• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Tommi84

Because, as we've found, [...]

I always wanted the game to be more special, not for people that are arcade-to-the-bone kind of person. I've always been seeing Driveclub as a game that require more effort and thus is more enjoyable if you win/get better. Arcade person can play rubber-banding Need for Speed or others. Driveclug is like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls of gaming. DC should be challenging - introducing auto-braking is just one step closer to my personally hated rewind function. I swear, if this is ever introduced, I'll stop playing the game.

desu

I always wanted the game to be more special, not for people that are arcade-to-the-bone kind of person. I've always been seeing Driveclub as a game that require more effort and thus is more enjoyable if you win/get better. Arcade person can play rubber-banding Need for Speed or others. Driveclug is like Demon's Souls/Dark Souls of gaming. DC should be challenging - introducing auto-braking is just one step closer to my personally hated rewind function. I swear, if this is ever introduced, I'll stop playing the game.

I really don't get why people get so upset about Evo adding some difficulty options. I think its a perfectly fine way to help out new/bad players.

I see assists as laziness.

And I used to use them a lot because I was lazy. Can't be bothered learning brake zone, I'll just whack brake assist on. I know the racing line concepts but I'll just slap the line on anyway, makes it easier. I know not to floor the trigger I'll just wheel spin but meh I'll just turn the assist on so I can do it regardless.

To me you never learn doing that unless you have various levels of assist. If it is on or off then you just use it as a reliance not a stepped way to get better, at least I did any way.

If someone wants it though, no harm in giving them it.

And I used to use them a lot because I was lazy. Can't be bothered learning brake zone, I'll just whack brake assist on. I know the racing line concepts but I'll just slap the line on anyway, makes it easier. I know not to floor the trigger I'll just wheel spin but meh I'll just turn the assist on so I can do it regardless.

To me you never learn doing that unless you have various levels of assist. If it is on or off then you just use it as a reliance not a stepped way to get better, at least I did any way.

I agree, but if they start implementing those, there needs to be options in private lobbies for setting assists and what's allowed.

Shaneus

Agreed. As long as they make cars niceably slower *and* manage to reduce the amount of times I'm rammed into a wall, I'm all for it.

Jamesways

I'm actually all for/ pro- easier options. More so the AI adjustability. I don't need the braking line or rewind. But I've found some of the DLC to be pretty damn tough AI wise. I got most of the stars in the main tour, but left some DLC ones on the table.

I usually stick to sims, and I'm not terrible at them by any stretch. Depends on the game, usually slightly above average in MotoGP and the Forza games, middle of the pack in pCARS, and had some great leaderboard times in Race Pro.

But I'm not great at DC. Slowest in our club almost every event/race.

If I could bump down the AI from the highest/higher levels on some events with weather, it'd be more than welcome. Not a huge deal, since there's SP options galore.

Yes, I realize the game is way too easy for most people on here, and people want all races to be more difficult, but as Rushy said, some people may find more enjoyment out of the tours with more options for accessibility.

kie25

People need to realise there are people who just want to play the game and get fun out the game, they won't be at a advantage, and you don't have to use these options, options is the key here the more options Driveclub has the better in my view, the more people that are playing Driveclub the better, I won't go near any options other than making the game harder, so it will not change anything, the people using assist will still probably be slow so it won't change much other than giving them a better experience. Also I'm sure they will have all kind off options for private lobbies, interior view only forced manual gears etc.

lemmykoopa

I don't care about an easy mode and assists. In the long run it means more sales as now also non hardcore players will be able to play and enjoy DC. This game deserves all the sales it can get. Remember that racing games have never been niche and have a broad appeal, from the hardcore to the casual gamer. Both groups should be able to enjoy this game.

Also, Rushy, my credit card is ready, please update us on more content :).

Just read two comments on a Reddit thread that said they'd jump back in to driveclub once there was an easy campaign and auto-braking.

Ew. Why even bother playing?

A lot of people don't know how to break properly , this is especially obvious in harder tracks or when the weather is harsh or the visibility's low.

As long as they get an helping hand and not an advantage , i'm fine if Evo studios tweak the game a little for them.

A lot of people don't know how to break properly , this is especially obvious in harder tracks or when the weather is harsh or the visibility's low.

As long as they get an helping hand and not an advantage , i'm fine if Evo studios tweak the game a little for them.

The colored flags near a corner certainly help. But I can't be arsed on this topic. I'll build my strategy around players who use assists.

