• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

FeiRR

Banned
I had an online race today where I didn't suck. I overtook a guy on third lap and he was right behind me for the whole last lap. The adrenaline was incredible. I beat him, came second. Biggest online achievement for me yet.

I had an online race today where I didn't suck. I overtook a guy on third lap and he was right behind me for the whole last lap. The adrenaline was incredible. I beat him, came second. Biggest online achievement for me yet.
Online, when matched with the right players, can be amazing. Yesterday I was doing a point to point race in the Mercedes and 1, 2, and 3rd place were all battling as we neared the last four turns. Second place spun out first, third place t boned second, and I drove smoothly by for the win with fifth place (now in second) right on my tail. It was seriously amazing.

played a bit today , online is much more stable for some reason , and the face-off are loading without much issue .

There is still , however some problem with the global leaderboards :

time to fix the face-off challenges evolution , PLZ.
It is a mess here tonight. Worst in a long time. Struggling to get into a lobby.

Sometimes when selecting one it doesn't wait and I'm in a lobby but then it goes back to the event registration view and switched to say expired event though you were registered.

Then if you do get in a lobby half the people don't ever select a car and are missing from the race.

They're probably people that were in the lobby but got told they weren't in the lobby like how I just described.

Then Face Offs will disconnect in the race.

All this with only six events to choose from...

Been booted off completely and shunted back to the main menu 3 times now since posting that. I am a patient person but this is getting a bit testing now.

People stop playing games that are fully operational as time passes, let alone ones that don't so how even with players dropping off naturally and then those that have had enough this is still in this state is beyond me.

Evo need to put out more meaningful messages in their updates about what they are actually doing and what is actually wrong. More technical detail.

Not going to play again tonight if it is just going to carry on like this.

New challenge for you all.

BsW7Z8.jpg

Someone race harder than me.

TEH-CJ

Banned
They haven't mentioned anything about them. I'm hoping they at least release replay and photomode very soon while we wait for the online connections to get better. Gives us something more to do with the shoddy connections.

Thanks buddy. Hope they release it soon.

Seems like online is back to broken state... Seriously, do they know what they're doing? -_-
I'm supportive of their efforts to fix the game but, come on, we should go forward, not backward.

I'll stop for tonight, that's really disappointing.

Goldrusher

Looks like that half the people posting screens are playing the game with black bars. :/

1. Make sure your TV is set to some sort of no scale setting.
2. Then make sure your PS4 is filling the screen:
settings ---> Sound and Screen ---> Display Area Settings

If one of those isn't correct, you're effectively not playing in 1080p, adding blur and likely lag.

these are good:

these are all bad:

Looks like that half the people posting screens are playing the game with black bars. :/

If one of those isn't correct, you're effectively not playing in 1080p, adding blur and likely lag.

these are good:

these are all bad:

My screen is in the "bad" ones , but it's fitted to my tv screen , so there isn't much i can do .
I'm not experiencing lag of any sort ..

Seems like online is back to broken state... Seriously, do they know what they're doing? -_-
I'm supportive of their efforts to fix the game but, come on, we should go forward, not backward.

I'll stop for tonight, that's really disappointing.

Also unable to connect here. 3 weeks on.

It's a fucking disgrace, seriously what the hell is going on. Shambolic.

these are good:

these are all bad:

I have a 2008/2009 Dell TV which my dad got for free (Rewards Points) for having used a Dell Credit Card to buy two laptops around that time... It's definitely not the best. :/ Upgrading this black Friday though! :D

Shaneus

Couldn't be a router issue, could it? Try doing a network test under your PS4's settings.

Not saying you're at fault, but you should've connected at least a handful of times by now.

You really should have been able to have connected by now. I was in a club the day after it came out in the UK and able to create and search for clubs the day it came out (though it was very unstable).

Anyone else been unable to connect at all?

GodofWine

Where are you, who is your ISP, Nat type, any word port forwarding, etc etc?

Something must be up besides the game cause it connects now almost always immediately, for at least a solid week now

Do you give it a few minutes before quitting out?

GoaThief

Play the game as intended? The only way that's happening is if you have a party. Like you mentioned, the game was designed to allow such driving techniques/style. Nothing wrong with that, rage quiting isn't that necessary anymore once you realize that.

want a clean race, join a group of people that want the same thing, don't expect it in a pub. Clean races do happen with randoms but they're very rare.
Going by the state of everything I doubt Evolution even accounted for the kind of full contact driving seen in multiplayer. If the game was designed with destruction derby in mind why are there no rewards in the same vein as those for drifting during a race?

Aside from that a private lobby would be the bare minimum I'd expect as an answer and only a temporary one at that. Problem is private lobbies don't exist in this game. Have you played Driveclub yourself? For contrast I can fire up GRID Autosport, Forza 5, or iracing in a public race and expect to have minimal or no contact. There is a huge difference, not like the leader boards in Driveclub are working correctly so one cannot even hotlap whilst waiting for solutions either.

