• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

v1lla21

I think I was 3rd or 4th during the race and I was doing rather well, then my girlfriend got home and I had to go open the door as soon as I was slowing for a turn :( lol.

First multiplayer tonight and managed to get 5 races back-to-back with no problems (apart from my shoddy driving)

Those mini face-offs in-game are seriously compelling...great idea...they should have their own scoreboard

Keep up the good work Evo...things are looking up!

Once you get out of the first turns it becomes easy, but yesterday when I was playing with Viveks there was some assholes just trying to crash for no reason. Viveks and I did pretty good though. We kept coming in 1 position of each other for a few races.
And conveniently leave out that you were far behind me in those races :p

viveks86

Wow! Amazing games y'all.

I've played for 8 hours and 30 minutes today. Probably had 10-15 disconnects in total. The last 2 hours, I had a party of 6 going in my session, race after race. We even ended up with "private" races amongst ourselves about 5 times. The server decided to start a race with just the 6 of us, or even a team race of 3v3. 2 more joined on my voice chat and they were magically paired with us through many subsequent races. Was fun having 8 people from GAF racing together.

In the 3 weeks of playing this game, today was the best by a long mile! This should have been the way the game launched. Still not perfect, but well within acceptable boundaries. Sigh… Better late than never, I guess.

Loudninja

I've played for 8 hours and 30 minutes today. Probably had 10-15 disconnects in total. The last 2 hours, I had a party of 6 going in my session, race after race. We even ended up with "private races" amongst ourselves about 5 times. 2 more joined on my voice chat and they were magically paired with us through most races. Was fun having 8 people from GAF racing together.

In the 3 weeks of playing this game, today was the best by a long mile! This should have been the way the game launched. Still not perfect, but well within acceptable boundaries. Sigh… Better late than never, I guess.
Man you guys are going in!

I have to play more tomorrow, just so many games to play right now.

I've played for 8 hours and 30 minutes today. Probably had 10-15 disconnects in total. The last 2 hours, I had a party of 6 going in my session, race after race. We even ended up with "private" races amongst ourselves about 5 times. The server decided to start a race with just the 6 of us, or even a team race of 3v3. 2 more joined on my voice chat and they were magically paired with us through many subsequent races. Was fun having 8 people from GAF racing together.

*cough*

JEgb.jpg

benzy

Pretty fun session guys, Viveks. :p

iPK16yj0kWwbA.jpg

Mullah, I really didn't mean to spin you out in that Mono race, lol. Sorry man. I thought I was getting pushed against the wall so I just steered the other direction. I'm also racing with no HUD and no player tags so if I accidentally bump into you guys, my bad. I try to avoid any kind of taps whenever I can. I think I recognized some of you guys spinning out in one of the last India races though. :p

sfqkvq.gif

I hope Evo let's us increase the player session count to 12 or something in an update. I don't get why we're tied down to only 6 players for 1 session even though we're mostly in different clubs.

Ya that was definitely the most fun I've had with the game so far. I love the single player but the MP with a full team is how this was meant to be played. I really hope this whole thing gets sorted out and the PS+ version gets released with everything working soon.The game has some serious potential, the whole releasegate is such a shame.

I know people are pissed about the whole debacle and have a right to be, I'm just sayin' I'm still having a blast regardless.

lordxar

I haven't lost any points during drifting challenges.

Is it that red number that appears in the middle of the screen? That's telling you how far behind the target or your last result was.

Yea it pops up periodically while I'm drifting or speeding up. That's cool, wonder if it's something newly turned on then...I just don't remember seeing it before. More and more things keep coming to life so things are getting better. Although, I may want to look at killing some of it if possible. If I'm trying to get a good time trial it's annoying to get speed, drift, or cornering challenges because I compulsively try and do those too lol.

Mullah88

Pretty fun session guys, Viveks. :p

Mullah, I really didn't mean to spin you out in that Mono race, lol. Sorry man. I thought I was getting pushed against the wall so I just steered the other direction. I'm also racing with no HUD and no player tags so if I accidentally bump into you guys, my bad. I try to avoid any kind of taps whenever I can. I think I recognized some of you guys spinning out in one of the last India races though. :p

I hope Evo let's us increase the player session count to 12 or something in an update. I don't get why we're tied down to only 6 players for 1 session even though we're mostly in different clubs.

no hard feelings, it was more fun than anything, i know it wasnt done deliberately. the servers are finally down and out. going to sleep

psn

We should make a Driveclub gif thread.... How am I able to see all the gifs and webm's everyone did :/

Putty

Someone mentioned last page about people riding the barriers with no penalty in TT's, I'm sure Evo could add a pure mode where if you put a foot wrong, go off course then the lap time, and the next lap would be void.

Nyx

Now that the leaderboards are working the game became even more fun, holy shit !

Had tons of time trials this weekend with 2 friends, so much fun!

I started playing the career mode from the beginning again to get some more stars, and now that the face off system is working properly it feels like a whole new game.

