• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys. The sound effects have improved with the latest patch. Cars idle are much louder and cars generally sound a lot better.

Some minor tweaks to the physics as well.

Anyone notice?

garyBig

Hey guys. The sound effects have improved with the latest patch. Cars idle are much louder and cars generally sound a lot better.

Anyone notice?

Well, default volume in this game has been very low. They probably noticed that when they started working on the Headset profile. (far too quiet for headset immersion)

Can't comment on noticing anything though since the game doesn't work right now. But this makes me excited for it now.

I do find myself blasting the volume whenever I play. Once you reach a certain tipping point in volume its completely enveloping and bestial.
Until someone is using a headset... That volume is blazingly loud.

Not sure why the game has such a quite mix, but nothing your TV remote won't solve.

Also, no free track then this month like planned then I take it?

Until someone is using a headset... That volume is blazingly loud.

Not sure why the game has such a quite mix, but nothing your TV remote won't solve.

Also, no free track then this month like planned then I take it?
I do solve the problem with my headset, on blast, and now with custom tunes. So damn good.

Also curious about the free track and how those are supposed to be handled. What is "one track" anyway? Is it a new environment or a different layout of one of the existing environments? Why is it one track rather than the track and it's reverse version? Or does that one track include the reverse as well?

Mullah88

Well, default volume in this game has been very low. They probably noticed that when they started working on the Headset profile. (far too quiet for headset immersion)

Can't comment on noticing anything though since the game doesn't work right now. But this makes me excited for it now.

The game does not booth up? Obviously what he mentioned can still be noticed playing the single events

I do solve the problem with my headset, on blast, and now with custom tunes. So damn good.

Also curious about the free track and how those are supposed to be handled. What is "one track" anyway? Is it a new environment or a different layout of one of the existing environments? Why is it one track rather than the track and it's reverse version? Or does that one track include the reverse as well?
You will get the reverse as well, yes and they are new tracks, not a different layout of an existing one.

There will be one new location and one additional track to each existing country. So in total, 6 unique tracks for each location with reverse and race circuit configurations on top of that.

GoaThief

Where it paused for a split-second as you crossed the finish line at the end of an event.

Though, I didn't notice it in recent days, unless I become immune to it.
In an online race someone who was just in front of me somehow managed to finish behind on the results screen. Could that cause it?

I've also been booted twice just after crossing the line in first in Multiplayer so I don't get the points for myself or club. Will post a video shortly. Ridiculous.

krioto

so what is the best car for the Legend series?

I've used the Zonda R for Cayoosh Point reverse time trial, and the Hennessy for the UK v USA - any others any better.

And why is the other Pagani so quiet?

In an online race someone who was just in front of me somehow managed to finish behind on the results screen. Could that cause it?

I've also been booted twice just after crossing the line in first in Multiplayer so I don't get the points for myself or club. Will post a video shortly. Ridiculous.
No that is lag.

You are not in sync with the other racer. For example, I was uploading something whilst racing online. When uploading it cripples my connection, so I knew I wouldn't have a 'good' race.

Indeed it said 'Go', but I couldn't 'go', it didn't think it had actually begun yet.

Anyway, I thought I finished in one position but actually finished one place higher because my overall time was less than the person who finished earlier than me.

garyBig

The game does not booth up? Obviously what he mentioned can still be noticed playing the single events

Yeah, it doesn't boot up at all. This stuff:

just installed the latest driveclub and system update and since then i cant start the game without it crashing. i get this CE-34878-0 error code everytime. always happens on the evolution studios screen.

i deleted the game data, installed it again and was able to start the game just fine in version 1.0. but then i updated it to 1.05 again and the error came back.

anyone got an idea, what to do?

I have the very same problem. Game won't start anymore. Really great stuff.

DrKelpo

Banned
Jep, seems to be a savefile issue. Backed the files up and deleted them from the system. The game starts normally. But when I download them from the online storage the error occurs again.

Thanks for the tip.

Nafai1123

Banned

I've used the Zonda R for Cayoosh Point reverse time trial, and the Hennessy for the UK v USA - any others any better.

The Zonda R is basically a straight up race car while the Hyuara is more of a luxury supercar for the street. The Zonda R has a Formula 1 style exhaust which is why it's so loud.

This video is a good example. Skip to about 1:20 to see/hear a Zonda R compared to the (lack of) sound from a Hyuara.

I think I used the Hennessy in the Legend Series. It's pretty OP.

Anyone notice?

Thank god for that. I'm really glad the guys are utilizing their time properly and fixing things like sound effects rather than, you know, sorting out the fact the entire fucking online component of the game is broken.

I think this patch might have introduced the improved tunnel lighting transitions Rushy mentioned. At least it seems different, but the trouble is with everything being so dynamic and being able to pick any time and cloud cover means you never know what you were picking before to compare against :p

Clouds are really good in Driveclub, they even invaded the Salar de Surire track.
http://youtu.be/0BhfLtLGPVY
Yeah it is weird driving that track and it can be either baron or cloudy in the dip.

