• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

any updates guys?

about to spend a week of MK8 DLC love then GTAV for the first time so need to keep checking back with DC to make sure I do not miss a nice update with fixes

GodofWine

Just a quick post to say ... I was online last night and the whole experience was just as fast (if not faster than) the BAC Mono.

From initial startup, myClub was already shown - no load times. Checking Club Members and the events calendar took less than 10 seconds to load.

Ireland here .. so don't know whether their testing method is geographically based. Whether it will degrade over the week or not I dunno. But will try again tonight and see if there's any consistency with the connection.

The whole process is rather Impressive when it works it must be said.

Online Challenges next Evo ! :)

Agreed last night was WAY WAY better. Fingers crossed

Ultibreaker

Neo Member
This will forever be your first post, wasted.

Lol yeah it doesn't matter to me :/

I signed up like 2 months ago and now I'm finally getting previlage to post on threads. Anyways... I've been playing the game since day one. Kind of took a break last week because of Advance Warefare which is F-up with online issues as well. At least it's playable but the lag is crazy. So frustrating.

If you guys notice the online/matchmaking is working a lot better today. Some of you are wondering why, well to answer your question, it's because they are working on server updates internally. When the game starts to give you the red line of info that you can't connect to the server, that's Evo updating the servers with a recent update they fed to the servers.

Does it make the game better for you in particular...Maybe. But the point of this is to connect as many people as they can. Example, if 600,000 were able to connect with this recent "internal" server update and 30,000 weren't able to then the next internal update will try to get more people in. Maybe 621,000 are able to connect in the next update. This can go both ways. Next update can have 570,000 connected and 60,000 disconnected.

Mostly every one in here including myself hate how dumb some of these drivers are. Let's hope private lobbies show up soon, that's the only way to regulate who's playing clean. Set a title "Clean Race" and set the max capacity to 5. That's the only way you'll be able to enjoy a clean good race. 12 players in a track they don't know is a set up for defeat.

Turkoop

Banned
Finally!!.. Venom Hot Lap - 1:15.265

... At first it seemed impossible, but many, many tries later it started to click... and even with a so-so start, I finally managed to get under 1:16.000

video pending as Upload to YouTube is not working for me right now...

225 stars here I come...

Finally :p

Mullah88

I don't see any asshole drivers...what am I missing here? I saw two bumps. One was you on the inside of a dude when he started his turn and got bumped. The other is the dude spinning out and getting back on the track and bumped into you.

Sometimes the person doing the bumping does not realize they're doing it. This was a race with one of my friends online (dewayneboss97) at 2:23 he goes to over take the P1 and bumps into me which sends him spinning lol. He swore that I was the one that hit him but as you can see that's not what happened
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EjXXObcI4MU

Even with the mishap at the beginning, still fought my way back to 3rd place with minimal crashing lol

Just got the game. Friend of mine bought a PS4 bundle did not like DC and I could buy it cheap ( I would not wait for the PS+ version to arrive ).

Controls are great, fantastic cockpitview and especially the lighting is really, really beautiful and very natural. Can't wait for the weather update!

I also own Forza Horizon 2 ( don't worry....love both, not wanna start a vs debate here :D ) but people who own both....Am I mistaken that the Forza 30 fps somehow seem smoother than the DC 30 fps? I read the DF articles and both are steady 30, but somehow the scenery in DC seems to be moving slower? What could cause that or are my eyes fooling me?

Just got the game. Friend of mine bought a PS4 bundle did not like DC and I could buy it cheap ( I would not wait for the PS+ version to arrive ).

Controls are great, fantastic cockpitview and especially the lighting is really, really beautiful and very natural. Can't wait for the weather update!

I also own Forza Horizon 2 ( don't worry....love both, not wanna start a vs debate here :D ) but people who own both....Am I mistaken that the Forza 30 fps somehow seem smoother than the DC 30 fps? I read the DF articles and both are steady 30, but somehow the scenery in DC seems to be moving slower? What could cause that or are my eyes fooling me?

Speed difference could just be down to the chosen fov, as for Forza appearing smoother it's probably because of the that speed difference as the scenery doesn't cover so much distance between frames.

Mullah88

DRIVING a slower car, come back when you've driving the venom

Speed difference could just be down to the chosen fov, as for Forza appearing smoother it's probably because of the that speed difference as the scenery doesn't cover so much distance between frames.

