• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Microsoft, won the battle of the conferences. Lets see if anything else pops up during the week.

MAG's concept is nice, but can it pull it off? I have doubts, 256 player online is insane and far too ambitious.

The whole thing is far too disorganised unless the whole team really works together, heck, pub servers on TF2 have trouble following simple commands, and thats about 24 players on a server.

It be very interesting if they can pull it off.

Overall, nice conference, just a bit too waffley.

Eric WK

btkadams said:
wow the bitching in this thread. easily the best conference. exlcusive games and content people. thats what you all want, but since they didnt steal a 360 exclusive you guys continue to bitch.

:lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
MS wins with one single announcement (FFXIII). Eventhough their whole meetoo (lips, avatars, scene it) conference was shit.

besada

Banned
Well, better than Nintendo's conference anyway, which was like letting Reggie take a dump in your face for an hour.

Would have liked to see more actual games, as opposed to CGI and pre-shown trailers, but MAG looked interesting (in theory).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
what a fail, what a waste of time these conferences have been. This wasnt the sony show, it was the insomniac show for the first half.

Owzers

That was crap. A bad trailer of Resistance 2 that actually ruined the anticipation i had for it after seeing the huge monster teaser. When the teaser is better than the actual gameplay, you have problems. 256 players MAG i'm HIGHLY skeptical. A whole lot of talking, a whole whole whole whole whole lot of talking. GoW 3 can't save a conference when it's a ten second trailer that doesnt' do much of anything.

slider

Not bad. Not great either. Not enough focus on games and (I may have missed it) no release dates for their two reveals: MAG and GOWIII.

Ponn

Banned
I need a tshirt

"I went to the Sony E3 Press Conference and all I got was DC Universe and a Blu-ray movie player"

Concept17

Deadly said:
Looks like Microsoft is the big winner this year... Really big bomba by Sony and Nintendo both.

I don't get how the onslaught of PSN and PSP games, combined with a 256player shooter and GoW3 are 'bomba'.

Nintendo's conference was bomba.

Accident

133.jpg

134.jpg

137.jpg

141.jpg

nyong

Banned
Resistence 2 looked great, as did the PSN stuff. I can't believe there were no real surprises, though. Like playable/demo stuff we haven't already seen.

I hate to admit it. In retrospect, at least Nintendo showed they were working on stuff we didn't already know about. As bad as their conference sucked as a whole....

The life is getting sucked out of Sony. It's going to be hard to recover from FF13. Not bc of the game, necessary but how the tide is flowing

Top Bottom