• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

farmerboy

Hey, that's no euphemism, that's my wife!

I should have mine up and running tomorrow night (so 36-ish hours from now). Maybe tonight, but the girlfriend is staying the night so may not get any gaming in at all.

Dont worry mate, what's said in the Driveclub thread stays in the Driveclub thread. :)

So earlier today, I got in to an interesting race with some club rivals who went for some special racing tactics from start to finish. See what you think to this organised ramming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PdzXmwwnC0

Can we invite them into one of our future private lobbies just so 10 of us can beat the crap outta them?

C'mon, pleeaassse?

xrnzaaas

Bikes expansion/new game (?) probably isn't something I'll be looking forward to, but I'll wait until the official announcement before I make any final statements. ;p

If it has been rated, that would imply it is it's own game, right? Retail expansion in the least?

Interestingly they did ask what different types of vehicles people want in the game. I assumed they meant like 4x4s or something.

Since a Ford pack is pretty much guaranteed if Season Pass 2 is announced, here's the vehicles I'd like to see (And are pretty much shoe-ins tbh)

2016 Focus RS (Slot in at low Performance)
Fiesta ST (Perfect Hot Hatch)
Shelby GT350R (Fits into the muscle car niche made in Performance class)
2005 Ford GT (Since I believe the 2016 variant is exclusive to Forza, this fits perfect into the Super class)

and probably one other off the wall car. I would like to see the GT90 possibly as a high Super, low end Hyper car. Though I would imagine it might be maybe something closer to the original Mk.1 GT40.

Hey what with the rally expansion surely the RS200 is a given?

Ford_RS200_-_Flickr_-_exfordy_(1).jpg

Tommi84

Almost cried out loud. Few more hours and I'm sure it will be glorious.

Btw, Driveclub was to become a service, right? I now of a different racing game that is 'service-based'. I'm talking to you iRacing. Maybe there'll be an official racing league? Yes, farfetched, just really, really hoping for it :(

Bikes. I don't know how I feel about that, I really like them but have never liked the way they handle in computer games, never played a game that gets the weight transference or breaking correct. Bikes vs cars has always been a weak point in games that do it as bikes have to be made sturdier to deal with the inevitable bumps without the game becoming unfair which kind of ruins what makes a bike fun for me. I will be giving it a good go though.

Tommi84

Damn. Yes, Bikes need to be standalone. I... I... I'm just speechless!! Great, GREAT STUFF!

Give me them now.

It's like Ride, but better. Much, much faster loading better.

Makikou

Looking forward to seeing new footage tonight.

I hope they can capture the essence of driving bikes the same way as they did for cars. It would be pretty bomb TBH.

CodeEvo

Bikes. I don't know how I feel about that, I really like them but have never liked the way they handle in computer games, never played a game that gets the weight transference or breaking correct. Bikes vs cars has always been a weak point in games that do it as bikes have to be made sturdier to deal with the inevitable bumps without the game becoming unfair which kind of ruins what makes a bike fun for me. I will be giving it a good go though.

Have you tried "RIDE"?

Oh fk.

Bikes?

Considering I Follow motogp, wsb, wss, BSB this is gold to me!

Plus as i work as a motorbike courier covering over 50,000 miles a year (1 million plus since 1985) in all weathers, I like to think I'm pretty qualified on how a bike *feels* so I'm eager to get my hands on it!

Don't know if anyone remembers a game called "Gp500" by microprose from 1998 on the PC, but they had how a bike feels to ride nailed right on,never found a game that put the experience over better. I put so many hours into it, single and multiplayer.

https://youtu.be/0gCir_m080I
So *if* DC:Bikes really is a thing Rushy, you have a very happy bunny. :)

Have you tried "RIDE"?

Nope. Last motorbike game I bought was TT Superbikes and since then I have always just checked out demos to see how they play. The most recent MotoGP was the last one I tried spent about 4 hours with it and has the same problems that most have and that is a bike rotates around the roll, pitch and yaw which placed onto a controller with two axes limits the control, the pitch is needed less but an analogue is more suited to it so it is given priority. I personally have thought that the bumpers would make better body weight control and the analogue as steering so you can corner and counter steer properly. There was a game ages ago that id something similar cant remember the name though but they placed more emphasis on body weight rather than counter steering which is BS.

I really hope that this bikes thing somehow isn't real, or if it is, they aren't mixed in with cars. It was that way in PGR4 and that was honestly something I hated despite the rest of the game being amazing.

Tommi84

Have you tried "RIDE"?
RIDE has one slight problem - awful, awful loading times. The 'best' ones are before the race. First you wait for the bike to load (long time), then you wait to load the track (even longer time). I can boot up my ps4, start Driveclub and start any race (and some MP too, if timer is short), before the race in RIDE starts.

If the loading times were shorted, Ride could be nice.

Jamesways

RIDE has one slight problem - awful, awful loading times. The 'best' ones are before the race. First you wait for the bike to load (long time), then you wait to load the track (even longer time). I can boot up my ps4, start Driveclub and start any race (and some MP too, if timer is short), before the race in RIDE starts.

If the loading times were shorted, Ride could be nice.

You're not kidding.

Aside from that I really enjoy Ride. One of the only places you can race Imola and Road America on a bike on console now. And I love MotoGP 14/15. 15 is the best MotoGP game in years IMO. Funny that I'm a huge pCARS guy, and played a slew of DC at launch, but the my most played racing game this gen has been MotoGP 14.

I never really got on with the first person view of the bikes in PGR4, it'll be interesting to see the handling and views available in DC if this is really true.

Auctopus

I loved PGR3 but for some reason I can't see it in Driveclub. Anyway, the more content the merrier. I'm pretty much buying the next piece of content out of pure support, haha.

I like the idea of bikes, i would'nt choose them over new cars, manufacturers or locations tho.

Just my preference, will buy the Bikes DLC/separate game anyway to support the team tho.

Duallusion

I would've prefered they'd spent all of their time on making a bunch of new tracks, to be perfectly honest, but I'll probably buy this too.

desu

I would've prefered they'd spent all of their time on making a bunch of new tracks, to be perfectly honest, but I'll probably buy this too.

Huh? I doubt that the expansion will simply be bikes only, new locations have already been confirmed to be worked on.

Top Bottom