• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

10320270_857192354312686_6638135812387802204_n.jpg

Thanks for this Evo :)

oh wow

you would be sad if they took it away tomorrow lol

Hugstable

Banned
Steps to find a club:

1) Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your PSN friends list
2) Look up all of DRIVECLUB-GAF's friends and add as many as you want.
3) As your friends list grows, you wills start seeing their clubs within the game under club connections.
4) Look for vacancies and request to join. May be send the owner a PSN message as well.

Oh thanks for this, I've been wondering where I can find more Driveclub buddies.

At the time of this post i was playing online...

i feel like im gifted by the gods...because the lobby sync takes a little time but it worked for me this afternoon

Can I have your Internet? Its been on and off for me, and not really syncing up much the last few days unless I really wait it out. My club did get like 2 million points of so though off a single race when it was all wonky like this, so hey I guess thats awesome :).

Also anyone have any tips for Venom Hot Lap? Having so much trouble with it :(

GodofWine

Also anyone have any tips for Venom Hot Lap? Having so much trouble with it :(

I just took a tenth off my (nothing else is working...) time, and it was a sloppy last lap:
http://youtu.be/ICf3e59i9SY

My daughter picked the colors....

Tip: go like hell. Turn one is FAST, better to be fast on straights than turns...good luck, this is a hard event

It took me hours to get sub 1:16, and hours more to beat my own time.

after DriveClub playing this NFS Rivals is no fun at all back to grinding DC

@Hugstable my club THE LAST RUN has space for you all cars unlocked

space for 3 more

lewisgone

Steps to find a club:

1) Add DRIVECLUB-GAF to your PSN friends list
2) Look up all of DRIVECLUB-GAF's friends and add as many as you want.
3) As your friends list grows, you wills start seeing their clubs within the game under club connections.
4) Look for vacancies and request to join. May be send the owner a PSN message as well.

Thanks for this. That's a cool system.

Shaneus

Yup, didn't have my card running, but used the Share button instead.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B14F-1AIYAAo_9f.jpg:large

As you can see, 1.22.553 and I'm just passed the finish line, at the start of lap 2!
Ohhhh... you did it after falling behind to get a good run. I was thinking you had to contend with the AI! I wound up getting mine the second time by getting to first in the Mono after the second lap. Can't remember how I did it the first time... I think it was on the last lap.

I just took a tenth off my (nothing else is working...) time, and it was a sloppy last lap:

Tip: go like hell. Turn one is FAST, better to be fast on straights than turns...good luck, this is a hard event

Nice!! I can't get under 1.16 yet. So close though. I can't drive a lick in 3rd person cam. Like the car color. My daughter has similar tastes. :)

hallohering

Neo Member
I really like this game, seems just perfect for a driving noob like me :)

I now have completed the legend cup with 9/9 stars, but there are no end credits. Do i have to get all the stars for the end credits? Or are there no end credits at all?

Greets :)

Shaneus

I really like this game, seems just perfect for a driving noob like me :)

I now have completed the legend cup with 9/9 stars, but there are no end credits. Do i have to get all the stars for the end credits? Or are there no end credits at all?

Greets :)
There are end credits under settings from the main menu, they can be accessed even without any trophies :)

I just picked up this game today during the Target sale.

Can someone please update me on the following:

1) Have they added replays to this game? I heard there wasn't a mode for this at launch and it was really jarring and disappointing. I hope if they haven't added it, its coming real soon.

2) Is the Photo mode in yet? I would, at least like to see this if the replays aren't in yet.

3) What about the weather patch? Did they add that yet? The effects in that looked incredible, so I would love to try it out. Especially with the photo and replay mode.

i-Lo

So, I joined a different club than a GAF club. Despite adding 2 of the members whose PSN ID worked, I neither know who the leader is nor is there any desire to create the club; the shitty online situation has perhaps made them too reluctant for my taste. After all some of the best cars are locked behind club levels.

Guess I'll just leave this here…

They are. Expect photo mode to come later this month. Weather next month. Replays are probably early next year.

As much as I love the core game, I often wonder how the game ever got released; replay should have been a day 1 feature.

Melchiah

As much as I love the core game, I often wonder how the game ever got released; replay should have been a day 1 feature.

I really wish it had a split screen two player mode, even if that meant lowering the eye candy for it. Racers should always have a local multiplayer. They just don't feel complete without one, as was the case with another Evolution racer, MotorStorm.

lewisgone

Is anyone else getting challenges with impossible scores? Last night I kept seeing challenges where the other person had an average speed of 11000mph or whatever. Strange

GodofWine

Is anyone else getting challenges with impossible scores? Last night I kept seeing challenges where the other person had an average speed of 11000mph or whatever. Strange

Some speed challenges are showing drift scores, it's a glitch that they are aware of...probably low on the priority list :/

Ohhhh... you did it after falling behind to get a good run. I was thinking you had to contend with the AI! I wound up getting mine the second time by getting to first in the Mono after the second lap. Can't remember how I did it the first time... I think it was on the last lap.
No, I did it by passing the AI to being out in front. I just pulled over to take the screenshot, hence I was behind the AI at that point.

