• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

benzy

Are replays and new content coming with the update this week?

They haven't mentioned anything about them. I'm hoping they at least release replay and photomode very soon while we wait for the online connections to get better. Gives us something more to do with the shoddy connections.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Someone beat me so I can best you.

8PjNh5.jpg

1Y5l5Dj.jpg

:3

Mullah88

Can I ask how long you had it and how much of it you played?

Really want a refund myself and I am unsure if Sony will offer one to me. Pretty clear the online portion (ie; the core of this "social" racer) is utterly broken and will need to be completely rewritten, unacceptable in a full price premium product.

Sadly, even on the very rare occasions you can get into a multiplayer race it goes something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ECmvCL_gyo

Such a shame, if working and with some tweaks Driveclub could have been fantastic.

both races i botched but still recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9o7MbnqFw&feature=youtu.be

Gamer345

Banned
I share played Driveclub and I must say I want to get this game. even with some lag I enjoyed the racing using the bac mono and hyper especially, I love the need to keep you on the road to be a great driver and that cockpit view even with low shareplay res looked great

Hopefully online is fixed by December and all the weather, photomode, replay updates are in

The venom hot lap is getting on my nerves. Its the final star to completion. At 224/225 stars. The fastest on that lap for me is 1.16.602.

So so close. Any one got any tips? Tried watching youtube videos, I find it hard to replicate them.

GodofWine

The venom hot lap is getting on my nerves. Its the final star to completion. At 224/225 stars. The fastest on that lap for me is 1.16.602.

So so close. Any one got any tips? Tried watching youtube videos, I find it hard to replicate them.

I just got a 1.15.9 tonight...if you are like me it's going to come down to that one slow tight left and the following high speed left hander.

Go wide on entry of the tight one and get her straight on exit and nail it...on the high speed left, get as close to the fence on the inside right after entry.

Once I had a ghost down to 1.16.09 I knew I'd get it, and yes I cursed everything out when I got that 1.16.09 :)

Here's what 45 minutes on the same track will do for you.

First fifteen minutes I hit this:
E0Jsax.jpg

Twenty minutes later:
v66cvy.jpg

Then I got serious.

About seven minutes after that last time:
lcSEBZ.jpg

:) Good luck and bring it.

Jimrpg

so, I dont know where to post it, so I do it here:

starting november 1, driveclub is
a) going to drop price to 49.99
b) going to be bundled in new ps4's, along with one more game.

this for southern europe. dont know shit about other locations.
cheers

Maybe they should refund day 1 customers the difference then, that's a bit unfair.

Sorry for the triple post :p

GoaThief

never quit a race
I don't see why I should stay in the above example. Is there anything to be gained except to those playing bumper cars (everyone?) to have more targets? Please keep in mind that it was a team race no less.

both races i botched but still recovered
That's the thing, I didn't make a serious dtiving error in the video. Watch the markers and mirror before the final spin. It's not about losing, its about literally being unable to play the game as intended due to the poor behaviour of others who are not being punished in any real way. This hyper aggressive driving mentality is largely the result of design, if unchecked it will only be amplified more when the "free" version arrives. It is something Evolution needs to look into pretty sharpish but what with the game being in its current state I fear it will remain this way for good.

:/

h3ro

Has anyone in here ever had the challenges section working?

I'm starting to see some challenges during races but the ones I've seen have some ridiculous, unobtainable speed listed (I think it's a bug mentioned earlier), but still, progress I guess.

GodofWine

I'm starting to see some challenges during races but the ones I've seen have some ridiculous, unobtainable speed listed (I think it's a bug mentioned earlier), but still, progress I guess.

I think your seeing face offs . Challenges are...we'll I don't know what they are.

Some of the average speed face offs are showing drift scores which is w why you see crazy numbers.

amar212

Yes, all reviewers who bothered to actually play the game besides career mode.

Everything worked flawlessly and I had amazing time. I saw other drivers challenges, being able to upload my own, had my friends issuing theirs, etc.

Then the release came and everything went... Where it is today.

Review codes were retail discs bascially, just to clear that.

murgo

I can't believe they still haven't fixed that face-off 5700km/h average speed bullshit. I haven't played the game in a week and that shit is still there :( And challenges still don't work. Jesus christ...

Mullah88

I don't see why I should stay in the above example. Is there anything to be gained except to those playing bumper cars (everyone?) to have more targets? Please keep in mind that it was a team race no less.

That's the thing, I didn't make a serious dtiving error in the video. Watch the markers and mirror before the final spin. It's not about losing, its about literally being unable to play the game as intended due to the poor behaviour of others who are not being punished in any real way. This hyper aggressive driving mentality is largely the result of design, if unchecked it will only be amplified more when the "free" version arrives. It is something Evolution needs to look into pretty sharpish but what with the game being in its current state I fear it will remain this way for good.

:/

Play the game as intended? The only way that's happening is if you have a party. Like you mentioned, the game was designed to allow such driving techniques/style. Nothing wrong with that, rage quiting isn't that necessary anymore once you realize that.

want a clean race, join a group of people that want the same thing, don't expect it in a pub. Clean races do happen with randoms but they're very rare.

Finally got the 3rd star for Venom Hot Lap. Definitely one of the best event from the tour mode, so intense.

I think I have to rest for a little while.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
The game is supposed to be 39.99 at Costco right now in Ontario, Canada. I think that's a price I'm ready to buy into that if it's the same deal at the Costco where I'm at.

I think they work like this, you drive a single event time trial and set a great time, after the race you can challenge your friends/club to do the same event with the same car.

...within a certain time period. Your friends can also pass that challenge to their friends and so on, so there could be 100s of people challenging you by the end.

Also, isn't there supposed to be a "live" section underneath the homepage with activity feeds of friends/community within the game?

benzy

Yes, all reviewers who bothered to actually play the game besides career mode.

Everything worked flawlessly and I had amazing time. I saw other drivers challenges, being able to upload my own, had my friends issuing theirs, etc.

Then the release came and everything went... Where it is today.

Review codes were retail discs bascially, just to clear that.

Oh snap, I didn't know you were one of the reviewers Amar! :D

Do you remember how many people were online in the leaderboards during the beta and review release?

gl0w

Online not working at all today. Can't even change my club badge.

It just freezes on "communication with Server...." Message.

Too bad

played a bit today , online is much more stable for some reason , and the face-off are loading without much issue .

There is still , however some problem with the global leaderboards :

time to fix the face-off challenges evolution , PLZ.

Top Bottom