• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

dr guildo

IrwIcEQ.jpg

Really love that one !! Well done !

Bradf50

Hi all,

I've been playing Driveclub since day 1 and It's been seriously fun. Stumbling upon this great thread, I can't get my jaw off the floor! Great work everyone, It's inspired me to try a little photography of my own and since I've found the time tonight I thought I'd share a few shots with you. I don't think they hold a candle to most of the pics shared in here but I had fun doing it and thats all that matters. :) All of the shots contain the McLaren P1 as I flippin love that car and can't get enough of it, lol.

16143239097_e254311af0_c.jpg

16327338001_bcf2c43390_c.jpg

16141732630_398f9575ef_c.jpg

15709190003_4b390cf987_c.jpg

16327322581_23ee25a05e_c.jpg

Since the update I saw the camera was now rotatable with the touchpad so I decided to make myself a few new phone backgrounds:

16329129385_1e67078ced_c.jpg
16143219657_e80fa93fa6_c.jpg

Heres a link to my flickr page if anyone wants the full res versions.

Many thanks,

Brad

I've only just picked Driveclub up again and this is my first venture into photomode so I haven't had a chance to explore all the settings yet so here's my first basic snaps...

J4HNQEs.jpg

WtXhC2k.jpg

MhkpWgl.jpg

8j5HS5n.jpg

AMG

Neo Member
(I'm finally a member! Feel like I need to celebrate for some reason 😜)

There are some amazing photos in this page!
Below is my humble submission which I took a while ago and can now finally post on here.

This picture basically starts with: "Sorry miss, I know I borrowed your car and promised to return it intact...but you see...there was this crazy, serial killer looking driver who chased me down past the Observatory and....well...the good news is I got away but..ummm......your car might need to go to a garage.....sorry😬

15768323219_703b147a92_c.jpg

Ame

My account finally got validated and I've been dying to post some images in this thread. I've been lurking the NeoGaf forums for years and finally decided to join. This thread and the DC weather thread are the reason I bought the game when it went on sale.

xUabA32.png

NnM8Wlf.jpg

9209uzu.jpg

nwOmUs8.jpg

1y7oTGs.jpg

SY5tUlM.jpg

xdDBQaJ.jpg

nbTLtCb.jpg

65wGgG6.jpg

x7qAwQB.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
My account finally got validated and I've been dying to post some images in this thread. I've been lurking the NeoGaf forums for years and finally decided to join. This thread and the DC weather thread are the reason I bought the game when it went on sale.

xUabA32.png

NnM8Wlf.jpg

9209uzu.jpg

nwOmUs8.jpg

1y7oTGs.jpg

SY5tUlM.jpg

xdDBQaJ.jpg

nbTLtCb.jpg

65wGgG6.jpg

x7qAwQB.jpg

Post them bigger next time.

How do you get that nice DOF in your photos? I cannot fucking figure it out for the life of me. All I can get is the normal motion blur that comes with reducing the shutter speed

You need to increase the aperture - which counter-intuitively gets smaller as the F number increases. Lower f-stops (numbers) will give you a wider aperture and a shallower depth of field. Your exposure times (given the same lighting conditions) will decrease as you open up the aperture.

Ebolarama

Banned
Hi all,

I've been playing Driveclub since day 1 and It's been seriously fun. Stumbling upon this great thread, I can't get my jaw off the floor! Great work everyone, It's inspired me to try a little photography of my own and since I've found the time tonight I thought I'd share a few shots with you. I don't think they hold a candle to most of the pics shared in here but I had fun doing it and thats all that matters. :) All of the shots contain the McLaren P1 as I flippin love that car and can't get enough of it, lol.

[
16329129385_1e67078ced_c.jpg
16143219657_e80fa93fa6_c.jpg

Heres a link to my flickr page if anyone wants the full res versions.

Many thanks,

Brad

I'd say they hold a candle. Good job on all but I especially liked the top-down view.

xUabA32.png

NnM8Wlf.jpg

9209uzu.jpg

nwOmUs8.jpg

1y7oTGs.jpg

SY5tUlM.jpg

xdDBQaJ.jpg

nbTLtCb.jpg

65wGgG6.jpg

x7qAwQB.jpg
How do you know when your account gets validated?

Gestault

Any reason you re-sized these during the editing process? They look beautiful, in spite of it.

davitpr

xUabA32.png

NnM8Wlf.jpg

9209uzu.jpg

nwOmUs8.jpg

1y7oTGs.jpg

SY5tUlM.jpg

xdDBQaJ.jpg

nbTLtCb.jpg

65wGgG6.jpg

x7qAwQB.jpg

This game is just unbelievable. Nice pics! I'm new too!

Gestault

I re-sized them because I posted so many at once. If you guys want the originals, I'll edit my post.

You don't need the extra step of using post-editing software. Any time you quote an image, it'll scale down to fit in the quote box, and people can just click the image to see the full-size version.

Ame

You can post the pics within quote tags to make them smaller, if you don't want take that much space on the page.

You don't need the extra step of using post-editing software. Any time you quote an image, it'll scale down to fit in the quote box, and people can just click the image to see the full-size version.

Didn't think of that. I'll remember for next time. Thanks.

benzy

Those are some stunning shots!!

Great shots.

Thanks bros.

How do you get that nice DOF in your photos? I cannot fucking figure it out for the life of me. All I can get is the normal motion blur that comes with reducing the shutter speed

Set up your camera angle, then in settings go to "Focal Distance" and move the slider down with the left thumbstick until you see the green line on top of the car (or any object you want to be in focus). Then go up to "Aperture" and move the slider down to your liking (the lower you set it the stronger the DOF blur). If you need to change what part of the car you want to be in more focus and clear, just go back and move the "Focal Distance" line to that part.

I can't wait for my account to get validated as I have some cool shots of my own. I wish Evo would turn on the LED daytime headlights for the cars that do have them like the M4 etc. It would make some of these photos pop out even more not saying these screens don't already look amazing. It's just something cool I wish was in the game but still great screenshots non the less.

le-seb

I can't wait for my account to get validated as I have some cool shots of my own.
What? lol
Your account is already validated, otherwise you couldn't post anything.

It'll take 3 months (or is it 2?) and 300 messages before you leave your junior member status, but this shouldn't prevent you from posting your screenshots.

Melchiah

Thanks bros.

Set up your camera angle, then in settings go to "Focal Distance" and move the slider down with the left thumbstick until you see the green line on top of the car (or any object you want to be in focus). Then go up to "Aperture" and move the slider down to your liking (the lower you set it the stronger the DOF blur). If you need to change what part of the car you want to be in more focus and clear, just go back and move the "Focal Distance" line to that part.

No, thank you. ;)

I'll try that trick the next time I'm using photo mode.

Top Bottom