• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

You're going to have to wait till the end of the month as Evolution Studios just replied to my comment on youtube saying its coming at the end of the month.
Rather than saying "October" (meaning *late* October) they should've just said "November" so we're not all on tenterhooks for the majority of the month.

Guess I was right, sadly. If it's really at PGW then it should be big ebough though, excited!
Big prediction: City locations. Maybe even some offroading? Possibly even Porsches too which would be nice, but not a big deal. RUF covers them off nicely with cars like the Yellowbird (like I'm hoping we'll eventually see).
I think lobbies might get a mention, but doubt it will be the big announcement most are hoping for. They don't show off well on a big screen like locations/cars do.

G27 support wouldn't go astray either, but I don't see that happening at all :/

desu

Speaking of facebook posts:

On Difficulty
we're reworking every event to offer difficulty options so that they can be easier or harder as you wish.

On new tracks and private lobbies:
We're working on both, Private lobbies for custom multiplayer games are coming soon.

Yay, haven't had problems with difficulty yet.

Also Elements cleared, Venom lap took some time compared to the first one. 2 laps vs 30-40 mins of sliding around.

Good going there finishing those events, you'll probably find most of the other events a breeze until you get to the higher ranking challenges.

eFKac

Everything points to PGW, I'm assuming a Press Release during the event, so 28th. I can't really see Sony devoting more time to this game during a press conference.

Hoping for Season 2 announcement of course and a few new free for everyone locations.

Rally mode would be a dream but I don't see it happening.

Everything points to PGW, I'm assuming a Press Release during the event, so 28th. I can't really see Sony devoting more time to this game during a press conference.

Hoping for Season 2 announcement of course and a few new free for everyone locations.

Rally mode would be a dream but I don't see it happening.
Well we got weather, and a sneak at photo mode as they paused and move around the car then whooshed up to the clouds at gamescom. It was a brief hello-weather-goodbye segment but nevertheless, they could do something similar.

Tonight's vid is a great battle I had with Skillet around Kobago, I eventually took the victory by a tenth in a finish that had me jumping up and down and yelling into the mike! :)

Unfortunately it was for 4th place!

https://youtu.be/MwOkESeSwUE

I love it when racing is like this, constantly trying to find that gap to exploit.

drotahorror

I just thought of this but... Short of them announcing a new MotorStorm, if they were to announce a MotorStorm trilogy remaster I'd be so hype. I'm fine with more DriveClub but I miss MS so much.

Shaneus

Tonight's vid is a great battle I had with Skillet around Kobago, I eventually took the victory by a tenth in a finish that had me jumping up and down and yelling into the mike! :)

I love it when racing is like this, constantly trying to find that gap to exploit.
Geez, you're so much better at taking lines than I. Perhaps I should try driving with the external/higher camera to get a better view of the apex. I just love bumper too much though :(

Fake edit: WTF, four downvotes?!?

Geez, you're so much better at taking lines than I. Perhaps I should try driving with the external/higher camera to get a better view of the apex. I just love bumper too much though :(

Fake edit: WTF, four downvotes?!?

That's replay footage, I do all my racing in bumper cam :) The distance cam does help in that way though for some people, I just seem to be slower whenever I've tried it.

I thought the downvoters had gone away, not had that for a while. I wonder what they get out of it?

Makikou

The "downvoters" on youtube are so funny. It's like they actually think someone would get upset about it.

Not even having the balls saying things straight, instead they just lurk around and downvote on video's and stuff.

In other news, where's my teaser Evo?

Melchiah

The "downvoters" on youtube are so funny. It's like they actually think someone would get upset about it.

Not even having the balls saying things straight, instead they just lurk around and downvote on video's and stuff.

In other news, where's my teaser Evo?

It seems to be an easy way to troll anonymously.

Loudninja

We can't spoil the surprise we have lined up for October's #DRIVECLUB update, but we can give you more info on some FAQs in the mean time...
Updates & expansions: We have more cool updates coming to #DRIVECLUB but I can't spoil any surprises or give you more info just yet.
Accolades: More Driver & Club Accolades are on the way, with very generous #DRIVECLUB Fame rewards for earning them.

Difficulty: To help beginners get into #DRIVECLUB, we're developing a braking assist option that will help with cornering & braking points.
Multiplayer: Private Lobbies are coming to #DRIVECLUB early in Nov, offering full control over multiplayer events with custom settings.
https://twitter.com/Rushy33/with_replies

b4SIg1W.gif

desu

PGW PGW PGW!

Anyway I fear we might just get a teaser/annoucement but that the actual content won't come before the end of year/next year.

Auctopus

Anyway I fear we might just get a teaser/annoucement but that the actual content won't come before the end of year/next year.

A trailer that shows/teases all the content coming over the next 6 months will do me. As excited as I am for private lobbies, it's not really substantial enough to show off in whatever they've been teasing.

