• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

It's been a week away for me...servers fully functional?

No challenges, leaderboards still hit and miss (leaderboards for events with multiple races have never worked and still don't) and face-offs are often slow to load even when they're working.

65%

farmerboy

Once I get done this darn lap, I have 2 stars on all the drifts so I gotta clean them up. Drifts were the only event I let myself go past with only two stars

Me too, dreading the time when I go back to clean up those stars. I just can't "feel" the drift aspect.

ike_

cUzFL9D.jpg

There should be a trophy for this. A shame trophy.

GodofWine

Me too, dreading the time when I go back to clean up those stars. I just can't "feel" the drift aspect.

I've been using the later events as practice, if I made a mistake on a time trial during a lap I'd treat the rest of the lap as drift practice...we'll see if it paid off soon I hope

Trevelyan

Banned
I have a club called "The Formula" if you guys want to join, or I'd be willing to join yours. I'm looking for a good group. I was hoping to hold out until more of my friends had the game but not sure how much longer they'll have to wait for the PS+ version :(

Edit: ^^ slick recovery

This also works perfectly. PSN is same as here, Trevelyan.

nikos

Winning races left and right tonight. Feels good man.

Unfortunately haven't played too much multiplayer since launch but it's been pretty smooth every time I've tried.

Kumubou

Well, since it's so light it's very easy to ram it off the road...
The answer to that is to let everyone crash in the first turn and use your handling of the Gods to blow past everyone and never look back. The Mono drives like you entered a cheat code.

Bluenova

Neo Member
Public service announcement: do not use the bac mono online...

Were you racing R8s point to point? I was in an audi for those kinda events. haha. maybe we raced

I did alright among the BAC, too light to nudge me, but few caught me at the bottom the hill

Niks

Were you racing R8s point to point? I was in an audi for those kinda events. haha. maybe we raced

I did alright among the BAC, too light to nudge me, but few caught me at the bottom the hill

Right right. Got sent flying a couple of times by the audis..

ThatZedWord

Neo Member
It went up on Amazon for preorder (to release on Oct 17th), but that day came and went. I haven't heard anyone who actually got one shipped from Amazon.

I ended up canceling my Amazon order and picked it up from Newegg. Ive had it for a week now and am loving it. The force feedback work Evo did is really stellar, and the wheel is top notch. Wish there was a third pedal, but the included set will tide me over until I save for add ons. At least the paddle shifters have a very satisfying engagement. Reminds me of paddles on German luxury cars.

Great games guys!

B0_9X_cCcAAmwBf.jpg

Big shout out to everyone I got to play with today. Was super fun.

It was a pleasure to play with you and the others as well! I'm sorry if I screwed up sometimes and spun you out of the track.

Also I can be too quiet sometimes during voice chat because I don't wanna screw up the conversations because of my terrible english.

But anyway, looking forward for another MP race session :)

fritzo

whoa DC is $38 on Amazon

way cheaper then the PS+ upgrade. Still holding out for Plus Edition. but this price is just too good. might even get cheaper after looking at that amazon review score. whoa.

Any latest updates on the server situation? Seems like its been a few days.

The Saturday update and the 24 hours that followed were supposed to be a really significant upgrade right?

viveks86

Any latest updates on the server situation? Seems like its been a few days.

The Saturday update and the 24 hours that followed were supposed to be a really significant upgrade right?

Yup. It does seem like a significant upgrade. Club statistics and accolades work. Leaderboards are more consistent. Ghosts and face offs show up often in SP and MP. 4 out of 5 races don't kick you out. Challenges are still MIA though.

I'd say overall it's at 75% of where it should be. There's still work to be done. And getting it ready for the PS+ deluge is gonna take a while at this rate.

Hackbert

mhh. no connection to the servers whatsoever, since i updated to 2.00 firmware. what the heck. hopefully they are working on the servers. i need some challenges. (even if the now more or less working time trials are great)

p3tran

Banned
so, I dont know where to post it, so I do it here:

starting november 1, driveclub is
a) going to drop price to 49.99
b) going to be bundled in new ps4's, along with one more game.

this for southern europe. dont know shit about other locations.
cheers

Famassu

So is there some known way of cheating with the average speed face-offs? Not that I'd want to cheat, but it just seems like it when pretty much every such face-off I've seen has had someone with, like, 7000km/h as their average speed. -_- Do people deliberately crash into walls somehow that causes this or something? Kind of takes the fun away from some of those speed face-offs. Oh well, at least the drifting & cornering face-offs are still good.

Shaneus

PSN is acting up now because of the update.
Ohhhh. Noticed it was especially dodgy just now, figured something must be up. Is the update out yet?

Edit: Those faceoffs are more likely bugs than cheating, I doubt very much anyone's found a way to glitch this game... especially in light of the server issues.

Top Bottom