• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Makikou

Interesting, PS+ games got announced for October, and Driveclub PS + Edition is being removed.

I really wonder now what is coming :D

eFKac

Interesting, PS+ games got announced for October, and Driveclub PS + Edition is being removed.

I really wonder now what is coming :D

DriveClub going F2P, thank you for your 60$.

Seriously though, was it supposed to be permanent? I don't think so.

Time between PS4 launch and DriveClub release: 326 days
Time between DriveClub release and PS+ Edition release: 261 days
Time between PS+ Edition release and PS+ Edition removal: 103 days
soon (so͞on)
adverb

1. 326 days
  2. 261 days
  3. 103 days
Welp, that lines up exactly with my Sony dictionary of terms. Thanks for the data :)

I can finally put this to rest.

0wNenyl.jpg

#UniteInSpeed. Feels good.

Got to level 62 last night, so time to smash another time trial lap :)

nib95

Banned
Just 3 more Tours left for me to do now, and then I'm ready for the October update. I'm Level 75 driver, and 50 club, so bring on whatever is next!

Side note, anyone else no longer get the chirp or thud from when you complete or fail face-off's during racing? For some reason now I get no audio notification to how well I've done, which is annoying when you're doing races where multiple face-off's are required to be completed.

So what's the quickest way to earn Fame? I had been doing long races before, but that's really bad. Seems like a short ~1 minute, 1 lap race with 11 opponents nets a really good XP/min?

I'm doing the community/challenges and stuff, they're obviously great Fame bonus, but when I'm actually playing now what's the best way to proceed 60+ ?

Shaneus

So what's the quickest way to earn Fame? I had been doing long races before, but that's really bad. Seems like a short ~1 minute, 1 lap race with 11 opponents nets a really good XP/min?

I'm doing the community/challenges and stuff, they're obviously great Fame bonus, but when I'm actually playing now what's the best way to proceed 60+ ?
Someone mentioned it earlier when I asked, but the best is enter a stack of challenges that have lots of people in them. Maybe don't spend too much time on them, but if there are a few hundred people or so finishing mid-pack will net you around 70k.

A non-challenge way of doing I found was best was to jump in a super-fast car, get on BHR (I think that's the one with the massive drifty corner at the end) in the wet and drift like crazy. In a time trial I mean, not actual drift event. That way you can lap for as long as you like and just fang it around all the corners.

Someone mentioned it earlier when I asked, but the best is enter a stack of challenges that have lots of people in them. Maybe don't spend too much time on them, but if there are a few hundred people or so finishing mid-pack will net you around 70k.

A non-challenge way of doing I found was best was to jump in a super-fast car, get on BHR (I think that's the one with the massive drifty corner at the end) in the wet and drift like crazy. In a time trial I mean, not actual drift event. That way you can lap for as long as you like and just fang it around all the corners.

Nice, thanks. I've been doing them.

Drifting is better overall then?! I'll give that a shot this evening, cheers.

Shaneus

Nice, thanks. I've been doing them.

Drifting is better overall then?! I'll give that a shot this evening, cheers.
I've found that, yeah. In the rain around that corner from memory I was getting up to around 5k, plus whatever I'd get around the rest of the track. I think averaging around 10k a lap? It was a while ago.

airjoca

There will be a lot of new PS4 owners around Christmas time, and the plus edition would certainly help sales of the game.

Waiting for the "big" news.

You have hit on my biggest annoyance with the game but I will keep that annoyance to myself as I have already expressed it once here.

What I found best is to do a few challenges but you are restricted to the payouts so if you are impatient like I was at wanting the RS1 then choose either BHR or Tamil Nadu on time trial and start drifting, use heavy rain and a car that is tail happy like the Alpine. I personally preferred Tamil Nadu as you can get around 20,000 per lap (the first three corners give you 10,000 if you get them right). If there is a double fame event use that.

So it looks like the the Driveclub PS+ Edition being currently free, plus the $13 Season Pass, is actually cheaper than the "Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle" for $20. Am I correct in assuming that this is an equivalent amount of content?

desu

So it looks like the the Driveclub PS+ Edition being currently free, plus the $13 Season Pass, is actually cheaper than the "Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle" for $20. Am I correct in assuming that this is an equivalent amount of content?

PS+ version is just a very limited part of the game meant as freebe for PS+ owners to lure them in. Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle will upgrade the PS+ version the full game and add the dlc.

The full game contains a full tour as well as additional cars and tracks and the DLC adds lots of smaller tours and cars.

PS+ version is just a very limited part of the game meant as freebe for PS+ owners to lure them in. Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle will upgrade the PS+ version the full game and add the dlc.

The full game contains a full tour as well as additional cars and tracks and the DLC adds lots of smaller tours and cars.

Ahh, thank you for the clarification; their naming strategy is a bit confusing.

