• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Anyone else find themselves subject to a feud from another club online? I've just realised that those two chumps who went for me the other morning are team mates with a guy who I had a falling out with in frigging March! Whenever I see him online now he always tries to ram me and has clearly made his team mates aware of me.

What makes this even more laughable is I'm one of the last guys to get involved with online bashing, and hate it when races deteriorate into tit for tat smashing. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Deband

Had my ps3 turned on for first time in a while yesterday and thought I'd have a little shot of gt6. Now I can really appreciate how well Evolution have done for their first try.

Gt6 is so dated, like a year and a half after its release and the menus, jesus the menus.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
After almost a year of trying, I think that I simply am incapabke of completeing the Venom Hot Lap. Hundreds of tries later I still don't know how to take the entire middle section of the track. Driveclub wins. I give up lol

SUCK MY DICK DRIVECLUB I DID IT
Oh do I know that feeling:

NZrsjVG.jpg

Congratulations :)

Just need six more stars to hit 70th level now myself. Some of those end-game challenges have been a bitch and a half, but I've appreciated what I've learned from each one. This game still surprises and challenges.

Edit: 70 achieve! huzzah.. Some 60 or so more stars to hit 71 though - that'll be a long time coming for me...

Prodigal

Banned
The driveclub add-ons in the store are confusing my dumb brain. Can someone link exactly what I need to unlock the game past the free ps plus edition? Just the bare minimum that gets me the full game without added paid dlc that came after.

The driveclub add-ons in the store are confusing my dumb brain. Can someone link exactly what I need to unlock the game past the free ps plus edition? Just the bare minimum that gets me the full game without added paid dlc that came after.

If you have ps+ then just the full game (+ season pass) unlock for 15/20 €/$. Then you will have fun "purchasing" every tour/livery/content pack from the store. I don't know if there is a easier way to do that but anyone feel free to correct that.

The Renault and LaFerrari are just quick unlocks it seems.

- edit -

Snowing + night is scary T_T

I seems at the start that it isn't that bad.

Then it gets a bit worse.

And now I'm screwed.

If you have ps+ then just the full game (+ season pass) unlock for 15/20 €/$. Then you will have fun "purchasing" every tour/livery/content pack from the store. I don't know if there is a easier way to do that but anyone feel free to correct that.

The Renault and LaFerrari are just quick unlocks it seems.

- edit -

Snowing + night is scary T_T

I seems at the start that it isn't that bad.

Then it gets a bit worse.

And now I'm screwed.

So was that from the elements tour final event? Your blasting through the game if that's the case!

If not here's what you've got in store...

https://youtu.be/UnL8HCpbTDg

farmerboy

This is pretty much the case. That Venom HL puts you in a good "I can beat any time now" frame of mind. It's pretty clever like that.

unlimited capacity is his tag. I was having a laugh at that. But I totally agree with you, once that event clicks, it makes you a better driver straight away.

Venom Hotlap 2 can go fuck itself though.

krioto

unlimited capacity is his tag. I was having a laugh at that. But I totally agree with you, once that event clicks, it makes you a better driver straight away.

Venom Hotlap 2 can go fuck itself though.

I actually think that VH 2 was slightly easier than the original - all that track knowledge embedded in your brain from the first time around.

Can I get an invite to the community?

psn: mysticstryk

I'm cruising through the original Driveclub tour, is there any tour from the season pass that stands out in particular I should do next?

Can I get an invite to the community?

psn: mysticstryk

I'm cruising through the original Driveclub tour, is there any tour from the season pass that stands out in particular I should do next?

Elements is the toughest one if you fancy a challenge. Sakura was pretty good from memory for all the Japanese tracks.

As an aside, WRC 5 comes out this week if anyone has an itch for a next gen rally game. Digital only in NA. The previews have been positive so far.

Shaneus

As an aside, WRC 5 comes out this week if anyone has an itch for a next gen rally game. Digital only in NA. The previews have been positive so far.
Reviews on the Steam store page say the game is "mixed". So I wouldn't hold your breath... might even be worth waiting for Loeb Rally Evo or even if Dirt Rally comes to consoles.

Reviews on the Steam store page say the game is "mixed". So I wouldn't hold your breath... might even be worth waiting for Loeb Rally Evo or even if Dirt Rally comes to consoles.
Hmm... Thanks for the thought but I think I'll check it out anyway, I like trying things myself. I want a racing game this fall and nothing else interests me.

Dunno if this is the same event that motorised mallard had fun with but the snow & night conditions took the entire grid out - It doesn't look that bad at all from the trackside camera's but you can see from the gameplay camera's how bad it gets.

https://youtu.be/3OzrXGJI4f0

Must be a combination of the high sloping back of the Spyker and the low nose of the Survolt but they combine well to comic effect...

https://youtu.be/9_Oc0e-Hgsc

Dunno if this is the same event that motorised mallard had fun with but the snow & night conditions took the entire grid out - It doesn't look that bad at all from the trackside camera's but you can see from the gameplay camera's how bad it gets.

https://youtu.be/3OzrXGJI4f0

Must be a combination of the high sloping back of the Spyker and the low nose of the Survolt but they combine well to comic effect...

https://youtu.be/9_Oc0e-Hgsc

Yup, looks like the same event.

- edit -

Weird how you can have both, the best and the worst parts of multiplayer in the same race.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c73AO0nqaQs

Oh man, i'm itching for some news on the next update. I guess we're getting the announcement next week, followed up by the update a week later. How about some hints in the meantime, Rushy? :)

T_Exige

Oh man, i'm itching for some news on the next update. I guess we're getting the announcement next week, followed up by the update a week later. How about some hints in the meantime, Rushy? :)

Same, so looking forward to new content, I tried to start playing GT6 again with that new creator, but I just can't get into it anymore. I got spoiled will all these fancy sportscars/noise/driving from DriveClub.
I think I found my N° 1 racing game ...

You're going to have to wait till the end of the month as Evolution Studios just replied to my comment on youtube saying its coming at the end of the month.

You're going to have to wait till the end of the month as Evolution Studios just replied to my comment on youtube saying its coming at the end of the month.

Boo! In that case, i hope that whatever they have, it (or part of it, if it's season pass 2) will be available right after the announcement.
Thanks for asking!

They said, I think in Facebook comments, that there'd be teases leading up to it.

Where da teazers at.

If they pitch up at PGW then they must have something to show. At least I hope they don't just go 'season pass 2, will have some cars in it, bye'.

I guess they could showcase what they've done with private lobbies. And the course creator. And the fully custom livery creator.

Top Bottom