Honestly, just dropping a country with a couple screenshots would get me well excited.

nib95

Banned

Who the hell is actually down voting all these vids? Are there like some secret trolls constantly browsing this thread? Lol.

drotahorror

Motorstorm Apocalypse on sale for $2.25 on PSN this weekend.

Obviously foreshadowing for the unveil of the new Motorstorm game or DC MS expansion.

CD'S BAR

This game is great but holy lord am I bad at it. Can anyone offer a basic tip or two on how to take corners, and when is useful to use the handbrake as opposed to the trigger brake (foot brake?). Also with drifting are you supposed to keep tapping handbrake while you're in the turn?

This game is great but holy lord am I bad at it. Can anyone offer a basic tip or two on how to take corners, and when is useful to use the handbrake as opposed to the trigger brake (foot brake?). Also with drifting are you supposed to keep tapping handbrake while you're in the turn?

Driveclub follows real world racing principles so the quickest way through a corner is to reduce the angle of the corner as much as possible.

So for a left hand bend, position the car on the right side of the track, brake, then turn in to touch the inside of the corner at the centre (apex). Get it right and the speed should take you back out to the right side of the track on the exit of the bend.

Watch the (hated) video and you'll see this a lot but not on every bend as if the next corner is close you want to be on the correct side of the track to take that bend quickly.

Sometimes Skillet is in the way too so I can't take the ideal line.

There is no substitute for learning the tracks on driveclub, you just have to put the hours in. I really would recommend going into time trial mode on a nice twisty track with a car you like and practicing your lines and braking points - much easier to learn the best way when you haven't got other cars obstructing your view. Handbraking really isn't required for the vast majority of corners and is a common mistake you see people do. You will be faster if you don't touch it in 99.9% of corners :) the only time you use it is if you want to sharpen your turn on a very tight bend. I use it on this vid around the 34 second mark to keep tight to the inside.

https://youtu.be/o2qRlGuqmmQ

As for drifting you usually just hit the handbrake once when you turn in to throw the car sideways, then tweak accelerator and brake to adjust your turning angle and stay out of the barriers (or not!).

kie25

Who the hell is actually down voting all these vids? Are there like some secret trolls constantly browsing this thread? Lol.

All I know is most my downvotes come from France, and I recently posted 3 setups on project cars forum and they all got downvotes so it's not just Driveclub forum.

As for handbrake never ever use it, even if the bend is tight no bend in Driveclub is faster if you use handbrake, leave handbrake for drifting.

Right, as i've got back into the game and the fact that private lobbies will be dropping *hopefully* in a couple of weeks or so, i've made a community to post and rate hosts/racers so we should be guaranteed of close,fast racing to whoever's session we join. Drop me a FR with a msg or look for "Driveclub private lobbies community". :)

Siegmeyer

I've recently been putting a fair amount of time into DC after a fairly long hiatus. Finally reached 1035/1035 stars this morning and now I'm just gonna go foor the elite level challenges.

With that in mind, what's the quickest way to earn fame now that all the tours are done? I just got the Loch Duich reverse time in the Audi estate, but need a load more fame to unlock the next level (and then no doubt even more fame for the next level, and so on).

desu

With that in mind, what's the quickest way to earn fame now that all the tours are done? I just got the Loch Duich reverse time in the Audi estate, but need a load more fame to unlock the next level (and then no doubt even more fame for the next level, and so on).

Challenges, just pick the ones with 1k+ people and try to get a good place, can easily result in 100-200k fame when it runs out depending on how good you are.

Could also grind some Accolades out if you still have some unfinished ones.

Siegmeyer

Challenges, just pick the ones with 1k+ people and try to get a good place, can easily result in 100-200k fame when it runs out depending on how good you are.

Could also grind some Accolades out if you still have some unfinished ones.

Accolades! Of course! They completely slipped my mind as I've never paid any attention to them. Will have a look at some challenges too, thanks.

Right, as i've got back into the game and the fact that private lobbies will be dropping *hopefully* in a couple of weeks or so, i've made a community to post and rate hosts/racers so we should be guaranteed of close,fast racing to whoever's session we join. Drop me a FR with a msg or look for "Driveclub private lobbies community". :)

I've been having a few ideas for events once the private servers arrive, but I need to try to figure out all the details. Some of the ideas are a bit extreme and will probably never happen but I think they'd be fun :)

1. DC League - Hypers are the top division and hatches the bottom. Promotion & relegation up and down the leagues. Season lasts for weeks, 10-12 players per division.

2. 24 hours of Driveclub. 3 or 4 man teams, passing the controller, full 24 hour endurance event!

3. Team v Team knockout competition.

4. Team based pairs knockout competition.

We'd have to come up with rules about collisions unfortunately as we can't rely on the game to punish fairly or accurately at the moment. This would probably mean someone submitting video evidence and having a panel of judges make a decision - I'd hope the spirit of fair play would mean we never had to resort to it but when the stakes are raised it can be an issue.

Top Bottom