• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 07 - What we know Nintendo is bringing to the table

Damn it . . . I wrote this up and then found the thread closed, so I'm posting it here! :lol

Q. Has Nintendo just retarded gaming evolution?

A. No . . . by definition, they have not. Evolution rewards those that survive & reproduce. That tranlates into sales. And Nintendo is selling stuff like crazy.

But evolution creates all sorts of animals that survive with different strategies. Nintendo is the cute little birdies & squirrels of the world.

The xbox 360 & PS3 shooters are the lions, tigers, and sharks of the world.

Both can survive in the world. In fact the 360 & PS3 will do well . . . Nintendo sells Wiis & some 1st party software. But the 360 sells lots of software to the hardcore crowd that buy the most games. As long as the hardcore crowd keep buying cutting edge technically savvy games, gaming will move forwards technologically. But I love the cute Nintendo stuff too. I want me more 3D platform games . . .where are they?

Bo130

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
So only Mario Kart & "Wii Health" are debuted at E3. What's Nintendo doing with the rest? Massive blow out at TGS?

Spaceworld 2007 for the hardcore games.

Believe.

ziran

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
So only Mario Kart & "Wii Health" are debuted at E3. What's Nintendo doing with the rest? Massive blow out at TGS?
I think that's pretty much it until next year.

There'll be some new stuff at TGS with Nintendo having a presence there, but like E3, I think it'll just be a few titles across both DS and Wii. Maybe Animal Crossing Wii will be shown.

Nintendo is in such a strong position they won't announce much, it would be counter productive to do so. Wii Fit is being released in Japan this year, so they'll be focusing all their any gamer marketing on that title.

Of course, this means they're working on a load of titles we don't know about, which are going to be given as much time as they need to be as amazing as possible, which is an awesome prospect! :D

Top Bottom