• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Time Trialling is still such a shit experience for me.

I'm stuck at No.11 on the Lake Shoji Evo challenge this week and like usual, my ghosts start playing up.

Either...

A) My ghosts and other player's ghosts disappear and I'm left with no reference of throughout the race of how well I'm doing as the timer acts as if I'm racing against a time of 0:00. Every sector I go through will just have the time of the entire sector e.g. +24.567 - It makes it near impossible to improve my time and becomes completely unfun.

B) Random ghosts of mine appear from laps ago. I think I'm beating my current time only to find when I cross the line that the ghost is from some lap half an hour ago.

It's difficult when I get to a point where I have to push my skills to get in to the Top 10 and I've gotta deal with this. I wish we could just download other people's ghosts or choose exactly which ghosts we want to see in the Options.

Yeah being able to select ghosts to download would be a good feature though I must say the current system works well for me. What happens if you leave the challenge then go back in? Is it time related?

T_T

<snip> I got ALL the stars from those three SP campaigns [main + 2 packs], and then I returned the game back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145773700#post145773700

Today I purchased DC and Season Pass to finally start playing additional content I missed, and when I fired up the game I saw that my XP level and track achivements are all there [points earned, timings, I'm level 38] but my Tour stars are all missing. T_T

What the fuck GAF. I purchased the game and Season Pass so that I could continue playing where I left off. Now the thing I spent a lot of time to get is all gone. I never heard that Evolution did some server stats wipe. WTF happened.

edit - before you ask, I've re-downloaded my Cloud savegame from 31st January of 2015, and my stars are still missing.

Returned the game back?

As for the stats wipe, i'm pretty sure that was the initial time trial times as I know Vaga was pissed as he held most of the records at the time - pretty sure that was in the very early days though and was done due to the changes in how much barriers and dirt slowed you down. Have all your details gone? Are your personal records gone too or just the stars?

Auctopus

Yeah being able to select ghosts to download would be a good feature though I must say the current system works well for me. What happens if you leave the challenge then go back in? Is it time related?

A) is the most common issue when I come back to the challenge or restart.

ZalXII

T_T

I played the DriveClub a lot after they released weather patch, so much so that I finished the main tour and first two free expansions Evolution gave to everyone. I got ALL the stars from those three SP campaigns [main + 2 packs], and then I returned the game back.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145773700#post145773700

Today I purchased DC and Season Pass to finally start playing additional content I missed, and when I fired up the game I saw that my XP level and track achivements are all there [points earned, timings, I'm level 38] but my Tour stars are all missing. T_T

What the fuck GAF. I purchased the game and Season Pass so that I could continue playing where I left off. Now the thing I spent a lot of time to get is all gone. I never heard that Evolution did some server stats wipe. WTF happened.

edit - before you ask, I've re-downloaded my Cloud savegame from 31st January of 2015, and my stars are still missing.
I'm pretty sure the physical save is not compatible with a digital save. Just to be sure, you downloaded a save with "Driveclub" written in red with a black background? Cause that's the player progress save (i think it's called like that).
That save contains a few things that get wiped when deleted:

- Stars progress set to 0.
- Custom Liveries switch back to default
- Tutorial back to default including the starting race
- Options back to default

Everything else is saved serverside, deleted my save a few timnes already to redo tour mode and this is what happens everytime. They should patch in a less hassle "Reset" button for tour stars.

Though, i did not try this again after they introduced elite levels over 65 since they have star requirements. So maybe you even lose some levels now when already on 75.

Deband

What are the benefits to being in a community?

Anyone else addicted to the random event option? I can't help but do one more, great fun.

Shaneus

Because some people might get missed out because they're not quoting and editing, here's the list so far:

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72
Leslitorez34
Optimus_Prime
farmerboy007
MMaRsu
Shaneus2k2

drotahorror

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72
Leslitorez34
Optimus_Prime
farmerboy007
MMaRsu
Shaneus2k2
anatomyhorror

Added myself to the list. Thanks. (Just add my psn to list and I'll get an invite I guess?)

T_Exige

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72
Leslitorez34
Optimus_Prime
farmerboy007
MMaRsu
Shaneus2k2
anatomyhorror
T_Exige

Denur

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72
Leslitorez34
Optimus_Prime
farmerboy007
MMaRsu
Shaneus2k2
anatomyhorror
T_Exige
Denur

Since we're just adding names to a list but no one has stepped up to actually found the community, i'll do it, just give me some ideas for the name. My conservative (boring) suggestion: Driveclub GAF - United in Speed. Unless there is someone among us who has experience with this communities stuff from the 3.0 beta and is willing to take over, because i have no experience whatsoever.

nib95

Banned
Since we're just adding names to a list but no one has stepped up to actually found the community, i'll do it, just give me some ideas for the name. My conservative (boring) suggestion: Driveclub GAF - United in Speed. Unless there is someone among us who has experience with this communities stuff from the 3.0 beta and is willing to take over, because i have no experience whatsoever.

Sounds good to me.