It was foggy on the drive home this evening and I wondered if they could include fog in the weather patch. If it is too much for the console to handle then maybe only allow it with a clear sky, so you're essentially just moving the clouds down to road level lol.

garyBig

Jep, seems to be a savefile issue. Backed the files up and deleted them from the system. The game starts normally. But when I download them from the online storage the error occurs again.

Thanks for the tip.

So I copied my save file to USB (in case I might need it again) and downloaded the last cloud file which was dated 13/10/2014. Game starts up and works. Not ideal, of course, but could be worse I guess. Now off to redo all the events I had actually already done.

Mugatu

I'm sorry, I have nothing to contribute but I keep seeing this thread and every time the title makes me laugh - I just had to tell OP how much I enjoy the "you can't rush evolution" tagline.

GoaThief

cripples my connection, so I knew I wouldn't have a 'good' race.

Indeed it said 'Go', but I couldn't 'go', it didn't think it had actually begun yet.
That might not be your connection, it happens to everyone in this video. Shame I didn't record two races before when the whole grid was delayed except for one guy who got a ten second headstart.

More Driveclub Woe

Gave up (again) after it ended. All this over three weeks past release. :-(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I made a mistake and said I used the Huayra for it, when I actually used the Koenigseggeggeggegg Agera. :x

Had no problems and got all 9 stars in my first run.

Others have used the Zonda R, but I didn't have that unlocked. (Until last night)

Cock of War

Still, have a nice mix of the DriveClub soundtrack along with my favorites from other racing games - even some Horizon 2 tracks in there :) Just makes everything better, especially when screaming down a course in a Venom to Driver Down (from Lost Highway).

When I had my first night race it reminded me of Lost Highway and exactly that track. Even named my club Driver Down :)

Hoje0308

Banned
I called Sony yesterday and explained to them the problems I'm still having with the game. The guy on the phone is very understanding and promptly issues a refund. So I of course delete the game from my HDD and move on with my life. Later today, more than 24 hours later, I get an email telling me that my refund was actually denied. Get on the chat line with CS and was given the same two corporate lines about Sony's refund policy, just repeated in a slightly different order. I still can't finish MP games consistently and the overall experience is a mess compared to what was promised. I like the game but hate supporting a product that isn't working as advertised. Sony can pretty much go fuck themselves at this point.

benzy

Anyone notice?

Just started playing today. Yeah, the engine volume seems to have gotten higher. In my video uploads I would always have to turn up the volume in a video editor since they were so low before. Good update.

Is there anyone that can do some drift event for me i can't get 3 stars on those events.... Il keep trying since release. Please Add me for a shareplay session

Psn id: Willwords

DonMigs85

HOW
10301129_10204869587130095_1279077558991882011_n.jpg

OmegaDL50

Yeah!
"I don't care that you're the audio programmer, start writing network code!"

I know, it's like people expect the guys hired as artists that do art or the sound guys that work on the audio are totally expected to drop what they were hired to do and provide completely unqualified assistance to the networking staff.

Imagine that.

I said this in an earlier post, but I figure it should be reposted for the occasion.

Konosuke

I know, it's like people expect the guys hired as artists that do art or the sound guys that work on the audio are totally expected to drop what they were hired to do and provide completely unqualified assistance to the networking staff.

Imagine that.

I said this in an earlier post, but I figure it should be reposted for the occasion.

I would expect that the team assigned to this month's free track to release said track. But alas, they won't deliver on that promise.

benzy

Glad the dude wiped out, gave us a good duel v1lla. lol

wvpjyn.gif

Yeah!
"I don't care that you're the audio programmer, start writing network code!"

This is probably the reason why the weather, dlc, and photomode might be delayed, some people will just think Evo isn't working on the server issues. :(

v1lla21

Glad the dude wiped out, gave us a good duel v1lla. lol

wvpjyn.gif

This is probably the reason why the weather, dlc, and photomode might be delayed, some people will just think Evo isn't working on the server issues. :(
Dude that was an amazing race!! The one prior to that one too. I have both saved so I'll try to get both up. In both occasions he wiped out.
Actually never mind I think he came in first in the other race. Lol.

benzy

Dude that was an amazing race!! The one prior to that one too. I have both saved so I'll try to get both up. In both occasions he wiped out.

Cool, I only have my captures set up for 1 minute, so it'd be nice to see the whole thing. But yeah, good fun racing for those 2 races with everyone.

tumblr_mpn9wu4n7w1s5bg5do1_500.gif

Actually never mind I think he came in first in the other race. Lol.

Yeah, he beat us lol. Was trying to take him out throughout the race but oh well.

Top Bottom