• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS kiosks hitting the retailers

If I can pick up a unit on launch day, I'm thinking of sitting in the food court near the EB to see if anybody else is nearby on Pictochat to play some games. I bet even employees will be playing on launch day.

Cruel Bastard Mario said:
When I get my very own NDS, the first thing I plan on doing is playing Metroid Hunters against whomever is on the demo units in the store I buy it at.

Oh, and since most malls have several toy and video game stores close to each other, I wonder how long it'll take until Team EB Games faces Team Gamestop :)

I actually have organized this with my EB manager. He's promoting it to the DS pre-order people.

Launch day FRAG FEST!

aoi tsuki

krypt0nian said:
I actually have organized this with my EB manager. He's promoting it to the DS pre-order people.

Launch day FRAG FEST!
Hope they have an anbundance of power strips, because the battery won't last long without a charge, especially with WiFi play. But that's a pretty good idea, and i think i'll pitch that to my local EB.

Soul4ger

I just got back from the mall... I played the demo for an hour, with a fellow EB worker. It was great fun, just a two-player game. I didn't get the chance to play it a lot yesterday, so we were screwing around with the power-ups and stuff. I can't wait to try it with a couple more players.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
aoi tsuki said:
Hope they have an anbundance of power strips, because the battery won't last long without a charge, especially with WiFi play. But that's a pretty good idea, and i think i'll pitch that to my local EB.

i don't know about you but i don't think i could stay in an EB for six hours :lol

aoi tsuki

deadlifter said:
i don't know about you but i don't think i could stay in an EB for six hours :lol
i guess we'll see just how long the battery lasts. i doubt it's a full charge, likely good enough for an hour or so, then factor in WiFi which would drop battery life to a third or half. Combine that with the fact that people will want to play more than Hunters -- Mario 64 and IIRC Asphalt support WiFi.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Tenguman said:
Do DS's come fully charged?

I'd think not, if it comes even half charged it should be enough for people that want to try out the WiFi. Of course there will always be exceptions...

MacGuffin

I dunno, but the Nintendo recommended that you fully charge the SP before you played it so I would imagine you should do the same with the DS.

I took a stroll into BestBuy this afternoon to check out the DS kiosk. Good stuff. I renamed the unit to "BestBuySux" and the personal greeting to "Use Fry's ad to pricematch". Much more entertaining than the Metroid demo.

I'm gonna go to the mall and mock the kids who bought a DS.

"haha, two screens, how gay"

"DUDE! IT'S NINTENDO"

"well, it should be fun for you at recess and all"

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drinky Crow said:
I'm gonna go to the mall and mock the kids who bought a DS.

"haha, two screens, how gay"

"DUDE! IT'S NINTENDO"

"well, it should be fun for you at recess and all"

Drinky, what you SHOULD do is buy a DS, hide inside the bathroom and use Pictochat to mock everyone else using a DS.

DavidDayton said:
Drinky, what you SHOULD do is buy a DS, hide inside the bathroom and use Pictochat to mock everyone else using a DS.

Rub it!

Doop doop doop doop doop doop doop doop,
Doop doop doop doop doop doop doop doop.....

Hmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmm,
hmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmmhmm.....

Rub it!

Top Bottom