AMG

Neo Member
If those less skilled driver have auto brake etc, it will help them eventually step up to full control and prevent unnecessary rear end collisions due to very poor driving skills. The online races will improve as only those with malicious intent or due to miscalculations will hit you. Lol.

Makikou

Yep we both know when you had an equal or better car you won every time, that's what was so special about that race - the berlinetta levelled you with us :) The faster driver will usually win the longer events as luck counts for less in them, that's why you should always pick the slower car ;-)

Just shared my thoughts on the car :p, didn't mean it that negatively!

But yeah, the cars were actually relatively balanced (or Berlinetta is slightly worse, i don't know for sure to be honest.) and i'd hope there was more events with equally balanced cars. Right now for example there's a certain Super class event on Kobago and some other track with some Corvette's, Ferrari F40/F50, 570S, One-77 and so on.. aand the VUHL 05 which is clearly the best on tracks such as Kobago. Of course you can also get these cars on Loch Duich where it isn't that good but in most of the tracks that you can get Super class cars right now, VUHL is the best option.

Maybe it's intended but i think it's kinda boring. Would be interesting to know if Evolution gets any kind of Winning / Used % statistics from the online lobbies they run. I'd love to see those!

Makikou

Was expected we would hear about it on PGW. They did promise a teaser iirc so i'm looking forward to that tomorrow or monday evening..

Just shared my thoughts on the car :p, didn't mean it that negatively!

But yeah, the cars were actually relatively balanced (or Berlinetta is slightly worse, i don't know for sure to be honest.) and i'd hope there was more events with equally balanced cars. Right now for example there's a certain Super class event on Kobago and some other track with some Corvette's, Ferrari F40/F50, 570S, One-77 and so on.. aand the VUHL 05 which is clearly the best on tracks such as Kobago. Of course you can also get these cars on Loch Duich where it isn't that good but in most of the tracks that you can get Super class cars right now, VUHL is the best option.

Maybe it's intended but i think it's kinda boring. Would be interesting to know if Evolution gets any kind of Winning / Used % statistics from the online lobbies they run. I'd love to see those!

Hehe yeah Ive watched the footage a few times now and it's the climb up the hill at the back of the track that the berlinetta's lack of power is most apparent as you got passed by us 3 times up there (usually just before we'd take off & crash!).

Yeah the VUHL is defo the car to have on the twisty tracks from that choice, and that's a bit dodgy as it's a dlc car! Another reason why I'd like to see the other drivers rank in the lobby, you're more likely to pick a slower car if you know there isn't another rank 75 gonna pick the VUHL...

Yeah I wonder what stats Evo have - even a win loss tally would be nice.

Pif

Banned
Regera_Airstrip1.jpg

Anyone excited to see this in the next season pass?

Makikou

For ***** sake. Worst evening ever. I got to thinking it's my fault that i am simply slow. I lost to random people on time trial, races were horrible because no matter what i did i get caught up in straights..

Well turns out my R2 only registers to 80% so i've been racing here with 20% of my throttle missing. Fuck. My. Life.

60eur for a new controller..

Well turns out my R2 only registers to 80% so i've been racing here with 20% of my throttle missing. Fuck. My. Life.
That R2 bug on some DS4s is insidious. I didn't realize it was screwing me up in DriveClub either, and figured I just sucked.

If it wasn't for the R2 completely malfunctioning with GTAO and HellDivers* I never would have known. And once I got all new controllers everything felt different, and all my DC times improved too.

* Kudos to the Helldivers devs, as they put out a patch to fix the problem in their game right away.

For ***** sake. Worst evening ever. I got to thinking it's my fault that i am simply slow. I lost to random people on time trial, races were horrible because no matter what i did i get caught up in straights..

That sucks, i've had the same thing a couple of months ago. Couldn't beat the Channel Hopping event with the Megane in the last DLC Tour no matter what and would have been none the wiser if kie25 hadn't spotted it in a video i posted here. Luckily it was still in warranty and they replaced it with a new one. I wonder how many of the rubberbanding complaints were down to this issue.

krioto

I've got no issues with getting more people into the game using the braking assist.

It sounds very similar to the auto-pilot/turn assist that was implemented with wipEout HD, and that gave a lot of newcomers an easier entry to the game. And, similar to the turn assist, the brake assist will be slower than manual input, which should encourage new drivers to get better, and lose the crutch.

