, may look good but the less you drift the faster you will be. Drive it like you would a simulation game but with really late braking :)

drotahorror

Drifting will only slow you down, may look good but the less you drift the faster you will be. Drive it like you would a simulation game but with really late braking :)

And that's one of my problems with Driveclub. I prefer to slide around because it's fun, and likely lose some races because of it.

Shaneus

OH SWEET JESUS CHRIST

So glad I stocked up on discounted PSN cards (in Australia). Be still my heart!

PS. Votes/feels for city tracks, too. Don't care which, but if they go over the PGR4 ones again (at least, the ones with insane elevation changes like Quebec) I'd be happy.

Shaneus

I don't think so. What I understand from his tweet, is that the update is going to be so BIG, that there is no need to spend money on another game. That DriveClub 2.0(?) will keep you busy for the remainder of the year.
Nah, I think it's that you will need to keep some pennies spare from the games in the October release thread to be able to get it. Not that you will spare pennies from the update.

desu

Well you can be glad, you won't have to spend money in October :).

farmerboy

Frankly I think it's disgusting that Evo are even considering making us pay for a new expansion/season pass.

Season pass 1 was bare bones as is and we still don't have private lobbies or a course creator, it's bullshit.

;-)

T_Exige

The tracks in driveclub are top quality, they are fun with the slowest class and even more fun with the hyper class. Almost all of them have great lines to drive and logic in the flow from one apex to the other.
In my opinion, only Gran Turismo is on par with tracks like Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Apricot Hill.

Fingers crossed for an even better Season 2!

Shaneus

Frankly I think it's disgusting that Evo are even considering making us pay for a new expansion/season pass.

Season pass 1 was bare bones as is and we still don't have private lobbies or a course creator, it's bullshit.

;-)
Forgetting something? Ahem.

xrnzaaas

I really hope it's a season 2 pass, because I need a big incentive to get back to playing DC full time (there's just so many other great games out there :)).

Tommi84

Plz, more Performance, sports and super class! I'm begging you, Rushy. Hyper+ class that were lately are great, but I want some slower ones to admire the view, too :):).

Can't wait for the info though. Because of DC, I still haven't finished Bloodborne

OH SWEET JESUS CHRIST

So glad I stocked up on discounted PSN cards (in Australia). Be still my heart!

PS. Votes/feels for city tracks, too. Don't care which, but if they go over the PGR4 ones again (at least, the ones with insane elevation changes like Quebec) I'd be happy.

Oh, Yes!!!! :)

T.O.P

Banned
Hmm i just bought the Season Pass, but everything in the Tour Menu is still locked outside of the base tours

What's happening?? :(

nib95

Banned
Hmm i just bought the Season Pass, but everything in the Tour Menu is still locked outside of the base tours

What's happening?? :(

You still have to individually download each expansion item I believe. Bit of a nuisance, but luckily the files are small.

T.O.P

Banned
You still have to individually download each expansion item I believe. Bit of a nuisance, but luckily the files are small.

Welp i'm stupid, this is gonna suck, since 90% of the time i enter the store from in game it just won't open, might as well download everything i see then start the game

Welp, I think it's time to pack up and call it a day, never going to get higher than this on a leaderboard:

xM7lrMr.png

The Kyle forward, Ferrari FXX K leaderboard.

Blurred because it's my real name, is there any way to make it show my PSN ID on my own screen instead?

kie25

And that's one of my problems with Driveclub. I prefer to slide around because it's fun, and likely lose some races because of it.

Sliding should never be faster in any racing game in my view, arcade or not, Driveclub got it perfect, you can drive like a nutter and be ok but to be fast you need to have skills from simulation games, and understand that exit speed is more important than entry speed.

Top Bottom