Had an awesome crash last night where my car cartwheeled about 5 times going about 250km an hour whilst I was in bonnet cam, I'd upload the clip but the youtube upload won't work for me just yet... :p

... not like the leader boards in Driveclub are working correctly so one cannot even hotlap whilst waiting for solutions either.

I spent a good amount of time today besting leaderboard times, they all posted. Multi-race events are still fucked but in general leaderboards work ok. Just saying.

GodofWine

How are they cheating, though? I mentioned it earlier, but I'm pretty sure they're not cheating, it's just errors happening on the server side.

Yea, on the venom hot lap where the only car you can use is the venom(obviously), a Volkswagen is in the top 5 (as of last night at least) after nearly dying getting a three star run, it did make me chuckle

A guy sent me a message on PSN asking me how I got such good times. I thought for sure he just had the wrong guy or something (my times are average at best) then he told me one of my times was like 0:35 or something and wanted to know how I did that. So, yeah, I don't think any of those "glitchy" times are real and you too, yes you, might be on top of some random leaderboard with a 0:02 time.

Kumubou

There are glitched times going the other way as well -- I know on a couple of leaderboards I was seeing times that totaled several hours for a single lap. It's probably just tweaking out, just like all of the other online stuff did.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So yeah.. Multiplayer (when it works) is not racing but a bunch of childish jerkers rear-ending all the fun out of the game.

Yeah its terrible.

I've been mostly focusing on the single player stuff with the way the servers have been, but I decided I was ready to take it online. I did last night and was crushing it. Came up toa sharp corner (red flag), and guys come absolutely torpedoing in and slam into me spinning me completely around. They bounce off me and just keep on going.

If you have my problem, then it is different to what most experience.
Our problems, or at least mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5duwqgqIKJQ

Now things have gone from bad to worse. Recently I bought the game again digitally (second time - why? because the ps4 let me so I thought it might fix things. It didn't).

Then reversed the second $ transaction on PSN support. At that point my account still shows the pre-order transaction, and 'driveclub' but my copy went locked (no license to run).

So I deleted it, and tried to download it again - no option to download, only to buy again.

So back to support - chat support told me the problem required phone support.

Phone support had my restore licenses, then re-init to default settings my PS4 (still no download option), then de-authorised my PS4, saying that sometimes fixes things I re-authorised it, still no joy. Now I've got to call back again telling them I'm still out 49.99 but can't download the game to replace my never-functional deleted copy.

Basically I think at least in my case I fell into some situation where the driveclub I paid for and pre-ordered then downloaded was not totally authorised by all of the systems and the connection to Evolution studio was being kicked out due to that.

If PSN can't get me a download link, I'm going to ask them to refund the first payment completely, wipe my account of any driveclub license, then I'll try again with a new purchase in the hope that gets me into the same boat everyone else is in.

Time Trials with custom soundtracks just tipped this game into the stratosphere. Love it.

Took a few laps and ran some point to points - connectivity was better, but still not quite there. Maybe 80% of the time I was getting on-track challenges and ghosts, though sometimes the ghosts seemed to take forever to load the avatar image.

Still, have a nice mix of the DriveClub soundtrack along with my favorites from other racing games - even some Horizon 2 tracks in there :) Just makes everything better, especially when screaming down a course in a Venom to Driver Down (from Lost Highway).

Shaneus

One step at a time, you need to beat the other people on your friends list first bro.
I need to actually compete against them. I'm sitting at around ~190 trophies, once that's done it's time trial city, baby.

Still, have a nice mix of the DriveClub soundtrack along with my favorites from other racing games - even some Horizon 2 tracks in there :) Just makes everything better, especially when screaming down a course in a Venom to Driver Down (from Lost Highway).
It struck me a few times when returning to the menu just how similar the soundtrack was (at times) to NFS2 (and even the original NFS). I tried racing last night with custom OST but just couldn't get into it at all. Guess I need to find the right music (even classical?) to zone out to.

My screen is in the "bad" ones , but it's fitted to my tv screen , so there isn't much i can do .
I'm not experiencing lag of any sort ..

Yeah, I had this issue, looked fine on my screen, when it came to remote play the display area was smaller than it should be. It seemed I had to change my TV ratio setting as it was overscanning. I set it to normal/just scan(LG) and then the screen setup showed that I had further to push the boundaries. I would assume your TV is doing something similar.

Driver Down is a damn good idea, plus I'm Deranged for one of the night tracks.

Just wasted 3 hours of my time trying to get the venom timing down to 1.16.00. I only managed to cut it down from 1.16.602 to 1.16.564.

This is so frustrating. But i keep coming back for more. Whyyyyyy. Its just so damn addictive to try to do better.

T_Exige

Yesterday I got a fast time on the Black Hills Track: Performance Class

The RUF RGT8 is a beast! Any challengers :) ?

I am going to try that RUF CTR3 event next :)

gdPNn7y.jpg

Top Bottom