• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

kikonawa

Why are reviews being discussed again? I love this game. So glad it isn't filled with the nonesense that EA racing games are filled with these days.Apprarently that's what is needed to impress though. Sad.

exactly my feeling.. love the way it is

leng jai

Why are reviews being discussed again? I love this game. So glad it isn't filled with the nonesense that EA racing games are filled with these days.Apprarently that's what is needed to impress though. Sad.

Read the actual posts discussing what could have been done better instead of being offended by people who are simply voicing legitimate concerns.

I'm still unsure.

I will say, when I had my first race after the patch I thought - this looks... different. It was in Chungara Lake and to me the difference seems to be prominence of the road deformations. They seemed a bit more visible further ahead.

Indeed I've done a lot of racing in Maplewood and the road surface there is very washed out, and the square 'slabs' if you like of road on the start/finish straight - it seems like you can see the ridges further away than you could before.

Still blurry, but less so. I wonder if there's been a slight bump in texture filtering?

Or it could all just be one big placebo :p

Heh, the way you describe it.....it all sounds like one big placebo :p

I'm normally quite anal about this stuff and cast a very critical eye on someone when they make big claims like "AA is improved!!" for a game but I'm totally with pixelbox on this one but hey.....that's just me! :D

Heh, the way you describe it.....it all sounds like one big placebo :p

I'm normally quite anal about this stuff and cast a very critical eye on someone when they make big claims like "AA is improved!!" for a game but I'm totally with pixelbox on this one but hey.....that's just me! :D
The 'garage'/car selection looks a lot cleaner to me.

I never really noticed the white pixels to be honest, maybe I become immune I don't know. I like the dull conditions, which did exhibit them less to be fair so maybe I just encounter them less.

So I noticed on Oliver's Landing there is a lot of wall riding going on. Can't beat 'em? Join 'em.

I thought I'd give it a go and took it to the extreme.

scvenn.gif

said:
Thanks for your e-mail about DRIVECLUB™.

I can see that you’re having some problems with DRIVECLUB™. Please be aware that our engineers are currently working towards a permanent for a number of issues which users are currently experiencing.In light of this, we are unable to offer refunds as of this moment in time.

Well that sucks. How can they NOT offer a refund.

shink

It's a big mess that the leaderboard stuff only occasionally works a couple weeks after launch. Probably the worst release I've personally ever experienced.

On another note, I still don't know how to drift. I followed the instructions to go wide as possible, then tap circle but that only sometimes works. I'm gonna keep trying until I get it.

It's a big mess that the leaderboard stuff only occasionally works a couple weeks after launch. Probably the worst release I've personally ever experienced.

On another note, I still don't know how to drift. I followed the instructions to go wide as possible, then tap circle but that only sometimes works. I'm gonna keep trying until I get it.
Try pressing circle for a little longer. It should be a short press, not a tap.

T_Exige

Trophies at 90% only missing the challlenges... I guess that will have to wait for now :)

Something strange happened, club fame went from 34.000k to 31.000k today and the ranking got better from 1200 to 300 ^^

Number 136 in the world on the hot lap with 1:14:899 on a controller. My hands are killing me. The guy ahead of me has 1:14:888 and I cannot for the life of me improve my time anymore.

SmokyDave

Only been playing a couple of hours and I'm already sick of the Face Off system. It wouldn't be so bad if you could disable online and avoid all the 'Average Speed - 4637mph' bullshit.

Also disappointed that I'm forced to join or run a club to unlock cars. Not cool.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's this about an AA improvement?

I'm not seeing it; has it gone worse? I see lights turn from red to white flicker depending on the LOD !!

Only been playing a couple of hours and I'm already sick of the Face Off system. It wouldn't be so bad if you could disable online and avoid all the 'Average Speed - 4637mph' bullshit.

You can tweak the HUD so that it only shows the on-track stuff (the orange and blue finish lines and cornering lines) while disabling the other stuff. That's how I have it.

Also disappointed that I'm forced to join or run a club to unlock cars. Not cool.

Not cool, sure, but you can start a club and make it private and it's all the same, really.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
500k fame away from level 50 only 37/225 starts because all I've been doing is practicing

is Need For Speed Rivals on PS4 any good? I need a racer while I wait for DC to be fixed :(

I loved Rivals. Fun racing game. Switching between cop and racer was addicting. Even got the platinum trophy for it, though it wasn't that hard.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah that bug is kinda annoying and shows up quite a bit for me for some reason where it's just crazy scores which were obviously Drift Scores but somehow became counted as Average MPH. I know they are probably busy working on getting the online and challenges working better, but I'm surprised that haven't tried to fix that bug yet.

