• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

FeiRR

Banned
Heads up guys, there's a new DC update today. Anybody know what's it about? the update file is 169.4mb
peBj3pF.jpg

Shaneus

Just downloading the update now, just noticed when I accidentally hit the PSN button and when I came back, it said I needed an update to use network features.
Edit:
Rwdgfsy.jpg

FeiRR

Banned
Nope it's not 1.04 as I already my version is 1.04. It's a new one, playing DC now and the update pop up and I'm downloading now. I'll post here to see what are new about this one.

Sorry, I forgot to run the game to apply the patch. [blushes]

thelastword

Banned
Ps Plus members can finally purchase the game again, I guess this was rectified on Tuesday. They've been leaving sales on the table since plus members could not purchase.

Shaneus

What I've noticed:
Sticks on Evolution splash screen a little longer.
"Challenges" continually has the "..." loading, rather than just appearing for a few seconds.
Main page with clubs loads a LOT quicker.
Go into "My Club", loads... "There was a problem communicating with the DRIVECLUB server"

:/

Edit: Wait, now it's back and okay. Everything overall seems to load much quicker, leaderboards now working like they should've from the start. Not sure on challenges yet, but I assume they're good too (they were just before the update was available, anyway).

#2: Challenges loading WAY quicker. One that didn't even exist after multiple retries just 15 minutes ago (US vs. UK event) is there on my first go of the track. Very impressive.

Number45

No indication that Amazon UK are sending out my T300RS... it's going to be delayed again isn't it? :'(

By the time I'm setup, DC will be purring hopefully.

QaaQer

Game wont start after update. Ok, I'm a patient guy but wtf EVO?

Maybe I'll just DL GT6 to get my racing fill as I really don't want to buy an x1 + another wheel.

Shaneus

Just saw one of the errors with the 16,000km/h speed trap face-offs, so that isn't quite fixed yet. But all the other face-offs I encountered in that race loaded super quickly.

CozMick

Banned
Just downloading the update now, just noticed when I accidentally hit the PSN button and when I came back, it said I needed an update to use network features.
Edit:
Rwdgfsy.jpg

Grey? GREY?

Dude, wheres your Papercraft theme?

The theme of all themes, dat music.

Vroadstar

Wow I'm impressed with the 1.05 update, everything seems faster now. 20 minutes ago I had to do multiple retries in Multiplayer now just one click and you're good to go.

New patch doesn't fix my game sitting on "Communicating with server, please wait" indefinitely when trying to save my updated club badge. Can't get rid of the message either so I have to restart the game. This is frustrating.

Vroadstar

New patch doesn't fix my game sitting on "Communicating with server, please wait" indefinitely when trying to save my updated club badge. Can't get rid of the message either so I have to restart the game. This is frustrating.

Did you try and checked and update history of the 1.05 update installed correctly? when I installed mine it still says 1.04 and I kept getting the "Communicating with server error".

What I did was to restart my PS4 and voila!

Did you try and checked and update history of the 1.05 update installed correctly? when I installed mine it still says 1.04 and I kept getting the "Communicating with server error".

What I did was to restart my PS4 and voila!

I checked update history and it shows 1.05 so I assume it has installed correctly. Will try and restart the PS4 anyway to see if that fixes it.

Kiraly

Saw there was an update, decided to try the game again.

Holy fuck

First thing I got: "There was an error communicating with the Driveclub servers"

Got reconnected a few times, was able to check out my driver statistics for the first time since I bought the game at launch (!)

Not a single fucking thing got uploaded or tracked, so my stats say things like 2 km driven........

Fuck you Evolution, I'm fucking done with this piece of shit game

QaaQer

Ok, so it will start if I use my wife's account, but wont start on mine. I guess I'll just have to try downloading it again.

Shaneus

Well, had a crack at three multiplayer games, got kicked out midway through two of them. Whatever they need to try, they need to keep on trying.

Shame, the online component of the single-player stuff seems almost perfect.

Ted

Maybe I'll just DL GT6 to get my racing fill

I've been doing exactly that!

And given that I can't see the gratis PS+ version being available for some time now I've seriously considered just buying GRID: Autosport cheap for some new driving kicks whilst I re-consider my options for new gen gaming.

Most of my pre-release questions about DC have been answered since it has been out (no proper lobby and hosting system is such a hype killer) and without having the PS+ version to sample the driving model for myself with a controller (I'm used to using a Logitech wheel) I don't want to potentially waste my hard-earned on a new IP that perhaps doesn't suit my tastes.

At this point I just hope Evo are able to push through this disastrous launch and are finally able to deliver the product they envisioned (whether I care for it or not).

le-seb

Yup, I've tried to update our club badge yesterday and again today after the upgrade, and I have exactly the same problem than you.