Thanks, that could be it. Feels kinda weird though, as if some scenery 'frames' are skipped. Guess I'm very sensitive to these things ( had the same problem with NFS Rivals when it launched and the fact that MK8 also is not 'really' 60, albeit damn close, also felt a bit weird ).

DRIVING a slower car, come back when you've driving the venom

Nah, guess that won't do. When I use slow cars in FH2 and the same cars in DC, I still notice. Anyway...don't really have a problem with it, but wondering if someone else noticed it too and what could cause this.

Number45

The T300RS is really sturdy, colour me impressed. However, the reviewer that said that the USB cable is long enough... obviously didn't cable tidy that particular cable. There's about 18 inches to play with. :-/

Ordered an extension, but I should be able to set myself up near enough to the PS4 tomorrow to at least give it a whirl.

so I am guessing buying a wheel and racing this inside the car view changes the whole game?

I never like racing in that view I crash a lot but I've never owned a racing wheel I am curious I may get a wheel when I get some extra funds

dano1

A Sheep
so I am guessing buying a wheel and racing this inside the car view changes the whole game?

I never like racing in that view I crash a lot but I've never owned a racing wheel I am curious I may get a wheel when I get some extra funds

With the incoming weather patch playing a inside the car view is a must. I had the same problem. I always used the bumper cam in my other racers but there's something cool about driving behind the windshield!! I use the top of the dashboard cam. It gives you a better view of the road ahead. Just takes some practice.

This may help. When using the driver cam look through the road exactly like you would when racing in real life, not just at the next corner but try and see through it using the line you are going to take and you are basically always trying to hit the point you are aiming at about 4-6 car lengths in front of you.

I can't play racing games in any other view but I don't use a wheel. I can never get the balance of the car correct or hit apexes without that view. I'm ok with dash cam and bonnet cam but not good enough in those views to play well, plus I never get the hyper focused vision in those views which is really why I like racing games.

Synth

Nah, guess that won't do. When I use slow cars in FH2 and the same cars in DC, I still notice. Anyway...don't really have a problem with it, but wondering if someone else noticed it too and what could cause this.

Yea, I noticed it too. I actually already mentioned it in the Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off thread.

The framerate thing is really weird as well. According to DF it's locked perfectly at 30fps like Horizon 2 is, but when I go from playing one to playing the other, the difference in motion is huge.

It has nothing to do with the speed of the cars, as it doesn't matter if I'm using a slow car or a fast car in either Driveclub or Horizon 2, everything always appears to move more smoothly in Horizon 2.

Yea, I noticed it too. I actually already mentioned it in the Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off thread.

It has nothing to do with the speed of the cars, as it doesn't matter if I'm using a slow car or a fast car in either Driveclub or Horizon 2, everything always appears to move more smoothly in Horizon 2.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one feeling this....exact the same for me. Both 30 but FH2 is much smoother. I switched between the two games yesterdaynight and the difference boggles the mind.

GodofWine

Still no new news? How many weeks has it been?

Things have improved constantly, they just stopped making posts on Facebook about it, after shu said it was officially delayed, they went dark (which is probably the best thing to do in this case).

But like I said, most of the functionality is working , and it must be two weeks since I didn't connect to my club or multi player. MP has been an almost smooth experience the last few days.

So maybe they are making progress, once they flip on challenges we will know they are close.

I would hope it means they're busting ass and that the next update will be the one we've been waiting for, so to speak.

Yeah, i'm not forgetting this. The game was ruined for a long time.
I'm not even playiong untill i read on GAF that the game is completely great and completely smooth.

People who ask deserve their money back.

People who waited, deserve some compensation.

Okay.. haven't played this game in days. IS there any news? Did things get fixed?
It seems like they fixed the record lap times. When I was racing with the BMW M235i in Chile, my record time was 1.30 with a Mercedes, which was impossibly fast and I wasn't able to see any ghosts. The 20+ best times were bugged times with other cars. Today the bugged times have disappeared and the top times are all fixed.

It is a great feeling seeing things getting fixed. This game is great. It deserves to be fixed, it deserves to work fine and have private lobbies. I feel it really has potential and it's a shame the state in which it was launched.

Got this last night after being completely disgusted with that The Crew beta over the weekend. Love it so far. Searched for s GAF club. Do clubs only hold 6 ppl in total or can I still be added to the GafClub?

kriskrosbbk

I am on a rampage.What is going on with this game.Had it since day 1 and pretty much played the single player only cause of the issues.Tried today with a friend to play some multi,this was my most frustrating time with my PS4 and this game.
Cannot fucking believe it.

Top Bottom