• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
btkadams said:
wow the bitching in this thread. easily the best conference. exlcusive games and content people. thats what you all want, but since they didnt steal a 360 exclusive you guys continue to bitch.

It was a solid conference, I rather liked that PSP section, Microsoft has an uneven conference, good beginning, great end, terrible middle, and Nintendo had, well, they had something that should have been saved for the Casual Developers Conference.

scarybore

Better than Nintendo's conference, but that ain't saying much. Not great E3 conferences at all this year, but I would say MS won it.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
One shot of Eternal Sonata constituted all of their RPG coverage.

About 895038 Action games.

It's absolutely disgusting to say this conference was the best conference this year. Any other year (except 2003) and this would EASILY have been the worst. Jesus Fucking Christ guys...

Setanta

The WORST E3 IN EXISTENCE...........EVER!!!

Microsoft's conference was REALLY bad, an embarassment, but it comes top- 1st

Nintendo's was effectively the worst they have ever had and a HUGE shock!- 2nd

Sony's was abysmal! and Boring!! The worst of the bunch- 3rd

What is going on?

Haunted

MS conference: 7/10 without FFXIII announcement, 9/10 with.
Sony Conference: 7/10 would've been a 8/10 with Team ICO
Nintendo Conference: 2/10 lol

Busty

Banned
MS announced that they were getting a port of FFXIII.

And in return Sony announced a game called Fat Princess and Jeremy Clarkson.

....the poor bastards at SE and MS never had a chance.

My6cats

Banned
Is Sony going 1 SKU? the way it was phrased it sounds like the 40 gig is just getting a hard drive increase. I am curious what going to happen to the BC that the 80 gig had??

I don't know what people expect from these conferences. Everyone in here complains like little bitches and appears to be the expert on what Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo should be doing.

Sony FTW!

KZObsessed

Decent conference afterall, but we needed A LOT more than decent.

So basically we got:

MS: FFXIII also coming to 360, not in Japan tho.
Sony: Ratchet: Quest for Booty PSN, PSP has a good line up with a few surprises! GOWIII CG teaser. MAG 256 player online CG Teaser.
Nintendo: Fuck all

Disappointing E3 overall.

Don

So looks like the best system at E3 was the PSP.
Best 360 stuff was Gears 2 and Resident Evil 5.
Wii was :lol
PS3 had a CG God Of War 3 trailer.

SCReuter

This E3 was awful:

- Too many brown shooters
- Too many music/casual games
- Too little Japanese developed titles

Seriously, what happened to the Japanese developers?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sony conference was better than Microsoft and Nintendo.

E3 ain't over yet, there's still plenty to see.

But the conferences? Yeah, they were pretty much ass. There were some GREAT looking games sprinkled in each conference (FO3, GoW2, Banjo, Fable, FFXIII, AC, GoW3, MAG, LBP, etc). But all in all, I was hoping for more realtime footage of brand new games we've never seen before - stuff that isn't too far off. We didn't get enough of that.

Hopefully throughout the week we'll see more.

Blader

ghst said:
so to summarise e3, if you really *must* play games, upgrade your pc.

Oh, shut up.

The only failure at E3 so far has been Nintendo. Both Sony and MS showed off a shitload of games and other features. If you people rank E3 conferences based on the amount of far-off games shown, then you're fucking sad.

Mononofu

meltdown.gif

Damn it sony.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Loudninja said:
My lord, if they shown gameplay people will cry about how unfinished it look, its NEVER ENDING.
Stop being so apologetic. Besides what had been already announced in past conferences, there is nothing to look forward to until fall 09 at the earliest. What was new with this conference? GoW3? That's the worst kept secret, MAG sounds awesome, but it was just a damn CG trailer and it has happened with Sony before that when they show you CG it means the games are still over a year away. Tell me how isn't this disappointing in the PS3 front?

MAG will never work because it's on a console. 256 is too many on a console, too many for voice chat, etc etc. Even the squad system in Bad Company doesn't work well when playing with strangers, and this is that on a massive scale.

Battlefield 3 I could easily see doing 256 players and being a massive success. But that's on PC. MAG's console home means it will bomb.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I can't believe how anyone can say MS' conference was horrible. You're simply wrong.

- Showed great demos.
- New dashboard/a few XBLA games.
- Casual stuff. Whether or not you LIKED it, it made the conference varied.
- RPGs.
- FF13.

You're INSANE if you call that horrible.

But yes, the conferences as a whole this year, sucked. Microsoft threw Nintendo the ball. They dropped it. Sony picked it up. Then they threw it into a river and it drifted away.

Top Bottom