• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Nyx

Happy 1-year anniversary guys!

Can't believe I've been playing this game for a whole year already and still not sick of it at all.

Would be really helpful once private lobby updates come in

Yep I hadn't thought of that, We just stick a post on there when we start it up. I just thought there was something built in so you can join peeps who aren't on your friends lost but part of the same community.

My little lad was up at 5.30am this morning and quite likes to watch me play DC so went online around 6am UK time. Quite surprised how full the server was for that time. Anyway if this is the standard of driver you meet then I don't think I'll be repeating the experience - first time I've seen a player abandon a several second lead to have a go at someone, especially me! I'd actually clocked the guy in the menu as probably the closest threat speed wise as he was using my secret weapon (electric SLS) and was a rank 75...

https://youtu.be/1XdyPDj-VlI

So if I only have the PS+ edition, what do I need to upgrade the regular edition? Just the 20 dollar season pass?

No you would need the PS+ Upgrade which I believe is $20 too, the season pass adds the additional cars/tours. Think you've just missed out on a great sale for the upgrade and pass too.

Not much going on in there at the moment - how does it help peeps meet up?

I'm not sure if that's only there for me as the owner, but there's an option to create a party for community members, and then there's the now playing tab, which is supposed to show active community game sessions. I suppose the main idea is that you can more easily join sessions or invite people to one without them having to be on your FL? As i said, i don't have any experience with this yet, which is why i was hoping that someone who participated in the 3.0 firmware beta would have created the DriveGAF community. I guess i'll have to read up a bit on the whole communities deal.

Denur

1754875awojg0zsta.gif

Shaneus

New locations, tracks, cars and private lobbies and I'm set for another year of DriveClub.

Do it Rushy!
I really hope this is not the surprise Rushy teased on twitter. : /
Doubt it. Whenever they've teased big/important features, they've been appropriately dramatic (or not). If they say it's big, it'll be big.
My guess is it'll be the next year's season release schedule. Announce there'll be a new location or two but not specify where.

Rushy did favourite my tweet saying DC is my PGR5, so maybe cities could be a thing? IMO they're the only thing that could make DC markedly better.

AMG

Neo Member
I got back into GT6 about 2 weeks back because my 3 year old son wanted to play a driving game together with me and GT6 was the only offline, split screen game I had readily available (in my mind) lol. Anyway, as we raced I noticed that GT6 uses the subwoofer LFE channel more for the deep grunt sounds of the cars. Now, while they don't sound overall as great as Driveclub, the clarity from the bass all the way to the treble is crystal clear. Even the use of 7.1 sound is excellent! If Driveclub's more 'real' sound cars could be combined with the clarity of GT6's sound, then I think we would achieve car sound nirvana.

I was really impressed with the clarity and it also led me to better understand when Kazunori-san has on a few occasions mentioned that he didn't understand that the quality of the sound was not found to be good by many players. I think his understanding of quality was whether the game properly represented the lossless 7.1 clearly and deeply sound versus 'our' (I use this loosely as a representation of the majority of players) understanding of the sounds to try to resemble more closely their real life counterparts. This distinction between recording quality versus resemblance makes me understand better, what I think he was surprised about.

I tested GT6 again versus Driveclub using the Nissan GTR Nismo and in GT6, that car has some proper bass down low when accelerating from low revs versus Driveclub. While in Driveclub it has a better resemblance to its real life counterpart. Now if only they can merge the two... :))

If Rushy is reading this, please find away to better employ the use the subwoofer LFE channel, to better represent the bass and give the cars the full grunt they deserve to match the graphical showcase that still impresses a year later! Get GT6 if need be and compare on your surround sound system to better understand what I'm talking (jabbering on) about. :)

benzy

A year has gone by so fast...

Rushy did favourite my tweet saying DC is my PGR5, so maybe cities could be a thing? IMO they're the only thing that could make DC markedly better.

At least one city environment in this game would be awesome.

tumblr_m414dlczcP1rr86mho1_500.gif

nib95

Banned
A year has gone by so fast...

At least one city environment in this game would be awesome.

tumblr_m414dlczcP1rr86mho1_500.gif

Please be true!

Side note, just going to mirror some of the other posts. Happy One Year Anniversary! Played this game hundreds of hours over the year ever since it launched, and I'm still not done with it. On top of that, I'm not even remotely bored of it. Each time I turn it on and give it a go, it sinks it's hooks in to me and is just an utter joy to play.

krioto

Please be true!

Side note, just going to mirror some of the other posts. Happy One Year Anniversary! Played this game hundreds of hours over the year ever since it launched, and I'm still not done with it. On top of that, I'm not even remotely bored of it. Each time I turn it on and give it a go, it sinks it's hooks in to me and is just an utter joy to play.

Agree with all the above - playing DC daily is main reason I still need to finish MGS5 & Witcher - always just one more race!

Shaneus

Please be true!
It's literally absolute speculation and projection on my part, so take it with the earth's supply of salt. Hell, Rushy even said very early in the piece that PGR was a favourite of theirs or an influence or something, and *that* didn't indicate any city tracks.

