• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Stealth

irfan said:
The thing this has over Project Natal is that it actually works.

I still stand by my statement that having a controller in your hand will make you feel like less of a fool than Natal's controller-free solution.

camineet said:
Im sorry, but Sony's motion controller seems REAL, while Natal is all pie-in-the-sky promises.
nah.

we've seen what Natal can do. in real games and with the 360 dashboard.

this? seems to have real potential, but has terrible demos. it wasn't ready for E3.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The drawing is what MS should have been showing with their paint demo yesterday. That's the finesse I wanted to see.

critch

Banned
Um who exactly are the 'casuals' that are going to pick this up?

Most expensive console on the market
Eye is what, $50?
How much for the wand?

Fail.

We're downplaying FFXIV because FFXI sucked. Another one of those isn't what anyone wanted.

Donos said:
LIGHTSABER !!! show it and the nerds will go to chaos
That would have been an immediate win. But instead all they managed was a flaccid lightsaber rope, which pretty much sums up this whole demo.

Barrett2

OH GOD THIS IS WORSE THAN WAGGLE 1.0 !!!!

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS? THEY JUST WENT FROM BAD-ASS CONFERENCE TO COMPLETE INANE BULLSHIT :lol :lol

pakkit

Banned
FINALLY WE HAVE AN INTERFACE FOR RTS GAMES

YOU CAN IMAGINE FOOTBALL GAMES WHERE YOU DRAW OUT THE PATH

WE CREATED MOTION CONTROLLERS WITH EYETOY

lol

Thrakier

WTF is with this negativity? THIS is the motion control which we need for HC games (despite missing force feedback). How do you want to play a shooter with natal?

The tracking is good but the application is so embarrassing. They had better change that design too. No way are stores going to display that dildo in the gaming section.

Ironballs

This is actually pretty cool. It's unfortunate Sony forced them to show this so early. That headtracking stuff was really cool.

stuminus3

I predict Eyetoy levels of success for the Sony Dildo.

Don't get me wrong the tech looks freaking amazing... but it exists for all the wrong damn reasons. Bah.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
this is really impressive. i wonder if motionplus is this capable. i really dont understand the hate here.

OMG THEYRE BRINGING ME ZELDA!!! I KNEW IT

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Sony showing wands, microsoft have Natal and Nintendo wants to sell me a pulse checking add-on.

E3 is fantastic.

Top Bottom