I cannot wait to see what else is to be revealed at the Paris game show - I just want new tracks and some more elite levels.

Shaneus

How did you find out? I need to find a way to test it for myself. Maybe I need to connect it to my PC and see what it registers up to in Windows.

Ainsz

How did you find out? I need to find a way to test it for myself. Maybe I need to connect it to my PC and see what it registers up to in Windows.

That's pretty much it. The Xinput programme shows the pressure level you hold for each button and other things.

IKizzLE

You can take out the spring in your right trigger. I did it for two controllers. Works perfectly now.

Midn1ght

I don't think I have ever posted in this thread but Driveclub is like my most played game on PS4 so far, I just love it. If anyone want to add me in their friend list please feel free to do so.

I finally reached level 60 and currently working on getting all trophies (I got 102 out of 122 so far)

ID: Inoa_Kai

Can't wait for the next update.

PDogg

Neo Member
As someone else mentioned, it's possible to take the spring out the triggers, I did it with both my R2's and they work fine and won't break anymore.

Saying that I actually remapped accelerate to x and brake to square a short while ago and much prefer it, I have stronger control of the left stick holding x than I do holding any of the shoulder buttons.

Boo :(

I actually left my spring in there, tried tightening it up, too. Didn't make that much difference, but my R2 is a little stiffer which is great for feathering.

Being fair I think you beat me in most challenges, so I have no room to talk!

Maybe I should check mine too, but prepare myself for disappointment, can't say I've ever felt at a disadvantage in multiplayer matches.

danthefan

Guys, I'm so bad at this game. Can anyone give me any general tips or point me towards a YouTube channel where they show the best racing line or something? I did all the tutorial races but can't win a thing otherwise.

Guys, I'm so bad at this game. Can anyone give me any general tips or point me towards a YouTube channel where they show the best racing line or something? I did all the tutorial races but can't win a thing otherwise.
The general idea of the racing line is to kind of straighten out the corner, so you can carry maximum speed through it.

So to do that you need to take a wide entry, then hit the apex (the 'tip' of the corner if you like) and accelerate out.

This image shows you the idea, http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/DriftingEvil/xfxn4n.png

If you have some footage of yourself maybe people can point out the bits where you can improve. Or maybe you need to clean your Star Wars sexbot.

Denur

I posted this link a while ago. Skip the first part, because it goes a bit deep, from then on you should be able to learn how to take a corner, how to brake and where, etc. http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/corners.html

I don't think I have ever posted in this thread but Driveclub is like my most played game on PS4 so far, I just love it. If anyone want to add me in their friend list please feel free to do so.

I finally reached level 60 and currently working on getting all trophies (I got 102 out of 122 so far)

ID: Inoa_Kai

Can't wait for the next update.

Added, because i like your avatar. :)

Shaneus

Being fair I think you beat me in most challenges, so I have no room to talk!

Maybe I should check mine too, but prepare myself for disappointment, can't say I've ever felt at a disadvantage in multiplayer matches.
Doubtful! I think we're about even. I know there are a few on GAF where I'm consistently behind (not by much), ahead by a little or about equal. Other than a small handful, I think we're all about the same.

Weirdest thing is, when doing challenges/tours for the most part, I'll do pretty poorly for ages and when I finally beat the thing, it's by some ridiculous amount. One of the level tasks I was coming within hundredths and when I beat it, it was by over a whole second. So strange.

And R2 is a euphemism for..........
Hey, that's no euphemism, that's my wife!
XBlrQ5e.jpg

Tommi84

I'm sooo waiting for this thread to EXPLODE in four days. Rushy, please we need all the info in Paris and the release date of 1 week - so we can start playing Driveclub ver 2.0 at the beginning of November.

Shaneus

I think it will at least be the mobile app and private lobbies. I'm sure there's more, but I think we can bank on at least those two appearing.

I'm really bummed with this game since they tied level progression to specific events. I've literally been stuck at lvl 61 for about 6 months because of a fucking time trial I can't even come close to beating. Kinda sours any motivation or reason to keep playing.

lordxar

I'm really bummed with this game since they tied level progression to specific events. I've literally been stuck at lvl 61 for about 6 months because of a fucking time trial I can't even come close to beating. Kinda sours any motivation or reason to keep playing.

I'm the opposite. Stuck at 63, at like .6 off but these last few days I've been trying and this is what is bringing me back to the game. I'm stuck on star progression too but this seems more doable for some reason.

Top Bottom