Just that environmentally, the only thing that has Driveclub's number is Forza with Rio and that Russian track.

Finally started to play a little more of DC this morning. Just going through some of the DLC races a few times to get the hang of the controls and I'm really pleased with how well I'm adapting--- I was still finishing in dead last mind you lol but I went from my first three races being off-track, side crashing disasters, to being able to complete races without a single side-rail makeout session, to finally pulling out a last-minute 2nd place finish in my final race before I needed to head out to work this morning. Such a great feeling of satisfaction.

Ebolarama

Banned
It's literally absolute speculation and projection on my part, so take it with the earth's supply of salt. Hell, Rushy even said very early in the piece that PGR was a favourite of theirs or an influence or something, and *that* didn't indicate any city tracks.

Just that environmentally, the only thing that has Driveclub's number is Forza with Rio and that Russian track.

It's Prague which is in the Czech Republic, and I consider Long Beach a city track as well. If they add New York back in, there's a fourth. But I take your point. City tracks would be a nice addition to DC.

I wonder if the reason there aren't city tracks in DC is because of the fictional nature of the tracks. No real world race tracks exist, obviously, and while the locations are real world, they don't have to conform to the actual location in anything other than appearance and climate.

These breaking points/distances and throttle control will take same time to get used to.
Handling wise it's really fun. I thought it would be harder to jump from GT to this.

And last but not least, the noise, oh the noise. :)

Oh and Venom shaking itself apart at high speeds is terrifying.

- edit -

And the sense of speed is amazing. Also, is the McLaren F1 a bit tame for a hyper car?

Auctopus

I wonder if the reason there aren't city tracks in DC is because of the fictional nature of the tracks. No real world race tracks exist, obviously, and while the locations are real world, they don't have to conform to the actual location in anything other than appearance and climate.

Imo, buildings are not the strongest suit of the driveclub engine. I'd be hesitant to see how great an urban track would like in driveclub in comparison to one amongst nature.

krioto

I never really noticed, I just love how it sounds. Favourite sounding car in the game IMO.

Yes, but the Renault RS.01 really gives it a run!

The F1 handles really well, so for a hyper it is easier to drive - not as easy as the P1 though -that's like gliding around on rails

Any recommendations on a fast "go-to" car when going for those Accolades? Just starting out and I feel like there are a few tracks that I'm familiar enough with now that I can run a clean race and move up a couple of positions, but never seem fast enough to get on the podium without just crashing into everyone, which also backfires since that inevitably slows me down.

Any recommendations on a fast "go-to" car when going for those Accolades? Just starting out and I feel like there are a few tracks that I'm familiar enough with now that I can run a clean race and move up a couple of positions, but never seem fast enough to get on the podium without just crashing into everyone, which also backfires since that inevitably slows me down.

Depends on the class

Hot hatch - Megane
Sports - I go with the DeZir as it's the fastest but it has some handling traits that many don't like. The Audi RS5 is most peeps weapon of choice.
Performance - volkswagon gti design vision is fast and easy to drive
Super - Massive range now and everyone will have their favs, the mono and Caterham handle wonderfully but are limited for top speed whilst the mazzanti is nearly as quick as a hyper but hard work in the corners. Best choice really comes down to the track (high speed vs tight bends).
Hypers - again a big choice, the zonda is a great all rounder as is the F1 whilst the one:1 is the fastest beast around but not for the faint of heart!

Depends on the class

Hot hatch - Megane
Sports - I go with the DeZir as it's the fastest but it has some handling traits that many don't like. The Audi RS5 is most peeps weapon of choice.
Performance - volkswagon gti design vision is fast and easy to drive
Super - Massive range now and everyone will have their favs, the mono and Caterham handle wonderfully but are limited for top speed whilst the mazzanti is nearly as quick as a hyper but hard work in the corners. Best choice really comes down to the track (high speed vs tight bends).
Hypers - again a big choice, the zonda is a great all rounder as is the F1 whilst the one:1 is the fastest beast around but not for the faint of heart!

Scholar and gentleman. Thank you for this! Can't wait to get home and try out a few.

Nyx

As I'm nowhere near lvl 66 and had 2 euros spare in my PSN wallet I bought the Renault.

Holy shit, drives perfectly!

Yeah I should do that, thanks for the tip!

Just a note that if you're still gunning for 1,000,000 drift points now's a good time to have a crack as it's double XP on all vehicles right now. I did some grinding yesterday and got myself up to about 350,000 drift points total.

Nyx

Just a note that if you're still gunning for 1,000,000 drift points now's a good time to have a crack as it's double XP on all vehicles right now. I did some grinding yesterday and got myself up to about 350,000 drift points total.

Yeah I definitely should take advantage of that, problem is though that it's Battlefront beta weekend and Transformers Devastation just arrived in the mail. ;-)

If the community is still going around, psn id: kihti
It seems there is no easy way to search for communities or am I missing something?

- edit -

Got the community invite, thanks.

Top Bottom