Finally started playing a bit again yesterday and finally got my Pro Trophy as well! Has PSN 2.0 made stuff more wonky for everyone though, or is it just me? For the few days before 2.0 came out I was atleast staying connected pretty consistently, but now it's jumping around like every 2 minutes on whether I'm connected or not. I've also decided that I think I'm not going to ask for a refund and just tough it out since I do enjoy playing the game alot, just hope they fix everything soon. Would be awesome if they compensate with like a huge discount on the Season Pass or something.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally started playing a bit again yesterday and finally got my Pro Trophy as well! Has PSN 2.0 made stuff more wonky for everyone though, or is it just me? For the few days before 2.0 came out I was atleast staying connected pretty consistently, but now it's jumping around like every 2 minutes on whether I'm connected or not. I've also decided that I think I'm not going to ask for a refund and just tough it out since I do enjoy playing the game alot, just hope they fix everything soon. Would be awesome if they compensate with like a huge discount on the Season Pass or something.

It's been dropping then reconnecting pretty fast for me. Played a few online matches and was able to join with no issues.

Sporran

Would be nice if the face off could be Friends List only. I dont care about randoms.

Join a club cause if you dont, well the Bac mono......

JesseDeya

Banned
Thanks for your e-mail about DRIVECLUB™.

I can see that you’re having some problems with DRIVECLUB™. Please be aware that our engineers are currently working towards a permanent for a number of issues which users are currently experiencing.In light of this, we are unable to offer refunds as of this moment in time.

Well that sucks. How can they NOT offer a refund.

Why does your cut and and paste from a form email contain formatting, spelling and grammatical errors??

"currently working towards a permanent for a number of issues"

That doesn't even make sense. Is this actually the email you received from Evolution?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Challenges were cool before the sever gimps. The more face offs you took down the better the opponents it threw at you, thus improving your driving over time.

Beat an average speed face off of 98mph? Here's a 120mph one, good luck. 2500pts in your last cornering? Look at this guy and his 4300pts.

It sucks its so botched. So much potential.

It's a bit annoying, yeah, especially when you can't access the club cars when you lose server connection but they've said they're working on it.
Do you have an alt account or anyone else you could add? You need two for a club to activate so you could create a club, add an alt or friend even if they never play the game then set it to private.

I've seen a few more unattainable Face-Offs since the recent patch but i think that might be down to me having a server connection more frequently than before.

Challenges were cool before the sever gimps. The more face offs you took down the better the opponents it threw at you, thus improving your driving over time.

Beat an average speed face off of 98mph? Here's a 120mph one, good luck. 2500pts in your last cornering? Look at this guy and his 4300pts.

That is how it is working right now, though?

Obviously disconnection aside, if you go into an event beat a Face Off on your next lap round you'll get a Face Off with a higher score.

Sweep14

That is how it is working right now, though?

Obviously disconnection aside, if you go into an event beat a Face Off on your next lap round you'll get a Face Off with a higher score.

Yep and it's working pretty well at the moment
So far, been happy with DC. It's a really good game that can only get better once online issues are solved

Gestault

I don't want to be overly harsh here, but this sounds like someone being impressed that a scoreboard puts higher numbers above lower ones. This is a standard feature of the genre for in-race leaderboards.

Synth

Wanna join my Idontwannabeinaclub club?

I keep entering events seeing a line-up of about 6 cars, yet being able to only drive one of them. It's getting real old.

Gestault

I dont think that is their first priority......

I'd think they had different people on the different modules. It's basically the only reason we can safely expect the weather/replay/photo patch. It's supposedly before Christmas, at the very least.

I'd think they had different people on the different modules. It's basically the only reason we can safely expect the weather/replay/photo patch. It's supposedly before Christmas, at the very least.
The app is made, and was done by a third party.

It isn't that it isn't ready, it is just because it connects to the same servers as the game and obviously if everyone was trying to use the app as well that means even more hammering of the servers.

le-seb

What is the pre-order DLC exactly? If it's just that yellow Mercedes, then yes.
The Mercedes is regular free DLC available to everyone and not pre-order DLC.

No pre-order DLC when buying from the US store, this was only available from the EU store.

Cyborg

Other than being snarky and constantly voicing your opinion about how you'll never buy another Evolution game why are you here?

To support the guys who bought the game, paid 50 euros or dollars for it and stil (3 weeks after the release) cant enjoy the product they paid for.

The fact that you support them is your right as mine is to criticize them for delivering such an bad product. No way in hell can they or you justify this mess they have made.

le-seb

^
Thought you had a real (bumper to bumper) clean race online.
Disappointed!

Oh for real? That's assy, I wonder why.
I think I've read that some retailer had an exclusivity on pre-order bonus DLC in North America.
Not sure which one, not sure if true, but this may explain it.

Top Bottom