Nyx

And your times will record now without a hitch. 8)

Do you know the difference though between the leaderboard that shows when you selected an event and the actual leaderboard itself?

Cause on the track screen the leaderboard on the far right sometimes says I'm f.e. 14th, while when I click on the leaderboard it actually shows me in f.e. 1016th place.

Is the first one regional or something?

Do you know the difference though between the leaderboard that shows when you selected an event and the actual leaderboard itself?

Cause on the track screen the leaderboard on the far right sometimes says I'm f.e. 14th, while when I click on the leaderboard it actually shows me in f.e. 1016th place.

One is the fastest time in any car, for the circuit you chose. The other is the car you chose on the circuit you chose.

-Amon-

This morning ( aka 5 hours ago in europe ) online was quite ok.

10 races without problems, then booted at track selection, then other 5 / 6 races without problems.

First is car specific.

dano1

A Sheep
I started playing the career mode from the beginning again to get some more stars, and now that the face off system is working properly it feels like a whole new game.

Yeah things are looking up. The big one for me is going to be when challenges start working. Nothing better than challenging friends with the same car and track and go at it!!

And the phone app should be interesting also.

Hackbert

So I understand how KERS works, but what does DRS do and how/when should I be utilizing it?

DRS stands for drag reduction system. use it on straights preferably, cause the wing gets closed/down, the reduction is reduced, you can go faster , but the handling, or more so the sensitivity of it, goes down... watch it in chase cam to get it. looks cool also^^

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm also racing with no HUD and no player tags so if I accidentally bump into you guys, my bad.
*Always* use a mirror when racing online. I fully understand the desire to go no HUD for the immersiveness, but its important for clean racing and is a matter of common courtesy.

Got all stars for the legend trophy in the first try with the zonda. Thanks vivek! 222/225 stars! Left with chungara and venom hot lap. Hate those two.

Fired this back up again for the first time in a few days and it feels like a whole new game with the face-offs and leaderboards in working order.

Also the lobbies are much fuller now which is great and what's even better is a bigger selection of events in MP now. It's also freaking fantastic not having constant server errors.

*Always* use a mirror when racing online. I fully understand the desire to go no HUD for the immersiveness, but its important for clean racing and is a matter of common courtesy.
I don't think anyone uses the mirrors. Or checks what is around them when re-entering the circuit after going off.

So damn annoying for someone to rejoin the circuit and crash into you because they were looking at the road ahead.

Ok wait so hold the fucking truck here - is there no way to set number of laps? Like say I want to run 25 laps on Track X, then 10 laps on Track Y, there's no way to do this? Because fuck me THAT goes on my shit list.

Hell we should be able to set custom conditions and number of laps and take that shit online as a lobby. WTF is this shit, Evo?

Obviously someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I swear I set laps before, but I guess that was number of opponents I'm thinking of.

Ok wait so hold the fucking truck here - is there no way to set number of laps? Like say I want to run 25 laps on Track X, then 10 laps on Track Y, there's no way to do this? Because fuck me THAT goes on my shit list.

Hell we should be able to set custom conditions and number of laps and take that shit online as a lobby. WTF is this shit, Evo?

Obviously someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I swear I set laps before, but I guess that was number of opponents I'm thinking of.

lol, yes you can. Under Race in Signle Events you can set the number of laps but specific numbers. For example, 1-3-5-10 (You can't choose 8 if you want).

In Time Trials you can go as long as you want.

viveks86

Looks like the MP event count and variety has been expanded even more today. Nice!

lol, yes you can. Under Race in Signle Events you can set the number of laps but specific numbers. For example, 1-3-5-10 (You can't choose 8 if you want).

In Time Trials you can go as long as you want.

This.

Also, private lobby is coming (no ETA yet)

Because the bastards train a lot, they make somebody spin tree / four times a race, you don't, right ?
I've managed to intentionally spin/destroy someone once.

At the end of one of the Scotland P2Ps is a sharp right-hander at the end of a long stretch.

Needless to say I didn't use my brakes and aimed right at them. They went flying, I got bounced around the corner and claimed 3rd. I laughed for hours.

They won't be spinning me out next time.

Really? Thanks! How the hell did I miss it ...

edit: well, I'm still looking ...

I see

number of opponents
opponent difficulty
time of day
weather
time compression
crowd size
face-offs

and that's it.

edit 2: i see it on certain tracks and not others, seems to be the thing

Nafai1123

Banned
Really? Thanks! How the hell did I miss it ...

edit: well, I'm still looking ...

I see

number of opponents
opponent difficulty
time of day
weather
time compression
crowd size
face-offs

and that's it.

edit 2: i see it on certain tracks and not others, seems to be the thing

# of laps should be available for all circuit tracks. They won't be available for P2P tracks.

Number45

Fuck hudless. I turned the minimap on again and that is a lifesaver imo.
Also considering the rearview mirror.
The rearview mirror makes sense (although if you're going to go hudless, cockpit view makes the most sense surely?). Minimap is probably worth turning on when you're learning the track, but after that it shouldn't be necessary.

Top Bottom