One question I have:

Why aren't ghosts at least temporarily saved locally? I mean, does the game really need to ping online servers every single time you restart an event? I was doing the Ruf challenge over and over and the ghosts would sometimes load instantly yet other times they would load halfway through and sometimes they never loaded. I'm pretty sure that's gotta be causing a bit of unnecessary stress on the already compounded server issues. Anyone else notice this or agree? And we really need split times added in. Really really need these.

Jindrax

Hey guys? Is the multiplayer just not working or does nobody play this game anymore?
I mean I choose multiplayer on the main menu, then you have to "register" for an event... Nobody ever joins? I've never even seen anyone else in one of the events?

viveks86

One question I have:

Why aren't ghosts at least temporarily saved locally? I mean, does the game really need to ping online servers every single time you restart an event? I was doing the Ruf challenge over and over and the ghosts would sometimes load instantly yet other times they would load halfway through and sometimes they never loaded. I'm pretty sure that's gotta be causing a bit of unnecessary stress on the already compounded server issues. Anyone else notice this or agree? And we really need split times added in. Really really need these.

Ghosts are saved locally. The reason it pings the online servers is to check if there is a more appropriate ghost of someone else that the game should place instead of your own, based on your current times. Sign out of PSN and you will notice your own ghost load up immediately.

Denur

Looks like that half the people posting screens are playing the game with black bars. :/

1. Make sure your TV is set to some sort of no scale setting.
2. Then make sure your PS4 is filling the screen:

If one of those isn't correct, you're effectively not playing in 1080p, adding blur and likely lag.

these are all bad:
Thanks for the heads-up. The TV settings were indead not correct. I hope they are good now. :)

New challenge for you all.

BsW7Z8.jpg

Someone race harder than me.

Gave it a try. Next one please. :p

BxYjBy.jpg
Feel free to add me.

DrKelpo

Banned
just installed the latest driveclub and system update and since then i cant start the game without it crashing. i get this CE-34878-0 error code everytime. always happens on the evolution studios screen.

i deleted the game data, installed it again and was able to start the game just fine in version 1.0. but then i updated it to 1.05 again and the error came back.

anyone got an idea, what to do?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
damn... Can someone see where I am on the leaderboard?? OC_crash

I swear I was on the 20th position after a jolly ride last saturday

Ghosts are saved locally. The reason it pings the online servers is to check if there is a more appropriate ghost of someone else that the game should place instead of your own, based on your current times. Sign out of PSN and you will notice your own ghost load up immediately.

But then if I beat that time, I don't want to run the risk of the game not syncing my new time. Decisions, decisions.

barit

One question I have:

Ya this is something I don't understand. It's nice from Evo to always check if some of my friends have ghosts that match my times BUT this never worked for me so far even with 50+ Gaffer on my friendlist. So give me just my damn ghost so I can see if I can beat my own times first (i'm playing with HUD off). Sometimes I see my ghost and when I restart because of a screwup, he disapears for the next round. This inconsequents is what getting me really on my nerves. The same goes for challenges. Sometimes they appear, sometimes not.

dano1

A Sheep
just installed the latest driveclub and system update and since then i cant start the game without it crashing. i get this CE-34878-0 error code everytime. always happens on the evolution studios screen.

i deleted the game data, installed it again and was able to start the game just fine in version 1.0. but then i updated it to 1.05 again and the error came back.

Oh boy can't wait to get home and try that update....

Famassu

Turn off your PS4 and try again? Rebuild database? This is what the PS Support says about that error code:

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.

Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [Settings] > [User] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.

Step 3: If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.

Step 4: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

Step 5: If the error continues and occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.

Just got a crash waiting to sync with a lobby.

Shaneus

Thanks for the heads-up. The TV settings were indead not correct. I hope they are good now. :)

Gave it a try. Next one please. :p

BxYjBy.jpg
Feel free to add me.
Looking like it's updating leaderboards quicer/more accurately, too. You beat him by 2 seconds, yet are ranked 111 vs. his 47th a few days ago! Very interesting.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looking like it's updating leaderboards quicer/more accurately, too. You beat him by 2 seconds, yet are ranked 111 vs. his 47th a few days ago! Very interesting.

Once it starts working well I imagine lots of people will fall like bricks in the rankings. I am in the top 10 for drifting on this one track, but that's because I think there's only like 40 people on the boards. And that's the one I did over and over to learn how to do it.

I think I will fall way down soon. I am still terrible at drifting.

garyBig

I have the very same problem. Game won't start anymore. Really great stuff.

DrKelpo

Banned
I have the very same problem. Game won't start anymore. Really great stuff.

seeing that it seemingly only affects driveclub in version 1.05 right now, i'm hoping its a small and fixable thing, that maybe gets patched soon.

i will try out a few games later see, if they work fine.

le-seb

I'm not experiencing the problem, but this article (in French) dating from January seems to tell the error could be related with some game save corruption.
Maybe you could try backing up your save data to a USB stick, delete the save data from your console, and then restore it from the cloud to see if the game can start?

Top Bottom