Went back to this yesterday and played quite a bit for the first time in about 8 months. Working my way towards the Platinum; the three trophies which are going to take some time are driving 1000 miles as part of a club (as far as I can tell there's no way to see how many you've driven while part of a club?), getting 1,000,000 points from drifting (I'm at 250k at the moment and I kind of hate drifting) and of course getting to level 50 (I'm currently level 30). Nothing too difficult really, but will take some time and I'll keep playing a little as often as I can.

Nyx

Went back to this yesterday and played quite a bit for the first time in about 8 months. Working my way towards the Platinum; the three trophies which are going to take some time are driving 1000 miles as part of a club (as far as I can tell there's no way to see how many you've driven while part of a club?), getting 1,000,000 points from drifting (I'm at 250k at the moment and I kind of hate drifting) and of course getting to level 50 (I'm currently level 30). Nothing too difficult really, but will take some time and I'll keep playing a little as often as I can.

I just need the 1m drift points but probably will never reach that as I hate drifting too.

Hope we get to know what's in the big October update soon, maybe it's so good that I will play more again and maybe then somewhere in 2016 I might get the plat trophy after all.

I just need the 1m drift points but probably will never reach that as I hate drifting too.

Hope we get to know what's in the big October update soon, maybe it's so good that I will play more again and maybe then somewhere in 2016 I might get the plat trophy after all.

As far as I can tell the best strategy is not to participate in drifting events, but find a course (preferably a track rather than point-to-point) and keep doing time trial events, hand-braking around every corner and try to build up your drifting total by 20 or 30k in each session. I can only do this for a little while before getting really tired of it, but it does seem like a decent plan if you don't typically drift much in other events (I never do).

Nyx

As far as I can tell the best strategy is not to participate in drifting events, but find a course (preferably a track rather than point-to-point) and keep doing time trial events, hand-braking around every corner and try to build up your drifting total by 20 or 30k in each session. I can only do this for a little while before getting really tired of it, but it does seem like a decent plan if you don't typically drift much in other events (I never do).

Yeah I should do that, thanks for the tip!

Makikou

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72

Just quote this list add yours and it'll keep together somehow..

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72

Just quote this list add yours and it'll keep together somehow..
Optimus_Prime

Thanks! I was hoping someone would make a DriveclubGAF community. Now we'll have another place for people to post their eye-melting screenshots.

IKizzLE

After playing the NFS beta for a couple of hours and then immediately popping in Driveclub after a multi month layoff, the new NFS retroactively made Driveclub seem even better.

I'm not sure if NFS just sucks or if Driveclub is just that far ahead.

IKizzLE

Talking just graphics or gameplay as well?

Everything but customization. AI is super slippery rubbery, gameplay....yeaaa, graphics were nice but driveclub's are still crisper and pop more.
No cockpit nor a choice for manual. No lobbies for actual races(trend in these open world racers i guess). Sense of speed wasnt as good either.

I mean, all in all.....I'll probably be sticking with driveclub for my racer this fall if they nail private lobbies.

Everything but customization. AI is super slippery rubbery, gameplay....yeaaa, graphics were nice but driveclub's are still crisper and pop more.
No cockpit nor a choice for manual. No lobbies for actual races(trend in these open world racers i guess). Sense of speed wasnt as good either.

I mean, all in all.....I'll probably be sticking with driveclub for my racer this fall if they nail private lobbies.

Showing my age but I haven't liked a need for Speed game since this one..

https://youtu.be/K_cVTBY0NoE

God those video sequences are cringey tho!

Nice duel around Autodromo from last night.

https://youtu.be/kKa9kxacXX4

DieH@rd

Banned
T_T

I played the DriveClub a lot after they released weather patch, so much so that I finished the main tour and first two free expansions Evolution gave to everyone. I got ALL the stars from those three SP campaigns [main + 2 packs], and then I returned the game back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145773700#post145773700

Today I purchased DC and Season Pass to finally start playing additional content I missed, and when I fired up the game I saw that my XP level and track achivements are all there [points earned, timings, I'm level 38] but my Tour stars are all missing. T_T

What the fuck GAF. I purchased the game and Season Pass so that I could continue playing where I left off. Now the thing I spent a lot of time to get is all gone. I never heard that Evolution did some server stats wipe. WTF happened.

edit - before you ask, I've re-downloaded my Cloud savegame from 31st January of 2015, and my stars are still missing.

Auctopus

Time Trialling is still such a shit experience for me.

I'm stuck at No.11 on the Lake Shoji Evo challenge this week and like usual, my ghosts start playing up.

Either...

A) My ghosts and other player's ghosts disappear and I'm left with no reference of throughout the race of how well I'm doing as the timer acts as if I'm racing against a time of 0:00. Every sector I go through will just have the time of the entire sector e.g. +24.567 - It makes it near impossible to improve my time and becomes completely unfun.

B) Random ghosts of mine appear from laps ago. I think I'm beating my current time only to find when I cross the line that the ghost is from some lap half an hour ago.

It's difficult when I get to a point where I have to push my skills to get in to the Top 10 and I've gotta deal with this. I wish we could just download other people's ghosts or choose exactly which ghosts we want to see in the Options.

Top Bottom