• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Number45

T300RS ordered.
Wheel stand ordered.
Season pass purchased.

Hopefully I'll have everything setup this weekend and I can dive back in! ^_^

Spent a bit of time on it last night and noticed my times actually uploading and racing against ghosts and seeing in race face offs. It is definitely improving. If only destiny didn't have it's hooks in me I would be on all the time.

I am going to keep plodding along with a few events a day and really dedicate some time to it once it works flawlessly. Soon I hope! As it is so damn fun to play

Konosuke

I had much fun last night after being able to join with 8 GAF bros. I am kinda jealous of all the persons who are waiting for the plus edition. They'll experience the game as intended.

That Venom Hot Lap...I need to pick up three seconds...somewhere...sigh
Just did this, took me quite awhile but did it in cockpit view in ~1:15.35. What I would say is keep squealing to somewhat of a minimum and the key is really timing the turn in to a corner just right so that you take it tight and can come out on the gas.

The other big thing hat helped me at the end is take advantage of the analog braking. Brake halfway down the trigger and massage the car through the turn to keep that grip.

It also helps a ton if the lap ghosts are working so you can see where you are losing/gaining time.

Tommi84

What the hell, Evo?! How can I compete in stupidity like this? How come almost everyone could take Ferrari FF max, and these two #*&^#% have Venom and Audi R8?!

iXwHWK7xlNamx.jpg

Hacks? Server error? Hacks?

Tommi84

Edit: Oh the Venom... did they actually have them in the race or just wrong text? I've seen wrong text before, it showed what they had in the last race.
How should i know ;)? I was starting like 8th and had no chance of seeing them. However, the whole race was fcked up pretty bad - just as the race started, half of the players VANISHED into thin air. Just like that. Even though there player count was still 10, they were not on the map even. Then, half way through, two of the cars were going EXACTLY the opposite way. Doesn't have to tell you what havoc it created. Saved a short clip, will post it tomorrow somehow.

Not to mention the fact that the race ended for almost everyone else prematurely. I'm not driving THAT bad not to be able to finish in time ;)

Mullah88

Vivek and I are online! Join us ^_^

At work, if you guys are still on around 8 I'll be playing

I've had the servers start a race with just me in it. It ended half way through the p2p track and on the results, It showed other players and vehicle class

viveks86

At work, if you guys are still on around 8 I'll be playing

I've had the servers start a race with just me in it. It ended half way through the p2p track and on the results, It showed other players and vehicle class

I might be. Just played for a bit during lunch break.

farmerboy

Last 3 days has seen me enjoy the multi heaps as it is definitely working better. It really is a fun engaging game. I get on expecting to just lay down a few laps and whammo! 3 hrs has passed.

One thing though, and it has been mentioned before but I have to vent. This bumper car bullshit has to be fixed. Last night I was coming into a corner a little hot and ended up taking it a bit wide, still I managed to stay off the railings. Some numbnut came in waaayyyy too fast got airborne through the corner and hit the railing about a meter off the ground, bounced off into me and took off with more speed than me. Meanwhile I struggled to regain my line and didn't have his speed cos I actually slowed down for the corner!

Come on, I don't mind a bit of rough racing but that shit is just wrong - they need to sort that out asap.

v1lla21

I was finay able to beat SigSwat's score on the first drift single event!! Lol. Took me a while but I have a score of 17,333 now :p

Tommi84

Venom Hot Lap down to 1.17.6...I keep making the same mistakes...it's amazing..
Try using handbreak when braking and cut the first corner really, REALLY hard (you can go almost halfway to the grass without penalty), second corner go full speed. Rest you're gonna need to learn from yourself. THankfully, ghosts are showing up regularly right now so you can see which mistakes you make.

NotSaladin

Neo Member
Sounds good to me. If there's anyone else needing a club let us know! If we can get 6 people would be sweet.

I have a club called "The Formula" if you guys want to join, or I'd be willing to join yours. I'm looking for a good group. I was hoping to hold out until more of my friends had the game but not sure how much longer they'll have to wait for the PS+ version :(

Edit: ^^ slick recovery

GodofWine

Try using handbreak when braking and cut the first corner really, REALLY hard (you can go almost halfway to the grass without penalty), second corner go full speed. Rest you're gonna need to learn from yourself. THankfully, ghosts are showing up regularly right now so you can see which mistakes you make.

I went from a slow entry on the first corner, to wall riding it (which works ok) to just a crazy fast dive in low like you said.

I swear I'm leaving a second on that one really right curve and the ultra fast sweeper...

Got the Venom Hot Lap too. Beat my time by loads, 1.15.5something. Ended up panicing because I was around 0.8 up on my previous best and thinking it was all too good to be true.

And the Pagani drift as well. Now to mop up the other few I have left.

demolitio

Hmmm, you get a free digital copy of DC if you buy the Xperia Z3 on T-Mobile before Nov. 4th and I'm just about to go get one for a birthday present. I knew I held off on getting the game for a reason. :D

GodofWine

Got the Venom Hot Lap too. Beat my time by loads, 1.15.5something. Ended up panicing because I was around 0.8 up on my previous best and thinking it was all too good to be true.

And the Pagani drift as well. Now to mop up the other few I have left.

Once I get done this darn lap, I have 2 stars on all the drifts so I gotta clean them up. Drifts were the only event I let myself go past with only two stars

Afrikan

This is how you handle someone spinning you out.
https://mediacru.sh/Haq4P9qUOdRI

vbfejw.gif

actually if you can tell they are trying to spin you out... imo, the best thing to do is slow down enough to be level with them....and in this case, if you wanted to...you can just drive straight and slowly push them toward the left side, and they'd be fucked by that tunnel entrance.

or just slow down...and even if they get ahead of you alittle bit...f'it and spin them out.

if you have a while to go till you reach the end of the finish...then you can also just let them pass you a bit....and slowly catch up. Most likely, with the effort they did trying to mess you up, there are other racers behind you who will catch up or pass you by...and with that, there is a chance that asshole will do the same to them or he'll meet another asshole... but either way... you can then catch up as well.

but yes, nice control there in your video to recover like that.

I just tried online to test it out earlier and it seemed to connect MUCH faster. Everything loaded up in a fraction of the time it took before when I tried going online. Challenges still not working though.. when is that coming?? Also it seems like cars barely touch you and next thing you know you're spinning.

actually if you can tell they are trying to spin you out... imo, the best thing to do is slow down enough to be level with them....and in this case, if you wanted to...you can just drive straight and slowly push them toward the left side, and they'd be fucked by that tunnel entrance.

or just slow down...and even if they get ahead of you alittle bit...f'it and spin them out.

if you have a while to go till you reach the end of the finish...then you can also just let them pass you a bit....and slowly catch up. Most likely, with the effort they did trying to mess you up, there are other racers behind you who will catch up or pass you by...and with that, there is a chance that asshole will do the same to them or he'll meet another asshole... but either way... you can then catch up as well.

but yes, nice control there in your video to recover like that.
Yeah, best bet is to brake a touch. Conditioning yourself to do that is tough though!

I've managed to prevent a few though.

My time on hot lap
B0-UzwTIEAA8X_c.jpg:large
That big bold title is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Top Bottom