Here's the video, a little bit scruffy but it had to be done :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9F9zHjFgIQ

murgo

Some speed challenges are showing drift scores, it's a glitch that they are aware of...probably low on the priority list :/

Drift scores can't even go that high.. there's no way you can get 11.000 points in one corner. The whole thing is just weird.

i_max

Neo Member

Its a decent time, but you have another half a second there, I did a 1:15:81x day before, and I have another half a second there, you have to hug the apex's you were way off in some turns.

I was doing manual for all my other times, I disabled the manual and did an auto run and came with the 2 sub 1:16's. One good thing thats good about its physics is to slow down and get to the right gear, your car will almost stop twitching, and sometimes when its over steering do some short shifting, stabilize and re-gear.

GodofWine

Its a decent time, but you have another half a second there, I did a 1:15:81x day before, and I have another half a second there, you have to hug the apex's you were way off in some turns.

I was doing manual for all my other times, I disabled the manual and did an auto run and came with the 2 sub 1:16's. One good thing thats good about its physics is to slow down and get to the right gear, your car will almost stop twitching, and sometimes when its over steering do some short shifting, stabilize and re-gear.

I couldn't believe I beat my ghost and the target ghost with how I mangled the fast left hander, and that last right left right combo, guess I just carried speed well...Will try auto.

Kodros

Constantly getting rear ended at every turn because I'm not slowing down where the game expects me to slow is really, really turning me off of this game. I'm really getting tired of losing a ton of points because I have to restart the race. Do you guys know if I get to keep the points if I finish the round race but restart it before the next race?

They really need to add an "infinite lap" mode to point to point races too. Just restart me automatically but don't restart the time of day. And the points you earn by doing single event time trials needs to be increased. Tour events just throws points at you, meanwhile they are stingy on the time trials. Think I get like 30k points from 25 minutes of racing.

I am doing a time trial with some friends. We choose a track and a car and try to do our best time in that week (chile putre M235i). The game says my best time is 1.31.010 which is simply impossible, so when I race, the ghost that's supposed to be downloaded is the one with the bugged time. The problem is the game doesn't record any of my new ghosts because they are worse than my supposed best, so I can't use them as a guide to know wether I'm doing better than the last time and it is much harder for me to get better times.

This game is so broken, and it's a real shame because I love it.

10320270_857192354312686_6638135812387802204_n.jpg

Thanks for this Evo :)
Don't thank them so fast. I got a couple updates like that (2 million, then 1 million) getting my club to 8 million total. 2 days later my club was back to level 1 with 1.5 million negative points.

Afrikan

I just don't think it was a priority at EVO... I mean I don't know about their WRC series, but the Motorstorm series never had replays either.

finally got back online last night, after it was acting funny on Fri and Saturday. But it worked well last night... everything loaded fast and I was in and out of races rather quickly with no disconnections.

if it can be even quicker than that, when they are finally done....wow that would great.

I just mean with the added fact that tracks load so fast as it is....wow.

i_max

Neo Member
I couldn't believe I beat my ghost and the target ghost with how I mangled the fast left hander, and that last right left right combo, guess I just carried speed well...Will try auto.

I think you averaged (speed) well for that section, but if you took the shorter route it'd be even faster ;)

Shaneus

No, I did it by passing the AI to being out in front. I just pulled over to take the screenshot, hence I was behind the AI at that point.

Here's the video, a little bit scruffy but it had to be done :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9F9zHjFgIQ
Thanks for posting that! It wasn't that I didn't believe you, I just had no idea how you were getting it. I didn't realise the first red left-hander and the following right were *that* exploitable. I always cut them what I thought to be pretty fine, but you're getting a lot more time out of them than I am.

Well done!

Next question: What did you wind up getting on the Venom Hot Lap?

pompidu

So just played my first online match. Nope, never doing that again. If your not in pole position 1 or 2, expect to get run off the road with the 5 other cars and never catch up. Same stupid shit with every racing game.

Single player is pretty fun though.

GodofWine

I just ran three races in a row without being kicked in between for the first time ever...things synced fast and the transitions were really quick...god I hope this means that they're on to something.

Afrikan

So just played my first online match. Nope, never doing that again. If your not in pole position 1 or 2, expect to get run off the road with the 5 other cars and never catch up. Same stupid shit with every racing game.