Rushy
Auctopus
everlong416
DHC-Shannow
Andyspants
nyx1978
Makikou72
Leslitorez34
Optimus_Prime
farmerboy007
MMaRsu
Shaneus2k2
anatomyhorror
T_Exige
Denur
NIBZY

Everything but customization. AI is super slippery rubbery, gameplay....yeaaa, graphics were nice but driveclub's are still crisper and pop more.
No cockpit nor a choice for manual. No lobbies for actual races(trend in these open world racers i guess). Sense of speed wasnt as good either.

I mean, all in all.....I'll probably be sticking with driveclub for my racer this fall if they nail private lobbies.

Completely agree with all your points. I don't really understand how NFS, being an arcade racer still feels so much heavier and tankier in terms of physics and handling compared to simcade racers such as Driveclub and Horizon 2. I mean, my BRZ handles heavier and slower than even the Continental GT in DC, despite all my tuning and tweaking. I was expecting something twitchy and responsive, a la Burnout or Need for Speed of old, but it's quite the opposite, at least with the earlier vehicles anyway. Jumping back to Driveclub after roughly 4 hours of NFS definitely made me appreciate the latter that much more.

Makikou

DriveGAF or something. :D

DriveClub Gaf : "it's not about how fast you drive, it's about how you drive fast"

Just quoting MSR's philosophy...

This is a great suggestion, but sadly too long, couldn't quite fit it in. Since the name can be changed later, i'll just go ahead with "DriveGAF" for now, but i'll change it if/when someone comes up with a better name.

Edit: Ok, i put the MSR motto in the description. The community logo and background are placeholders, i'm open to suggestions if someone wants to send me better pics. I'm sending out the invites now. I never founded a community for anything, so bear with me.

Edit2: I think i added everyone on the list so far, except Rushy, since he didn't add himself and i don't want to presume too much. We'll gladly have him though, if he decides to join the DriveGAF community. :)
If i forgot anyone, please let me know.

Shaneus

DriveClub Gaf : "it's not about how fast you drive, it's about how you drive fast"

Just quoting MSR's philosophy...
I love it! I think it was a full stop though and not a comma, but I can roll with it :)

I'm just happy to see a nod to MSR/PGR/Bizarre there. Surprised there weren't as many in the game, to be honest.

3AM

Banned
First off this is the best racing game ive ever played. Played it on and off for long periods since it was released. Amazing gameplay, great sound, great visuals. The complete package and never really gets old.

Anyways, I mostly play mp and i havent played in awhile so i come back and every event i play is limited to 5 or 6 cars in a class. This is getting annoying. I am sure they used to let me select from a much greater number earlier. WHY?

First off this is the best racing game ive ever played. Played it on and off for long periods since it was released. Amazing gameplay, great sound, great visuals. The complete package and never really gets old.

Anyways, I mostly play mp and i havent played in awhile so i come back and every event i play is limited to 5 or 6 cars in a class. This is getting annoying. I am sure they used to let me select from a much greater number earlier. WHY?

They mix it up all the time, but they often restrict the cars available to select to stop you just choosing the same ones every time. There's quite a big range of performance within a class so the slower cars never get used if they give the full range.

LostCanuck

Neo Member
I only planned on playing a few hours each day this weekend, but once I started I couldn't stop playing and gave up on College football Saturday and NFL Sunday. Still making my way through the original tour events and completed Savage Rivalry, Hypercar Masters and Norwegian Lightweight Series all with cars I had never tried before. After driving the BAC Mono for the first time, I kept doing Single Events (using various locations to level up personal/club accolades) with the BAC as it was a blast to drive. The engine sound with that helmet view and its sense of speed with handling are terrific. I drove it so much I ended up maxing out its Accolade. There are so many more cars I have yet to drive, I found it fun and challenging picking one and learning the ins/outs with it.

After that I jumped into a bunch of other single events using 2xp PS+ cars and maxed out the Bentley and Maserati Accolades as well (almost got VW and Mini). Got about 8.5 levels and the 'Lifer' trophy this weekend.

Next up though: Venom Hot Lap! Another car I have yet to drive.

Club Question: The various Club Accolade bonuses stack, correct? I think I knocked out 3 or 4 this weekend.

I only planned on playing a few hours each day this weekend, but once I started I couldn't stop playing and gave up on College football Saturday and NFL Sunday. Still making my way through the original tour events and completed Savage Rivalry, Hypercar Masters and Norwegian Lightweight Series all with cars I had never tried before. After driving the BAC Mono for the first time, I kept doing Single Events (using various locations to level up personal/club accolades) with the BAC as it was a blast to drive. The engine sound with that helmet view and its sense of speed with handling are terrific. I drove it so much I ended up maxing out its Accolade. There are so many more cars I have yet to drive, I found it fun and challenging picking one and learning the ins/outs with it.

After that I jumped into a bunch of other single events using 2xp PS+ cars and maxed out the Bentley and Maserati Accolades as well (almost got VW and Mini). Got about 8.5 levels and the 'Lifer' trophy this weekend.

Next up though: Venom Hot Lap! Another car I have yet to drive.