But that is what makes it fun for me....dodging the knuckleheads....and then trying to catch up. If you stay patient, you get within range....usually who ever is in 1st is most likely going to be dealing with 2nd and 3rd place trying to pass him by or put pressure on him.

That's what I like about this game, it's not out of the question to catch up because the cars are fast as hell....and any hesitation or conservativness on the leader's part will allow someone behind them, who is gambling on corners, a chance to catch up.

dano1

A Sheep
But that is what makes it fun for me....dodging the knuckleheads....and then trying to catch up. If you stay patient, you get within range....usually who ever is in 1st is most likely going to be dealing with 2nd and 3rd place trying to pass him by or put pressure on him.

That's what I like about this game, it's not out of the question to catch up because the cars are fast as hell....and any hesitation or conservativness on the leader's part will allow someone behind them, who is gambling on corners, a chance to catch up.

I totally agree!! I was lucky with my first race everybody was trying to drive clean and had a great time.
Next few races there were some dirty drivers and I was pissed! After that it was defensive driving and now the game is a blast!! I start out driving clean but once the wannabe Tony Stewart try's to wipe me out it turns into deathrace 2014!! And that's just as fun as the racing!!
But when they patch in lobbies so you can set up your own races all will be fine again for people that don't like the extra excitement:)

iFootball

Finally!!.. Venom Hot Lap - 1:15.265

... At first it seemed impossible, but many, many tries later it started to click... and even with a so-so start, I finally managed to get under 1:16.000

video pending as Upload to YouTube is not working for me right now...

225 stars here I come...

krioto

No the online is great - even when some guys want to play bumper cars - nothing better than catching up to the guy that took you out and passing them just before the finish line!

Finally got all 225 stars! Venom hot lap took me over an hour but I got just under 1:16 even though I screwed up on the last turn and went wide onto the grass. The Legend trophy was a piece of cake after that. Used the Zonda and the last race was so easy, I picked up the Cleanup trophy.

Has anyone figured out how to get the Rack Em Up, Knock Em Down trophy?

I've beat all three target times in a time trial event in one go but never received the trophy. Did this in multiple events. Is this for the time trials in the tour events or ones we create ourselves?

I've beat all three target times in a time trial event in one go but never received the trophy. Did this in multiple events. Is this for the time trials in the tour events or ones we create ourselves?

this one is the easiest to gain I think I got it not even trying, but if you want it bad enough you can cheat the system, you go to single event time trial and your first run go at a very slow pace your second run go slow but not as slow as last time your third run go as fast as you can so this one is really not the hardest one to get

I did it the normal way just tried to beat my times and got it without having to slow down

Thanks for posting that! It wasn't that I didn't believe you, I just had no idea how you were getting it. I didn't realise the first red left-hander and the following right were *that* exploitable. I always cut them what I thought to be pretty fine, but you're getting a lot more time out of them than I am.

Well done!

Next question: What did you wind up getting on the Venom Hot Lap?
High 1.15s. Took a while. Too eager on the throttle. Less is more in that thing.

just got approved on gaf!
Anyways i have to say this is the racing game i have been waiting for!
I have been gaming on xbox since the beginning but this game made me switch to ps4 and i regret nothing.
The car handling, gfx and music are all top notch and indeed remind me of the pgr series.
I might remember wrong but i think the drifting in pgr was better.
Shame the game is a bit too easy to get all the stars. I hoped the venom hot lap would be a challenge somewhat but because of the ghosts i did it in 4 tries.
With the ghosts it s very easy to see where you can shave off some time.
if any1 loves comparing times please do add me psn deathrowinmate66.

Shaneus

Finally!!.. Venom Hot Lap - 1:15.265

... At first it seemed impossible, but many, many tries later it started to click... and even with a so-so start, I finally managed to get under 1:16.000

video pending as Upload to YouTube is not working for me right now...

225 stars here I come...
Nice work! I think I got around that too... maybe 1:15.385? I know I can shave off even more, and without having the pressure of needing to hit 1:16 I should be able to get into the high 1:14s.

High 1.15s. Took a while. Too eager on the throttle. Less is more in that thing.
Very much so. Once I realised how damn detrimental it is to get on the throttle early, it seemed to fall into place quite easily.

Just a quick post to say ... I was online last night and the whole experience was just as fast (if not faster than) the BAC Mono.

From initial startup, myClub was already shown - no load times. Checking Club Members and the events calendar took less than 10 seconds to load.

Ireland here .. so don't know whether their testing method is geographically based. Whether it will degrade over the week or not I dunno. But will try again tonight and see if there's any consistency with the connection.

The whole process is rather Impressive when it works it must be said.

Online Challenges next Evo ! :)

Top Bottom