Club Question: The various Club Accolade bonuses stack, correct? I think I knocked out 3 or 4 this weekend.

Great to hear your enjoying it so much :) Venom hotlap is easily the toughest event in the original tour so expect to get held up there a while - remember slow in and fast out with that car, brake early and get it turned in before getting back on the power.

As for the club question, not sure what you mean - everything you do counts towards the club accolades but they need much more XP / fame to complete.

LostCanuck

Neo Member
Great to hear your enjoying it so much :) Venom hotlap is easily the toughest event in the original tour so expect to get held up there a while - remember slow in and fast out with that car, brake early and get it turned in before getting back on the power.

As for the club question, not sure what you mean - everything you do counts towards the club accolades but they need much more XP / fame to complete.
Thanks! I haven't been this hooked with a racer in quite a while. Heck, any game actually.

I'll keep your tips for the Venom in mind, appreciate the help.

As for my Club question, I seem to recall there were little bonuses for Club Accolades. ie. +1% Overdrive Bonus when club hit level 1 Accolade for Canada location, +1% Overdrive Bonus for Events Accolade. I think I saw a +2% Overdrive Bonus for level 2 Canada location as a reward. I'm not at home to check, but will confirm after work.

I was able to complete the tour without much problem, but some of the events in Apex and Sakura are killing me. It is usually the ones where I am forced to use a specific car and it always feels like the cars start ahead of me and I can never catch up. Did anyone else have problems with these tours? Any tips?

Also I'm so into drifting at the moment.

I was able to complete the tour without much problem, but some of the events in Apex and Sakura are killing me. It is usually the ones where I am forced to use a specific car and it always feels like the cars start ahead of me and I can never catch up. Did anyone else have problems with these tours? Any tips?

Also I'm so into drifting at the moment.

It feels like they are starting in front of you because their time hasn't been set during the first lap. Do a lap and push the car as hard as you can through the last corner and the final straight, that way you'll pass the finish/starting line with a higher top speed and you'll be able to follow the ghost.

Could I grab an invite too please, PSN AbandonedTrolley

Sure, invite sent. :)

Here's another good online duel vid (been lucky to have a few of these recently) this time with TRP_BUTTON - I'm sure the race wouldn't have been anything like as close if I'd had to use the M4 but a good race nonetheless. You also get the added bonus of hearing my one sided conversation with ainsz and the sound of my dog having a good scratch all the way through the damn race....

https://youtu.be/HqY8JgASjzU

Makikou

Here's another good online duel vid (been lucky to have a few of these recently) this time with TRP_BUTTON - I'm sure the race wouldn't have been anything like as close if I'd had to use the M4 but a good race nonetheless. You also get the added bonus of hearing my one sided conversation with ainsz and the sound of my dog having a good scratch all the way through the damn race....

https://youtu.be/HqY8JgASjzU

Sounds good, will check it out later. I need to pop around later on.. my T300RS wheel rim is broken now and i have to ship it off for warranty and pretty much screws up all my plans. Sigh :(

Nyx

Yep, the addiction is back!

Was driving the Reventon in a single event time trial last night when I got ''in the zone'' again, that feeling that you're as close to the edge as you can be while still controlling the car.

Best damn feeling in a racing game ever!

Yesterday I drove the challenge with the x-bow in norway. I fell in love with the game once again haha .
Wouuld be nice if you could add me to the ps4 community.
psn: ilpaulio

Thanks!

I took a break playing Driveclub to play some Bloodborne. I'll hop back into DC soon. Please add me to the community.

PSN: VindictiveGnome

Edit: Thanks for the add!

2scoops

Just got back into Driveclub after awhile, trying to get my Elite levels. Add me to the community please?

PSN TWO-SCOOP

Is the 20€/$ game + seasonpass upgrade permanent (for now atleast)? There was something about the ps+ version/demo being removed but does it affect the discounted ones with ps+?

Asking because I finally broke and I'm getting the UC bundle soon(tm) and it comes with 3 months of plus.

It won't stop me from getting both but I'd rather get them for 20€ instead of 43€.

Yesterday I drove the challenge with the x-bow in norway. I fell in love with the game once again haha .
Wouuld be nice if you could add me to the ps4 community.
psn: ilpaulio

Thanks!

I took a break playing Driveclub to play some Bloodborne. I'll hop back into DC soon. Please add me to the community.

PSN: VindictiveGnome

Edit: Thanks for the add!

Just got back into Driveclub after awhile, trying to get my Elite levels. Add me to the community please?

PSN TWO-SCOOP

Please add me as well

psn- varunevo

Invites sent.

Games bought with discounts (as opposeed to the free ones) are yours forever and you don't need ps+ to play in case your subscription expire.

I might have worded that poorly, I'm aware that if I bought something with ps+ and got a discount it would be just like any other sale and if I get a "free" ps+ game it's mine as long as I have a ps+ going on.

What I was asking/meant/wondered was that is the current 15/20 €/$ price point permanent for now or was it going to go away like the ps+ demo.

Top Bottom